Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,754 members, 7,827,784 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1534182 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by travelland(f): 8:13pm On Nov 11, 2015
pampem:

Thanks. I have started the form . Was at crossroad as to how best to do that
My savings closing balance is 1m. I also have a 100k in my salary acct. I don't keep my fund in my salary account.Tbills investment in my name is 2m matures this week and not rolling over so my balance will be 3m . Salary 280k after tax, annual 4.4
Hubbys closing bal is 400k;salary 325k after tax
But the budget is 800k for 8days trip

I made the conversion on oanda, it's 2619pounds as at Today
Having written all above, please advise on the expenditure breakdown and am I to fill same amount on each person's form?considering the fact that we are using one hotel reservation ?and who should sponsor?or do we sponsor self independently?or co sponsor?

Avoid lodging any huge amount of money into your account towards the time of your visa application, it appears suspicious and requires a detailed explanation to the ECO if you cannot avoid it. With your hubby's closing balance, I hope he is not the one sponsoring the trip? Whoever owns an account with a closing balance above the budget for your trip should be the main sponsor. Break down the expense on each form, consider yourselves individuals, what i mean is this, if you have 400k each for you and your husband this is what should be written on each form and not 800K, break it down on individual basis. However, if your hotel bill is e.g. 100 pounds and you are staying in the same room, then you should fill in 100 pounds on each form(as cost of accommodation) because different ECOs may treat your application and if they check the reservation and notice that it isn't the same figure you have for your accommodation they may have questions, but go to additional information section and inform them you will share the same room as you are married so the total cost of accommodation for both of you is xxxxx, do this on both forms.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by akyiremlouis: 8:56pm On Nov 11, 2015
i want to apply for uk visa next month but all my money is in t bill investment. should i go ahead and use the t bill investment or liquidate the money into my current account. please advice
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by pampem: 10:03pm On Nov 11, 2015
travelland:

Avoid lodging any huge amount of money into your account towards the time of your visa application, it appears suspicious and requires a detailed explanation to the ECO if you cannot avoid it. With your hubby's closing balance, I hope he is not the one sponsoring the trip? Whoever owns an account with a closing balance above the budget for your trip should be the main sponsor. Break down the expense on each form, consider yourselves individuals, what i mean is this, if you have 400k each for you and your husband this is what should be written on each form and not 800K, break it down on individual basis. However, if your hotel bill is e.g. 100 pounds and you are staying in the same room, then you should fill in 100 pounds on each form(as cost of accommodation) because different ECOs may treat your application and if they check the reservation and notice that it isn't the same figure you have for your accommodation they may have questions, but go to additional information section and inform them you will share the same room as you are married so the total cost of accommodation for both of you is xxxxx, do this on both forms.
@travelland,
Thanks a lot. Understood. No huge lodgement. It's matured tbills and ain't ready for roll over as rate is very low now.

If I may ask, the cost of living expense and fund available to dependants should be less than your monthly salary right?
Then other fields not stated GBP specifically can be reported in NGN?
And ones breakdown must be equal to the total fund available for the trip?
Please revert.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by freshtoast: 10:26pm On Nov 11, 2015
I really do appreciate your candid response, it has lifted some weight of my chest on this issue. God bless.
travelland:

My apologies for the statement. I have only been granted US visa not refused so I assumed it is stamped as they do in UK. Yes, eyebrows will be raised by the UK ECO regarding your refusal especially if your reason for refusal involves discrepancies. You may think everything is in order but I can point a few things that do not appear as such. Your previous attempts to travel to US recently, was it for visit or study purpose? If it is for study then you stand a much better chance of convincing the UK Eco as it is in line with your present purpose of visit, however if it was in the tourist category then you are only raising suspicions regarding your real intention of visiting. The ECO may likely think you are trying all means to leave the country. If I was in your shoes, I will have applied for the same category of visa I choose in my US application or allow a period of at least two to three years before applying, that way I will appear more genuine. But all hope is not lost, use a letter from a lawyer to explain the US refusals in detail. Another way is just write a very detailed letter of purpose, if the refusals were not under study category(avoid mentioning it in the letter, as they can already see it in your form). Give reasons why you choose UK for study and the particular course, tell them your goal and how the course will help you actualize it. Make sure you tell them your intention to return to the country at the completion of your course(and pray your application is treated by an empathetic ECO).

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by iblaw: 11:37pm On Nov 11, 2015
pampem:

@travelland,
Thanks a lot. Understood. No huge lodgement. It's matured tbills and ain't ready for roll over as rate is very low now.

If I may ask, the cost of living expense and fund available to dependants should be less than your monthly salary right?
Then other fields not stated GBP specifically can be reported in NGN?
And ones breakdown must be equal to the total fund available for the trip?
Please revert.

