Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1531057 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by frankloloko: 12:23pm On Oct 24, 2015
Ok sir. No one is inviting him. Can he use a paid hotel as a business man?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:26pm On Oct 24, 2015
frankloloko:
Ok sir. No one is inviting him. Can he use a paid hotel as a business man?

Yes he can
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by frankloloko: 12:30pm On Oct 24, 2015
Ok sir, I am grateful.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Lamide123: 2:04pm On Oct 24, 2015
Sunny4Gold:
Am having problem paying for UK visa. I tried Fidelity verve card and my brother's USA visa card, both are not successfully
I have same problem. I used my bank card but it will not work. I have tried mine today more than 10 times
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Lamide123: 2:09pm On Oct 24, 2015
Gurus in the house, can you guys explain how to pay for UK visa fee with Nigeria bank card.
I have tried to pay with my card multiple times today but it will not work.
I will appreciate your help on this matter.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by hassanko786(m): 2:34pm On Oct 24, 2015
Thanks a lot for this relieving news. I hope they will contact me as well. My case still a bit different, I don't hold a Nigerian passport therefore I will need to use my current passport (one with the application) to travel home to get a new passport. If I'm to apply from my Embassy in Abuja, it would take about 2 months to get a new passport. Thanks a lot though.

kaydguru:

They will never deny you a visa on that ground because I have had similar experience and they requested I come in person to the British embassy in VI with my new passport. If you qualify for a visa they would request you provide a new passport with sufficient pages.

My advise go and start processing a new passport asap.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 2:54pm On Oct 24, 2015
Lamide123:
Gurus in the house, can you guys explain how to pay for UK visa fee with Nigeria bank card.
I have tried to pay with my card multiple times today but it will not work.
I will appreciate your help on this matter.

Depending on your bank, request for One-time password(OTP) and ensure your account has online access otherwise it won't work for online payment.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by babyisUS: 3:23pm On Oct 24, 2015
Hello @Justwise,
I have just started my online Application for a EEA family permit ( spouse visa), as a family member of an EEA member, I read on their website that both the visa and IHS fee are free for EEA family members. Now I just got to that part for the payment on the online application and I'm being asked to pay for IHS... is this right? Do I need to call them for clarification or write to them? Please help me...
Am an ardent follower of this thread,even though I don't post, have posted only a few times, but I am busy gathering knowledge here and would sure update the group once I start my visa process...
Thanks a bunch
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Lamide123: 3:26pm On Oct 24, 2015
FrontPageLawyer:

Depending on your bank, request for One-time password(OTP) and ensure your account has online access otherwise it won't work for online payment.

Thank you. But what is the one-time password for? Is it to pay or to login to
my bank account online. As for my card, I can access it online, I do transfer
money online tru my bank account. I only find it difficult to pay for the uk visa
fee, I don't know why
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 3:28pm On Oct 24, 2015
babyisUS:
Hello @Justwise,
I have just started my online Application for a EEA family permit ( spouse visa), as a family member of an EEA member, I read on their website that both the visa and IHS fee are free for EEA family members. Now I just got to that part for the payment on the online application and I'm being asked to pay for IHS... is this right? Do I need to call them for clarification or write to them? Please help me...
Am an ardent follower of this thread,even though I don't post, have posted only a few times, but I am busy gathering knowledge here and would sure update the group once I start my visa process...
Thanks a bunch

No you don't have to pay, contact them to complain.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by a4avoke: 3:35pm On Oct 24, 2015
justwise:
[/b]

Standard visitor's visa

No option like that.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by babyisUS: 3:37pm On Oct 24, 2015
justwise:

No you don't have to pay, contact them to complain.

Okay thanks. Will do that on Monday. But then I guess I'd have to start all over again because I read that I have just three hours to make my payment,after which if I don't make the payment my application would get cancelled..
Phew!! angry
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 3:41pm On Oct 24, 2015
babyisUS:

Okay thanks. Will do that on Monday. But then I guess I'd have to start all over again because I read that I have just three hours to make my payment,after which if I don't make the payment my application would get cancelled..
Phew!! angry

You can either make the payment then ask for refund or you contact them then start a fresh one
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 3:44pm On Oct 24, 2015
a4avoke:

No option like that.

Select family visitor's visa because family visitor's visa is part of standard visitor visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 3:50pm On Oct 24, 2015
Lamide123:

Thank you. But what is the [b]one-time password [/b]for? Is it to pay or to login to
my bank account online. As for my card, I can access it online, I do transfer
money online tru my bank account. I only find it difficult to pay for the uk visa
fee, I don't know why

Security Code which will be sent to your phone for online transactions. It depends on your bank, but will advise you contact your bank or you might want to let us know the type of card you've been trying.

I use FirstBank Naira MasterCard which requires OTP
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 4:31pm On Oct 24, 2015
hassanko786:

Thanks a lot for this relieving news. I hope they will contact me as well. My case still a bit different, I don't hold a Nigerian passport therefore I will need to use my current passport (one with the application) to travel home to get a new passport. If I'm to apply from my Embassy in Abuja, it would take about 2 months to get a new passport. Thanks a lot though.

