Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,660 members, 7,820,325 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:07 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (109) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1531376 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Question1: 9:44am On May 28, 2016
Thanks for ur response MR.JUSTWISE
You mean I should put just that into another writing separate from the Letter of Support written by my uncle for his nephew ,or in the same letter of support?

The bank statement shows that the monies was coming from different individuals church members(not the church that employed him), of which no evidence like payslip showing that.

do you think the ECO would believe.

Please clearly define how I can prove his origin of fund?

Dont forget his employer has already stated what is monthly stipend is but its just low.
Thanks in millions
justwise:

Exactly what you said here now ...salary and gift from church members. You can't manufacture source of income
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by worry359(m): 10:29am On May 28, 2016
Question1:

Mr justwise is trying to explain that without evidence there is no proof where the money came from.

Gifts to Pastor is not a good enough explanation to the visa officer.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fizzile(m): 10:31am On May 28, 2016
Hey guys, please who has recently filled Form A? This form is quite confusing. Please kindly indicate. God bless
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:03pm On May 28, 2016
Question1:

You mean I should put just that into another writing separate from the Letter of Support written by my uncle for his nephew ,or in the same letter of support?

The bank statement shows that the monies was coming from different individuals church members(not the church that employed him), of which no evidence like payslip showing that.

do you think the ECO would believe.

Please clearly define how I can prove his origin of fund?

Dont forget his employer has already stated what is monthly stipend is but its just low.
Thanks in millions

Now you are confusing me...who is the applicant here? You or the passport?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nairacountry(m): 12:17pm On May 28, 2016
FrontPageLawyer:

Salute to you broda. Not a holiday, but[b][/b] a complex project work.[b][/b]

Oh oh! More complex project, much complex income wink
Send my own share o cheesy grin
Welcome back onboard. #whileyouwereaway, naira Don fall. Dolapo don climb am to 360degree. Ibera, united and some other airlines don run comot. Few Others wey remain Don hike them flight ticket by 100%+.
Wetin be the solution now o
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Freddyboat: 12:35pm On May 28, 2016
hi,my mom who is now a UK citizen is inviting me over and she is sponsoring for all the expenses so she will be providing her bank statement of the last 6months,house address and all the necessary documents ..but the thing is am unemployed so I wonder how I can prove that I will return... I live with my brother here so he is my only home tie...I don't have any asset so kindly me out on my chances of getting the visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:48pm On May 28, 2016
Freddyboat:
hi,my mom who is now a UK citizen is inviting me over and she is sponsoring for all the expenses so she will be providing her bank statement of the last 6months,house address and all the necessary documents ..but the thing is am unemployed so I wonder how I can prove that I will return. .. I live with my brother here so he is my only home tie...I don't have any asset so kindly me out on my chances of getting the visa

That will be a problem, though your mom is paying for everything but that is just one aspect of it, you still have to show a strong tie to Nigeria which you don't have at the moment unfortunately.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by worry359(m): 1:42pm On May 28, 2016
Freddyboat:
hi,my mom who is now a UK citizen is inviting me over and she is sponsoring for all the expenses so she will be providing her bank statement of the last 6months,house address and all the necessary documents ..but the thing is am unemployed so I wonder how I can prove that I will return... I live with my brother here so he is my only home tie...I don't have any asset so kindly me out on my chances of getting the visa

Not having any ties to Nigeria makes it look much mor like you will overstay to live with mom.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Freddyboat: 1:45pm On May 28, 2016
justwise:

That will be a problem, though your mom is paying for everything but that is just one aspect of it, you still have to show a strong tie to Nigeria which you don't have at the moment unfortunately.

@Justwise.. what can I do to change that...I need ur help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Freddyboat: 1:47pm On May 28, 2016
worry359:

Not having any ties to Nigeria makes it look much mor like you will overstay to live with mom.

what can I do to change that...I need ur help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 3:03pm On May 28, 2016
Freddyboat:

@Justwise.. what can I do to change that...I need ur help

As it stands there nothing you can do immediately to change the situation.

You can still give it a try...who knows anything can happen
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Question1: 5:36pm On May 28, 2016
justwise:

Now you are confusing me...who is the applicant here? You or the passport?

@Justwise

i am the applicant here, and will be sponsored by my uncle who is a clergyman in the church...

