Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,126 members, 7,818,377 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:54 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (173) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1529909 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by reichwolf: 12:12am On Nov 06, 2016
Hello guys, I've booked an appointment for UK student visa at the application center on the 9th Nov
I have been refused student visa twice before
- first time they said I didn't include a signed letter from my dad stipulating he'll use his funds to sponsor me
- second time because I used the same CAS letter as I didn't know one needs a new CAS for each visa application.
I've read all the list of documents on UKVI site for Tier 4 visa. These are the ones I have, I'll like to know if its all good:
- new CAS from Uni of Aberdeen for January 2017 intake MSc in Petroleum Engineering stipulating I've already paid the full tuition fee(£15200)
- Original BSc certificate and transcripts
- Valid passport
- TOEFL certificate
- ATAS certificate
- TB screening document
- Bank letter (dated October 28th)
- Signed letter from my dad with a copy of his passport
- Original birth certificate.
Please guys I really need your help thanks.

Cc: justwise, FrontPageLawyer and other gurus in the house
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Kukuful1014: 12:13am On Nov 06, 2016
Kukuful1014:
Pls everyone I need help, if I want to use my partnership business as other source of income and as tie to my home country NOT FOR SPONSORING MY TRIP, what documents do I need to add with regards to my partnership business.
1. Pay slips from my partnership business and the registered business certificate with my name on it as part owner

2. Pay slips from my partnership business alone

And how how do I make the Eco knw that the partnership business is solely for other income and tie to my country and not using it to sponsor my trip.

I have another job and I intend using my salary account for that job to sponsor my trip. Note that my income from my partnership business also passes through that this same account

Justwise I went back to read again and this time around I saw a situation related to mine, which u asked the person to add tax certificate, business registration papers, business bank account etc. and consent letter from partner. In my case my profit is paid into my salary account every month and since it's not a limited liability the business itself doesn't pay tax but we the partners do which is deducted from my profit before its paid into my account.

Can I just add the business registration certificate with my name on it, something like a payslip that shows my profit after tax paid into my account, consent letter from my partner stating my leave without adding the business account since I don't need business funds for my travel
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kokoboy4life(m): 2:28am On Nov 06, 2016
Thanks for the response the trip is just for few days that's why I asked may be my statement of account is okay for visa application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Birhagos: 8:31am On Nov 06, 2016
Can any one advise please . Apologies for the lengthy post.

Birhagos:
Can some please kindly advise me.

My sister wants to visit UK with her 3 kids this Christmas .
My questions please:

1) I have a 3 bed house where I live with hubby and 1 child can they state they will be staying at my place on the application . I have a spare room.
OR is it best to do a hotel reservation?

2) do I have to send them an invitation letter, or should I just write a letter confirming the visit and that they will leave at the end of their stay?

3) this is the tricky one. She is married , have a 6 month baby , and 2 x 6 year olds . So she currently doesn't work (looking after children) . The hubby has a business which is doing very well and will be fully sponsoring the trip. Will the fact that she doesn't work affect her application ?

4) the hubby is fully sponsoring the trip but won't be travelling with them, will this hurt the application?

5) she doesn't have landed properties in her name, all in her husband's name. Will this count against her if she doesn't supply ties to Nigeria?

6) does she need to include land certificates in husbands name eventhough he isn't travelling with them?

7) my sister is registered as a co director of the company , is it ok to get a letter from the company stating her position and highlighting that she is currently on maternity leave to be returning at a specific date ?

cool here are the list of docs we have gathered , can you please advice if something need adding or removing;

- Cover letter confirming purpose of visit/personal statement
- Passports (mummy & children)
- Passport photos (mummy & children)
- Marriage Certificate
- Children Birth certificates
- Letters from children school
- Utility Bill
- Personal bank statement
- Christmas Tour booking in UK
- Family pictures (few)
- Company recommendation for Applicant stating position in the business and maternity leave (maternity pay?) and date of return to work

Sponsor (husband)
- Copy of passport
- Sponsorship letter
- Consent letter to travel with kids
- Personal bank statement to prove funds
- Company CAC
- Corporate tax registration Certificate with Tax Identification number

Relative in UK
- Letter of invitation ?? Not sure what to call it
- Utility Bill
- copy of British passport
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:31am On Nov 06, 2016
kokoboy4life:
Once again i appreciate your response I will like you to tell me what to do because am confused and i have 1.1 million in my account and not yet married.

I should tell you what you need to do?

Ok, if i were in your position earning 45k a month which is about £100 i will never dream of taking a holiday trip to a place like the UK.

1.45K month is less than cost of visa application

2. To afford a ticket to the UK you need to save all your salaires for at least 4months.

3. You need at least another 3months savings of your salary to accommodate yourself in the UK for a week

4. You are single earning 45k a month that means you don't have a strong tie to Nigeria.

5. Your 1.1 million is about £2700 (£1-N392) and you probably saved all your salaries for a year to be able to have that.

6. The total cost of your trip to the UK will eat-up at least half of that 1.1million

So tell me..what is the point of wasting all that money only to visit the UK for a few days then back to Nigeria to start over again?

