Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,917 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:08 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (194) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1524811 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by oloolo: 7:49am On Jan 19, 2017
Pls can someone help post a copy of his declaration of refusal and cover letter, to serve as a guide to others..

I know all circumstances are not the same , but it's just to serve as guide....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Aguanomwan: 9:02am On Jan 19, 2017
@justwise.
Please I was refuse a visit visa last year December they said do to irregular deposite, I do earn 180k every month as a salary from company am working. but i have a barbing shop, with six boys working for me and they deposite the next morning after work, but the shop not registered Please is it good for me to explain that in my later when am going to reapply. Please because am reapplying by next month don't know if they will accept it this time pls need quick response
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by worry357: 9:09am On Jan 19, 2017
Aguanomwan:

Please I was refuse a visit visa

You have made 12 posts all about the same question.
If people have answers they will reply
no need to keep repeating the question like a little child begging for sweets.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by segzy0: 10:18am On Jan 19, 2017
worry357:

You have made 12 posts all about the same question.
If people have answers they will reply
no need to keep repeating the question like a little child begging for sweets.
grin grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Dammysmart: 11:18pm On Jan 19, 2017
Hello @justwise and every visa scholar in the house, pls I'm posting on behalf of my brother.

He got a charity work with a UK A- rated sponsor for 8months (Feb -Oct) and the visa class is Your 5 charity workers visa, he's just 26 and not married, been to the UK before in 2007 and returned for just a 3week program. He would be applying to the UK for his visa again. what was required of him is just his

*Sponsorship certificate
*passport
*Bank statement of 900£ but this isn't needed once your sponsor is an A rated (He won't be providing this)
*TB trust result

he has all this documents and what are his chances of getting this visa without any possible refusal sir because I've been seeing stuffs like 'ties to home country' and the likes...pls I need clarity on this.

Secondly, when scheduling for appointment why does Ikeja center attracts additional fees and VI doesn't? Would he click on 'standard' class in the appointment or which is he to select and is it possible he receives response within a week. Thanks I'm in strong anticipation for a detailed response. thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 12:11am On Jan 20, 2017
Hello house, I applied for the 6 months standard visa, did biometrics and all in Abuja. Got email that application received on the 10th, since then I haven't gotten any updates. I did emailed them tonight and I was told my application is yet to be assessed by the ECO. Please is there anything to be worried about?? Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by segzy0: 7:43am On Jan 20, 2017
ennyscongy:
Hello house, I applied for the 6 months standard visa, did biometrics and all in Abuja. Got email that application received on the 10th, since then I haven't gotten any updates. I did emailed them tonight and I was told my application is yet to be assessed by the ECO. Please is there anything to be worried about?? Thanks

You need not to be worried, you will be contacted when it's been assessed by the ECO. It's not yet 15 days
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 7:50am On Jan 20, 2017
segzy0:

You need not to be worried, you will be contacted when it's been assessed by the ECO. It's not yet 15 days

Thanks man! Really appreciate. Morning, hope you had an awesome night rest??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:05am On Jan 20, 2017
Dammysmart:
Hello @justwise and every visa scholar in the house, pls I'm posting on behalf of my brother.

He got a charity work with a UK A- rated sponsor for 8months (Feb -Oct) and the visa class is Your 5 charity workers visa, he's just 26 and not married, been to the UK before in 2007 and returned for just a 3week program. He would be applying to the UK for his visa again. what was required of him is just his

*Sponsorship certificate
*passport
*Bank statement of 900£ but this isn't needed once your sponsor is an A rated (He won't be providing this)
*TB trust result

he has all this documents and what are his chances of getting this visa without any possible refusal sir because I've been seeing stuffs like 'ties to home country' and the likes...pls I need clarity on this.

Secondly, when scheduling for appointment why does Ikeja center attracts additional fees and VI doesn't? Would he click on 'standard' class in the appointment or which is he to select and is it possible he receives response within a week. Thanks I'm in strong anticipation for a detailed response. thanks

Did his certificate of sponsorship state clearly that his sponsor will take care of his maintenance and everything?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Dammysmart: 9:33am On Jan 20, 2017
justwise:

Did his certificate of sponsorship state clearly that his sponsor will take care of his maintenance and everything?
yes it is clearly stated there sir, he has his sponsorship certificate number also.

but what I don't know is the meaning of this sponsorship number, is the UK embassy aware of this and I learnt generating the number costs about £500. So I also wanna know if its that once they see the sponsorship certificate number they would just grant the visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by adecr7: 11:27am On Jan 20, 2017
Hello and thank you all for the contribution in this thread.
Gtbank now has max limit 100 USD per month on mastercard payment, Please can someone help me on how to make payment for 2 years visa fee (419 USD) on visa4uk.fco.gov.uk website?

Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by sssob: 11:40am On Jan 20, 2017
adecr7:
Hello and thank you all for the contribution in this thread.
Gtbank now has max limit 100 USD per month on mastercard payment, Please can someone help me on how to make payment for 2 years visa fee (419 USD) on visa4uk.fco.gov.uk website?

Thank you.

Please I need same advice on how to pay..

Then is it adviceable to apply now: Am travelling out to another country(not) in Feb3weeks from now ...and I want to renew my uk visa 2years by Monday...should I put in for it or ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:04pm On Jan 20, 2017
Dammysmart:
yes it is clearly stated there sir, he has his sponsorship certificate number also.

but what I don't know is the meaning of this sponsorship number, is the UK embassy aware of this and I learnt generating the number costs about £500. So I also wanna know if its that once they see the sponsorship certificate number they would just grant the visa.

I never heard of such before, there should be sponsorship reference number in that certificate given to your brother and with that the embassy will be able to get hold of all the info about the charity because there is a website where all A-rated sponsors are listed and updated frequently.

You brother doesn't need to generate any number.

1. First thing you need to do here is first..make sure that your brother is dealing with a registered sponsor( I can dig this out for you if you have me the name of the charity organisation).

2. Any charity organisation that asked you to pay money for any paper or services are most likely to be fraud.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jan 20, 2017
Good Prof Justwise, Please i will like to know if my pension fund statement of account is tenable for visa procurement at the U.K, US and European embassies. Thanks for your swift responses.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by DrCobo(m): 2:12pm On Jan 20, 2017
Hi justwise , great work you are doing here

Please my wife and son applied for short term UK Family visit visa in Abuja to visit me.

It is over 11 working days now and no response at all from Sheffield.

Should i be worried?

Is it true that once it is taking too long , it is likely to be a refusal.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ezinkem: 2:33pm On Jan 20, 2017
justwise:

At that age the issue of ties doesn't really matter because she is over the working age and rely on families for day to day living.

She can add family pictures if you people have any else all other documents will come from you and your hubby.

Thank you justwise foryour wisdom and patience in dealing these sort of issues. I appreciate it. Your advise accross the thread have helped with my numerous successful application. Just one last question please. My mother in laws other children would like to give me some money totalling an equivalent of 600 pounds to treat their mum when and if she comes. Do I mention that in the application or leave it out as it may complicate things. Also if we do mention, would we have to attach bank statement of every donor or is a letter from each of them stating the purpose of the money sufficient along side proof of money transfer.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Dammysmart: 3:09pm On Jan 20, 2017
justwise:

I never heard of such before, there should be sponsorship reference number in that certificate given to your brother and with that the embassy will be able to get hold of all the info about the charity because there is a website where all A-rated sponsors are listed and updated frequently.

You brother doesn't need to generate any number.

1. First thing you need to do here is first..make sure that your brother is dealing with a registered sponsor( I can dig this out for you if you have me the name of the charity organisation).

2. Any charity organisation that asked you to pay money for any paper or services are most likely to be fraud.
thanks bro, there us a reference number there sir, and I have confirmed here that the sponsor is on A rated...it was also stated on the certificate of sponsorship letter. We were not asked to pay any money for paper services or so...no form of inducement was asked sir
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 4:04pm On Jan 20, 2017
Kaleydd2000:
Good Prof Justwise, Please i will like to know if my pension fund statement of account is tenable for visa procurement at the U.K, US and European embassies. Thanks for your swift responses.

Are you retired now?

As a supporting document to the main bank statement? Yes you can as it will act as your tie to Nigeria but as a source of spending money for the trip no, not a good idea

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 4:06pm On Jan 20, 2017
DrCobo:
Hi justwise , great work you are doing here

Please my wife and son applied for short term UK Family visit visa in Abuja to visit me.

It is over 11 working days now and no response at all from Sheffield.

Should i be worried?

Is it true that once it is taking too long , it is likely to be a refusal.

No not at all, nothing to worry about here, 11 days is just about 2 weeks and many visiting visa application comes out longer than that
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 4:11pm On Jan 20, 2017
Ezinkem:

Thank you justwise foryour wisdom and patience in dealing these sort of issues. I appreciate it. Your advise accross the thread have helped with my numerous successful application. Just one last question please. My mother in laws other children would like to give me some money totalling an equivalent of 600 pounds to treat their mum when and if she comes. Do I mention that in the application or leave it out as it may complicate things. Also if we do mention, would we have to attach bank statement of every donor or is a letter from each of them stating the purpose of the money sufficient along side proof of money transfer.

