Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,815 members, 7,810,130 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:21 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (195) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1524892 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by emeldamicheals: 3:59pm On Jan 21, 2017
Hello everyone and happy new year.
Please, i would love to ask a question on behalf of my sister.
She was denied visa few years ago. Like in 2014 or so. I can't really remember.
The reason was because in her birth certificate there was a mistake in the day or so. So she cleaned it and used pencil to rewrite it.
She has been using the document and she used it all through her university days.
Until she used it to apply for UK visa and she was denied. Reason: Falsified document and she was given 10 Years Ban.
She always stays behind whenever our family goes on holiday to UK. And our family may plan a trip soon.
Question: is there anyway to write sincerely to UK embassy to lift the ban. After it happened my dad paid a lawyer based in UK and Naija to help with the appeal but all to no avail. That was how we knew she was on ban. Documents to prove her age and to prove my parents gave birth to her were all included.
ARE 10 YEARS BAN EVER LIFTED?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:07pm On Jan 21, 2017
emeldamicheals:
Hello everyone and happy new year.
Please, i would love to ask a question on behalf of my sister.
She was denied visa few years ago. Like in 2014 or so. I can't really remember.
The reason was because in her birth certificate there was a mistake in the day or so. So she cleaned it and used pencil to rewrite it.
She has been using the document and she used it all through her university days.
Until she used it to apply for UK visa and she was denied. Reason: Falsified document and she was given 10 Years Ban.
She always stays behind whenever our family goes on holiday to UK. And our family may plan a trip soon.
Question: is there anyway to write sincerely to UK embassy to lift the ban. After it happened my dad paid a lawyer based in UK and Naija to help with the appeal but all to no avail. That was how we knew she was on ban. Documents to prove her age and to prove my parents gave birth to her were all included.
ARE 10 YEARS BAN EVER LIFTED?

Was that her first UK visa application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by emeldamicheals: 8:37pm On Jan 21, 2017
Yes it was but she reapplied like one or two more times again and got denied which made her realise she was on ban. She has never travelled to the UK. Thnx for your response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:54pm On Jan 21, 2017
emeldamicheals:
Yes it was but she reapplied like one or two more times again and got denied which made her realise she was on ban. She has never travelled to the UK. Thnx for your response.

First the immigration lawyers your daddy paid for an appeal cheated him because you can't appeal visiting visa.

I don't think she was denied and banned because she wiped the mistake and rewrite it, I think she altered the day on her birth certificate while her passport carries different age.

What was the reason for the final refusal?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by sucre26: 9:06pm On Jan 21, 2017
sucre26:
Hello house. You guys are doing an amazing job helping people out. God bless you abundantly.
My case is a bit complicated. I applied for UK visa about 10years ago with my grandmother but I was denied reason was because they stayed there was no money in my grandmother's account. The person that also wrote an invite letter for us then was a family friend but we claimed that we were related.
Fast forward to 2013 I applied alone and I stated I was doing business but I didn't include my business certificate and other proof that I was into business so I was denied because of this. I also got an invite letter from another family friend who also claimed that she was my aunt and also a lawyer in the U.K. Who collected money from me then and wrote to the embassy that I was coming back.
Now I want to reapply but I don't want to be denied again. I'm married now with a child and my daughter is a us citizen. I also have enough proof that I run my own business. My shop receipts, business certificate. Please I'll need advice on how to go about reapplying for the visa. My sister in law will be inviting me over but she is a stay at home mom. She is married to a white British citizen. I would also like to know if I should state the 2 previous people I claimed were my family when I applied the previous times in the section that asks if I have people in the U.K. Is it also necessary for my husband to sponsor me? So sorry for the long post, needed to be as detailed as possible. Thank you
@justwise , anyone. please I need advise on this
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:52pm On Jan 21, 2017
sucre26:
Hello house. You guys are doing an amazing job helping people out. God bless you abundantly.
My case is a bit complicated. I applied for UK visa about 10years ago with my grandmother but I was denied reason was because they stayed there was no money in my grandmother's account. The person that also wrote an invite letter for us then was a family friend but we claimed that we were related.
Fast forward to 2013 I applied alone and I stated I was doing business but I didn't include my business certificate and other proof that I was into business so I was denied because of this. I also got an invite letter from another family friend who also claimed that she was my aunt and also a lawyer in the U.K. Who collected money from me then and wrote to the embassy that I was coming back.
Now I want to reapply but I don't want to be denied again. I'm married now with a child and my daughter is a us citizen. I also have enough proof that I run my own business. My shop receipts, business certificate. Please I'll need advice on how to go about reapplying for the visa. My sister in law will be inviting me over but she is a stay at home mom. She is married to a white British citizen. I would also like to know if I should state the 2 previous people I claimed were my family when I applied the previous times in the section that asks if I have people in the U.K. Is it also necessary for my husband to sponsor me? So sorry for the long post, needed to be as detailed as possible. Thank you

Yes you have to mention those you claimed that are your family members.

