Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,771 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (268) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (853441 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 2:49pm On Feb 04, 2016
lala4sure:
Hello Guys,
Please what bank presently has the cheapest rates for USD or GBP. Please help a sister as i use GTB and their rates abroad ain't smiling at all. I am travelling in 2 weeks and i don't mind opening a new account to help me with the rates. plssss hellllppppp

Stanbic
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by anonymousmum: 2:52pm On Feb 04, 2016
Toludo:
When I was eager to come and share Dw Poe transcript, apparently there is nothing to share.

Dw entered through Houston Poe, she said the CBP did not ask her any question so after probing further she told me she was putting on a Jacket and the CBP probably did not even notice she was preggy. Also she was not sent in for Secondary Inspection, so her bags were not checked. So it was a walk in the park through the fearsome houston poe.

She was stamped in with no time frame (I guess she is eligible for the usual 6 months).

This is superstory! (LOL)

Congratulations

What was her response when asked "Why are you visiting the US"? Are you saying they did not notice she was pregnant?

Plus tell her to check her passport well. I have never heard one is stamped with no time frame. I stand corrected.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by mamacajah: 2:53pm On Feb 04, 2016
@nomanicole and favoredgal, thanks for the response. I think I am good to go.
cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Abefeokin(f): 3:04pm On Feb 04, 2016
Maggie0133:
Please is oakbend hospital in Texas?

Yes but next time don't just ask pls read well to avoid sarcasm. That's one of the most mentioned hosp here.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by yehtie: 3:09pm On Feb 04, 2016
anonymousmum:

It happened to me the last time I travelled, I was stamped witout no time frame but still means 6months weda stamped or not... which means she mustn't exceed d 6month stay... I tink it happens more in houston
Congratulations

What was her response when asked "Why are you visiting the US"? Are you saying they did not notice she was pregnant?

Plus tell her to check her passport well. I have never heard one is stamped with no time frame. I stand corrected.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by emeldamicheals: 3:15pm On Feb 04, 2016
Thanks 4 d info. When did u get it?

ijebujazz:
Hi guy, I've been following the thread for a while. My DW just entered the US stress free to give birth. We got our visas last year for vacation..though we ended up not going because of me (work). Anyways to avoid unnecessary poe issues at Houston, we decided to use another poe (Florida). I will post the transcript after I gist with her.

For those in abuja looking for pta, I got for my DW at the first bank in central area. Though they have limited supply.

wink
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by odunpie: 3:32pm On Feb 04, 2016
sylolo:
@Firsttymum,
Thanks for your swift response, She registered yesterday. The front desk lady called Alice in the Patients Account unit to make the enquiry about the transfer. Alice said that they don't do Form A....please send me an email to sylolo12@yahoo.com

Please did she just do a wakk in or mailed the doctor.i sent a mail to Dr fagbohun on monday and havnt receive any response so am thinking of doing a walk in. Will that be ok? Pls i need help. Previous moms
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by BiBia(f): 3:38pm On Feb 04, 2016
Able15:
To God be the glory. Had my little princess at st Francis hospital LA by Dr Mbagwu Few days ago. All went as planned, no complications, mother and child doing great.favor all the way. My birth experience was just like a Hebrew woman! Indeed I saw the lord's goodness and mercies. What more can I ask for..... Wish all preggie moms a peaceful delivery. Happy holidays everyone!

Congratulation dear, please quick question on accommodation. Did you stay with family or had rent. If it's the latter how did you go about it and was it affordable please . Thanks

Also, abeg for all other Los angeles bound June/July moms to be not staying with family can we plan together - accommodation,.........
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Iphie26: 3:49pm On Feb 04, 2016
ify4charm:

I ven't sent my lab results yet but I am surprised with your info cos the mail specifically said I could even the appointment letter said the same but the clause was if Northside would accept it. U can ask ur obgyn to refer u to a pediatrician they usually have ones they refer patients to.i ve dr john m Thomas is $80 for first visit and $60 for second and dr Jeffrey Abrams is $150 for first and $120 for second. Google them and find their contacts and also do some homework and share. Thanks.

Thanks Ify. One Shannon actually told me Northside won't accept that. But I ll really push until they do. She sent me a list of all the test I need to do. Will also check out doctor Thomas. I'm yet to get an appointment though so I'm wondering what the letter looks like. Thanks so much again.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by sylolo(m): 4:11pm On Feb 04, 2016
@firsttymum,
No invoice was given to my wife during registration. A file was just opened for her stating her Visit Number and Medical Record Number. Alice in the Patient account dept. was called on her extension and she said they don't accept direct transfer. Please send me a mail on sylolo12@yahoo.com. I PMed you yesterday, ....still awaiting your response.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ajokeadegold: 4:29pm On Feb 04, 2016
ebonymomma:

Hello all, first time poster.... grin
been a silent reader till now cause i didnt have anything to post really.
Im due in May and have plans to travel in April, going to Houston and using Oakbend. Hubby son and I got our visas last year for vacation as I didnt know i was preggy at the time..................letter of intent sent and response recieved, Docs correspondence too from Oakbend received. Tickets purchased too.........Now on d lookout for PTA....but I wanna ask a quick question.Please is anyone else getting the heebeejeebies over all this Zika virus palaver? I heard one oyinbo guy in Texas has collected the thing from Venezuela ....they shd not ban preggies from coming o!
Sorry for the long post!

