Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,166 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:18 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (139) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1524915 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:37pm On Jul 22, 2016
fakmurphy:

@Justwise Thanks for your assistance i'm submitting;

Conference registration confirmation and receipts
Hotel booking

My company bank statement
Vat papers (March-June) as we started in Nov and opened acc in feb.
rent receipts booklets
sales receipts booklets
invoices

My bank statement 'A' showing fixed deposit, it's interest paid in there every 90 days. bal 1.5m
Fixed deposit cert.

My bank statement 'B' showing daily spendings (most funds comes in from either Acc A and company's acc) bal by then 450k)

Duplicate copies of all transfer slips from A TO B

4-5 properties docs with their purchasing receipts, deeds, survey plans, etc.

shares bond cert.

Printed email conversations between me and one of my lawyers last yr discussing rent income and payment analysis (while i was abroad)

Wedding cert

kids birth cert.

Do you think that that amount will be enough for the trip?

If you do a breakdown of all expenditures for the trip will that amount be enough?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by customised87: 9:40pm On Jul 22, 2016
customised87:
Hello house,my husband,son and I are planning to attend my Elder bro's wedding in UK by Aug. I and my husband have a joint account as well as as joint fixed deposit investment which will mature before the travel date and which will be the source of fund for our trip.
How am I supposed to answer these questions?
A. What is the cost to you personally of this trip?
B. the total amount of money you have for this trip
C. Is someone other than you paying for this trip?
D. How much will they be paying towards your trip?

Am I supposed to write the same figures in I and my husband's forms? Or, will I split the total money into 2 and enter the figures in the forms?

Pls help me torchlight the matter or refer me to any one/post that has been in/addressed similar situation
Thanks

Glory to God.! My husband and I got our passports with visas back today. We submitted at VI on the 4th of July, passport received at Sheffield on 9th of July, Decision made email on 18th July and passport ready for collection email on 20th July.
For the benefits of couples that run a joint account, when filling the part where you are asked about the budget for the trip, fill the budget for each person in Dre forms. Then when asked if anyone is paying for part of the trip, put yes and write the name of ur spouse and explain that u are using your joint account to fund the trip.
Thanks to everyone for building this thread.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fakmurphy(m): 9:49pm On Jul 22, 2016
@Justwise this the breakdown
How much do you spend each month on living costs?
How much of your total monthly income is given to your family members and other dependants?

What is the cost to you personally of your trip in GBP(£)? 893

The total amount of money you have for this trip 1200

The cost of the aeroplane, boat or train tickets
The cost of your accommodation The cost of your accommodation

The cost of your living expenses The cost of your living expenses

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fakmurphy(m): 9:50pm On Jul 22, 2016
So Apparently i will have 3 times the total cost in each of my acc by then
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:34am On Jul 23, 2016
customised87:

Glory to God.! My husband and I got our passports with visas back today. We submitted at VI on the 4th of July, passport received at Sheffield on 9th of July, Decision made email on 18th July and passport ready for collection email on 20th July.
For the benefits of couples that run a joint account, when filling the part where you are asked about the budget for the trip, fill the budget for each person in Dre forms. Then when asked if anyone is paying for part of the trip, put yes and write the name of ur spouse and explain that u are using your joint account to fund the trip.
Thanks to everyone for building this thread.

Congratulations!

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fizzile(m): 7:38am On Jul 23, 2016
justwise:

Congratulations!
Oga justwise,how you? Sent a mail to you last night. You've not been responding to me for sometime now. Hope I didn't wrong you in anyway?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:43am On Jul 23, 2016
fakmurphy:
@Justwise this the breakdown
How much do you spend each month on living costs?
How much of your total monthly income is given to your family members and other dependants?

What is the cost to you personally of your trip in GBP(£)? 893

The total amount of money you have for this trip 1200

The cost of the aeroplane, boat or train tickets
The cost of your accommodation The cost of your accommodation

The cost of your living expenses The cost of your living expenses

Personally I think that you can't afford this 3 days conference. You will be left with almost nothing after the trip.