Your husband can sponsor you but you still have to add your own bank statement and business details to support the source of money in your account
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by sucre26: 10:17pm On Jan 21, 2017
justwise:

Yes you have to mention those you claimed that are your family members.

Your husband can sponsor you but you still have to add your own bank statement and business details to support the source of money in your account

Thank you justwise.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by holysinner01: 6:05am On Jan 22, 2017
Good morning, my brother applied for a Uk visa in 2014 and had to withdraw his application because they were demanding for a Dna to prove our mum is his real mother,this happened after he went to the embassy to submit supporting documents and went alone because there was no adult to follow him and he was 17 years, then he was asked to come for interview with our mum and after the interview, he was asked to do a Dna and after our findings, doing A Dna test is way expensive, btw they said he had to do it with an accredited UK hospital, so he withdrew his application. Now he intends to try again and now he is 19+ but he has changed his name from (ex. Ade ayo shola to ayo shola david) he has documents proving the change of name due to family reasons. Also he was supposed to travel with our elder brother but our elder brother travelled alone since he withdrew his application, this said brother is currently overstaying.. my brother intends to just go for a week during break from uni but he is scared our runaway elder brother might affect his chances and his change of name.. please what do u guys suggest??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:23pm On Jan 22, 2017
holysinner01:
Good morning, my brother applied for a Uk visa in 2014 and had to withdraw his application because they were demanding for a Dna to prove our mum is his real mother,this happened after he went to the embassy to submit supporting documents and went alone because there was no adult to follow him and he was 17 years, then he was asked to come for interview with our mum and after the interview, he was asked to do a Dna and after our findings, doing A Dna test is way expensive, btw they said he had to do it with an accredited UK hospital, so he withdrew his application. Now he intends to try again and now he is 19+ but he has changed his name from (ex. Ade ayo shola to ayo shola david) he has documents proving the change of name due to family reasons. Also he was supposed to travel with our elder brother but our elder brother travelled alone since he withdrew his application, this said brother is currently overstaying.. my brother intends to just go for a week during break from uni but he is scared our runaway elder brother might affect his chances and his change of name.. please what do u guys suggest??

I think your brother is going to face a lot of challenges with any UK visa application.

1. The DNA test will most likely be demanded again since he withdrew his application before without submitting any DNA result

2. Changing his surname after the previous application..he needs to work harder to convince the ECO that he is a member of your family and one of the ways to do this is to present DNA result.

3. Your brother living illegally in the UK currently will not help his application because if given a visa he is more likely to overstay his visa as well.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ginika08: 12:37pm On Jan 22, 2017
Hello guys, please besides my tuition for my Msc program, how much money do I need to have to prove my maintainace cost baring in my mind I have accommodation from my sister close to the university I am applying for? Please your answers would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jan 22, 2017
@Justwise n other Gurus

pls permit me to brief my enquiries.
my broda was banned in Dec. 2006 for false documentation n Dec.2016 makes it 10yrs.
now my uncle in UK wants to send him invitation for visitor visa.

1. pls what are his chances?
2. what is the minimum account balance he shd have?
3. Though he is married; How again can he convince ECO dt he has a strong ties in Nigeria.

thanking you guyz for ur response
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 4:04pm On Jan 22, 2017
ginika08:
Hello guys, please besides my tuition for my Msc program, how much money do I need to have to prove my maintainace cost baring in my mind I have accommodation from my sister close to the university I am applying for? Please your answers would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

This is the wrong thread to post this, look for student thread and paste your question there.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 4:09pm On Jan 22, 2017
Dipo2020:
@Justwise n other Gurus

pls permit me to brief my enquiries.
my broda was banned in Dec. 2006 for false documentation n Dec.2016 makes it 10yrs.
now my uncle in UK wants to send him invitation for visitor visa.

1. pls what are his chances?
2. what is the minimum account balance he shd have?
3. Though he is married; How again can he convince ECO dt he has a strong ties in Nigeria.

thanking you guyz for ur response

1. Nobody can predict that he has to apply then the ECO will make the decision

2. There is nothing like minimum or maximum amount to have in your account, you need to draw your budget for the trip that will give you an idea how much to spend for the trip.

3. His job is another way to strengthen his ties to Nigeria

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by holysinner01: 4:50pm On Jan 22, 2017
So i guess he shouldnt bother applying yh??
justwise:

I think your brother is going to face a lot of challenges with any UK visa application.

1. The DNA test will most likely be demanded again since he withdrew his application before without submitting any DNA result

2. Changing his surname after the previous application..he needs to work harder to convince the ECO that he is a member of your family and one of the ways to do this is to present DNA result.

3. Your brother living illegally in the UK currently will not help his application because if given a visa he is more likely to overstay his visa as well.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:40pm On Jan 22, 2017
holysinner01:
So i guess he shouldnt bother applying yh??