7 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:40am On Nov 06, 2016
Birhagos:
Can some please kindly advise me.

My sister wants to visit UK with her 3 kids this Christmas .
My questions please:

1) I have a 3 bed house where I live with hubby and 1 child can they state they will be staying at my place on the application . I have a spare room.
OR is it best to do a hotel reservation?

2) do I have to send them an invitation letter, or should I just write a letter confirming the visit and that they will leave at the end of their stay?

3) this is the tricky one. She is married , have a 6 month baby , and 2 x 6 year olds . So she currently doesn't work (looking after children) . The hubby has a business which is doing very well and will be fully sponsoring the trip. Will the fact that she doesn't work affect her application ?

4) the hubby is fully sponsoring the trip but won't be travelling with them, will this hurt the application?

5) she doesn't have landed properties in her name, all in her husband's name. Will this count against her if she doesn't supply ties to Nigeria?

6) does she need to include land certificates in husbands name eventhough he isn't travelling with them?

7) my sister is registered as a co director of the company , is it ok to get a letter from the company stating her position and highlighting that she is currently on maternity leave to be returning at a specific date ?

cool here are the list of docs we have gathered , can you please advice if something need adding or removing;

- Cover letter confirming purpose of visit/personal statement
- Passports (mummy & children)
- Passport photos (mummy & children)
- Marriage Certificate
- Children Birth certificates
- Letters from children school
- Utility Bill
- Personal bank statement
- Christmas Tour booking in UK
- Family pictures (few)
- Company recommendation for Applicant stating position in the business and maternity leave (maternity pay?) and date of return to work

Sponsor (husband)
- Copy of passport
- Sponsorship letter
- Consent letter to travel with kids
- Personal bank statement to prove funds
- Company CAC
- Corporate tax registration Certificate with Tax Identification number

Relative in UK
- Letter of invitation ?? Not sure what to call it
- Utility Bill
- copy of British passport

1. 3 bedrooms will do since they are only visiting and not living their permanently.

2. A letter confirming the visit and that they will leave at the end of their stay is as good as invitation letter

3. As long as the hubby can comfortably sponsor the trip with documents to support his source of income then she will be fine.

4. No that will not hurt her application.

5. Her family is part of her tie to Nigeria and if her hubby is doing well then it helps her case as well.

6. Yes she can do that.

7. Yes that is perfectly ok.

8. The list is good i can't think of anything to add to it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:41am On Nov 06, 2016
Kukuful1014:

Justwise I went back to read again and this time around I saw a situation related to mine, which u asked the person to add tax certificate, business registration papers, business bank account etc. and consent letter from partner. In my case my profit is paid into my salary account every month and since it's not a limited liability the business itself doesn't pay tax but we the partners do which is deducted from my profit before its paid into my account.

Can I just add the business registration certificate with my name on it, something like a payslip that shows my profit after tax paid into my account, consent letter from my partner stating my leave without adding the business account since I don't need business funds for my travel

How do you pay personal tax but not business tax?

If you don't add business account and no tax certificate how then will you support the source of your business income?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kakunze: 12:44pm On Nov 06, 2016
justwise:
[/b]

If you ,don't add business account and no tax certificate how then will you support the source of your business income?

Under Nig Company law, a business registered as a business name is not chargeable to pay tax only the promoters of the registered business name pays personal income tax through payee by direct assessment usually to the state where the business is e.g. LIRS. Only a limited liability company pays company's tax to FIRS. In this instance, the copy of the e-TCC electronic tax clearance card suffices
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 1:52pm On Nov 06, 2016
kakunze:

Under Nig Company law, a business registered as a business name is not chargeable to pay tax only the promoters of the registered business name pays personal income tax through payee by direct assessment usually to the state where the business is e.g. LIRS. Only a limited liability company pays company's tax to FIRS. In this instance, the copy of the e-TCC electronic tax clearance card suffices

I don't think I understood that but thanks for the explanation
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kakunze: 2:34pm On Nov 06, 2016
justwise:

I don't think I understood that but thanks for the explanation

Simply put, if his business is not a limited liability company, that business does not pay company tax. A business that is registered as a business name eg, XYZ ventures do not pay company tax, only the proprietor of the business pays personal income tax. But where the business is a limited liability company or plc eg XYZ nig Ltd or XYZ plc then such business pays company tax.

So in his case since his business is only registered as a business name, he as an individual will have to pay personal income tax and he will be issued the e-TCC ie electronic tax card
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by damidamsel: 2:59pm On Nov 06, 2016
damidamsel:
Hi....pls urgent advise needed. I am trying to pay the uk visa fee for hubby and i but as we all can probably guess,i am unable to pay with nigerian card. I tried using my US credit card and debit cards ( visa cards) but it keeps saying payment unsuccessful. I plan on getting an appointment in Ikeja, pls how do i go about the payment. Thanks in advance

Someone kindly help with info on this. Been trying since 3days now to no avail.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Kukuful1014: 8:42pm On Nov 06, 2016
kakunze:

Simply put, if his business is not a limited liability company, that business does not pay company tax. A business that is registered as a business name eg, XYZ ventures do not pay company tax, only the proprietor of the business pays personal income tax. But where the business is a limited liability company or plc eg XYZ nig Ltd or XYZ plc then such business pays company tax.

