Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,714 members, 7,831,252 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:09 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (102) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1536134 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fizzile(m): 12:15am On May 20, 2016
Guys,how u all doing? Please which bank is more reliable and flexible for a student coming over? And with respect to ATM accessibility. GTB, Stanbic, Standard Chartered.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by akeenade: 10:12am On May 20, 2016
@imperialebony Thanks really appreciate the feedback bro.

imperialebony:
@ akeenade, yes bro. If you hold schenghen Multiple visa, USA Multiple entry Visa, UK Multiple Visa, you're automatically eligible for what is called Visa On Arrival in Turkey. However you would need to meet certain conditions which isn't hard . You don't need to queue in abuja for a Turkish visa. Upon your arrival in Istanbul, they will issue you a visa on arrival. The Class 'C' entry visa on your passport is a plus... please visit their web page http://abuja.emb.mfa.gov.tr for details
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by akeenade: 10:17am On May 20, 2016
You are welcome. Consistency is very key with anything partaining immigration. I will suggest you stick with the same story.

johnsmith866:
Thanks for your response. I plan to reapply in about 3 to 4 months after i may have built up my personal account further. Will it be a red flag if i say i have family or a friend in the UK with the new application after I had filled in no for both of them in my previous application. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by pisca: 12:15pm On May 20, 2016
Hello house, @ justwise, regarding the issue of money lodgement, my mum recently trasferred 2m into my account, which was later transferred back into her own account. Aside that, my Soa shows my monthly salary and expenditure. Should i be worried because of d amount my mum transferred into my account
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:29pm On May 20, 2016
pisca:
Hello house, @ justwise, regarding the issue of money lodgement, my mum recently trasferred 2m into my account, which was later transferred back into her own account . Aside that, my Soa shows my monthly salary and expenditure. Should i be worried because of d amount my mum transferred into my account

No need to worry about that because the money is not currently in your account and was transferred back.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by pisca: 12:48pm On May 20, 2016
justwise:
[/b]

No need to worry about that because the money is not currently in your account and was transferred back.

thank you for ur swift response
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fizzile(m): 1:20pm On May 20, 2016
Guys,for visa requirement and University requirement, please after showing a statement of account from my father's account which is meant for maintenance , can I transfer part of the money into my own account for my upkeep like a week to departure? Will it pose any problem?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tunderule2016: 2:31pm On May 20, 2016
For the people who cant stand the waiting for the standard route....and want to change to premium...
Well here is good news for you , go to this thread and read more

https://www.nairaland.com/3117295/application-transfer-standard-route-postal
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mike234: 4:20pm On May 20, 2016
mike234:

Thanks Tunde. I really appreciate your comment i think i will cancel the appointment according to your advice. But will i be refunded for the appointment fee or i will have to use it later in future when applying?

Bruv there are two options... You can decide not to cancel it .... and go ahead.. but make sure you meet a lawyer that can do Letter of agreement indicating such deposit of funds... You do know there are limit to how much can be said in public forum. You can proceed with the application but you will needed to be guided properly and i will say get that letter . A good lawyer will know what i am talking about.
(Quote) (Report) (Like) (Share)

This is to thank you all for you wonderful advice.

Tunderule2016, frontpagelawyer, you guys have been so helpful.
I just got my passport with 6months multiple entry visa to the UK.

I submitted my statement of account but ended the printing just before the day i made the huge deposit so i didn't have any course to explain the deposit.
I also submitted my fixed deposit certificate of over 4m.

Timeline.

Biometric capture on 3/05/2016
Received at UKVI on 9/05/2016
Visa issued on 17/5/16
Received documents via courier 19/5/16.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tunderule2016: 4:27pm On May 20, 2016
you are so welcome....and you just made my weekend with this news.... Hopefully others will paste more good news.... I am so glad for you bruv.... Go and start a good travel history ... stay blessed...

please paste your time line on the link below as we are trying to construct a good timeline to help others too...

https://www.nairaland.com/3041260/post-uk-visa-timeline-here

mike234:

This is to thank you all for you wonderful advice.

