Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,622 members, 7,827,329 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (252) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1533885 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Solatium(m): 5:56pm On Jun 13, 2017
travelland:

What is not true, I'm saying I worked with VFS at Ajose Adeogun and Oregun Billings way, since 2007 March when the process commenced and some people even with payslips were refused for not submitting authentic tax clearance.

Do you know that I can get my company to print a made up payslips which isn't actually what I earn, but with a tax clearance the high commission has a way of verifying it? I've been trained by them Sir, I won't say more, you can continue giving your advice. I never quoted anyone and said what he or she said was wrong, I only gave my own information and I have been advising people with 100% success rate so continue Sir, I'm loyal. I never meant to interfere, is just that when I see people come back with refusal I am touched but ride on, you guys rule here.

@justwise @expotek. You are all right and this dude is also spot on, Tax deduction on payslip does not mean your company remit same,anyone can come up with figurea on any paper,but when you remit,whatever you remit for the remitted month will reflect on your TCC card issue by LASG. and that card can not be forged to the best of my knowledge,I have friends who are well granded in tax matter.....this guy is right

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:01pm On Jun 13, 2017
travelland:

What is not true, I'm saying I worked with VFS at Ajose Adeogun and Oregun Billings way, since 2007 March when the process commenced and some people even with payslips were refused for not submitting authentic tax clearance

Do you know that I can get my company to print a made up payslips which isn't actually what I earn, but with a tax clearance the high commission has a way of verifying it? , you can continue giving your advice. I never quoted anyone and said what he or she said was wrong, continue Sir, I'm loyal. I never meant to interfere, is just that when I see people come back with refusal I am touched but ride on, you guys rule here.

Let me just make one thing very clear here, in this particular issue you are misleading people, tax certificate/clearance is not needed as an employee, only self employed/business owners submit such documents for visa application.

Your employer don't pay you gross salary, they deduct the tax then you get net salary which is stated in your payslip, so the embassy don't need any tax document from you.

Refusal as a result of not submitting an authentic document is not the issue here.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:02pm On Jun 13, 2017
Solatium:

@justwise @expotek. You are all right and this dude is also spot on, Tax deduction on payslip does not mean your company remit same,anyone can come up with figurea on any paper,but when you remit,whatever you remit for the remitted month will reflect on your TCC card issue by LASG. and that card can not be forged to the best of my knowledge,I have friends who are well granded in tax matter. ....this guy is right

I'm sorry but this makes no sense.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:05pm On Jun 13, 2017
ogba4james:

@justwise, Ekpotek and others, God bless your good work..

please I need your response on this.. I submitted my visa application on the 23rd of May and got an email on 12 of June (14working days) stating that :

"Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible."

Please my question is that, how many more days will I still need to wait more?

Does it mean I will wait for another 15 working days or 3weeks or month?

Please who as received such email before and how many days did the decision finally came out?

Hope they won't delay and hold my passport up till July ooh ?

I am kind of bothered Becos I have an appointment with the USA embassy on the 11th of July for my masters program and I will be needing my passport to get my Visa.

Thanks and God bless

You just have to be patient and wait for them to finish the process, there is nothing you or anybody can do to make it faster.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:11pm On Jun 13, 2017
ekpotek:

Thanks @Justwise the OP should be bettter informed now with your clarifications on tax clearance certificate.

This is not actually an issue to be argued about as its very clear that the embassy will not refuse an applicant who is employed a visa because of tax paper. Your pay slip shows how much tax you have paid and all other details.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ishilove: 8:28pm On Jun 13, 2017
justwise:

This is deadly embarassed

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Solatium(m): 8:39pm On Jun 13, 2017
justwise:

It does not need to make sense to you,but it does make sense to those who are in it, ask around to know how many people always have their tax and pensions deducted from source monthly nut there are no evidence of remittance,they usually don't know these sharp practices until when they need a tax clearance or out of their job and wanting to access their pension.

@justwise,you need ti admit you don't know it all,there are one million and one things you don't know and you need ti admit and let go when people come up with superior argument backed by facts and figures..Shalom

7 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by travelland(f): 8:40pm On Jun 13, 2017
Solatium:

@justwise @expotek. You are all right and this dude is also spot on, Tax deduction on payslip does not mean your company remit same,anyone can come up with figurea on any paper,but when you remit,whatever you remit for the remitted month will reflect on your TCC card issue by LASG. and that card can not be forged to the best of my knowledge,I have friends who are well granded in tax matter.....this guy is right

My brother leave them, I don't need to argue with them, I have had first hand experience for years and I know what I'm saying but it seems they might not want any additional information as they know everything the high commission wants. Even when I said tax document makes one look like a good citizen and helps an applicant, they are still arguing, smh

4 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by travelland(f): 8:42pm On Jun 13, 2017
Solatium:

Spot on, perfect explanation.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by dcutey: 8:44pm On Jun 13, 2017
justwise:

This is not actually an issue to be argued about as its very clear that the embassy will not refuse an applicant who is employed a visa because of tax paper. Your pay slip shows how much tax you have paid and all other details.

Please do you mean we don't need to submit any evidence of tax payment before we can get a UK visa? Are you aware that a company could be deducting tax from one's gross and reflect it on the pay slip without remitting same to the government?

