Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,745 members, 7,820,570 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:19 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (107) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1531497 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ZOE07: 9:12am On May 26, 2016
Hello people, good morning. I was trying to apply for a short term study visa (6 months or less). I started out the application, confirmed, booked appointment and brought me to make a payment for IHS. After inquiry from others, I was told I am not meant to pay for IHS as I have selected the wrong visa type while applying. Every time I log in back to my account, it takes me back to the IHS payment page and there is no button to cancel my application. Please what do i do?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tunderule2016: 9:18am On May 26, 2016
You are right .... but most times those countries exaggerates and lie.... There was a time an independent firm evaluated how UK embassy treats Nigerians and africa applications.. Chief inspector to the UKBA, John Vine, said many visas were incorrectly rejected after employees "disregarded or misinterpreted" evidence. Some applicants were being refused for failing to provide information that had not been originally requested, he said.
The agency(UKBA) said it took the findings "seriously" and would improve training

Even as much as we know some nigerians applicant too go into some funny acts, this countries representatives also makes silly mistakes that cost as much as the acts some nigerians go into but at the end of it ... who pays the price ..na WE...

http://nigerianwatch.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=223:nigerian-visa-applicants-unfairly-advised-on-documentation-requirements&catid=87&Itemid=2

The funny thing is the UK at times mislead people... even this UKBA mislead there own MPs and parliament ... read the story below

http://immigrationmatters.co.uk/uk-border-agency-misled-parliament-over-asylum-case-backlog.html

I just hope for a change that will make the outside world see us more for whom we are (cos average Nigerians are GOOD PEOPLE... )

ifyalways:
Seems most countries now including South Africa are not too keen on giving Nigerians visa.

Too bad for people trying so hard to get out or simply go on vacation.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by phardey: 10:13am On May 26, 2016
I understand they are really looking for flimsy excuses not to give us visas.
But I know they are wrong and I intend to fight this to the last. Accusing her and banning is so wrong. She has excellent travel history. Never ever stayed beyond a month while visiting the UK.

If I didnt move back here. I'm almost certain she wont even try to apply for a UK visa.
They have no reason.

Infact, my lawyer said we could them because the Business Name is registered to her.
Just no reason for them to refuse her this time.

I'm stating to think everything is about money for them. This is wrong. She was wrongly accused

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 10:22am On May 26, 2016
justwise:

Dude you are just make allegations on something we know very little about, the ECO might have carried out their own investigation about the business before stating that the business is not hers. We don't know the whole story neither do we know what she submitted but you keep going on about how they refuse people visa falsely.

The U.K. Referendum of EU was not because they were asked to take some refugees ask you falsely stated before. The referendum issue was an election promise far before the refugees crisis.

The U.K. Economy is not in crisis again as you wrongly pointed out.

Nobody is attacking you but avoid misleading people even when the fact is everywhere.
Hmmm! You said you only know little about the guy's mum's case but the same guy had explained again,again and again in this forum. You don't need to see him face to face to understand his standpoint. He has explained it all and I understood him perfectly. I'm sure you didn't read the link I sent to you on the uk,s referendum very clearly. Please read the immigration issue and get back to me here. It appears you're misleading yourself, friend. If I may ask, since when did the immigration issue start? The referendum will hold in June and we'll see the outcome of same. If you think UK economy is as strong as usual and the refugee/immigration policy is fine...Why do you think the UK give mostly 6 months multiple visas now as against their practice a few years back? Why do you think most teenagers applying from other countries don't get beyond 6 months visa lately? I'm not attacking you in any way but I'm sorry you simply make-believe that you know much when you do not. Please read widely. It helps. Have a nice day!

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by askari01: 10:47am On May 26, 2016
CiscoChic:

Major my parents but I own a portion.

So I'm assuming nothing can be done to get the visa due to what I currently earn even if I have a letter of sponsorship from my parents and a letter of invitation from the family I'm going to visit.

Can stocks/bonds work?

Work hard to earn more money and how old are you?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by askari01: 11:03am On May 26, 2016
phardey:
But I know they are wrong and I intend to fight this to the last. Accusing her and banning is so wrong. She has excellent travel history. Never ever stayed beyond a month while visiting the UK.

If I didnt move back here. I'm almost certain she wont even try to apply for a UK visa.
They have no reason.

Infact, my lawyer said we could them because the Business Name is registered to her.