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Question1: 5:42pm On May 28, 2016
CORRECTED

You mean MY UNCLE should put that into another writing separate from the Letter of Support written by my uncle for ME (his nephew) ,or in the same letter of support?
I pray the ECO would believe
Please clearly define how I can prove his origin of fund or the format i can put my uncle can put it into writing
?
Thanks in millions
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by GRATEFULI: 5:58pm On May 28, 2016
Hi, I applied for a visit visa in November but was refused. however, my marriage certificate was not returned to me. what can i do?
I'm about to re apply to settle with my husband is who is a citizen I'm not quite sure what visa type to choose.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:05pm On May 28, 2016
Question1:

@Justwise

i am the applicant here, and will be sponsored by my uncle who is a clergyman in the church...

Thanks

Question1:
CORRECTED
You mean MY UNCLE should put that into another writing separate from the Letter of Support written by my uncle for ME (his nephew) ,or in the same letter of support?
I pray the ECO would believe
Please clearly define how I can prove his origin of fund or the format i can put my uncle can put it into writing
?
Thanks in millions

Was he the person that sponsored your first application that was refused?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:08pm On May 28, 2016
GRATEFULI:
Hi, I applied for a visit visa in November but was refused. however, my marriage certificate was not returned to me. what can i do?
I'm about to re apply to settle with my husband is who is a citizen I'm not quite sure what visa type to choose.

1. Will you be able to get another marriage certificate?

2. Why were you refused?

3. To settle permanently with him you need to apply for spouse visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by GRATEFULI: 6:28pm On May 28, 2016
Thanks for your reply.

Marriage certificate is not issued twice although i have a photocopy with me which has been certified as true copy by the court but they clearly state that we should present original copies of supporting documents. how do i respond to that for my next application?

I have sent them several mail about the missing document but their response has been the same- that it's being escalated to the appropriate department but nothing more than that.
Although some of of the document required were not submitted but that was not referred to in the refusal letter eg. the sponsor letter, the tuberculosis test result.

I was refused because i chose visit valid up to 10 years and as i was told initial visit is supposed to be for 6 months.
can i ask also if my husband could file for me from the UK since he is a citizen and works with the UK government too
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 7:06pm On May 28, 2016
pls i need an information on uk visit visa. I want to go and spend my annual leave there. I am working in a company and my take home was around 100k my closing balance for statement of account 1300 million. Did i qualify to applied. If i qualified what are the neccessary document needed to package.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:28pm On May 28, 2016
poppywasiu:
pls i need an information on uk visit visa. I want to go and spend my annual leave there. I am working in a company and my take home was around 100k my closing balance for statement of account 1300 million. Did i qualify to applied. If i qualified what are the neccessary document needed to package.

Do you mean 1.3M or 1300M?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:39pm On May 28, 2016
GRATEFULI:
Thanks for your reply.

Marriage certificate is not issued twice although i have a photocopy with me which has been certified as true copy by the court but they clearly state that we should present original copies of supporting documents. how do i respond to that for my next application?

I have sent them several mail about the missing document but their response has been the same- that it's being escalated to the appropriate department but nothing more than that.
Although some of of the document required were not submitted but that was not referred to in the refusal letter eg. the sponsor letter, the tuberculosis test result.

I was refused because i chose visit valid up to 10 years and as i was told initial visit is supposed to be for 6 months.
can i ask also if my husband could file for me from the UK since he is a citizen and works with the UK government too

Not really..he can submit both your documents from the UK(You need to send him your own documents to submit together with his) but the actual application has to be made in Nigeria and submitted in Nigeria.

This is the thread you need for spouse visa application https://www.nairaland.com/823869/uk-spouse-visa-appeal-process-part2/100

You will read alot of materials from other successful applicants and most importantly list of documents they submitted.

Since they have your original marriage certificate there is nothing you can do, make a note of it in the form and remind them that they have your original and that you can't get that reissued.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by askari01: 8:09pm On May 28, 2016
Freddyboat:

How old are you? Being unemployed is a redflag though
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 8:27pm On May 28, 2016
Yes 1.3million
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Question1: 11:07pm On May 28, 2016
justwise:

YES OHHHH, HE Was my sponsor..

But the FOOLISH MISTAKE i made was, on my first application I did not state him as My Uncle in the form
..I used the term "Guardian" (i was thinking dat because i've lived with hin through out my life) and he also mistakenly used "Ward" as me, therefore I was rejected because I did not clearly state the our relationship which does not show his guardianship over me.

Thank God My uncle has realized his innocent mistake and decided to make a fresh application, and wrote a letter "Letter of Support for my nephew's UK visa's application"

In the letter he wrote in details, Our relationship, and how he promised my late dad some years back that he'll always support me and my education up to dis level and beyond

Apparently hes my Uncle and im hes nephew...

