Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,962 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:02 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (101) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1526478 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ifyalways(f): 10:25am On May 19, 2016
f4flakes:
Hello guys, pls help. Im trying to pay and choose the same appointment as mine for my kid, but its not showing up any available date, neither is tt allowing me to pay for her visa.

Im confused! Pls help
You can cancel your appointment with Teleperfotmance through their website ie TLS without necessarily applying for a refund then pay your kids visa fees and reschedule an appointment for everyone.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 11:17am On May 19, 2016
ifyalways:

You can cancel your appointment with Teleperfotmance through their website ie TLS without necessarily applying for a refund then pay your kids visa fees and reschedule an appointment for everyone.
Have you applied via the new uk visa application portal lately? It's impossible to cancel or reschedule appointments with the new application system, once you have submitted online. Everything is now linked together. Your advice for her would have worked if she had applied via the old application system, where she could have the opportunity to cancel and reschedule appointments, even after her application has been submitted . Kindly visit the uk visa website for details.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ifyalways(f): 12:59pm On May 19, 2016
imperialebony:
Have you applied via the new uk visa application portal lately? It's impossible to cancel or reschedule appointments with the new application system, once you have submitted online. Everything is now linked together. Your advice for her would have worked if she had applied via the old application system, where she could have the opportunity to cancel and reschedule appointments, even after her application has been submitted . Kindly visit the uk visa website for details.
My bad. Thanks for the heads up.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by khar: 1:23pm On May 19, 2016
khar:
Guys, please can anyone help with the current cost of renewal for both 5 & 10years visiting visa, in NGN(Naira)?
Thank u.

This is quite urgent. Guys please help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by akeenade: 2:19pm On May 19, 2016
They tell you 5 working days. but it usually takes about 15 working days to get your passport back. At least that's my experience (2 different instances)

cydophobia:
Hello guys.
Please how many days/weeks does it take UK embassy to process visit visa in Lagos.

Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by akeenade: 2:26pm On May 19, 2016
Please clarify? You mean with a Uk multiple visa I don't require a turkish visa? How is that practicable? I got a multiple entry visa (class C) today and wouldn't mind to make the most of it.

imperialebony:
you're most welcome! Enjoy your stay in Istanbul. Amazingly, with the uk multiple entry visa on your passport, you don't need to queue for a Turkish visa in abuja. They'll simply give you a visa on arrival at the airport, hope you know this. Please prepare for the appropriate visa fees upon arrival in atatuk airport. Cheers!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ajirapsy(m): 2:51pm On May 19, 2016
Is it fine to include expired bio data page (due to expire in June and we are in applying in July) of UK sponsor passport with ILR in the supporting documents for spouse visa application?

Does this bio data page copy have to be certified by a solicitor?

Would a photocopy of her expired passport bio data page not jeopardise my spouse visa application?

Thank you for taking time out to help.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by aodis: 3:53pm On May 19, 2016
Hello guys pls I applied last week without using priority and I was sent 2 mails , that a decision has been reached.

First mail is

From: Your Visa Application at the British Deputy High Commission in Lagos

Dear full name

A decision has been made on your UK visa application. Your application will be despatched within 48 hrs. If anyone contacts you advising that your application is still under consideration or that they can influence the outcome of your application in any way, please disregard as they cannot. You should not expect to receive any further notification from this office.

Yours sincerely,

Lagos Visa Section.

2nd mail same day,
From TLSCONTACT :Application Assessed by UK Visas & Immigration

Reference: *******

Dear full name,

UK Visas & Immigration has now assessed your UK visa application and made a decision. Your documents and

the decision will be sent back to either the UK Visa Application Centre where you applied, where we will

contact you by email over the next few days to collect them, or if you are using the courier return service, will

be sent directly back to the address you provided.

Please note that TLScontact does not know the outcome of the assessment and has played no role in the

decision-making process.

Kind regards,

TLScontact
UK VIsas & Immigration.

3rd mail today,
From TLSCONTACT : Application Ready for Collection / Courier Return

Reference: **********

Dear full name ,

Your passport and any returned supporting documentation have now arrived back at the TLScontact UK

Visa Application Centre.