Tunderule2016, frontpagelawyer, you guys have been so helpful.
I just got my passport with 6months multiple entry visa to the UK.

I submitted my statement of account but ended the printing just before the day i made the huge deposit so i didn't have any course to explain the deposit.
I also submitted my fixed deposit certificate of over 4m.

Timeline.

Biometric capture on 3/05/2016
Received at UKVI on 9/05/2016
Visa issued on 17/5/16
Received documents via courier 19/5/16.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by wallg123: 4:45pm On May 20, 2016
Good afternoon house... What a great job u guys are doing here... well done guys ...

Pls I have a question. ...

few months back (February ) I posted my refusal letter for settlement visa.... if u can recall @justwise and frontpage lawyer....
Reasons for refusal includes that I overstayed my student visa, enrolled and completed my masters degree without the right visa, and other stuffs with relates to u the genuineness of my previous relationship which has been dis
solved. I got into another relationship doing my masters studies. I voluntary returned to Nigeria after my studies last August to do my wedding and also enrol for NYSC....

I have an upcoming appeal slated for a date after 4th august

after the refusal in February my wife gave birth March this year...

Now my question!!!.
I was advised by a friend to put in another application while waiting for t
he appeal from my last refusal.... since I now have a baby and a wife in uk who are both British nationals..

should I wait for the appeal or send in another application with more compelling evidence...My wife goes back to work September this year as she is a teacher....

Pls Ogas and Madams advice me .. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tunderule2016: 4:53pm On May 20, 2016
Do you qualify for any of the financial category requirements? i.e 18600 or saving etc...?

wallg123:
Good afternoon house... What a great job u guys are doing here... well done guys ...

few months back (February ) I posted my refusal letter for settlement visa.... if u can recall @justwise and frontpage lawyer....
Reasons for refusal includes that I overstayed my student visa, enrolled and completed my masters degree without the right visa, and other stuffs with relates to u the genuineness of my previous relationship which has been dis
solved. I got into another relationship doing my masters studies. I voluntary returned to Nigeria after my studies last August to do my wedding and also enrol for NYSC....

Now my question!!!.
he appeal from my last refusal.... since I now have a baby and a wife in uk who are both British nationals..

should I wait for the appeal or send in another application with more compelling evidence...My wife goes back to work September this year as she is a teacher....

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 5:25pm On May 20, 2016
wallg123:

Now my question!!!.

Considering your serious previous immigration offences I wouldn't advise you to apply again while your appeal is still pending. Since your wife will be going back to work in September and the hearing is August your wife could use that to argue your case during hearing since you will not be attending.

$300 + is a lot of money to gamble with but if money is not your problem then give it a go.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by wallg123: 5:28pm On May 20, 2016
Yes sir my wife earns over this 38,000 GBP annually. . ...as for me I'm using this time to do my NYSC...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by wallg123: 5:36pm On May 20, 2016
@justwise ... lol..
for Nigeria money na everybody problem...
but she's worried about bringing up the child by herself and as such I'm forced to assist in every way.... also she has only been to Nigeria once so moving to Nija with the baby and leaving her job and mortgage. behind na yawa ....
I'm really in a fix ...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tunderule2016: 5:39pm On May 20, 2016
Ok spot on then... You should apply again!!!!! as your friend said ; but you will need to submit a strong application because of your over stayed status... will be their reason of refusal that you intended to frustrate the immigration..

Your lawyer will need to write a strong letter explaining history and your wife introduction letter would have to be strong too explaining how you guys apart is not right. Coming to do NYSC is not the point here bruv so if i have to be honest, they careless about it the point they will work on is over staying.

