Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,866 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (168) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1531650 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Kukuful1014: 7:16am On Oct 28, 2016
justwise:

It doesn't work that way, what you have now is 5months bank statement even if you submit your application next year.

Thank u justwise, will print from April to October, but apart from that is everything ok, the things I intend to add to my application and my finances?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:53am On Oct 28, 2016
Kukuful1014:

Because I intend submitting my application latest by second week of November I calculated 6 months from October backwards. I haven't submitted so if it's better for me to print from April I can do so. Also I'm a youth president at my church as well as organizing secretary, I was awarded citation certificates for that and I want to know if I can also add an introductory letter from my pastor, the certificates as well as event memos which show I'm on programs this December as a source of tie to my country?

It wouldn't make any difference in my opinion, if you planned to overstay and never come back you will do that even with a letter from God.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Boerhavia: 2:05pm On Oct 28, 2016
Thanks for the response
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by busybrain001(m): 2:20pm On Oct 28, 2016
Ok
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 4:56pm On Oct 28, 2016
Boerhavia:
Good day people, I intend applying for U.k visa in January, but u I had a cash lodgement of 1m by an interest free CICS(cooperative) at my place of work. My pay slip reflects the amount they deduct on monthly basis as savings. The body is ready to give me a letter to explain that, but I'm afraid is still might not be enough. Is that still a lodgement anyways? Pls share view. Thanks

Explain that in the form supported with the letter

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 4:57pm On Oct 28, 2016
busybrain001:
Please can a UK visa renewal be refused solely on the grounds of not submitting a tax clearance card...
My company deduct tax from our salary and they don't give us any documentary evidence..
NB. even though am working, my brother who is based there would be sponsoring my trip.
I hv been to the UK twice, but my last two visas were issued when I was still a student.
Thanks.

As an employee you don't need tax clearance card for visa application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Boerhavia: 6:58pm On Oct 28, 2016
justwise:
[/b]

Explain that in the form supported with the letter
ok thanks bro. Will I have to get a let from my bank supporting that?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:02pm On Oct 28, 2016
Boerhavia:
ok thanks bro. Will I have to get a let from my bank supporting that?

The bank did not lodge the money into your account so you don't need a letter from them

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by dearie(m): 12:53pm On Oct 29, 2016
I really appreciate what you guys do here...Nice job.

Please i need an assistance also.

I intend travelling to the UK with my wife in March/April next year and wish to apply for Visa in November to allow for the mandatory 3 months lapse.

My Cousin is accomodating us in Southy. He accommodated and sponsored my trip in 2011 when i visited him and stayed about a month in the UK. I was single then. I had earlier been denied the visa but appealed and won before travelling then.

I currently earn 418K monthly and been working for 9 years. My wife is a medical practitioner and earns 130K monthly and have been working for a year now. she has no travel history.

I intend sponsoring the trip but here's the confusion.

I recently got a transfer of N500k into my account being refund of money owed me. I have an investment of N1.4M running which i want to liquidate prematurely so that the balance will reflect in my account balance. I will therefore be having about 1.9M when i print from April till date.

we have 2 kids below age 3 who are not travelling with us.

my budget for the 7-day trip is £2,200

Flight fare for 2: £1,100
Transportation: £400
Shopping: £700

Conversion on oanda puts that at about 860K.

please what are my chances and what do you advise i modify.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by youseuph(m): 1:09pm On Oct 29, 2016
Justwise and other gurus in the house Welldone for always been of help. I am preparing to apply for uk visa once again. My monthly salary is 150k, twice of which am sure will not be enough for my budget. But I have a company jointly owned, salary not being paid yet. How do I get the company involved so as to boost my financial circumstances. The purpose of the trip is to write a professional exam, meaning that I will not be spending more than 5 days in the UK.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kooloosaw: 1:10pm On Oct 29, 2016
Hi Justwise. I am a medical doctor currently having her compulsory one year internship in a hospital in Lagos. I want to renew my U.K. Visa in a week or 2 and I've filled out my online application form but I'm yet to submit because I want few clarifications which are;
1. I want to apply for 2 years now (last visa was 6 months and in 2013) but I stated in my application that I will spend 12 days for holiday. Is 2 years too much?
2. I lent someone 400,000 naira earlier in the year and she ended up paying the money in bits of 100,000 with the last payment being yesterday. I have just one account which is also my salary account. Do I have to explain to the U.K. Embassy about these transactions? Problem is, the person didn't pay in her name. She sent like 3 different people to pay the money to me. Should I explain this to them?
3. I do not have an official letter that says I'm going on leave from my hospital however I've got a letter which stated that I am an employee of the hospital and I'd like to travel to Manchester between x and y periods. Is this enough?
4. My brother, who works and lives in the U.K., is my co-sponsor and host. In the application, I mentioned he would be housing and paying for my air transport which was estimated to be about £900 and that I have £600 personally to pay towards my holiday making total money £1500. Is this fine? Presently, I've got slightly over 800,000 naira in my account and my brother has about £4000 in his'. Please, is the money distribution okay?
5. I understand I have to put in 6 months pay slips but some of my pay slips cannot be found- those of July and August. Can I put earlier payslips in place of these?
6. Finally, if I want an appointment for 2nd week in November, how soon should I submit my online application?
Thank you so much in anticipation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 1:22pm On Oct 29, 2016
dearie:
I really appreciate what you guys do here...Nice job.