The 1.5m in fixed deposit is not available to you for the trip.

So the question is..how will this 3 days conference help your business considering the cost?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fakmurphy(m): 9:44am On Jul 23, 2016
@ jUSTWISE Thanks for your response, the 1.5 is in my savings and fixed is more than 10times that amount

justwise:

Personally I think that you can't afford this 3 days conference. You will be left with almost nothing after the trip.

The 1.5m in fixed deposit is not available to you for the trip.

So the question is..how will this 3 days conference help your business considering the cost?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fakmurphy(m): 9:47am On Jul 23, 2016
The second answer; The three days conference will take my business to a new level, it's conference and exhibition where real estate marketing software, tools and app would be displayed by over 400 technological companies. I want to explore these,learn what is new and new things. so for clarification, ACC A (SAVINGS) has 1.5m, B (current) 450k,Apart from fixed deposit and company's acc
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:11am On Jul 23, 2016
fakmurphy:
@ jUSTWISE Thanks for your response, the 1.5 is in my savings and fixed is more than 10times that amount

Ok that makes it clearer now

fakmurphy:
The second answer; The three days conference will take my business to a new level, it's conference and exhibition where real estate marketing software, tools and app would be displayed by over 400 technological companies. I want to explore these,learn what is new and new things. so for clarification, ACC A (SAVINGS) has 1.5m, B (current) 450k,Apart from fixed deposit and company's acc

Take your time and explain this in your application because it might help your case.

Good luck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fakmurphy(m): 10:40am On Jul 23, 2016
@Justwise Thanks for your assistance, am a real estate manager, i have my own estate management firm, started Nov 2015.

I have my own properties, i also manage people's properties, I help client purchase and sell properties, i do construction management etc.

I have 3 acc, 1ST is my savings (closing bal 1.5 which is mostly interest paid on my fixed mostly for the last 6 months),

2ND is my current and d bal by ending of july should be 450k, (most funds here comes from either my company's acc or my savings) this is the acc i used for daily expenses.

3rd is my corporate which am the sole signatory to.

I have fixed deposit too

=======================================================

i'm submitting;

Conference registration confirmation and receipts
Hotel booking

My company bank statement
Vat papers (March-June) as we started in Nov and opened acc in feb.
rent receipts booklets
sales receipts booklets
invoices

My bank statement 'A' showing fixed deposit, it's interest paid in there every 90 days. bal 1.5m
Fixed deposit cert.

My bank statement 'B' showing daily spendings (most funds comes in from either Acc A and company's acc) bal by then 450k)

Duplicate copies of all transfer slips from A TO B

4-5 properties docs with their purchasing receipts, deeds, survey plans, etc.

shares bond cert.

Printed email conversations between me and one of my lawyers last yr discussing rent income and payment analysis (while i was abroad)

Wedding cert

kids birth cert.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ziggy3579: 1:47pm On Jul 23, 2016
Hi everyone, my mum intend to go to the UK for 6months but she would be applying with my dad(he's not going for now cos he just go back from america). my brother's friend (UK citizen) wld be inviting them both, pls what are the documents my parents are to submit and what documents should their host in the UK send for submission. Dad's bank acct has close to 18million.Thanks in anticipation

Cc @justwise nd all d gurus in d house
justwise:

Ok that makes it clearer now
Take your time and explain this in your application because it might help your case.
Good luck