You are right as stated above but keep your expenses as low as possible.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by a4avoke: 6:20am On Nov 12, 2015
My dad has an issue with his letter of introduction. It was addressed to US embassy instead of UK. Though he's trying to contact the lady in charge just to see if it can be changed before the end of today, as our appointment is already booked for tomorrow. But just in case he doesn't get a new one, what do you advise. He is considering attaching the previous one he used in 2012, and also a letter addressing the error. Will this fly?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Viceroy: 8:19am On Nov 12, 2015
Good morning all,

@FrontPageLawyer, @talkwise and others

I am completing my first ever application for a UK Visa. I am doing same for my Wife as we are travelling together and I am paying for the trip. We have limited travel history. I have been to Kenya and UAE twice while she has been to the UAE once. I have attached a picture detailing how I intend to complete the section on income and expenditure for me and my wife. Kindly assist with whether this looks fine or if I need to make any changes.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:06am On Nov 12, 2015
Viceroy:
Good morning all,

@FrontPageLawyer, @talkwise and others

I am completing my first ever application for a UK Visa. I am doing same for my Wife as we are travelling together and I am paying for the trip. We have limited travel history. I have been to Kenya and UAE twice while she has been to the UAE once. I have attached a picture detailing how I intend to complete the section on income and expenditure for me and my wife. Kindly assist with whether this looks fine or if I need to make any changes.

£1,395 on accommodation and £700 on living expenses? How long will you be staying in the UK?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Viceroy: 9:15am On Nov 12, 2015
justwise:

£1,395 on accommodation and £700 on living expenses? How long will you be staying in the UK?

@justwise

Thanks for the quick reply.
We will be sharing the accomodation, so effectively it is about 500pounds total for both of us. I have just put the same amount in the different forms with the intention to include an explanation in her application that we will be sharing accom.

Living expenses for both of us should not exceed 400-500 really. We are in the UK for like 7days.

Do you see any other issues/changes required to the information presented in the table?

Thanks again for your help!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:22am On Nov 12, 2015
Viceroy:

@talkwise

We will be sharing the accomodation, so effectively it is about 500pounds total for both of us. I have just put the same amount in the different forms with the intention to include an explanation in her application that we will be sharing accom.

Living expenses for both of us should not exceed 400-500 really. We are in the UK for like 7days.

Do you see any other issues/changes required to the information presented in the table?

talkwise

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Viceroy: 9:54am On Nov 12, 2015
justwise:

talkwise

Apologies @justwise. Responded in a hurry. Still awaiting your response.

Cheers!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 10:01am On Nov 12, 2015
Viceroy:

Apologies @justwise. Responded in a hurry. Still awaiting your response.

Cheers!

Give me an hour.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:09am On Nov 12, 2015
Viceroy:

@justwise

Your budget on accommodation and living cost is far too much. Since you are sharing accommodation the cost should be £500 and not £465 each.

Spending 400-500 daily is far over the top even if you are a footballer.

You need to use actual hotel accommodation cost to budget and not estimate
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 10:13am On Nov 12, 2015
Viceroy:

@justwise

For your wife

The cost of accommodation: (Please input £0) Attach your hotel booking. Please ensure this hotel is for two persons. Explain in the cover letter.

Also, you must be realistic with your budget. The Cost of living expenses and the total amount you have for the is just too much.

Your budget must commesurate with your finances.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Viceroy: 10:37am On Nov 12, 2015
Thanks @justwise and @FrontPageLawyer.

Very useful feedback. Much appreciated.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by pampem: 1:04pm On Nov 12, 2015
Viceroy:
Thanks @justwise and @FrontPageLawyer.

Very useful feedback. Much appreciated.
Hello, I can see two different advices here. Please read travelland advice as per accommodation . And I think you should include same figure and explain as I garnered that each application are considered seperately. Also should the breakdown of ones total expenses be equal to total.money for the trip or the cost of the trip to you personally,
Just wise and all,please.clarify this.as am.presently filling my application.too and it's a co sponsor .

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 1:24pm On Nov 12, 2015
@Pampen. No you are wrong.

Since they're staying in the hotel together as couples.

The cost of accommodation for the wife should be £0. All he has to do is book a hotel room meant for two persons and attach the print out of the hotel booking confirmation to his wife's application. Explanation can be done in the cover letter.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 2:47pm On Nov 12, 2015
My visa was refused, based on par. V4.2(a)(e) of Apdx V
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 2:48pm On Nov 12, 2015
pampem:

Hello, I can see two different advices here. Please read travelland advice as per accommodation . And I think you should include same figure and explain as I garnered that each application are considered seperately . Also should the breakdown of ones total expenses be equal to total.money for the trip or the cost of the trip to you personally,
Just wise and all,please.clarify this.as am.presently filling my application.too and it's a co sponsor .