I'm stating to think everything is about money for them. This is wrong. She was wrongly accused

Phardey... you have done the needful, Let your mum reapply as you have said she's going for her appointment today. Be informed that the BDHC would do all verifications... They might even send delegates to the CAC headquaters for clarification, so If your documents are genuine, Congratulation and if Not, it's gonna be very bad. I wish ur mum good luck!!!.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by dave07(m): 11:51am On May 26, 2016
imperialebony:
Try Air Maroc or Ethiopian. They are very fair in fares and passenger treats.
Thank you sir, will look into it, am not just a fan of seating long in airports in the name of connecting flight.
I also saw Medview now runs a direct flight to LGW airport. Anybody's got any experience on this route?
@justwise, you are sure doing a good job on this forum though I hate to admit you let the pressure get to you at times, but you still remain one of the more rational mods on NL, just try and understand imperialebony &phardy view points. Even in the most perfect human system, imperferctions can still be spotted and this include the UK system. Furthermore both of you (justwise and imperialebony) are providing good counsels on this page, pls let there be no bad blood biko.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tunderule2016: 12:04pm On May 26, 2016
My opinion is keep calm and dont rush in making any decisions.....
You should definitely put in a strong case.... Yes it is about money for them....since in a week thousands of applications are put in by nigerians.

ECO are bound to make mistakes.... but dont make wrong decisions... When applying again make sure your mom writes a personal letter explaining what happened to her ... she should not get too carried away with emotions but she should make them realize there mistakes ; i believe the lawyer should know what to write up.

Good luck and will keep u in my prayers..

phardey:

They have no reason.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tunderule2016: 12:25pm On May 26, 2016
One thing we should all remember is .... this forum is to help others .. We all have experience different pathways with Visa application and Immigrations... so we are bound to express situations with our knowledge and experience but condemning or judging others is highly wrong...

Legally, an immigration officer is whom have the right to guide and advice an applicant... but i notice people condemn, judge and conclude on here which is highly wrong because none here has the right to do so...

OPINION IS WHAT WE ARE GIVING HERE BUT IF ANYONE KNOWS BEST THEN GIVE ADVISE

Opinion a view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Advising offer suggestions about the best course of action to someone

Enjoy your weekend and watch UCL... wink
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:34pm On May 26, 2016
dave07:
Thank you sir, will look into it, am not just a fan of seating long in airports in the name of connecting flight.
I also saw Medview now runs a direct flight to LGW airport. Anybody's got any experience on this route?
@justwise, you are sure doing a good job on this forum though I hate to admit you let the pressure get to you at times, but you still remain one of the more rational mods on NL, just try and understand imperialebony &phardy view points. Even in the most perfect human system, imperferctions can still be spotted and this include the UK system. Furthermore both of you (justwise and imperialebony) are providing good counsels on this page, pls let there be no bad blood biko.

I don't think i agree or disagree with phardy's view point on the case, the outcome of the recent application will clear it out.

As for imperialebony ...i can't stand it when people for some reasons start misleading people with no fact to back that up.

Whatever your opinion of the UK or immigration policies is is not about my business really but opinions should not be taken to be fact.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 1:03pm On May 26, 2016
justwise:

I don't think i agree or disagree with phardy's view point on the case, the outcome of the recent application will clear it out.

As for imperialebony ...i can't stand it when people for some reasons start misleading people with no fact to back that up.

Whatever your opinion of the UK or immigration policies is not about my business really but opinions should not be taken to be fact.
. I won't argue with you anymore on this issue bro . it's not my style but I think certain issues need to be addressed, for avoidance of doubts. I don't know how far I should have gone, to back my my claims with the facts provided and if you still don't agree, it's up to you. I think you need to reason with others too, who I strongly believe must have read my posts and viewed the links. However, whatever you say is your opinion, which everybody is entitled to. I rest my case.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 1:57pm On May 26, 2016
ZOE07:
Hello people, good morning. I was trying to apply for a short term study visa (6 months or less). I started out the application, confirmed, booked appointment and brought me to make a payment for IHS. After inquiry from others, I was told I am not meant to pay for IHS as I have selected the wrong visa type while applying. Every time I log in back to my account, it takes me back to the IHS payment page and there is no button to cancel my application. Please what do i do?

Have you tried starting a new application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by dave07(m): 2:10pm On May 26, 2016
Oga justwise angry angry angry, imperialebony thanks for letting it go.
@zoe07 maybe you should start a new application and let it be on the new platform if you are applying from naija. The short term student visa has been merged with others to become the standard visitor visa and you will get that on the new visa application platform

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lekansola: 7:53pm On May 26, 2016
@Justwise and Others in the House, i want to say a BIG THANK YOU...... i collected my UK VISA TODAY

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:56pm On May 26, 2016
lekansola:
@Justwise and Others in the House,
i want to say a BIG THANK YOU......
i collected my UK VISA TODAY