He has succeded in proofing hes my uncle according to what he wrote ooh,

The main issue now is how hes going to proof his origin of fund(He has gotten the letter of employment stating his salary) As a clergyman, though he has plenty money in his bank statement account (inflow& outflow of cash) which came from church members depending on need. Please what do you think?

Also I have heeded to your advice to take a step backward and rethink critically before I reapply, to dat effect, I have decided to postpone or change to the second session as d King's summer school has two sessions 27June to 15 July and July 18 to August 8.

I have accepted my fate to attend the second session.
Please what do you think??

Apart from that, I have changed my course from Greek to International business and I attached a convicing letter more like an essay stating reasons for choosing Inter business and its benefit and its relationship with my current course(econs)

what do you think again?

Lastly, I am considering writing a letter stating why I choose Greek Language in my first application which was not related to my current course(Econs) .BUT I PERCEIVED IT TO BE UNNECESSARY BRO..
A letter like....(Abeg no laff at me oooh, just tell me if it makes sense to add such and if its able to reflect why I change from Greek to inter Business)

Dear sir/madam

"At first, I believe everyone has their own reasons for wanting to attend summer school or summer enrichment programme, but for me I simply choose Greek Language in my first application because I simply want something to occupy myself over the summer holiday as stated on the Kings College Bronchure. However, I am reminded by my Home university to cease the summer opportunity of the summer school and study International Business(attached a letter from my University staing dat), as taking a summer school and studying the course, international busines prior to the next semester of my home university is a great way of familiarising myself with the subject and giving a headstart, thereby lightening my workload when I go back to my school(my home university)

JUST ADVISE ME SIR!!

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Question1: 11:09pm On May 28, 2016
justwise:

Yes boss @ JustWise

Yes boss @ JustWise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bimbotek: 11:25pm On May 28, 2016
Hi all,
I intend to apply for a UK visa in July, I work in a financial organisation where I earn close to 200k monthly. I have been working for the past 6years, I am married. What and what documents are required for a UK visa and what is the chance of getting one considering the fact that I have never travelled outside the country before.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ifyalways(f): 6:11am On May 29, 2016
Someone actually wanted to go study Greek in UK? An undergraduate of Economics?

Imo, re-applying too soon with a change of course means one thing : you simply wants to get to UK at any cost, not good as it reeks of desperation.

Finish your studies and if you must go to UK, apply as a tourist or a short course related to your course of study.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Question1: 8:56am On May 29, 2016
My brother, there's no reek of desperation anywhere ....Ive stated explicitly(in a letter) the reason why I chose Greek in my first application and also letter from my school saying reason why I have to do inter business instead i want to attach a personal statement of why i chose inter business
...Also i will be applying in july to attend the second session of the summer school so that i can have more time....

I think i have a very strong ties that is enough to guarantee that I will return immediately
my school is an affiliate of kings College oo

ifyalways:
Someone actually wanted to go study Greek in UK? An undergraduate of Economics?

Imo, re-applying too soon with a change of course means one thing : you simply wants to get to UK at any cost, not good as it reeks of desperation.

Finish your studies and if you must go to UK, apply as a tourist or a short course related to your course of study.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 9:04am On May 29, 2016
bimbotek:
Hi all,
I intend to apply for a UK visa in July, I work in a financial organisation where I earn close to 200k monthly. I have been working for the past 6years, I am married. What and what documents are required for a UK visa and what is the chance of getting one considering the fact that I have never travelled outside the country before.

What's your purpose of travel?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by geolan(m): 10:26am On May 29, 2016
@justwise and well meaning nairalander

want to apply for a uk visiting visa soon and i have everything intact just that i want to know if i really need to include my bank statement or that of my sponsor here in Nigeria when i know that there isn't really much funds in it as at now. Should i just leave out the bank statement on my part and include only that of the person inviting me. moreover what is needed again from my part as I just finished my university degree and only wants to visit uk for about 3weeks or there about truthfully
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 12:17pm On May 29, 2016
i have not see a response to my request since yesterday. i said i want to a pay a visit to Uk during my annual leave. am working in a company with take home up to 100k monthly. my closing balance is around 1.3million. what is my chance in getting the visa and what are neccessary document needed to facilitate the processing.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Freddyboat: 12:24pm On May 29, 2016
askari01:

How old are you? Being unemployed is a redflag though

am 21 @askari01

(1) (2) (3) ... (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.