I believe when you are about to apply ppl here will be able to give more of their opinions....Good luck bruv..

wallg123:

Yes sir my wife earns over this 38,000 GBP annually. . ...as for me I'm using this time to do my NYSC...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 5:46pm On May 20, 2016
wallg123:
@justwise ... lol..
for Nigeria money na everybody problem...
but she's worried about bringing up the child by herself and as such I'm forced to assist in every way.... also she has only been to Nigeria once so moving to Nija with the baby and leaving her job and mortgage. behind na yawa ....
I'm really in a fix ...

That will surely strengthened her case for the hearing but I don't see them letting you off easily considering how far you went to circumvent the immigration system with your previous applications.

Just pray long and hard that she supports you through out this tough period and your marriage survives it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by wallg123: 5:57pm On May 20, 2016
Thanks very much @justwise and @thunderules2016.....

I surely appreciate ur advise and will be here for more tips when am ready to reapply or when she's going for the appeal hearing ...
God bless u all ..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by aodis: 6:40pm On May 20, 2016
i want to ask, if someone get refuesd can one reapply through an immgration lawyer here, and can your relatives appeal there
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by valeroso: 6:41pm On May 20, 2016
Hello Justwise and Frontpagelawyer. I have been following the thread for a while. I'll be applying for a General visitor's visa next week. I am a student and naturally, my parents are my sponsor. I will be visiting a cousin who will provide me with the evidence of accommodation. Since my trip is going to be sponsored by my parents, is there any other document I'll be needing from my cousin?
Thanks in advance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:43pm On May 20, 2016
aodis:
i want to ask, if someone get refuesd can one reapply through an immgration lawyer here, and can your relatives appeal there

What has changed since your last refusal? Was it visiting visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:45pm On May 20, 2016
valeroso:
Hello Justwise and Frontpagelawyer. I have been following the thread for a while. I'll be applying for a General visitor's visa next week. I am a student and naturally, my parents are my sponsor. I will be visiting a cousin who will provide me with the evidence of accommodation. Since my trip is going to be sponsored by my parents, is there any other document I'll be needing from my cousin?
Thanks in advance.

Data page of his passport and evidence of the accommodation
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fizzile(m): 6:55pm On May 20, 2016
(1) Guys,for visa requirement and University requirement, please after showing a statement of account from my father's account which is meant for maintenance , can I transfer part of the money into my own account for my upkeep like a week to departure? Will it pose any problem?

(2) What reason can one give when u have not yet gotten accomodation over there?

Please help me with this questions. Please.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by aodis: 6:57pm On May 20, 2016
justwise:

What has changed since your last refusal? Was it visiting visa?

nothing applied and was refused an the reasons are just flimsy, wat i told them they told me something diff completely,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by valeroso: 7:05pm On May 20, 2016
justwise:

Data page of his passport and evidence of the accommodation

Thanks Justwise. The evidence of accommodation would be copies of his utility bills I suppose?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fizzile(m): 7:09pm On May 20, 2016
fizzile:
(1) Guys,for visa requirement and University requirement, please after showing a statement of account from my father's account which is meant for maintenance , can I transfer part of the money into my own account for my upkeep like a week to departure? Will it pose any problem?

(2) What reason can one give when u have not yet gotten accomodation over there?

Please help me with this questions. Please.
Guys please help me out. Please
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:33pm On May 20, 2016
aodis:

nothing applied and was refused an the reasons are just flimsy, wat i told them they told me something diff completely,

You are not saying much about the issue. Did you apply for visiting visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tunderule2016: 7:33pm On May 20, 2016
As long as you have met the financial requirement... yes you can transfer some of the money to your account since it is a week to departure .

it is important you make plans for accommodation because they might ask you to fill a landing form which must include the address of where you going . So bruv make plans asap before u fly..

fizzile:
Guys please help me out. Please
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:34pm On May 20, 2016
valeroso:

Thanks Justwise. The evidence of accommodation would be copies of his utility bills I suppose?

Not really...tenancy agreement or mortgage papers

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.