So both of them will pay the same amount for shared hotel room?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 2:55pm On Nov 12, 2015
safex101:

My visa was refused, based on par. V4.2(a)(e) of Apdx V

Be detailed about it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by pampem: 3:09pm On Nov 12, 2015
iblaw:

You are right as stated above but keep your expenses as low as possible.
Thanks@iblaw
Kindly look at my last question as per expenses.
Does it mean that your expenses should not sum up to the total money available for the trip,? But should be equal to the cost to you personally? Pls assist with this .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Abiso: 3:10pm On Nov 12, 2015
I am a first time poster and I have tried to read post on delay decision making process but could not get any.
pls @all, I submitted my application at vi teleperformance on the 19 Oct and I received 2 mails from Sheffield in UK. 1st mail says my application has been received and under process but the second mail which i received last week says.....
Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.
We will write to you again if there is any change to this. Please do not attend the Visa Application Centre until you have been advised that your application has been decided and that your passport is ready for collection.
Kind Regards,
Sheffield Visa Section.

Till date no mails has been received and I am worried cus my travelling date is 26 Nov and I don't know what is happening pls house, wat does the mail signifies. thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by pampem: 3:12pm On Nov 12, 2015
justwise:

So both of them will pay the same amount for shared hotel room?
Its only one payment. And this could be explained . Got one or two people that used that. I also saw on teams040's breakdown.

Am sure both argument are logical

What's your take?we learn always
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 3:13pm On Nov 12, 2015
Abiso:
I am a first time poster and I have tried to read post on delay decision making process but could not get any.
pls @all, I submitted my application at vi teleperformance on the 19 Oct and I received 2 mails from Sheffield in UK. 1st mail says my application has been received and under process but the second mail which i received last week says.....
Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.
We will write to you again if there is any change to this. Please do not attend the Visa Application Centre until you have been advised that your application has been decided and that your passport is ready for collection.
Kind Regards,
Sheffield Visa Section.

Till date no mails has been received and I am worried cus my travelling date is 26 Nov and I don't know what is happening pls house, wat does the mail signifies. thanks

Did you prepare your application yourself or someone else did?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 3:13pm On Nov 12, 2015
Abiso:
Kind Regards,
Sheffield Visa Section.

What sort of visa did you apply for?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 3:16pm On Nov 12, 2015
pampem:

Its only one payment. And this could be explained . Got one or two people that used that. I also saw on teams040's breakdown.

So if its only one payment why then do you have to write the same amount 2x? One for the husband and the same amount for the wife? Are they not traveling together and using one hotel room?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 3:17pm On Nov 12, 2015
pampem:

You're still wrong, because the same poster you mentioned got advise on breakdown here.

For the wife. Cost of accommodation should be £0 or N/A. Since they are staying in same hotel, the husband should attach the hotel booking to the wife's application and explain in a cover letter. Simple
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 3:21pm On Nov 12, 2015
teana4040:
Pls help me review,For 9 day trip for I and my husband,Here is the budget as stated below;
This what I fill for myself
What is the cost to you personally of your trip in GBP: £1772

the total amount of money you have for this trip: £1,900
the cost of the aeroplane, boat or train: £1020...510 each for the both of us
the cost of accommodation: £352. We are to stay in a room together

the cost of your living Expenses: £400....200 each for both of us
Is someone other than you paying for all or part of your trip? No

Here is what is confusing me,for my form,

am I to fill the amount( i.e £1020,but flight for me is £510) or the amount both of us are going to spend on flight since am the one sponsoring.or jus the amount am suppose to spend for myself alone...pls those that av travel with their spouses pls help me..

For my hubby form

Cost of this trip personally to you. £0

Total money you have for this trip..£O

Cost of aeroplane,boat and train... £510

Cost of accommodation.... £352

Living expenses.....£200

Is anyone paying for this trip other than you....Yes

Please select what the relationship is of the person who is contributing to the payment for your trip:.......Partner

How much will they be paying towards your trip: (sum Accomodation + Flight+ living expenses £1062)
explain why they are paying towards the cost of the trip:
She is my wife and we are legally married .Also she is the custodian of funds in the home as the funds for this trip is available in her account.....pls is this reason cogent enuf? Abeg help me fine tune oh i no too sabi English... Lol

Pls do not neglect my questions abeg!!!

This is the post you referred to

pampem:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by pampem: 3:22pm On Nov 12, 2015
teana4040:
@pampem, mine is general visitor category
@teams4040,
Please confirm what amount you indicated as your hubbys cost of hotel and yours. am aware you used same hotel reservation . Would also appreciate the other breakdown too just to compare. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Abiso: 3:22pm On Nov 12, 2015
justwise:

What sort of visa did you apply for?
Tourist visa 6months and I applied myself
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by pampem: 3:23pm On Nov 12, 2015
justwise:

This is the post you referred to

Yes please. Kindly enlighten. I really need to get it. Thanks

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 3:24pm On Nov 12, 2015
Abiso:

Tourist visa 6months and I applied myself

If all your documents are genuine then you got nothing to worry about.

Are going to visit somebody in the UK or you booked hotel accommodation?

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.