Ajokeadegold: We have the same travel plans plus planned hospital. Can you please email me at ajokegold@gmail.com to communicate further. thanks

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ajokeadegold: 4:36pm On Feb 04, 2016
Adebuble:

Yea... But can some else call both of them n send us what they say.

Hello Adebubble, Congrats on the arrival of your blessing. I will like to ask you more questions on doctor and accommodation to help my travel plans to Houston in April. Could you please send me an email at ajokegold@gmail.com. Thanks a lot
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ajujuju: 4:54pm On Feb 04, 2016
anonymousmum:

Congratulations

Its possible to get stamped in with no time frame. My hubbys last single visit had d stamp but no date.

Our joint holiday as a family, only his passport was stamped. Myn was just scanned.
Cant say why though.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by mrsbw: 5:00pm On Feb 04, 2016
Maggie0133:

Abefeokin:

Yes but next time don't just ask pls read well to avoid sarcasm. That's one of the most mentioned hosp here.

exactly; and some information you can just get on google sef... sad
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Toludo(m): 5:09pm On Feb 04, 2016
anonymousmum:

Congratulations

I was initially puzzled as to how she wasn't questioned at all, The funniest part was that she was not even asked why are you visiting the US? It could be that the CBP already knew she got the Visa on medical grounds, that could also be a probability. She already lost a lost of weight due to the Hyperemesis Gravidarum, so the Jacket could have made the preggy obscure.

I guess some protocols and standing order (No secondary Inspection, No time frame and questions asked) were dismantled for her sake, It could be as a result of the fervent prayer of the righteous availing much, I can't tell but God knows best.

More testimonies loading! smiley

More testimonies loading!

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by damidamsel: 5:23pm On Feb 04, 2016
Hi...pls is there anyone who has recently used or planning to use Saint Barnabas Medical Center in New Jersey....i have most of all d info i need as i visited the hospital and met with the doctor too. I however just got thrown back a bit by the enormous estimate i got for anesthetics when i called few mins ago. Was told actual bill comes after delivery but could end up at about $2500-$2800 after self pay discount. I'm like what!!! shocked Even d doc's fee aint up to twenty eight hundred!!! Pls anyone wt info on them kindly reach out.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ebonymomma: 5:24pm On Feb 04, 2016
hI @ajujuju i dont know how to send PM o flying BA
ajujuju:

Hey mama. My thoughts exactly. Altho im not sure it affects pregnant moms travelling. Ps: pls send me a pm lets tlk. We share same travel plans. Would b nice to have a companion. Bsides wht airline r u flyin?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ebonymomma: 5:26pm On Feb 04, 2016
@Ajokeadegold sent u a mail
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 5:41pm On Feb 04, 2016
sylolo:
@firsttymum,
No invoice was given to my wife during registration. A file was just opened for her stating her Visit Number and Medical Record Number. Alice in the Patient account dept. was called on her extension and she said they don't accept direct transfer. Please send me a mail on sylolo12@yahoo.com. I PMed you yesterday, ....still awaiting your response.
U have to follow me for me to b able to send u a pm. Been responding but it's bouncing.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 5:45pm On Feb 04, 2016
anonymousmum:

Congratulations

alot of people are stamped with no time frame written in d passport. When u check on line u wld see what ur time frame.e is.
Maggie0133:
shocked
Father teach me not to respond the way I really wanna respond all d time. #sipstea

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by hopefulme: 5:52pm On Feb 04, 2016
[quote author=firsttymum post=42619823] alot of people are stamped with no time frame written in d passport. When u check on line u wld see what ur time frame.e is.

https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/consent.html;jsessionid=Jbb2WzBFH9qB6QJhS1k1tLvbS6L2cdcLy2M717Q86XV04LvdG1L7!-350798883

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ify4charm: 6:01pm On Feb 04, 2016
Iphie26:

Thanks Ify. One Shannon actually told me Northside won't accept that. But I ll really push until they do. She sent me a list of all the test I need to do. Will also check out doctor Thomas. I'm yet to get an appointment though so I'm wondering what the letter looks like. Thanks so much again.