Collection in Person

To retrieve your documents, you will need to provide the following:

If collecting yourself:

Your Application Checklist
Original Photographic ID
Copy of Your Photographic ID
If collecting using a representative (NOT APPLICABLE FOR APPLICATIONS LODGED IN NIGERIA, REFER TO OUR WEBSITE):

Your Application Checklist
Your Original Photographic ID
Copy of Your Photographic ID
Representative’s Original Photographic ID
Copy of Representative’s Photographic ID
Signed Letter of Authorisation from You (clearly stating the Representative’s details)
You can check collection times and the centre address on the Visa Centre Information page of the country

website where you applied.

Important: You are advised to make prompt arrangements to collect your documents from the Visa Application

Centre as TLScontact is only able to hold them for 30 days. After this time they will be returned to UK

Visas and Immigration, who will pass them on to the issuing authority.

Initially I filled I wanted to travel on the 29th of may. Did I get it? You experienced pple of God in the house?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by johnsmith866: 3:58pm On May 19, 2016
Hello guys, I was denied a visitor’s visa to the UK this week. I stated that I was being sponsored by my company for a 10-day holiday. The bank statement provided by the company had a negative balance of about 50 million naira but I was told it wasn’t going to be a problem and that it appeared that way because of a bank guarantee or something of sorts. I had about 500,000 naira in my personal account. I have included an abridged version of the refusal letter. Please I need advice and possible suggestions on the next best steps to take. Thanks

Your application for a visit visa to the United Kingdom has been refused
How your application was considered?
In deciding whether you meet the requirements of Appendix V: Immigration Rules for visitors (https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/immigration-rules), I have considered:
• Your application, and any additional relevant information you have provided with it
• Your immigration history
The decision
I have refused your application for a visit visa because I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of paragraph(s) 4.2, of Appendix V: Immigration Rules for Visitors because:
You state you will visit the UK for 10 days for tourism. You state you will travel alone and you have no friends or family in the UK.
You state your employer will pay for your visit, however the bank statement provided in the name of *** has a closing balance of -50 million NGN overdrawn and is considerably overdrawn for the entire five month’s bank statement provided.
Given this, I am not satisfied that your circumstances are as claimed. I am therefore not satisfied that you are a genuine visitor and will leave the UK at the end of your visit. Your application for a visit visa has been refused under paragraph V4.2(a) and (c).
As outlined above I am not satisfied that you have sufficient funds available to cover your costs whilst in the UK without working or accessing public funds. Your application has therefore been refused under paragraph V4.2(e).
Future Applications
Any future UK visa applications you make will be considered on their individual merits, however you are likely to be refused unless:
• Your personal circumstances change significantly between now and your next application
• You provide compelling new evidence with your next application
In relation to this decision, there is no right of appeal or right to administrative review.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by akeenade: 4:30pm On May 19, 2016
Well it was a problem. And from the refusal letter, the only problem. Whoever told you a negative bank balance wasn't going to affect you was clearly wrong. There are two possible solutions from where I see it. You can reapply as sponsoring yourself if you have the right documentation and sufficient funds or reapply with the company sponsoring you again and provide a positive bank statement. I stand to be corrected though, but from your letter the only problem is the negative company bank balance.

johnsmith866:
Hello guys, I was denied a visitor’s visa to the UK this week. I stated that I was being sponsored by my company for a 10-day holiday. The bank statement provided by the company had a negative balance of about 50 million naira but I was told it wasn’t going to be a problem and that it appeared that way because of a bank guarantee or something of sorts. I had about 500,000 naira in my personal account. I have included an abridged version of the refusal letter. Please I need advice and possible suggestions on the next best steps to take. Thanks

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 5:01pm On May 19, 2016
akeenade:
Please clarify? You mean with a Uk multiple visa I don't require a turkish visa? How is that practicable? I got a multiple entry visa (class C) today and wouldn't mind to make the most of it.

