Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (269) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (853415 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Abefeokin(f): 8:54pm On Feb 04, 2016
@Justwise, kindly,patiently,nicely reply my mail plssn ejo sir oo grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 10:02pm On Feb 04, 2016
@BCCH from the trend ofthe transcript, you guys were nearly bounced. She now even asked for marriage certificate.
Right now, the success of ur interview is largely dependent on documentary evidence so I believe u should please include EVERY docx that can support your case so u won't be there again to explain youself. Best be sure that they will verify those documents.
Don't forget to revise the budgetsheet. To reflect any additional costs.
God's grace
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by jasmine21(f): 10:05pm On Feb 04, 2016
Hello Everyone,

I have some questions. My cousin is in the process of registering with the hospital and she needs a physical address to provide to the hospital for further communication. Now here is my question:

Is it okay for her to give the address of a non citizen (not a green card holder) to the hospital? Will the American embassy in Nigeria frown at it & thereby deny her?
Can the cousin (who is NOT illegal and has his proper papers) be sanctioned for inviting her despite not being a citizen?

We just need to know if it's anything to worry about. Thanks and God bless as you reply.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:08pm On Feb 04, 2016
Abefeokin:
@Justwise, kindly,patiently,nicely reply my mail plssn ejo sir oo grin

Just done that.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by anonymousmum: 10:21pm On Feb 04, 2016
firsttymum:
alot of people are stamped with no time frame written in d passport. When u check on line u wld see what ur time frame.e is.
Yea I understand, that was going to be my next point that you need to go online to check. Saying there was no time frame implies that you are allowed to be in the US indefinitely, which we know to not be the case
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by veleta: 10:36pm On Feb 04, 2016
Pls,I have a question for those that have used money gram to make transfer.A friend of mine that birthed in US opened an account with Bank of America,I want to send money to that account through money gram,will her account be credited or does she have to physically go to the bank to collect the money.she would be coming back this weekend.
I intend to collect the dollar here from her hubby if her account would be credited through money gram. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Amother4life: 10:47pm On Feb 04, 2016
jasmine21:
Hello Everyone,

I have some questions. My cousin is in the process of registering with the hospital and she needs a physical address to provide to the hospital for further communication. Now here is my question:

Is it okay for her to give the address of a non citizen (not a green card holder) to the hospital? Will the American embassy in Nigeria frown at it & thereby deny her?
Can the cousin who is NOT illegal and has his proper papers)be sanctioned for inviting her despite not being a citizen?

We just need to know if it's anything to worry about. Thanks and God bless as you reply.

So, this person if I understand you properly isn't a citizen or PR. Is he a student? They may want to know his legal status in the Country. Revealing this persons legal status in the United States would paint a clearer picture.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by jasmine21(f): 10:55pm On Feb 04, 2016
Amother4life:

So, this person if I understand you properly isn't a citizen or PR. Is he a student? They may want to know his legal status in the Country. Revealing this persons legal status in the United States would paint a clearer picture.

He is currently on a student work permit (after graduation). Working towards a standard work permit (H1-B visa). What do you think?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by kemmytino(f): 11:22pm On Feb 04, 2016
veleta:
Pls,I have a question for those that have used money gram to make transfer.A friend of mine that birthed in US opened an account with Bank of America,I want to send money to that account through money gram,will her account be credited or does she have to physically go to the bank to collect the money.she would be coming back this weekend.
I intend to collect the dollar here from her hubby if her account would be credited through money gram. Thanks

Moneygram is receivable at d agents location and cannot be transfered to an account. So she can rcv d money in places like walmart etc or u do a foreign funds transfer directly to d acct.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Peebles23(f): 11:26pm On Feb 04, 2016
veleta:

U Cnt send it to her account directly I guess u'll jus do d moneygramm nd then she will go to any outlet like a big walmart, fiesta or Kroger to collect d cash thatz wat has been working for me here thou, i dnt think bank of America receive moneygramm. Gurus pls contribute.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Vlesparza: 11:28pm On Feb 04, 2016
BCCH:
Good day All. It been very worthwhile following this thread. My wife and I have really learnt a
lot.We were at the embassy this week, though was not denied, but not given yet. Here is our
conversation with VO.

VO: Good morning Guys
ME: Good morning
Wife: Good morning
VO: What are you going to do in USA
Me: Initially vac & then Child birth later in the year but we have to cancel vac cos wife
just go a job
VO: So when do u want to travel now?
Me: April xx
VO: How can your wife travel when she just got a job
ME: She is entitled to Maternity leave and that is statutory
VO: OK
VO: What do you do for your company?
ME: bla bla
VO: How much do you earn?
Me: bla bla
VO: How much is the cost to you?
Me: 14k and handed budget sheet to him
VO: Do you have correspondence from doctor?
Me: yes, handed over email exchange with Dr's PA
VO: You don't have a letter?
Me: Dr's PA promised to send it today -(that was through actually)
VO: No no dis doesn't work, anyone could send an email
Me: really she promised to send it today
VO: No no that doesn't work, then was typing
Me: I'm sorry, i don't have it now then kept quiet -(I didn't want to argue)
VO: typing...