Why would it take you two months to get a Nigerian passport. That's so untrue. I got mine in less that three days in Lagos.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by akyiremlouis: 11:01pm On Oct 24, 2015
please can i use my treasury bill statement to apply for uk tourist visa since i dont have enough funds in my salary account or should i transfer the money into my salary account
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by hassanko786(m): 11:04pm On Oct 24, 2015
thanks for your reply once more kaydguru. i am not Nigerian, i am here on a residence permit.
do you think if i was asked to get them a new passport they would give me the one that i applied with? so i can travel to get a new passport?
another question if you don't mind, when one applies for a uk settlement visa from Nigeria, i know that all the supporting documents go to Sheffield in UK, but what about the passport? do they send it to sheffield as well or it remains in the British High commission in abuja and the visa will be printed there?

thanks

kaydguru:

Why would it take you two months to get a Nigerian passport. That's so untrue. I got mine in less that three days in Lagos.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by akyiremlouis: 11:13pm On Oct 24, 2015
please i need some education i want to build my bank statement for uk visa for next six months. i want to know is it compulsory to keep the money for the whole six month in my current account or i can invest it treasury bills to earn some interest and transfer it back into my current account for the visa application
please help me out
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by akyiremlouis: 11:16pm On Oct 24, 2015
akyiremlouis:
please i need some education i want to build my bank statement for uk visa for next six months. i want to know is it compulsory to keep the money for the whole six month in my current account or i can invest it treasury bills to earn some interest and transfer it back into my current account for the visa application
please help me out
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by akyiremlouis: 11:17pm On Oct 24, 2015
akyiremlouis:
please can i use my treasury bill statement to apply for uk tourist visa since i dont have enough funds in my salary account or should i transfer the money into my salary account
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by akyiremlouis: 11:17pm On Oct 24, 2015
[quote author=akyiremlouis post=39330637][/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 12:06am On Oct 25, 2015
hassanko786:
thanks for your reply once more kaydguru. i am not Nigerian, i am here on a residence permit.
do you think if i was asked to get them a new passport they would give me the one that i applied with? so i can travel to get a new passport?
another question if you don't mind, when one applies for a uk settlement visa from Nigeria, i know that all the supporting documents go to Sheffield in UK, but what about the passport? do they send it to sheffield as well or it remains in the British High commission in abuja and the visa will be printed there?

thanks

Yes passport goes along with your documents to Shielfield, And they can always give you your passport any time you request for it.

My advice, hold on for them to reach out to you first, they will surely guide you on what to do.

Regards
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by prince1930: 6:48am On Oct 25, 2015
Hello house,how much is visit visa fee in ikeja vac,ar dey stil charge service fee of £59?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 9:07am On Oct 25, 2015
akyiremlouis:
please help me out

A healthy bank statement must have positive cash inflows and outflows, also refer to as source of funds, income and expenses. You cannot leave money static over that period in your account. If your intention is building a bank statement for the purpose the the visa, ensure your monthly salary or income from a verifiable source reflects in the account spread over a period of six months. This is regardless whether you have a paid employment or self employed.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by prince1930: 10:02am On Oct 25, 2015
Hello house, pls if my income is 345k lik how much wil b d income tax? Just want 2 b4 goin 2 tax office,tanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by hassanko786(m): 1:50pm On Oct 25, 2015
Ok thanks a lot
kaydguru:

Yes passport goes along with your documents to Shielfield, And they can always give you your passport any time you request for it.

My advice, hold on for them to reach out to you first, they will surely guide you on what to do.

Regards

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by babyisUS: 6:55pm On Oct 25, 2015
justwise:

You can either make the payment then ask for refund or you contact them then start a fresh one

Okay, thanks a lot.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ENGRPETER101: 8:31pm On Oct 25, 2015
Pls I attend applying for UK tourist visa here are my document About to submit to embassy if any document is missing pls let me know
1) my register company CAC certificate
2) marriage certificate and marriage picture
3) letter of introduction has the MD/CEO of the company (with company letter headed paper)
4) my land documents
5) prof of hotel booking and flight
6) three month bank statement (1m)
7) business invoice
cool tax clearance certificate
Pls should I submit my company bank statement or my personal savings bank statement

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 8:53pm On Oct 25, 2015
ENGRPETER101:
Pls I attend applying for UK tourist visa here are my document About to submit to embassy if any document is missing pls let me know
1) my register company CAC certificate
2) marriage certificate and marriage picture
3) letter of introduction has the MD/CEO of the company (with company letter headed paper)
4) my land documents
5) prof of hotel booking and flight
6) three month bank statement (1m)
7) business invoice
cool tax clearance certificate
Pls should I submit my company bank statement or my personal savings bank statement

Your documents are in order. You should submit your personal and company statements of account and the standard requirement is six months and not three months.

You can also include your Personal Income Tax card if any

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ENGRPETER101: 7:11am On Oct 26, 2015
I don't have personal tax card and the 1m is in my company account my savings no money there

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 7:37am On Oct 26, 2015
ENGRPETER101:
I don't have personal tax card and the 1m is in my company account my savings no money there

Then what is your purpose of visit?

What money will you spend for the trip?

Don't bother wasting your visa fee, your application will be rejected if it's a visit visa because you can't use your company's account.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.