Congratulations! Enjoy your trip
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tunderule2016: 8:01pm On May 26, 2016
congrat .... try and post your timeline on timeline thread.. good luck...

lekansola:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nairacountry(m): 9:31pm On May 26, 2016
lekansola:

Congrats kiss
No homo cheesy grin
I remember you vividly; the guy with 60k January cash Cash Lodgment and the rentage receipt. Enjoy your holiday and greet Cameron for us Ò.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by askari01: 4:38am On May 27, 2016
lekansola:

Congratz bro... ur application was straight forward.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by askari01: 7:45am On May 27, 2016
FRONTPAGELAWYER... where have you been?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lekansola: 8:02am On May 27, 2016
nairacountry:

Congrats kiss
No homo cheesy grin
I remember you vividly; the guy with 60k January cash Cash Lodgment and the rentage receipt. Enjoy your holiday and greet Cameron for us Ò.

@nairacountry,
Thanks For Remember,
i was refuse 3times last year and i now waited patiently dis year and parkage my document and i apply again.
i was given Multiple Visit visa 6month
i want to say A BIG THANK YOU

TIMELINE----
BIOMETRIC ---- 11/05/16
RECEIVE BY UKVI ---12/05/16
DECISION MADE ---23/05/16
READY FOR COLLECTION-- 24/05/16
VISA ISSUE DATE --- 20/05/16

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ZOE07: 8:28am On May 27, 2016
Yes, I did that. Thanks. My fear earlier was using the same account to apply but someone told me it wasn't a big deal that I could have as many applications for one account.
justwise:
[/b]

Have you tried starting a new application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ZOE07: 8:29am On May 27, 2016
New platform as in?

dave07:
Oga justwise angry angry angry, imperialebony thanks for letting it go.
@zoe07 maybe you should start a new application and let it be on the new platform if you are applying from naija. The short term student visa has been merged with others to become the standard visitor visa and you will get that on the new visa application platform
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tunderule2016: 8:48am On May 27, 2016
congratulations... and goodluck..

Try to keep a good traveling history... My best advise for u..

lekansola:

@nairacountry,
Thanks For Remember,
i was refuse 3times last year and i now waited patiently dis year and parkage my document and i apply again.
i was given Multiple Visit visa 6month
i want to say A BIG THANK YOU

TIMELINE----
BIOMETRIC ---- 11/05/16
RECEIVE BY UKVI ---12/05/16
DECISION MADE ---23/05/16
READY FOR COLLECTION-- 24/05/16
VISA ISSUE DATE --- 20/05/16
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:30am On May 27, 2016
ZOE07:
Yes, I did that. Thanks. My fear earlier was using the same account to apply but someone told me it wasn't a big deal that I could have as many applications for one account.

Yea it's only a problem when you logged on to the same account.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Solatium(m): 9:38am On May 27, 2016
Does anyone knows what the minimum account balance should be for a UK visa application for visiting visa? am single and have a registered business since 2011, have fairly rich travel history to uk in 2006,Dubai 2011 and South Africa 2016. @justwise and others please advise rightly
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:48am On May 27, 2016
Solatium:
Does anyone knows what the minimum account balance should be for a UK visa application for visiting visa? am single and have a registered business since 2011, have fairly rich travel history to uk in 2006,Dubai 2011 and South Africa 2016. @justwise and others please advise rightly

The U.K. Visiting visa application is not really about bank balance..more about strong source of income and tie to Nigeria.

Having millions in your account without traceable source will hardly get you a visa.

You should know this better since you have traveled to the UK before
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ZOE07: 10:12am On May 27, 2016
What problem? Still don't understand you please. I just created a new application with the same email and account I used for the first.

justwise:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ZOE07: 10:16am On May 27, 2016
This is the application history. What do you think?

justwise:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:21am On May 27, 2016
ZOE07:
What problem? Still don't understand you please. I just created a new application with the same email and account I used for the first.

I was not referring to your current application my post was referring to the old one you were having problem with.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ZOE07: 10:27am On May 27, 2016
Ok... Gracias!

justwise:

I was not referring to your current application my post was referring to the old one you were having problem with.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Solatium(m): 11:22am On May 27, 2016
justwise:

The U.K. Visiting visa application is not really about bank balance..more about strong source of income and tie to Nigeria.

Having millions in your account without traceable source will hardly get you a visa.

You should know this better since you have traveled to the UK before
yeah i understand perfectly well,but as at the last check i know there is a minimum account balance that must be presented to press home your case that you can afford the trip, i.e your flight tickets,your personal spending money and shopping expenses and still be able to have something substantial in your account to live on once you are back from your trip...just wanna have an idea of how much was the least anyone had in their account and yet secured a visa..

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.