@ akeenade, yes bro. If you hold schenghen Multiple visa, USA Multiple entry Visa, UK Multiple Visa, you're automatically eligible for what is called Visa On Arrival in Turkey. However you would need to meet certain conditions which isn't hard . You don't need to queue in abuja for a Turkish visa. Upon your arrival in Istanbul, they will issue you a visa on arrival. The Class 'C' entry visa on your passport is a plus... please visit their web page http://abuja.emb.mfa.gov.tr for details
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Peony200: 5:14pm On May 19, 2016
Hi house I've been following your trend I submitted my application including me and my son and hubby for a 6 months tourist visit on Monday 16th may 2016, the surprising part of it is that we've already got an email that say decision has been made on our visa application on Thursday 19th may 2016. Please I hope this is not too fast and I hope it does not mean refusal. Please the Gurus in the house and anybody who has encounter something similar should tell me their outcome.

Documents submitted.
Husband CAC documents
State tax clearance
Federal tax clearance
Marriage certificate
Son birth certificate
Statement of Account of up to 4.4 million naira with a turn over of over 30m
Land certificate
New house approved plan
Recent purchased land certificate with approved survey
Letter from child school
Letter from hubby company
Letter from my store, because I'm self employed
Hotel reservation
Flight reservation
Photograph of family
Letter from hubby's bank
Few receipt and invoice for hubby transactions
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by johnsmith866: 5:21pm On May 19, 2016
akeenade:
Well it was a problem. And from the refusal letter, the only problem. Whoever told you a negative bank balance wasn't going to affect you was clearly wrong. There are two possible solutions from where I see it. You can reapply as sponsoring yourself if you have the right documentation and sufficient funds or reapply with the company sponsoring you again and provide a positive bank statement. I stand to be corrected though, but from your letter the only problem is the negative company bank balance.
Thanks for your response. I plan to reapply in about 3 to 4 months after i may have built up my personal account further. Will it be a red flag if i say i have family or a friend in the UK with the new application after I had filled in no for both of them in my previous application. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 5:23pm On May 19, 2016
akeenade:
They tell you 5 working days. but it usually takes about 15 working days to get your passport back. At least that's my experience (2 different instances) Yes, five days minimum. It could even take 1 month, depending on the applicant's case and the events/happenings during the time the application is being assessed by the ECO, such as public holidays, strike actions, etc. However, my visa processing had never exceeded 5 working days, from experience. I've been travelling since 2004.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 5:24pm On May 19, 2016
akeenade:
They tell you 5 working days. but it usually takes about 15 working days to get your passport back. At least that's my experience (2 different instances)

Yes, five days minimum. It could even take 1 month, depending on the applicant's case and the events/happenings during the time the application is being assessed by the ECO, such as public holidays, strike actions, etc. However, my visa processing had never exceeded 5 working days, from experience. I've been travelling since 2004.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tunderule2016: 6:15pm On May 19, 2016
@akeenade is 100% right.... The negative bank balance is a NO NO.... Anyone who told you that needs flogging... because the company that is sponsoring you has a negative 50 million , how can they sponsor you then.

Next time , you sponsor yourself... just get the necessary documents from company and make sure you let them know u have been refused once and you can class it under Lack of sufficient document.

When an ECO sees one strong reason to refuse they mostly tend not to look at the other documents , so you do not necessary know if there are other reasons you could be refused; so when applying again make sure all your documents are on point and this time, sponsor yourself.

Good luck bruv

johnsmith866:

Your application for a visit visa to the United Kingdom has been refused
How your application was considered?
In deciding whether you meet the requirements of Appendix V: Immigration Rules for visitors (https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/immigration-rules), I have considered:
• Your application, and any additional relevant information you have provided with it
• Your immigration history
The decision
I have refused your application for a visit visa because I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of paragraph(s) 4.2, of Appendix V: Immigration Rules for Visitors because:
You state you will visit the UK for 10 days for tourism. You state you will travel alone and you have no friends or family in the UK.
You state your employer will pay for your visit, however the bank statement provided in the name of *** has a closing balance of -50 million NGN overdrawn and is considerably overdrawn for the entire five month’s bank statement provided.
Given this, I am not satisfied that your circumstances are as claimed. I am therefore not satisfied that you are a genuine visitor and will leave the UK at the end of your visit. Your application for a visit visa has been refused under paragraph V4.2(a) and (c).
As outlined above I am not satisfied that you have sufficient funds available to cover your costs whilst in the UK without working or accessing public funds. Your application has therefore been refused under paragraph V4.2(e).
Future Applications
Any future UK visa applications you make will be considered on their individual merits, however you are likely to be refused unless:
• Your personal circumstances change significantly between now and your next application
• You provide compelling new evidence with your next application
In relation to this decision, there is no right of appeal or right to administrative review.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tunderule2016: 6:17pm On May 19, 2016
Not too fast .... dont be scared, i have seen one day decision made before...
The fast response does not mean visa refusal. stay positive and good news will be yours and family ...

good luck.

