Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,812 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (267) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (853467 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ZillyO: 11:03pm On Feb 03, 2016
shirley013:
I have bin a silent reader on this thread. Just an advice to those who got their visa b4 bin pregnant I don't think sending a letter of change of intent is necessary so we don't abuse it. BT rather get all ur burden of proof ready & approach them @ POE. Cos I did same & had no issues just make sure you have enough cash & ur Dr correspondence. Just my opinion.

Please explain the burden of proof....thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 11:23pm On Feb 03, 2016
bigfido:
My wife has been with immigration for over 3hrs now. I am worried sick! She has her burden of proof with full payment of Doctor and hospital fee receipt and letters from them stating payment and appointment.
Oh dear
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 11:30pm On Feb 03, 2016
Bigfido I don't want general thanks jor.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bigfido: 2:15am On Feb 04, 2016
firsttymum:
Bigfido I don't want general thanks jor.

Thank you very much Firsttymum! God bless you real good. I hope you will forgive me being a pest over the phone kikikikikiki
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bigfido: 2:17am On Feb 04, 2016
Thanks everyone. Success to everyone trying o. Nogen, popri, ladyguinivere, Biola and Co. Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Chrisdew: 2:43am On Feb 04, 2016
Holla @ ur Boiy ........smooth sailing
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by cutelass: 2:55am On Feb 04, 2016
ijebujazz:

For those in abuja looking for pta, I got for my DW at the first bank in central area. Though they have limited supply.

wink

Pls just to ask a question, whr u given cash? Or it was loaded to ur card?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Toludo(m): 2:55am On Feb 04, 2016
When I was eager to come and share Dw Poe transcript, apparently there is nothing to share.

Dw entered through Houston Poe, she said the CBP did not ask her any question so after probing further she told me she was putting on a Jacket and the CBP probably did not even notice she was preggy. Also she was not sent in for Secondary Inspection, so her bags were not checked. So it was a walk in the park through the fearsome houston poe.

She was stamped in with no time frame (I guess she is eligible for the usual 6 months).

This is superstory! (LOL)

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 6:14am On Feb 04, 2016
cutelass:

Pls just to ask a question, whr u given cash? Or it was loaded to ur card?

I was given cash.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Semi84: 7:11am On Feb 04, 2016
Hello every one
I am new on this forum, but its been while i am reading all mumies, the forum is pretty helpfull. can any one share their experince in new yorl POE and hospital cost. please. thanks in advance.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 7:52am On Feb 04, 2016
Semi84:
Hello every one
I am new on this forum, but its been while i am reading all mumies, the forum is pretty helpfull. can any one share their experince in new yorl POE and hospital cost. please. thanks in advance.
Type "new York hospital and new York POE.
Then select "travel " under the section.
Many pple hv shared this b4. Check Egonne1 post

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 7:52am On Feb 04, 2016
friend:
Hello my people, please do we have to collect zero balance for each payment(i. e hosp, doctor, Anesthesia, pediatrician etc) or only the hospital.

Yes, I collected Zero balance for all, just request for it dey will give you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by mamacajah: 8:12am On Feb 04, 2016
Hello all, I just need a small favour. I am planning to go visiting in the usa soon and while I have all my receipts for all my payments, I don't have any letter stated zero balance, just payment receipt. Please I would appreciate if someone could scan a copy of the letter. Thanks and sorry for taking us backward but I tried searching for formats of the letter like our great burden of proof but I couldn't get one. embarassed
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nomanicole(f): 8:45am On Feb 04, 2016
@mamacajah, you are not taking anyone backwards because zero balance letter isn't a letter written by mamas, you request for it after collecting your receipts so you won't find any format on this thread.you should call your hospital,paeditrician and doctor to send it to your mailbox or ask any relative to go request for it on your behalf.
Note: it's like a statement of account showing 0.00 balance from the hospital to prove to the embassy or Poe that you did not take Medicaid and you paid your bills.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by woaini(f): 9:01am On Feb 04, 2016
@twingirl God bless you. Very soon, very very soon the Lord will give you double blessings for this trouble.
Waiting to hear your testimony (for its already done)
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shawlar(m): 9:04am On Feb 04, 2016
Apple19:
#SINGING# Oti di Testimony MODUPE!!!!!.........to the Glory of God, our Little Angel made her grand Entry on Saturday 30th, though the devil still waged war but.....God proved HIMSELF FAITHFUL. HALLELUYAH! FULL GIST COMING SOON!!!

congratulations Apple19,
I can see you were 'determined' *in kanu nwankwo's voice* wink and it paid off...
Its now vigilante time for you...
kisses to ur LO

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ajujuju: 9:11am On Feb 04, 2016
ebonymomma:
Hello all,
first time poster.... grin
been a silent reader till now cause i didnt have anything to post really.
Im due in May and have plans to travel in April, going to Houston and using Oakbend. Hubby son and I got our visas last year for vacation as I didnt know i was preggy at the time..................letter of intent sent and response recieved, Docs correspondence too from Oakbend received. Tickets purchased too.........Now on d lookout for PTA....but I wanna ask a quick question.Please is anyone else getting the heebeejeebies over all this Zika virus palaver? I heard one oyinbo guy in Texas has collected the thing from Venezuela ....they shd not ban preggies from coming o!
Sorry for the long post!

