Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,702 members, 7,809,666 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:46 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (212) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1524716 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by joshdeni77(m): 12:00pm On Mar 16, 2017
please i need this visa what are my steps
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by blacksony: 12:35pm On Mar 16, 2017
Abeg anybody wey don visit MMIA lagos. is there a self service check on option at the airport for E-Ticket.
Whats the check in process when one book flight online at Murtala Muhammed Internation Airport (MMIA)?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 1:52pm On Mar 16, 2017
Isoken2000:
@justwise

This is actually the problem. I don't use my salary account for anything. no other deposit entered that account. I use my savings account for my side business. both accounts are separated and it's clear. the first application I quoted my salary as 100,070, this is what is paid into my account monthly. I submitted my salary account statement plus my savings account but they questioned it. since I had a side business, this time, I added monthly income from the business to my salary hence the 200,070. this is what I filled in the section they asked "what is total income from all source of employment", I also added a covering letter explaining this. I submitted receipts from my side business.

in December,from my salary account, I loan my sister about 200k for her rent because of delay in her salary payment and that of her husband, this they paid back a week later. is this now counted against me? I even explained it in the covering letter which obviously was not read

my question is this, is it compulsory that salary be paid by cheque or transfer from company account? where I work, most of our business money comes in cash, and some of the staffs prefer cash payment which actually saves the company bank charges. I actually insisted along with top staff that our salary be paid into our account for documentation. now they are questioning this

I have a conference to attend in South Africa in April, what impact will this have on my passport .

thank you

Will post a comment tomorrow busy with work at the moment.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by TULLOP: 9:51am On Mar 17, 2017
❤️
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:46am On Mar 17, 2017
Isoken2000:
@justwise

This is actually the problem. I don't use my salary account for anything. no other deposit entered that account. I use my savings account for my side business. both accounts are separated and it's clear. the first application I quoted my salary as 100,070, this is what is paid into my account monthly. I submitted my salary account statement plus my savings account but they questioned it. since I had a side business, this time, I added monthly income from the business to my salary hence the 200,070. this is what I filled in the section they asked "what is total income from all source of employment", I also added a covering letter explaining this. I submitted receipts from my side business.

in December,from my salary account, I loan my sister about 200k for her rent because of delay in her salary payment and that of her husband, this they paid back a week later. is this now counted against me? I even explained it in the covering letter which obviously was not read

my question is this, is it compulsory that salary be paid by cheque or transfer from company account? where I work, most of our business money comes in cash, and some of the staffs prefer cash payment which actually saves the company bank charges. I actually insisted along with top staff that our salary be paid into our account for documentation. now they are questioning this

I have a conference to attend in South Africa in April, what impact will this have on my passport .

thank you

Its really important to be consistent with information supplied when applying for visa. Since your salary is 100K and your payslip supported that you should have stated that and deal with additional income through your side business separately since you have another bank account for that. Adding that to your salary is misrepresentation.

I wouldn't encourage you to make another application until your income improves or the exchange rate goes down really well.

At the moment your proven salary is 100K , the cost of ticket alone will take 3-4 months or more of your salary then the visa application fees. This does not give you any strong tie to Nigeria.

Its good to have a good travel history but when you apply again the focus will be on your ability to finance this trip, the social and economical effect on you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:51am On Mar 17, 2017
TULLOP:
Gooday everyone
Please I wish to apply for a tourist visa for myself,wife and son to the uk
I own my company and I have a registered business certificate for about three years now
Also I have an income tax certificate which I got late last year during the construction of one of my other business firm.
Now my concern is that I only use my savings account to run every of my business,my history is good and there are quite a lot of large deposits in there.
I have reciept that shows sales as credits are being made,most are being transferred into and I use my internet banking a lot for my day to day spending.there are always activities going on in the account
I mostly buy and sell lands and I have other small scale businesses as well
I don't have an account named after my business.
Do I stand any chances to get my tourist visa approved or are there any other thing I should do that could grant myself and my family the tourist visa.
Also I have a house coupled with other land documents that can be submitted.
What are my chances please.

Nobody can answer that question truthfully or with authority not even the ECO. All you have to do now is to prepare you documents as you have listed here then apply.

Make use of the blank space in the form to explain the nature of your business and most especially the lack of business name in any of those bank statements. Request for statement of account from your bank and don't use the online banking printout
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Sherrie: 2:35pm On Mar 17, 2017
Good day everyone
I would like to know, must salary be paid through check from the company to make it acceptable for visa purpose.
Will it be wrong to pay salary by cash deposit.

Would having two salaried jobs from 2 different organisation hamper the success of an application, will the ECO find it impossible for one to have two jobs.