Peony200:
Hi house I've been following your trend I submitted my application including me and my son and hubby for a 6 months tourist visit on Monday 16th may 2016, the surprising part of it is that we've already got an email that say decision has been made on our visa application on Thursday 19th may 2016. Please I hope this is not too fast and I hope it does not mean refusal. Please the Gurus in the house and anybody who has encounter something similar should tell me their outcome.

Documents submitted.
Husband CAC documents
State tax clearance
Federal tax clearance
Marriage certificate
Son birth certificate
Land certificate
New house approved plan
Letter from child school
Hotel reservation
Flight reservation
Photograph of family
Letter from hubby's bank

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tunderule2016: 6:21pm On May 19, 2016
You are very lucky ..... But on the average it is 15 working days or more for nigerians.
You are traveling history and more also, your submission have been on point. Every applicants have his or her history so basically the situation differs.. but officially they want it done within 15 working days.

Note: Nigeria is on the watch now because of high volume of fake documents so that also makes the application stay longer than expected..

imperialebony:
Yes, five days minimum. It could even take 1 month, depending on the applicant's case and the events/happenings during the time the application is being assessed by the ECO, such as public holidays, strike actions, etc. However, my visa processing had never exceeded 5 working days, from experience. I've been travelling since 2004.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tunderule2016: 6:23pm On May 19, 2016
Go and collect your visa... stop worrying...
Be positive .. and good luck!!!

aodis:

Pls house pls could I get a response to this plsssssss!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by aodis: 6:37pm On May 19, 2016
Na so, for ur experience those mail they sent, will I break even?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tunderule2016: 6:52pm On May 19, 2016
If you want to know from experience then my answer is (Your passport will be the only one to give the result not me or anyone)

So stay positive and go receive your visa....

as for the emails , they are generic when your passport is ready for collection or when decision is made .
TLS will send you one and the Home office will also send one .. it is just same same...

From TLSCONTACT :Application Assessed by UK Visas & Immigration
From: Your Visa Application at the British Deputy High Commission in Lagos

aodis:
Na so, for ur experience those mail they sent, will I break even?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by johnsmith866: 6:58pm On May 19, 2016
tunderule2016:
@akeenade is 100% right.... The negative bank balance is a NO NO.... Anyone who told you that needs flogging... because the company that is sponsoring you has a negative 50 million , how can they sponsor you then.
Next time , you sponsor yourself... just get the necessary documents from company and make sure you let them know u have been refused once and you can class it under Lack of sufficient document.
When an ECO sees one strong reason to refuse they mostly tend not to look at the other documents , so you do not necessary know if there are other reasons you could be refused; so when applying again make sure all your documents are on point and this time, sponsor yourself.
Good luck bruv
Thanks for your response. I plan to reapply in about 3 to 4 months after i may have built up my personal account further. Will it be a red flag if i say i have family or a friend in the UK with the new application after I had filled in no for both of them in my previous application. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tunderule2016: 7:08pm On May 19, 2016
Keep your story same.... same, it is always wise to keep records of all application. this time show strong ties to naija, companies letters, properties, shares, assets anything that will strong show ties to naija. Good luck bruv and use those months to plan proper...
it is wise to start preparing 2 months before visa application so you will know you are 100% done your part then leave the rest to baba God...

johnsmith866:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by johnsmith866: 7:13pm On May 19, 2016
@tunderule2016 Thanks bruv, you've been very helpful. God bless

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by NaGodwin: 7:30pm On May 19, 2016
You can download it online, the cost is $40, it's easier and faster. Simply google Turkey E-visa.