Hey mama. My thoughts exactly. Altho im not sure it affects pregnant moms travelling. Ps: pls send me a pm lets tlk. We share same travel plans. Would b nice to have a companion. Bsides wht airline r u flyin?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 9:15am On Feb 04, 2016
mamacajah:
Hello all, I just need a small favour. I am planning to go visiting in the usa soon and while I have all my receipts for all my payments, I don't have any letter stated zero balance, just payment receipt. Please I would appreciate if someone could scan a copy of the letter. Thanks and sorry for taking us backward but I tried searching for formats of the letter like our great burden of proof but I couldn't get one. embarassed

If you don't have it don't stress.

The receipt will do just fine and they can call the dr's office or whoever if they want to confirm

During my last trip to have my second child, the immigration officer was annoyed to see so many zero balance.

H told me pls can you just give me only the receipts

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ajujuju: 9:17am On Feb 04, 2016
[quote author=bigfido post=42593520]Transcript

wow. I cant bgin to imagine what the wait would have been like for you both. Congrats.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by hopefulme: 9:24am On Feb 04, 2016
LadyGuinivere:
Thank God for journey mercies.
'There's an honest one here'
This statement gives me the heebie jeebies and breaks my heart. The bad names folks create for us...

Hmmmmmm.The statement gives me same. sad sad

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ajujuju: 9:25am On Feb 04, 2016
Please has any moms travelled with qatar to houston?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ajujuju: 9:42am On Feb 04, 2016
bigfido:
Thanks everyone. Success to everyone trying o. Nogen, popri, ladyguinivere, Biola and Co. Thank you

Congrats and Gods best.

Pls my question is how did you make payment? I have called almst all hospitals and docs and non is allowing cash transfer. Guess they are either avoiding the tax or tryin to save themselves from naija wahala.

Please help a sister.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Tobermom: 10:43am On Feb 04, 2016
Congrats apple19. God is wonderful

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ifyalways(f): 12:25pm On Feb 04, 2016
Update. . .

I contacted Dr Fagborun via email and he asked for $300 "before further information bla bla " so after much calls and emails to Oakbend and Sugarland, I kuku went for Doctoresparati as we don't have much time. I paid $257 (paypal charge was $7) for their enrollment and doctors letter. I'm now keeping fingers crossed and hope she gets the visa.

Thanks to everyone here for the help. smiley Thanks Phema kiss kiss
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by sadiaalmas: 12:30pm On Feb 04, 2016
ifyalways:
Update. . .

I contacted Dr Fagborun via email and he asked for $300 "before further information bla bla "
Thanks to everyone here for the help. smiley Thanks Phema kiss kiss

WOW! He has joined the band wagon of people asking for money.Isook....... Dont blame him sha.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ifyalways(f): 12:37pm On Feb 04, 2016
sadiaalmas:

WOW! He has joined the band wagon of people asking for money.Isook....... Dont blame him sha.

Lol. This was his words verbatim "Unfortunately our practice is now referral based from prior patients in our database otherwise a remittance of non-refundable $300.00 applied to the physician fee upon arrival must be received before forwarding any information. Kindly provide the name of your referral source". . . .

Besides providing referral name which I don't have, the $300 and when it should be paid was confusing(I think he was simply being smart and careful). I had no more time for the going back and forth so I simply ported to El Paso.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Maggie0133: 1:40pm On Feb 04, 2016
Please is oakbend hospital in Texas?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by sadiaalmas: 1:55pm On Feb 04, 2016
ifyalways:

Lol. This was his words verbatim "Unfortunately our practice is now referral based from prior patients in our database otherwise a remittance of non-refundable $300.00 applied to the physician fee upon arrival must be received before forwarding any information. Kindly provide the name of your referral source". . . .

Besides providing referral name which I don't have, the $300 and when it should be paid was confusing(I think he was simply being smart and careful). I had no more time for the going back and forth so I simply ported to El Paso.

Hmmmmm the guy don learn. His eye haf clear

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 1:56pm On Feb 04, 2016
sylolo:
@Firsttymum,
Thanks for your swift response, She registered yesterday. The front desk lady called Alice in the Patients Account unit to make the enquiry about the transfer. Alice said that they don't do Form A....please send me an email to sylolo12@yahoo.com
They gave u an invoice when she registered abi.? U have d info y need on that print out.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 2:00pm On Feb 04, 2016
bigfido:

Thank you very much Firsttymum! God bless you real good. I hope you will forgive me being a pest over the phone kikikikikiki
no jor... We don turn Padi.... Now we await the wonderful LO...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by lala4sure: 2:36pm On Feb 04, 2016
Hello Guys,
Please what bank presently has the cheapest rates for USD or GBP. Please help a sister as i use GTB and their rates abroad ain't smiling at all. I am travelling in 2 weeks and i don't mind opening a new account to help me with the rates. plssss hellllppppp
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bigfido: 2:38pm On Feb 04, 2016
ajujuju:

Congrats and Gods best.

Pls my question is how did you make payment? I have called almst all hospitals and docs and non is allowing cash transfer. Guess they are either avoiding the tax or tryin to save themselves from naija wahala.

Please help a sister.

Hmmmm I paid with my card o.. 285/$

(1) (2) (3) ... (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.