Please i need an assistance also.

I intend travelling to the UK with my wife in March/April next year and wish to apply for Visa in November to allow for the mandatory 3 months lapse.

My Cousin is accomodating us in Southy. He accommodated and sponsored my trip in 2011 when i visited him and stayed about a month in the UK. I was single then. I had earlier been denied the visa but appealed and won before travelling then.

I currently earn 418K monthly and been working for 9 years. My wife is a medical practitioner and earns 130K monthly and have been working for a year now. she has no travel history.

I intend sponsoring the trip but here's the confusion.

I recently got a transfer of N500k into my account being refund of money owed me. I have an investment of N1.4M running which i want to liquidate prematurely so that the balance will reflect in my account balance. I will therefore be having about 1.9M when i print from April till date.

we have 2 kids below age 3 who are not travelling with us.

my budget for the 7-day trip is £2,200

Flight fare for 2: £1,100
Transportation: £400
Shopping: £700

Conversion on oanda puts that at about 860K.

please what are my chances and what do you advise i modify.

Why do you budgeted £400 for transport only for 7days?

Shopping budget is also high, even if you are going to spend that much you need to keep cost down
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 1:24pm On Oct 29, 2016
youseuph:
Justwise and other gurus in the house Welldone for always been of help. I am preparing to apply for uk visa once again. My monthly salary is 150k, twice of which am sure will not be enough for my budget. But I have a company jointly owned, salary not being paid yet. How do I get the company involved so as to boost my financial circumstances. The purpose of the trip is to write a professional exam, meaning that I will not be spending more than 5 days in the UK.

What is the net income from the company?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kooloosaw: 1:26pm On Oct 29, 2016
Also, when I traveled in 2013, I was invited and hosted by my Mum's friend. My brother was in England then but as a masters student. He is now married. I mentioned then that I did not have any family in England. Would it be used against me now as I'm using my brother as my sponsor?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 1:38pm On Oct 29, 2016
kooloosaw:
Hi Justwise. I am a medical doctor currently having her compulsory one year internship in a hospital in Lagos. I want to renew my U.K. Visa in a week or 2 and I've filled out my online application form but I'm yet to submit because I want few clarifications which are;
1. I want to apply for 2 years now (last visa was 6 months and in 2013) but I stated in my application that I will spend 12 days for holiday. Is 2 years too much?
2. I lent someone 400,000 naira earlier in the year and she ended up paying the money in bits of 100,000 with the last payment being yesterday. I have just one account which is also my salary account. Do I have to explain to the U.K. Embassy about these transactions? Problem is, the person didn't pay in her name. She sent like 3 different people to pay the money to me. Should I explain this to them?
3. I do not have an official letter that says I'm going on leave from my hospital however I've got a letter which stated that I am an employee of the hospital and I'd like to travel to Manchester between x and y periods. Is this enough?
4. My brother, who works and lives in the U.K., is my co-sponsor and host. In the application, I mentioned he would be housing and paying for my air transport which was estimated to be about £900 and that I have £600 personally to pay towards my holiday making total money £1500. Is this fine? Presently, I've got slightly over 800,000 naira in my account and my brother has about £4000 in his'. Please, is the money distribution okay?
5. I understand I have to put in 6 months pay slips but some of my pay slips cannot be found- those of July and August. Can I put earlier payslips in place of these?
6. Finally, if I want an appointment for 2nd week in November, how soon should I submit my online application?
Thank you so much in anticipation.

1. No 2yrs is not too much.

2. All you have to do is to explain that in your application form it doesn't matter if the person paid all at once or by instalment.