imperialebony:
@ akeenade, yes bro. If you hold schenghen Multiple visa, USA Multiple entry Visa, UK Multiple Visa, you're automatically eligible for what is called Visa On Arrival in Turkey. However you would need to meet certain conditions which isn't hard . You don't need to queue in abuja for a Turkish visa. Upon your arrival in Istanbul, they will issue you a visa on arrival. The Class 'C' entry visa on your passport is a plus... please visit their web page http://abuja.emb.mfa.gov.tr for details
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Peony200: 7:43pm On May 19, 2016

Documents submitted.
Husband CAC documents
State tax clearance
Federal tax clearance
Marriage certificate
Son birth certificate
Land certificate
New house approved plan
Letter from child school
Hotel reservation
Flight reservation
Photograph of family
Letter from hubby's bank

Please house if anybody has got a fast response as mine I need response on what to expect because I'm to nervous
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tunderule2016: 8:07pm On May 19, 2016
I did respond to this earlier...

Honestly this does not mean refusal... i have seen an application that got a decision made in one day. You just have to be positive... your case might be straight forward and the ECO sees there is no point in wasting time on your application.... if i were you i will be more positive than negative. One thing u should know.. this ECO has got TARGET too that are given to them by there bosses..

When passport is ready go pick your visa up and post your time line on the timeline thread section ..... Stay blessed and know the documents are on point except for one thing that is missing ( FIle name- SMILE).. lol

Peony200:

Documents submitted.
Husband CAC documents
State tax clearance
Federal tax clearance
Marriage certificate
Son birth certificate
Land certificate
New house approved plan
Letter from child school
Hotel reservation
Flight reservation
Photograph of family
Letter from hubby's bank

Please house if anybody has got a fast response as mine I need response on what to expect because I'm to nervous
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by klas(m): 8:51pm On May 19, 2016
Pls house. Under this NEW UK visa portal, how can one apply for visiting visa-tourism as a family.

I have at least an under-7 years old child that is part of the family and understandably does not have email account yet. It appears one cannot use one visa account (with my email address) for two applications, how will I then link the applications of the 5 of us as a family?

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by emeldamicheals: 10:26pm On May 19, 2016
Hello everyone,
Abeg, make una no vex
If i want to travel with my baby that has a US passport to the UK. How do i go about it?
Does she need Visa or not?
Which is better to travel with? US passport or naija passport.
Thanks...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 10:32pm On May 19, 2016
Peony200:

Documents submitted.
Husband CAC documents
State tax clearance
Federal tax clearance
Marriage certificate
Son birth certificate
Land certificate
New house approved plan
Letter from child school
Hotel reservation
Flight reservation
Photograph of family
Letter from hubby's bank

Stop bothering yourself about trifles. A decision has been made so, no amount of nervousness can reverse it. In April, UKVA posted it on their website the percentage of visa applications treated in April and number of days taken. Some applicants actually had their document assessed within 3 days...and that doesn't mean all the applicants that fell under that period would be denied. like I mentioned in one of my earlier posts, my passport had never spent more than 5 days with the ECO before it will be returned to me with a visa. If you've got a robust travel history, you won't stress the ECO much before he/she would approve your visa. Favour of God works wonders too. In 2004, I got my very first visa on a virgin passport from. On the day of my interview at the American Consulate in Lagos, I didn't spend up to 4 minutes in the from ;guy who interviewed me before he approved my visa and asked me to come the following week for my visa along with the tally he gave me. If you submitted fraudulent documents too, it could also facilitate the quick return of your documents. Let me give you an instance...srecently, I submitted my application for a Uk visa, as I was to meet with our manufacturers in the UK for an important discussion. I never knew these guys could take note of every little change in supporting documents. My application was being delayed beyond 5 working days (which was quite unprecedented and time was running out)so I sent them an email, asking them the reason for the delay and in case they needed more info from my side, they first called and said I submitted a tax clearance certificate with a logo different from the federal government's coat of arm logo...that the delay was based on this as they'll get back to me once they're done with their investigation. I said ok, thank you! I received an email shortly after that to explain why I submitted a TCC with a different fed govt logo. I told them that FIRS had changed their logo of late. I also referred them to FIRS website and asked them to call them for verification. They later sent me their usual 'harsh' generic email that Dear Mr XYZ, a decision has been made bla,bla,bla...when I got to TLS, I met a visa on my passport. If your documents are genuine, you don't have to worry, be positive.

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.