Its interesting that they no longer want to receive emails as evidence, and will surely complicate some people's applications. The VO is asking for the documents that Doctoresparati offers with enrollment and personalized letter.

It seems as the more the Naira devalues against the dollar, more people are encouraged have babies in the US for future security for their families.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Cmeo(m): 1:25am On Feb 05, 2016
Firstly, Wiffy got to US through New York for the intent of giving birth in Texas using Arikair to New York and American local airline to Texas. She was asked to pre-registered at the electronic kiosk before proceeding to the CBP officer desk for fingerprint and image capturing.

CBP: What the purpose of your trip?
Wife: TO give birth
CBP: How are you going to pay for it?
Wiffy: I have $500 cash with me and I have some $6500 on a debit card here with me
CBP: Where are you going to stay here
Wiffy: Gave the address in Texas
CBP: Whats the relationship of the person to you?
Wiffy: Aunt
CBP: Whats the sex of the baby? .... smiles
WIffy: Told him
CBP: Proceed to get your bag and declare what you have there at the other end
Wiffy: Thank you

No secondary inspection. She was through within 5 minutes.

At the declaring place:
She said two officers were talking to each other what she said to the CBP officer (that she was here to give birth). The other just said my wife did and it seems america is interested in adding to its population (something like colleagues at work chatting). They asked the content of her bag and she said "Melon" they exclaimed the Melon (possibly because they thought its dangerous) and asked to proceed to a machine to scan the melon. They ask if she has gala, indomine, maggi and she answered in negative and so one of her bag was scanned in the machine and they allow her to go.

Secondly, let me share with you how we bought her ticket at total price of 218578.46 Naira.
We booked Lagos-NewYork-Lagos with airkair at 189392.00 and One-way ticket from NewYork to Houston at $108.10 (gtbank charged 29186.46 naira for that). Our preference for airkair are because: it is tiwa-n-tiwa, better price, direct to New York, they contribute to US economy and more to Nigeria economy and we also don't want to despise our own thing (though we know there are big room for improvement with Arikair).
Wiffy left Lagos at 28 weeks. Arik requested for fit-to-fly certificate and we went to Port-Health Clinic for one at the rate of 1200naira and she was examined to be 26 weeks (that was what they wrote on the certificate without anyone telling them what to do or her pregnancy age. They only asked about her last menstra date)

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by biollar1: 5:48am On Feb 05, 2016
You welcome dear

bigfido:
Thanks everyone. Success to everyone trying o. Nogen, popri, ladyguinivere, Biola and Co. Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by biollar1: 5:54am On Feb 05, 2016
Yes

Maggie0133:
Please is oakbend hospital in Texas?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by scamalerts1: 6:02am On Feb 05, 2016
@all just a quick one.
Me and DH initially applied for the same visa category ie B1/B2 VISA and was denied.
My question is ,
1. if we applied for the right visa category or not as i am about reaplying again?
2. Intially we used doctors clinic address as our US point of contact in our ds-160 or Should we change to it hospital address since we have both hospital and doctor's correspondence

@all kindly assist
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Abefeokin(f): 6:43am On Feb 05, 2016
@fisttymum biko nne, I sent u a PM kindly reply more blessings.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 6:45am On Feb 05, 2016
Cmeo:
Firstly, Wiffy got to US through New York for the intent of giving birth in Texas using Arikair to New York and American local airline to Texas. She was asked to pre-registered at the electronic kiosk before proceeding to the CBP officer desk for fingerprint and image capturing.

CBP: What the purpose of your trip?
Wife: TO give birth
CBP: How are you going to pay for it?
Wiffy: I have $500 cash with me and I have some $6500 on a debit card here with me
CBP: Where are you going to stay here
Wiffy: Gave the address in Texas
CBP: Whats the relationship of the person to you?
Wiffy: Aunt
CBP: Whats the sex of the baby? .... smiles
WIffy: Told him
CBP: Proceed to get your bag and declare what you have there at the other end
Wiffy: Thank you

No secondary inspection. She was through within 5 minutes.

At the declaring place:
She said two officers were talking to each other what she said to the CBP officer (that she was here to give birth). The other just said my wife did and it seems america is interested in adding to its population (something like colleagues at work chatting). They asked the content of her bag and she said "Melon" they exclaimed the Melon (possibly because they thought its dangerous) and asked to proceed to a machine to scan the melon. They ask if she has gala, indomine, maggi and she answered in negative and so one of her bag was scanned in the machine and they allow her to go.