So in his case since his business is only registered as a business name, he as an individual will have to pay personal income tax and he will be issued the e-TCC ie electronic tax card

Yh true
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Kukuful1014: 8:47pm On Nov 06, 2016
justwise:
[/b]

If you don't add business account and no tax certificate how then will you support the source of your business income?

U have a point, but since we the partners pay tax personally and not the business and Im not using business funds for my travel I thought I could just add my pay slips from the business which shows my tax has be deducted and the business cert to prove I'm a named partner. But as u said since I'm using it as tie I think adding the business account gives me more credit, guess I have to talk to my partner to allow me to add the business account.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Jugdement: 9:22pm On Nov 06, 2016
@ damidamsel
Call or visit your bank to request for a USD card. You can then source and load the desired amount in USD on the card.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tunexman: 12:04am On Nov 07, 2016
Please,can a married man apply for UK tourist visa alone without his family with him?(2)i use a single bank account for my business and my profit i don't pay myself any salary after business transanction anything being left after the capital is my gain and it do varies is not fixed how will i do it?lastly,how can I get personel tax clearance certificate and how much does it cost.Thanks.Your respond is needed asap.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by damidamsel: 9:04am On Nov 07, 2016
Jugdement:
@ damidamsel
Call or visit your bank to request for a USD card. You can then source and load the desired amount in USD on the card.

@Jugdement......tx a lot
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Francois10(m): 12:49pm On Nov 09, 2016
Attn. Justwise
Pls I need some assistance
I applied for a UK visa to write a professional exam but was rejected twice. First time was because I didn't attach my pay slips, second time was because I don't have any investment or property here but at the same time they acknowledged that I have a wife and kid here and that I have a steady income.
Pls advice on next line of action.
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mzjennypher(f): 6:07pm On Nov 09, 2016
Good day House, if you have a property what kind of document shld be presented asides the receipt given by the omo onile as that is the only evidence available.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kooloosaw: 6:17pm On Nov 09, 2016
Applying for 2 years visit/tourist visa. Staying with my brother. Appointment is tomorrow. Please, should the answer to this question be "yes" or "no"? Considering the context, too. Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kooloosaw: 6:18pm On Nov 09, 2016
kooloosaw:
Applying for 2 years visit/tourist visa. Staying with my brother. Appointment is tomorrow. Please, should the answer to this question be "yes" or "no"? Considering the context, too. Thank you.
*question 88
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Solatium(m): 8:36pm On Nov 09, 2016
mzjennypher:
Good day House, if you have a property what kind of document shld be presented asides the receipt given by the omo onile as that is the only evidence available.

Survey plan,Building plan,Land use charge Bill,anything that carries your name as attached to the property
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by wuraolah: 11:09pm On Nov 09, 2016
Hello house, I want to apply for a uk visa, I'm an undergraduate, my step mum is sponsoring me. What documents do I need please? Thanks in anticipation
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by wuraolah: 11:27pm On Nov 09, 2016
wuraolah:
Hello house, I want to apply for a uk visa, I'm an undergraduate, my step mum is sponsoring me. What documents do I need please? Thanks in anticipation
I forgot to add,she lives in uk and I will be staying with her. I've been refused twice because I was a minor then and my relationship with my uncle who I had intended to visit could not be ascertained. I lost contact with my uncle, do I still need to include him as part of my relatives residing in uk.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Francois10(m): 9:35am On Nov 10, 2016
Pls I need assistance, is 3 months enough time to wait before reapplying for a visa after a refusal?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by worry359(m): 9:45am On Nov 10, 2016
Francois10:
Pls I need assistance, is 3 months enough time to wait before reapplying for a visa after a refusal?

If you have addressed the reasons for the original refusal then yes.
If you are applying with exactly the same facts that were refused last time then probably no.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Francois10(m): 10:55am On Nov 10, 2016
worry359:

If you have addressed the reasons for the original refusal then yes.
If you are applying with exactly the same facts that were refused last time then probably no.
OK thanks
The refusal was because of no property/investment, funds were not in question, they acknowledged I had a wife and kid with steady income. The visit is for an exam. What do u think?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Solatium(m): 11:12am On Nov 10, 2016
Francois10:

OK thanks
The refusal was because of no property/investment, funds were not in question, they acknowledged I had a wife and kid with steady income. The visit is for an exam. What do u think?

were you given a right of appeal ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Francois10(m): 11:16am On Nov 10, 2016
Solatium:

were you given a right of appeal ?
No I wasn't given a right of appeal
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kakunze: 11:38pm On Nov 10, 2016
Please I urgently need UK embassy lagos and abuja email address
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by worry359(m): 7:53am On Nov 11, 2016
kakunze:
Please I urgently need UK embassy lagos and abuja email address
You could have found them with one question on Google!

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by miie: 2:10pm On Nov 11, 2016
pls i wnt to ask hw possible is it for the school dt gave u admission to face the embassy demself after been denied visa

(1) (2) (3) ... (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.