If you and your hubby can comfortably sponsor the trip then you don't need to mention the money but if the money will play some part in securing the visa then yes mention it along with a joint letter or individual one from each of them

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 4:11pm On Jan 20, 2017
Dammysmart:
thanks bro, there us a reference number there sir, and I have confirmed here that the sponsor is on A rated...it was also stated on the certificate of sponsorship letter. We were not asked to pay any money for paper services or so...no form of inducement was asked sir

Ok no worries.

All the best.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by DrCobo(m): 5:15pm On Jan 20, 2017
Thank you very much for your prompt response.

Bless you
justwise:
[/b]

No not at all, nothing to worry about here, 11 days is just about 2 weeks and many visiting visa application comes out longer than that
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Supplanter(m): 7:28pm On Jan 20, 2017
Please, I need advice on what to do and how to go about so as to get approval when I finally apply for a UK Visa.

I have a female friend whom I'd like to pay a visit.Although she's is not too old but she still works.I have never been to the UK.Although I work but I have other streams of income. What I'd like to know is what could be the requirements by the UK Embassy?I'm just going there for a short visit. Thank you very much in anticipation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by worry357: 7:37pm On Jan 20, 2017
Supplanter:
Please, I need advice on what to do and how to go about so as to get approval when I finally apply for a UK Visa.

I have a female friend whom I'd like to pay a visit.Although she's is not too old but she still works.I have never been to the UK.Although I work but I have other streams of income. What I'd like to know is what could be the requirements by the UK Embassy?I'm just going there for a short visit. Thank you very much in anticipation.

The most important thing is to PROVE that you will return after your visit.
Then have robust finances.

Going to visit an older female friend looks like a marriage set up to gain immigration.
Your ties to home will need to be very strong.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by sucre26: 9:16pm On Jan 20, 2017
Hello house. You guys are doing an amazing job helping people out. God bless you abundantly.
My case is a bit complicated. I applied for UK visa about 10years ago with my grandmother but I was denied reason was because they stayed there was no money in my grandmother's account. The person that also wrote an invite letter for us then was a family friend but we claimed that we were related.
Fast forward to 2013 I applied alone and I stated I was doing business but I didn't include my business certificate and other proof that I was into business so I was denied because of this. I also got an invite letter from another family friend who also claimed that she was my aunt and also a lawyer in the U.K. Who collected money from me then and wrote to the embassy that I was coming back.
Now I want to reapply but I don't want to be denied again. I'm married now with a child and my daughter is a us citizen. I also have enough proof that I run my own business. My shop receipts, business certificate. Please I'll need advice on how to go about reapplying for the visa. My sister in law will be inviting me over but she is a stay at home mom. She is married to a white British citizen. I would also like to know if I should state the 2 previous people I claimed were my family when I applied the previous times in the section that asks if I have people in the U.K. Is it also necessary for my husband to sponsor me? So sorry for the long post, needed to be as detailed as possible. Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by beckycute1: 9:34pm On Jan 20, 2017
Hello all,
Please how are you making payments for UK application fee.
Thanks for your response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by jagun009: 10:01pm On Jan 20, 2017
Hello everyone,

I read about this forum on Google and I would like to be enlighten.

I submitted an application for UK visit visa at Ikeja and was sent to Sheffield, UK

Also I can't track my application since last week Friday. Is this normal?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Supplanter(m): 1:08am On Jan 21, 2017
worry357:

The most important thing is to PROVE that you will return after your visit.
Then have robust finances.

Going to visit an older female friend looks like a marriage set up to gain immigration.
Your ties to home will need to be very strong.

Thank you very much for the reply.But what PROVE do you think could be strong enough to convince them that I'll return. Also,talking about robust finances,like how much do you suggest I must have in my account? The issue of marriage is totally out of it.This woman is in her late fifties while I'm in my early thirties.Finally, about strong home ties,what and how should I show that I've very strong ties?

Thank you so much.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by jagun009: 9:28am On Jan 21, 2017
Can somebody please answer me
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:51am On Jan 21, 2017
jagun009:
Hello everyone,

I read about this forum on Google and I would like to be enlighten.

I submitted an application for UK visit visa at Ikeja and was sent to Sheffield, UK

Also I can't track my application since last week Friday. Is this normal?

Yes that is normal. You can't track and a week is far too early to start worrying
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ezinkem: 10:26am On Jan 21, 2017
[quote author=justwise post=52978104]

If you and your hubby can comfortably sponsor the trip then you don't need to mention the money but if the money will play some part in securing the visa then yes mention it along with a joint letter or individual one from each of them [/quote

Thank you very much justwise, we can comfortably sponsor so we would leave it out.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by jagun009: 2:56pm On Jan 21, 2017
justwise:

Yes that is normal. You can't track and a week is far too early to start worrying

Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.