3. You definitely need an official letter allowing you to travel

4. Is not really about money distribution, you need an IV, bank statement and tenancy agreement from your brother

5. Ask your company to reissue you those missing payslips

6. I really don't know how quick the appointment thing works
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 1:40pm On Oct 29, 2016
kooloosaw:
Also, when I traveled in 2013, I was invited and hosted by my Mum's friend. My brother was in England then but as a masters student. He is now married. I mentioned then that I did not have any family in England. Would it be used against me now as I'm using my brother as my sponsor?

Yes it will if they spotted that out either during visa processing or at the POE
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kooloosaw: 2:03pm On Oct 29, 2016
justwise:
[/b]

Yes it will if they spotted that out either during visa processing or at the POE

Please how do I stop this? Should I give an explaination or just be quiet about it and hope it won't affect me?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by youseuph(m): 2:18pm On Oct 29, 2016
justwise:

What is the net income from the company?
The company makes average of 2.4m, out of which about 720000 is d profit. Staff salary, and other miscellaneous cost about 100k. The rest of the money is re-invested
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by dearie(m): 2:26pm On Oct 29, 2016
justwise:

Why do you budgeted £400 for transport only for 7days?

Shopping budget is also high, even if you are going to spend that much you need to keep cost down

Thank you very much @Justwise for your speedy response.

The transport is that high because of my cousins place which is in Southampton. I will bring it down as advised. but do you think everyother detail is ok?

He advised I should apply for 2 years Visa since i had visited him before in March 2011, while my wife can do 6 months. I don't know if they wont consider that too long ago for renewal.

He's a british citizen but i think he stays in a one bed apartment. He has a wife and 2 kids. However, he believes accommodation is ok even though i am applying with my wife. Wont they have issues with that?

what do you think?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Pggysue164: 4:08pm On Oct 29, 2016
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 4:13pm On Oct 29, 2016
kooloosaw:

Please how do I stop this? Should I give an explaination or just be quiet about it and hope it won't affect me?

No idea, probably explaining it could help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 4:15pm On Oct 29, 2016
youseuph:

The company makes average of 2.4m, out of which about 720000 is d profit. Staff salary, and other miscellaneous cost about 100k. The rest of the money is re-invested

Do you pay tax from that 2.4m?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Pggysue164: 4:17pm On Oct 29, 2016
Oga justwise please look into my case please.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 4:19pm On Oct 29, 2016
dearie:

Thank you very much @Justwise for your speedy response.

The transport is that high because of my cousins place which is in Southampton. I will bring it down as advised. but do you think everyother detail is ok?

He advised I should apply for 2 years Visa since i had visited him before in March 2011, while my wife can do 6 months. I don't know if they wont consider that too long ago for renewal.

He's a british citizen but i think he stays in a one bed apartment. He has a wife and 2 kids. However, he believes accommodation is ok even though i am applying with my wife. Wont they have issues with that?

what do you think?

Reduce your transport to £100, cost of transport in Southampton is not that expensive.

Yes you can apply for 2yrs and your wife 6months.

Definitely one bedroom apartment will not take all of you, that is impossible
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 4:44pm On Oct 29, 2016
Pggysue164:
Goody Gurus in the house,

I know we are all busy here but i will plead for you to take a little time out to go through my case as it is a complicated one i must say. I have always believe in life generally,we have to study the past for us to understand the present so we can know how to prepare for the future. This is the reason i will narrate everything from the beginning for your guys.I know it will be too long but pls bear with me as i need professional advices please.

I have have a brother who is now a british citizen and a sister who just become a residence of UK.I have been refused 4 times now for UK visas and all of them on different situations and circumstances. I was deny twice for student visas and refusal was caused by little errors from my end and it happened 2002 and 2010, then i was deny 2014 ( this one is the most painful part of it all because i used one stupid and foolish agent for the application which was out of ignorance and i was misinformed). The 2014 application was for karate competition,agents and their story lines and because I didn’t knew there were forums like these with reasonable human beings. I did the application with my wife ( then my fiancé ) and we were both deny and the reason was economic crises because it was during that Ebola time. We didn’t see the forms filled to know what the agent wrote for us neither did we see the refusal letters ( i know i messed up but knowledge they say,is power and thats why am here to get advices and knowledge ).

To cut long story short,i have been working in UAE since 2014 ( after the 3rd visa refusal,the agent own ) and i have travelled Kenya,south africa,Turkey, Italy and Spain ( all these visas i got in dubai based on my residence there ). I then applied for UK again from Dubai and i was refused,the last refusal letter stated the reasons for my refusal and i felt like going to look for that agent again to beat him up hahahahah… These agents can be so useless ! I have attached the last refusal letter to this post and don’t laugh on the salary part because the agent finished me hahahaha.