Secondly, let me share with you how we bought her ticket at total price of 218578.46 Naira.
We booked Lagos-NewYork-Lagos with airkair at 189392.00 and One-way ticket from NewYork to Houston at $108.10 (gtbank charged 29186.46 naira for that). Our preference for airkair are because: it is tiwa-n-tiwa, better price, direct to New York, they contribute to US economy and more to Nigeria economy and we also don't want to despise our own thing (though we know there are big room for improvement with Arikair).
Wiffy left Lagos at 28 weeks. Arik requested for fit-to-fly certificate and we went to Port-Health Clinic for one at the rate of 1200naira and she was examined to be 26 weeks (that was what they wrote on the certificate without anyone telling them what to do or her pregnancy age. They only asked about her last menstra date)

Congratulations on your wife's smooth entry, I wish her smooth delivery and all the processes.
Please which local airline did you book to Texas? And how did you book it? Cos av not seen any less than $30 0 in my search.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by veleta: 7:21am On Feb 05, 2016
Thanks @Kemitino and Pepples23 for your insight.I sincerely appreciate.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 8:58am On Feb 05, 2016
Biko nu unu ewena iwe
Ejor Ma binu
Mbok eku yaresit
Abegi no vex
Chairmans and chairwomans
Is it that the past 200 years I have been on Nl, I have not touched a banker's life? That nobody has said LadyG , my bank is changing dollars codedly. I dey Lag. Come mae I hepp u change for you and your sister when u de travel with?!
Hm! Diaris God o! cry
Is beg I'm begging o!God bless u as PM me to cometo your branch grin

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Onlineise(m): 9:37am On Feb 05, 2016
Y'all tomorrow is DW's return interview. I just pray this Lagos Marathon ish does not become an issue for us. Please everyone join us in faith that she finds favour. Thanks grin grin

LadyGuinivere:
Biko nu unu ewena iwe
Ejor Ma binu
Mbok eku yaresit
Abegi no vex
Is it that the past 200 years I have been on Nl, I have not touched a banker's life? That nobody has said LadyG , my bank is changing dollars codedly. I dey Lag. Come mae I hepp u change for you and your sister when u de travel with?!
Hm! Diaris God o! cry

@LadyGuinivere on a coded level CBN will give Banks Dollar today so If they allocate PTA/BTAs i will let y'all know...Please I work in a top bank Treasury ooo before someone will come and say "Shut UP" quoting a non exiting policy that CBN does not sell PTA #2016Respect

15 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 9:46am On Feb 05, 2016
Onlineise:
Y'all tomorrow is DW's return interview. I just pray this Lagos Marathon ish does not become an issue for us. Please everyone join us in faith that she finds favour. Thanks grin grin

@LadyGuinivere on a coded level CBN will give Banks Dollar today so If they allocate PTA/BTAs i will let y'all know...Please I work in a top bank Treasury ooo before someone will come and say "Shut UP" quoting a non exiting policy that CBN does not sell PTA #2016Respect
I love love love u! And may una find favour tmoro oooo IJN amen!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Bisoye82: 9:48am On Feb 05, 2016
LadyGuinivere you cracked me up grin grin cheesy but trust me i cried yesterday because of this dollar palaver(hormones)
Keystone Bank is selling to account holders(3-6mths) with a turnover of 1m.I didn't qualify cry
Try the banks with low customer base.I intend to travel to Fidelity in Aba today where it's confirmed they have but I must open account (3hrs drive from where I am)
Try Unity Bank H/O on Monday there is a possibility but you must be an account holder.
I love Gtb but they have nothing to offer and they are thieves even when someone made a deposit in my presence for transfer they still refuse to sell.
And to CBN officials, Bank CEOs and Mastercard/Visa merchants that sits to share the loot made from the black market rate charged on hard working pple transactions,sicknesses,diseases and infirmities shall continually be their lot until they stop. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Miracletwinee: 9:55am On Feb 05, 2016
[quote author=LadyGuinivere post=42636089][color=#000099]
Sorry i yam not a banker neither hav you tosh my life but am moved by your appeal. I heard that those malams at the airport change $1 denomination for btw 240 and 250 so as a last option if you can't PTA you can change that on your way out just make sure you go to the airport with your Ghana must go to carry the cash and deposit it in your acct when you get to the US then use your card or withdraw in larger denomination latter. Pls make una no ask me kwention ooo I yav not tried it ooo somebody just told me that was what she did last week.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ifeoluwakintan: 10:23am On Feb 05, 2016
Dear Daddies/ Mummies,

For those still looking at getting PTA, you can visit Union Bank Stallion Building Marina,Lagos they are selling. Not sure of the quantity but i know they have for sale.