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mikeeee16: 11:33pm On Jul 23, 2016
hi everyone..im a resident in the uk for 3years now..im married to a spanish woman. the thing is i want to invite my mum to pay us a visit.i dnt knw if i could invite her or my mrs could do..i use nigerian passport stil and ive been to spain italy cyprus germany france holland greece belgium iceland sweden and polandwith stamps on my pasport...
..my question is can i invite her or my mrs can and what are the documents needed from me or my mrs and what documents my mum needs to get in place from her side in nigeria..shes a vice principal in a secondary school, she gets good salary bur she said to me she doesnt really build her account as such..is it really possible for me or my mrs to invite her stating we gonna be responsible for her coming over upkeep accomodation lyk she virtually spends nofin..we carrying everythingand what documents we need to send to her from our side and is it copies in black or color..and how to apply in nigeria cost and where..
looking forward to ur responses guys.thnks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Sarki140: 9:12pm On Jul 24, 2016
Good Evening Ladies and Gentlemen.Please am a full time final year university student and unemployed.I plan on visiting UK Soon and am in the process of applying for a tourist Visa.I have enough money to sponsor myself for the trip .There are no large deposits and i have been saving for the trip for the past 8 months.The money in the account is there purposely for the trip.Am still been supported by my parents.Please this is my first time and i really need your help.Closing balance is 2200 USD.Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by askari01: 5:51am On Jul 25, 2016
Sarki140:
Good Evening Ladies and Gentlemen.Please am a full time final year university student and unemployed.I plan on visiting UK Soon and am in the process of applying for a tourist Visa.I have enough money to sponsor myself for the trip .There are no large deposits and i have been saving for the trip for the past 8 months.The money in the account is there purposely for the trip.Am still been supported by my parents.Please this is my first time and i really need your help.Closing balance is 2200 USD.Thank you

If ur unemployed, pls what's the source of the 2200USD you have in your account? Can ur parent sponsor you? How old are you?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by askari01: 5:56am On Jul 25, 2016
ziggy3579:
Hi everyone, my mum intend to go to the UK for 6months but she would be applying with my dad(he's not going for now cos he just go back from america). my brother's friend (UK citizen) wld be inviting them both, pls what are the documents my parents are to submit and what documents should their host in the UK send for submission. Dad's bank acct has close to 18million.Thanks in anticipation

Cc @justwise nd all d gurus in d house

Take ur time to read like 30 pages back, I am sure ur gonna get What you r looking for...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Sarki140: 7:39am On Jul 25, 2016
The source of the fund is through personal saving and most are below 100 USD.Am 23 years and My parent can not sponsor me at the moment.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Sarki140: 7:42am On Jul 25, 2016
askari01:

If ur unemployed, pls what's the source of the 2200USD you have in your account? Can ur parent sponsor you? How old are you?

Through personal Savings for the past 8 months.Most savings are money i receive weekly.I rarely withdraw money from the account and no huge deposits.Most savings are below 100 USD. Am 23 years Old and my parents can not sponsor me at the moment.Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by worry359(m): 7:56am On Jul 25, 2016
Sarki140:

Through personal Savings for the past 8 months.Most savings are money i receive weekly.I rarely withdraw money from the account and no huge deposits.Most savings are below 100 USD. Am 23 years Old and my parents can not sponsor me at the moment.Thanks

Sorry
As I said on the thread that was closed.
Your ties to home are not good.
You intend to use most of your small savings on one short trip.

The visa officers do not like those things and rejection is very likely.
Best not to waste the application fee.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ZOE07: 8:10am On Jul 25, 2016
Kindly help provide answer to this. I have asked earlier. What do you present as travel document since you are advised not to pay for travel? Also, can you reschedule submitting your application to a later date after booking an appointment with the visa centre. Thanks a bunch.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by askari01: 8:20am On Jul 25, 2016
Sarki140:

I know u saved the funds, you claimed ur prent cnnot sponsor you, you have no job, you are single I want to believe, no business, no child and no travel experience to show you have travelled as a tourist before, your chances are very slim, I'd advice you drop the application until your status hs changed. Did u mention you receive those funds weekly? From who? Where from? Us knowing the source of funds would help you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by askari01: 8:25am On Jul 25, 2016
ZOE07:
Kindly help provide answer to this. I have asked earlier. What do you present as travel document since you are advised not to pay for travel? Also, can you reschedule submitting your application to a later date after booking an appointment with the visa centre. Thanks a bunch.

Your Flight booking is ur travel document.

Have you made payment already?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ZOE07: 8:36am On Jul 25, 2016
This is where my main question is. I have not made payment as suggested on the UKVI website. How do I book?
askari01:

Your Flight booking is ur travel document.