That is the decision he has to make himself but he will still have to deal with those issues whenever he decided to apply again.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Drdreluv: 9:33pm On Jan 22, 2017
pls how can apply for uk parmanent residant visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by beckycute1: 9:58pm On Jan 22, 2017
Pls my people.....How are you making payment...with the limit restriction
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by chikeze(m): 1:24am On Jan 23, 2017
Hello guys, Please i intend to travel to the UK in a few months time. its my first time travelling to the UK and am yet to apply for a Visa. I work for my elder sister here in Lagos. My sister is an Irish citizen and her husband is a Briton and works here in Lagos too. The both of them would like me to come with them to Uk on vacation there in Uk. They own a house there where we all will be staying while on Holiday there. Please i would like to know what my chances are in getting the Visa when i apply. They are ready to provide any Documents to aid my application and will take full responsibility while there in UK. I need advise from you guys in the house and what are the requirements for Tourist visit? Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:39am On Jan 23, 2017
chikeze:
Hello guys, Please i intend to travel to the UK in a few months time. its my first time travelling to the UK and am yet to apply for a Visa. I work for my elder sister here in Lagos. My sister is an Irish citizen and her husband is a Briton and works here in Lagos too. The both of them would like me to come with them to Uk on vacation there in Uk. They own a house there where we all will be staying while on Holiday there. Please i would like to know what my chances are in getting the Visa when i apply. They are ready to provide any Documents to aid my application and will take full responsibility while there in UK. I need advise from you guys in the house and what are the requirements for Tourist visit? Thanks

Do you earn salary and how much?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:40am On Jan 23, 2017
beckycute1:
Pls my people.....How are you making payment...with the limit restriction

Get dollar account
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:40am On Jan 23, 2017
Drdreluv:
pls how can apply for uk parmanent residant visa

Are you currently living in the UK or married to British citizen?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by sssob: 8:46am On Jan 23, 2017
@ just wise please respond ....
quote author=justwise post=53049448]

Get dollar account[/quote]
Can someone (family member...same surname) pay on my behalf?

Do you think its safe to apply(using priority £150) thirteen days to another travelling (i am scheduled to travel in 13 days to another country) will i get my passport in time?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:53am On Jan 23, 2017
sssob:
@ just wise please respond ....
quote author=justwise post=53049448]

Get dollar account
Can someone (family member...same surname) pay on my behalf?

Do you think its safe to apply(using priority £150) thirteen days to another travelling (i am scheduled to travel in 13 days to another country) will i get my passport in time?

1. Yes

2. That is possible, you can get your passport back within that period
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by giftwalter: 5:12pm On Jan 23, 2017
Hello guys, good day to all the gurus here.

Please I need your advice on how to go about this. I intend travelling to the UK on my leave later this year. I have a virgin passport and have never traveled out of this country. I have someone who's willing to send me an invite, also indicating that she will sponsor my trip.

I work in a well known company and my monthly pay is 130k, I am also a student of the NOUN. As for the financial part I am a little bit worried that a lump sum will appear on my account as of when I will be applying because currently I am saving 50% of my salary in a cooperative which I will withdraw before applying for the visa.

My concern is how do I go about this? Whats the best way to do this funds part?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by beckycute1: 5:28pm On Jan 23, 2017
Hi all, I'm about to apply and I indicated the loan I got from my company...I plan to attach the loan letter and terms of repayment.....will it affect my chances?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by xtonuns(m): 1:53pm On Jan 24, 2017
@ Justwise...huge thanks for ur help and may God bless you in many folds...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Basildon1(m): 4:32pm On Jan 24, 2017
Hi @justwise,

Hope you see this soon - I want to invite my mother to the UK however I would like the application reviewed based on my financial statements rather than hers. In the previous application, her application was refused due to undeclared deposits (she is a businesswoman)

Do I have to reword the cover letter to state a clear sponsorship rather than an invitation. Also do I necessarily have to supply payslips (I work as a contractor so I self-invoice)

My thanks in advance
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tunexman: 6:54pm On Jan 24, 2017
Plesase,house can someone book a date for appointment without completing or submitting his form online just to secure a close date because of the length of days?is it the same thing with US DS 160 appointment booking.(2) how can i make use of my naira master card in paying for the visa fees.Your reply is needed.Pls.......
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by sssob: 9:52pm On Jan 24, 2017
justwise:

1. Yes

2. That is possible, you can get your passport back within that period

Thank you justwise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jan 24, 2017
****Update**** UK has assessed my documents and hopefully it brings positive news!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:43pm On Jan 24, 2017
giftwalter:
Hello guys, good day to all the gurus here.

Please I need your advice on how to go about this. I intend travelling to the UK on my leave later this year. I have a virgin passport and have never traveled out of this country. I have someone who's willing to send me an invite, also indicating that she will sponsor my trip.

I work in a well known company and my monthly pay is 130k, I am also a student of the NOUN. As for the financial part I am a little bit worried that a lump sum will appear on my account as of when I will be applying because currently I am saving 50% of my salary in a cooperative which I will withdraw before applying for the visa.

My concern is how do I go about this? Whats the best way to do this funds part?

The main question here is..can you comfortably afford the trip considering your incoming and outgoing?

(1) (2) (3) ... (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.