Thank me later wink cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Abefeokin(f): 10:43am On Feb 05, 2016
Onlineise:

Onlineeise, God will bless u, goodluck with the interview
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by mrsbw: 11:03am On Feb 05, 2016
LadyGuinivere:
Biko nu unu ewena iwe
Ejor Ma binu
Mbok eku yaresit
Abegi no vex
Hm! Diaris God o! cry

Do you have a Union Bank account? I know someone that got from there yesterday..
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Stylishmum: 11:16am On Feb 05, 2016
Congrats to all successful visa applications, all successful POEs entry, to all mothers and fathers for our LO's , also to all preggers..... e ma so layo o.....loruko Jesu. And to all waiting on the Lord, May God satisfy your innermost heart desires speedily! Amen!

I went, saw and conquered. Operation mission accomplished.....

I had a scheduled CS with Dr E and my bills remained the same, except of course for NICS and Brown n associates.

NICS discounted to $419.98(I still don't get the change in prices)
Brown and associates discounted to $81.02

I eventually sorted my toddler's ticket with Airfrance by paying $1,500.50 at the airport after being told by an uninformed customer rep to add him to my mum's ticket from the Houston to Paris leg, then pay the difference of fare for Paris to Lagos leg (lesson learnt...... please read the airline requirements before purchasing not minding the information given to you by their customer service. Thank you to everyone for your help and to those who contacted me privately.... I appreciate you too. Thank you.

To accommodation, please shine your eyes well especially for the seemingly not-so-expensive accommodation that eventually allows you spend more on transportation.....I stayed at a shared apartment with my bathroom n toilet, only shared kitchen and living room, the distance to the clinic was 28-32 mins depending on traffic(in houston, that was far!) I ended up spending the savings I got on accommodation on transportation and even more!

Please take accommodation really close to the clinic like about 10-15mins. I met and kept contacts of some wonderful mothers turned sisters at the clinic who stayed in places like 10-15mins, and really made sense with pickup services(if required)

I don't know if it's fine to put up contacts here, before Justwise raptures my post.

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by happytbaby: 11:21am On Feb 05, 2016
We are picking race and going there now. My friend wants to buy though not for birth tourism. Madam Ifeolu thanks. If we don't get we shall come and beat you in your husband's house

ifeoluwakintan:
Dear Daddies/ Mummies,

For those still looking at getting PTA, you can visit Union Bank Stallion Building Marina,Lagos they are selling. Not sure of the quantity but i know they have for sale.

Thank me later wink cheesy grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:23am On Feb 05, 2016
Stylishmum:
Congrats to all successful visa applications, all successful POEs entry, to all mothers and fathers for our LO's , also to all preggers..... e ma so layo o.....loruko Jesu. And to all waiting on the Lord, May God satisfy your innermost heart desires speedily! Amen!

I went, saw and conquered. Operation mission accomplished.....

I had a scheduled CS with Dr E and my bills remained the same, except of course for NICS and Brown n associates.

NICS discounted to $419.98(I still don't get the change in prices)
Brown and associates discounted to $81.02

I eventually sorted my toddler's ticket with Airfrance by paying $1,500.50 at the airport after being told by an uninformed customer rep to add him to my mum's ticket from the Houston to Paris leg, then pay the difference of fare for Paris to Lagos leg (lesson learnt...... please read the airline requirements before purchasing not minding the information given to you by their customer service. Thank you to everyone for your help and to those who contacted me privately.... I appreciate you too. Thank you.

To accommodation, please shine your eyes well especially for the seemingly not-so-expensive accommodation that eventually allows you spend more on transportation.....I stayed at a shared apartment with my bathroom n toilet, only shared kitchen and living room, the distance to the clinic was 28-32 mins depending on traffic(in houston, that was far!) I ended up spending the savings I got on accommodation on transportation and even more!

Please take accommodation really close to the clinic like about 10-15mins. I met and kept contacts of some wonderful mothers turned sisters at the clinic who stayed in places like 10-15mins, and really made sense with pickup services(if required)

I don't know if it's fine to put up contacts here, before Justwise raptures my post.

They can pm you for that contact detail

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 11:50am On Feb 05, 2016
mrsbw:

Do you have a Union Bank account? I know someone that got from there yesterday..
I don't o! Do u know if they sell to non acct holders?
Thankyou and God bless Ifeoluwa aand miracltwinee
@happttbaby I sorry for u o! cheesy when her husband ppl beat u ehhhhhh
@Bisoyr hugs dear! But I no get account with those banks o. Chai
Just called union.they said they are selling only to staff and staff family
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 12:05pm On Feb 05, 2016
Stylishmum congtstulatind ona succedsful journey a d thanks for your prayers.
pls hear my cry, follow me back so that I can communicate with you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nadina: 12:27pm On Feb 05, 2016
Stylishmum congratulations...Please I sent you a pm. Please kindly reply. I am interested in the accommodation . Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.