Can u forward d list to me or paste it here. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ify4charm: 6:06pm On Feb 04, 2016
Iphie26:

If she claims Northside won't accept ur test results then why is she sending you a list of tests to do or is the one they are to conduct over here
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by TheLeakyTribe(f): 6:06pm On Feb 04, 2016
damidamsel:
Hi...pls is there anyone who has recently used or planning to use Saint Barnabas Medical Center in New Jersey....i have most of all d info i need as i visited the hospital and met with the doctor too. I however just got thrown back a bit by the enormous estimate i got for anesthetics when i called few mins ago. Was told actual bill comes after delivery but could end up at about $2500-$2800 after self pay discount. I'm like what!!! shocked Even d doc's fee aint up to twenty eight hundred!!! Pls anyone wt info on them kindly reach out.

I think you should try to get information from the different anesthiologists that work with the hospital. Except you're saying the hospital only works with one. They usually give an early payment option (ie if you pay before labour you get a lower rate, but if you don't pay and wait for the bill, na stories that touch situation.lol)
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ify4charm: 6:06pm On Feb 04, 2016
Iphie26:

If she claims Northside won't accept ur test results then why is she sending you a list of tests to do or is the one they are to conduct over there
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Toludo(m): 6:09pm On Feb 04, 2016
[quote author=hopefulme post=42620004][/quote]

@hopefulme :Thanks so much for sharing, just checked the link now and she was stamped in for 6 months.

Once again, Thank You!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 6:54pm On Feb 04, 2016
Firsttymum pls ma how do I reply your mail? The one I sent wasn't delivered.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by BCCH: 7:20pm On Feb 04, 2016
Good day All. It been very worthwhile following this thread. My wife and I have really learnt a
lot.We were at the embassy this week, though was not denied, but not given yet. Here is our
conversation with VO.

VO: Good morning Guys
ME: Good morning
Wife: Good morning
VO: What are you going to do in USA
Me: Initially vac & then Child birth later in the year but we have to cancel vac cos wife
just go a job
VO: So when do u want to travel now?
Me: April xx
VO: How can your wife travel when she just got a job
ME: She is entitled to Maternity leave and that is statutory
VO: OK
VO: What do you do for your company?
ME: bla bla
VO: How much do you earn?
Me: bla bla
VO: How much is the cost to you?
Me: 14k and handed budget sheet to him
VO: Do you have correspondence from doctor?
Me: yes, handed over email exchange with Dr's PA
VO: You don't have a letter?
Me: Dr's PA promised to send it today -(that was through actually)
VO: No no dis doesn't work, anyone could send an email
Me: really she promised to send it today
VO: No no that doesn't work, then was typing
Me: I'm sorry, i don't have it now then kept quiet -(I didn't want to argue)
VO: typing...
VO: Do you have your marriage cert?
Me: Yes, handed it over
VO: What country have u been together?
Me: Dubai and I have been to several other countries
VO: typing, then turned over to pick a white paper, wrote some stuff on it,
put together with our passport and DS 160 and said - before we finish this
i need to see GENUINE letter from Dr showing cost breakdown also cost
estimate from hospital and how u plan to pay. Then revise your budget sheet
and send through GSS- Muri Okunola with your passports.

What do you thing about this peeps? Do we just stick to only three documents requested or we
need to add some other backups like bank statement?

Thanks to you all.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by kellykings84: 7:42pm On Feb 04, 2016
I was stamped in @ Logan, Boston with no exit date guess it's common dese days cos I have a friend experience same tin in JFK. It still means u have 6months cos Dats d limit for a tourist visa.

anonymousmum:

Congratulations

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 7:59pm On Feb 04, 2016
Firsttymum I think you need to follow me before I can respond with my message
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Iphie26: 8:06pm On Feb 04, 2016
ify4charm:

If she claims Northside won't accept ur test results then why is she sending you a list of tests to do or is the one they are to conduct over there

Maybe the one I need to do when I get there. But will still do them here and carry it along with me. Below is the list.

Per your request, below is the prenatal lab work that is required for all obstetrical patients...
ABO/RH,
CBC W/DIFF
FREE T4
HGB ELECTROPHERESIS
HEPATITIS B SURFACE ANTIGEN
HIV REFLEX
HERPES I and HERPES II
RPR REFLEX
RUBELLA
TSH
VARICELLE, IgG,
GONORRHEA
CHLAMYDIA
TRICHOMONAS
HERPES CULTURE
GROUP B STREP

Dr. Valisia Andrews fee includes all prenatal office visits (Northside Hospital does not accept lab work outside of the United States) and c/s delivery. The Panaroma testing is not required and the non stress testing would only be if medically indicated. Also, the office will collect payment during your first office visit (we do not accept wire transfers).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 8:19pm On Feb 04, 2016
Please ma firsttymum can you mail me on azeezatsule@yahoo.ca

(1) (2) (3) ... (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.