Anyway the way forward now is this, I have counter most of their reasons for the last refusal as i am now married,I have been working in the UAE for almost 2years now,I now receive 7000aed, my wife is a UAE resident too and we both has been to Italy and Paris last month and i intend applying from my home country next. My wife has a friend who is a doctor and a British citizen,she just got married this month and wanted to invite us to come over for the wedding but work didn’t permit me,she is suggesting that we come over for christmas and she will be inviting us but she is suggesting one of her agent to package the application for us but i AM SERIOUSLY REFUSING AND WOULD not AGREE because ALL my visa application was done by myself for myself so i can defend whatever information is there.

Please how do i package this application ? I intend using my salary bank account statement from UAE and also my tenancy agreement there,my land document in Nigeria, letter from my employer that am going on the trip and additional documents. I am thinking of drafting a letter to confess my sins on my previous bad application ( the agent own ) hahahahahah.. Is this an ideal thing to do? Is there a format for such letter? Will it be better to go with the invitation from my wife’s friend or it is more better to apply like a tourist?

Thanks for your time because i know how it is reading this long story that touch hahahahah…

You are lucky not to have been banned by now considering your application history.

You never mentioned in any of your current applications that you are married as the ECO stated on the last part that you are single.

You can do all you stated in your application when reapplying again and hope for the best.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Pggysue164: 4:52pm On Oct 29, 2016
I haven't applied yet since the last refusal and i got married after the last refusal. I am seeking advice on how to package the new application.

justwise:

You are lucky not to have been banned by now considering your application history.

You never mentioned in any of your current applications that you are married as the ECO stated on the last part that you are single.

You can do all you stated in your application when reapplying again and hope for the best.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by dearie(m): 5:12pm On Oct 29, 2016
justwise:

Reduce your transport to £100, cost of transport in Southampton is not that expensive.

Yes you can apply for 2yrs and your wife 6months.

Definitely one bedroom apartment will not take all of you, that is impossible

Thank you very much...

It's actually a one bedroom flat.

Please what are my chances with the one bedroom flat apartment or do i just do hotel reservation?

I was considering his one bedroom flat because of my account balance which is not too bogus and since there's a history of him sending me invite before.

Another option i can consider is to have my wife's elder brother who's also resident in London and married to a British Citizen (Though he is not yet a citizen) to send us invitation. They stay in a four bedroom flat in London with 3 kids.

What do you think sir? Sorry for the too many questions.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:21pm On Oct 29, 2016
Pggysue164:
I haven't applied yet since the last refusal and i got married after the last refusal. I am seeking advice on how to package the new application.

I have answered that part already, the last part of your post contained the answer to that.

You have to do all you listed there when reapplying, there is no other way of packaging it that I can think of now.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:26pm On Oct 29, 2016
dearie:

Thank you very much...

It's actually a one bedroom flat.

Please what are my chances with the one bedroom flat apartment or do i just do hotel reservation?

I was considering his one bedroom flat because of my account balance which is not too bogus and since there's a history of him sending me invite before.

Another option i can consider is to have my wife's elder brother who's also resident in London and married to a British Citizen (Though he is not yet a citizen) to send us invitation. They stay in a four bedroom flat in London with 3 kids.

What do you think sir? Sorry for the too many questions.

Bro there is no way one bedroom flat will be suitable for you and your wife, himself, his wife and two kids. Even if the room and the sitting room are the size of warehouse.

Look for alternative accommodation or hotel atlase for privacy seek

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by youseuph(m): 6:31pm On Oct 29, 2016
justwise:

Do you pay tax from that 2.4m?

Yes. We pay tax.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by dearie(m): 8:08pm On Oct 29, 2016
justwise:

Bro there is no way one bedroom flat will be suitable for you and your wife, himself, his wife and two kids. Even if the room and the sitting room are the size of warehouse.

Look for alternative accommodation or hotel atlase for privacy seek

Thank you @justwise for your patience with me...i appreciate. Just this last one and i'm done sir.

He just told me now that he stays alone in the one bedroom flat and that his wife and 2 kids stay in another apartment, but cant get the paper work for that now.

The one bed room flat is in his name alone and he says I should apply and state that he stays there alone and he will state that on the letter as well. Please if you think it's still not good enough...I'll rest it and make alternative arrangement.

Thanks brother!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Boerhavia: 9:11pm On Oct 29, 2016
@justwise. Thank u for always bn a blessing

(1) (2) (3) ... (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.