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mialate: 8:02pm On Mar 17, 2017
Great People, I have been a silent reader for years now. Finally I have some questions :

I intend to apply for a visiting visa for my annual vacation which is for next month ending.
I started with a salary of N197k in after tax n pension and got promoted with a salary raise to N 282k after tax n pension. Having a closing balance of almost N 1.82m. I do some online selling business on Jiji.com.ng n n konga.com which is managed by my sister in terms of taking orders and scheduling delivery and all payments from customers goes into my salary account as it's still an unregistered business but I have purchase receipts as well as sales receipt generated for 100k n above purchases.
Please do I use the space for additional information on the new application portal to explain the extra deposit sources.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Fikifak(m): 3:15pm On Mar 18, 2017
mialate:
Great People, I have been a silent reader for years now. Finally I have some questions :

I intend to apply for a visiting visa for my annual vacation which is for next month ending.
I started with a salary of N197k in after tax n pension and got promoted with a salary raise to N 282k after tax n pension. Having a closing balance of almost N 1.82m. I do some online selling business on Jiji.com.ng n n konga.com which is managed by my sister in terms of taking orders and scheduling delivery and all payments from customers goes into my salary account as it's still an unregistered business but I have purchase receipts as well as sales receipt generated for 100k n above purchases.
Please do I use the space for additional information on the new application portal to explain the extra deposit sources.

yeah, jiji top for business
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 11:43am On Mar 19, 2017
Sherrie:
Good day everyone
I would like to know, must salary be paid through check from the company to make it acceptable for visa purpose.
Will it be wrong to pay salary by cash deposit

Would having two salaried jobs from 2 different organisation hamper the success of an application, will the ECO find it impossible for one to have two jobs.

Thank you
No. Salary can also be paid by cash. However, this must be explained to the ECO.

You can have as many salaried job as permitted by Nigerian laws. All that you need is to show proofs (payslips, letter of introduction from employee)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ivobobul: 5:30pm On Mar 19, 2017
Fikifak:

I started a business on JiJi, now I have my own store
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Sherrie: 5:54pm On Mar 19, 2017
ekpotek:

No. Salary can also be paid by cash. However, this must be explained to the ECO.

You can have as many salaried job as permitted by Nigerian laws. All that you need is to show proofs (payslips, letter of introduction from employee)
Thank you for your clarifying response
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by JajaAmbula: 7:34pm On Mar 19, 2017
Ivobobul:

I started a business on JiJi, now I have my own store

True? It's real?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by JajaAmbula: 7:38pm On Mar 19, 2017
Fikifak:

Only it is necessary to be able
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by BiggSmoke: 8:29pm On Mar 19, 2017
JajaAmbula:

Only it is necessary to be able

There is nothing complicated, just need to be communicative
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by BiggSmoke: 8:30pm On Mar 19, 2017
JajaAmbula:

True? It's real?

Yes really!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mialate: 1:28pm On Mar 20, 2017
JajaAmbula:

True? It's real?
You get a wide coverage and also serves as an advert platform for your business. Make sure you are a verified seller though. I have been for 1year and 7months same with .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by zeebukz: 11:45am On Mar 21, 2017
hello pls am having problems paying with my gtb and diamond dollar card i dont know what to do again am frustrated i idont know if anyone is having this challenge
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lexyj123(f): 9:48am On Mar 22, 2017
hello house, good day. Am filling the form for Uk visit untill i got to the section that asked the following questions and how do i respond to it.

1. what is the cost of the trip to you?
2. how much money do you have for this trip

if the two questions are not the same, please how do i respond to them thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lilreese: 11:09am On Mar 22, 2017
Can I apply for a visa to join my cousin who is a uk citizen.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by dcutey: 12:45pm On Mar 22, 2017
lexyj123:
hello house, good day. Am filling the form for Uk visit untill i got to the section that asked the following questions and how do i respond to it.

1. what is the cost of the trip to you?
2. how much money do you have for this trip

if the two questions are not the same, please how do i respond to them thanks.

Let me attempt answering your questions to the best of the knowledge I have gained on this thread most especially from Justwise.

1. If you are sponsoring the trip, this is the cost of flight ticket, accommodation, feeding, local transport and any other thing you plan to do on your intended stay in the UK.
2. This amount can be the same as that in 1 above but it's better to add miscellaneous to it and make it more than 1.

In all, you have to consider these costs in the light of your monthly income after tax, monthly expenditure as well as your account balance in order to stand a good chance in securing your visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by pampem: 12:47pm On Mar 22, 2017
Hello peeps,

Am due to be in Uk in 10days. will appreciate info on any affordable hotel i can book with free cancellation which is closer to the Heathrow airport and attraction centres. not too sure of holiday inn. I need information please. help a sis.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by dcutey: 12:48pm On Mar 22, 2017
lilreese:
Can I apply for a visa to join my cousin who is a uk citizen.

Do you mean to join permanently or for a visit? Either way, anyone can apply for a visa. It's one thing to apply for a visa, it's another to obtain a visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by dcutey: 12:50pm On Mar 22, 2017
pampem:
Hello peeps,

Am due to be in Uk in 10days. will appreciate info on any affordable hotel i can book with free cancellation which is closer to the Heathrow airport and attraction centres. not too sure of holiday inn. I need information please. help a sis.

Sorry, I don't have the information you need. However, you can search on google while you wait for a response here.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by pampem: 1:23pm On Mar 22, 2017
[quote author=dcutey post=54834456]

Sorry, I don't have the information you need. However, you can search on google while you wait for a response here.[/quote

i have googled.. need info from anyone that has been there or used any
thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.