Have you made payment already?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by TatPat: 8:48am On Jul 25, 2016
Good morning, My question goes to justwise,vicjustice,worry359,Askari01 and ALL the gurus in the house... I just transferred 3million naira from my company acct to my savings acct for the trip I'm planning to the uk with my wife, I'm about to book for an appointment tomorrow, please how do I explain to the Eco that this isn't money lodgement and what evidence can I show? Thanks for your responses.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by askari01: 8:57am On Jul 25, 2016
TatPat:
Good morning, My question goes to justwise,vicjustice,worry359,Askari01 and ALL the gurus in the house... I just transferred 3million naira from my company acct to my savings acct for the trip I'm planning to the uk with my wife, I'm about to book for an appointment tomorrow, please how do I explain to the Eco that this isn't money lodgement and what evidence can I show? Thanks for your responses.

Was there no fund in ur account prior when u transferred the 3million into ur account? Did u transfer to your salary account? What ws ur account balance before the transfer?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by sure4real: 9:06am On Jul 25, 2016
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by TatPat: 9:08am On Jul 25, 2016
askari01:

Was there no fund in ur account prior when u transferred the 3million into ur account? Did u transfer to your salary account? What ws ur account balance before the transfer?

First of all, I don't pay myself a monthly salary, I pay myself annually but not into this acct.. I also pay myself an allowance like every 2months on the account I'll be using to apply for the visa,
There was funds in the account but this account is what we use for the house upkeep and anything spending so if I put 100k there today, it can finish in two days, it's a very very active account, transactions every day, I had about 10k balance before I transferred the 3mollion and in the past I've also sent 5million from my company acct to this same acct.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Sarki140: 9:23am On Jul 25, 2016
askari01:

I know u saved the funds, you claimed ur prent cnnot sponsor you, you have no job, you are single I want to believe, no business, no child and no travel experience to show you have travelled as a tourist before, your chances are very slim, I'd advice you drop the application until your status hs changed. Did u mention you receive those funds weekly? From who? Where from? Us knowing the source of funds would help you.

I receive allowances from my parents.Most of the money deposited in the account is below 100 USD and I have been saving purposely for the trip for the past 8 months.I also sometimes receive money from family members .Hope to hear from you.Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Sarki140: 9:28am On Jul 25, 2016
worry359:

Sorry
As I said on the thread that was closed.
Your ties to home are not good.
You intend to use most of your small savings on one short trip.

The visa officers do not like those things and rejection is very likely.
Best not to waste the application fee.

So please do you mean a student can not get a tourist visa to the uk?
The money in the account is there basically for the trip.I hardly withdraw funds from the account.
I have been saving bit by bit for the past 8 months.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by askari01: 9:36am On Jul 25, 2016
TatPat:

First of all, I don't pay myself a monthly salary, I pay myself annually but not into this acct.. I also pay myself an allowance like every 2months on the account I'll be using to apply for the visa,
There was funds in the account but this account is what we use for the house upkeep and anything spending so if I put 100k there today, it can finish in two days, it's a very very active account, transactions every day, I had about 10k balance before I transferred the 3mollion and in the past I've also sent 5million from my company acct to this same acct.

The application May not fly, if you would listen, start running your account for the next 6months, transfer your Salary into the same account for the next 6months, You can start this month so that you would have 5 months left but make sure it's directly transferred from ur company's account to the preferred account inform of July 2016 Salary, work towards having 800k- 1M in the 6th month so once ur set come back here for the next step. Make sure you read the forum everyday for the next 6 months, it wil help ur future application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by TatPat: 9:40am On Jul 25, 2016
askari01:

The application May not fly, if you would listen, start running your account for the next 6months, transfer your Salary into the same account for the next 6months, You can start this month so that you would have 5 months left but make sure it's directly transferred from ur company's account to the preferred account inform of July 2016 Salary, work towards having 800k- 1M in the 6th month so once ur set come back here for the next step. Make sure you read the forum everyday for the next 6 months, it wil help ur future

application

Okay thanks, I'll do just that.

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.