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Solatium(m): 8:45pm On Jun 13, 2017
travelland:

My brother leave them, I don't need to argue with them, I have had first hand experience for years and I know what I'm saying but it seems they might not want any additional information as they know everything the high commission wants. Even when I said tax document makes one look like a good citizen and helps an applicant, they are still arguing, smh

People have forgotten that the purpose of this forum is to crossferterlize ideas,no one knows it all,we all come here to learn one or two things,but when people came up with facts and explanation we do not need to shut them down,let's take time and listen to each other so that we won't mislead millions of people who have come here to learn as well

5 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by dcutey: 8:47pm On Jun 13, 2017
Solatium:

It does not need to make sense to you,but it does make sense to those who are in it, ask around to know how many people always have their tax and pensions deducted from source monthly nut there are no evidence of remittance,they usually don't know these sharp practices until when they need a tax clearance or out of their job and wanting to access their pension.

@justwise,you need ti admit you don't know it all,there are one million and one things you don't know and you need ti admit and let go when people come up with superior argument backed by facts and figures..Shalom

Every word of yours is absolutely spot on, no need for me to add anything.

4 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by dcutey: 9:05pm On Jun 13, 2017
justwise:

Let me just make one thing very clear here, in this particular issue you are misleading people, tax certificate/clearance is not needed as an employee, only self employed/business owners submit such documents for visa application.

Your employer don't pay you gross salary, they deduct the tax then you get net salary which is stated in your payslip, so the embassy don't need any tax document from you.

Refusal as a result of not submitting an authentic document is not the issue here.

Justwise, I'm so sorry I would have to disagree with the above statements for the benefit of others. I'm an employee and not only do I have my E-TCC card but also my E-TCC records since I started working and pension statement all of which I plan to submit at my appointment tomorrow.
I appreciate all your contributions, they have been very helpful.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by adams741: 9:11pm On Jun 13, 2017
ekpotek:

Contact your bank and request that your card be profile for international transactions. Or open a PayPal account and link your card to PayPal. You can also use Paga as suggested on this forum.

Thank you very much ekpotek for your swift replies.. I tried all I could to send them this mail buh it didn't work and because I was using my sister's gtb dollars account, it seems my sis does not have enough fund again in the acct that's why it's being declined.

Pls I really need to write them about my application, my application has taken over a month now, this is the sixth week and no decision is been made yet after receiving an email that my application has not been straightforward. Checks the link for tracking every seconds buh not recognized Im really scared

Pls can anybody help me with this? I only have normal naira acct and I will pay the person who will help me out in pounds black market conversion rate.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:28pm On Jun 13, 2017
dcutey:

Please do you mean we don't need to submit any evidence of tax payment before we can get a UK visa? Are you aware that a company could be deducting tax from one's gross and reflect it on the pay slip without remitting same to the government?

That is not embassy's business.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:32pm On Jun 13, 2017
Solatium:

You don't have any argument in this particular issue let a lone a supper one.

The embassy is not the Nigerian tax force, so whether your company remitted tax paid as an employee or not its not their business

5 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:36pm On Jun 13, 2017
travelland:

That is just false, you don't get a visa by being a good citizen or paying tax to Nigerian govt. You get a visa by meeting visa requirements and submitting tax paper as an employee is not a requirement.

4 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:38pm On Jun 13, 2017
dcutey:

Justwise, I'm so sorry I would have to disagree with the above statements for the benefit of others. I'm an employee and not only do I have my E-TCC card but also my E-TCC records since I started working and pension statement all of which I plan to submit at my appointment tomorrow.
I appreciate all your contributions, they have been very helpful.

That is not required, you are submitting it because you just want to and not because you are absolutely sure that its needed.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by GodandVal: 9:58pm On Jun 13, 2017
ori777:

Thanks for sharing. Please could you give an update on your experience at the embassy tomorrow? I'm planning to come from outside Lagos so I need information on time and requirements please. I opted for delivery since I'm out of Lagos but my travel date is close and coming over to pick it up seems like my best bet. Would appreciate your update.
God bless.

Thanks guys I got my visa. Went to the collection centre at Churchgate and entered at 10am. Picked up my passport.

These guys are scammers though, only because I was rushing to leave, would have asked them the services I paid for, the SMS and email updates, got nothing and yet I paid.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Solatium(m): 10:07pm On Jun 13, 2017
justwise:
[/b]

You don't have any argument in this particular issue let a lone a supper one.

The embassy is not the Nigerian tax force, so whether your company remitted tax paid as an employee or not its not their business

Whose business does it becomes when you presented a pay slip that indicated your tax was deducted and you are ask to provide a tax clearance that you can't get or you were given a fake one which earn you a ban at the long run?

You do not need yo resort to bully here,eat the humble pie,admit you don't know all rather than keep contradicting yourself

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:10pm On Jun 13, 2017
Solatium:

Whose business does it becomes when you presented a pay slip that indicated your tax was deducted and you are ask to provide a tax clearance that you can't get or you were given a fake one which earn you a ban at the long run?

You do not need yo resort to bully here,eat the humble pie,admit you don't know all rather than keep contradicting yourself

How did i bully you?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Solatium(m): 10:23pm On Jun 13, 2017
[b][/b]You don't have any argument in this particular issue let a lone a supper one.

Your Above quoted response is a perfect example of a statement that want to bully other into submission.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Sandyzubby: 10:25pm On Jun 13, 2017
ekpotek:

Okay. The ECO will judge your application majorly on your finances which in turn is tied to your job. So what will be your bank balance when you apply? Prepare a list of places of interest you intends to visit and shop.
Ok I have the list already my salary is #318,500
My flight,hotel n BTA #1,160,000. My balance will be #3,454,000
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:36pm On Jun 13, 2017
Solatium:
[b][/b]You don't have any argument in this particular issue let a lone a supper one.

Your Above quoted response is a perfect example of a statement that want to bully other into submission.

You called that bullying? You really have other issues worrying you definitely not the quoted section of my post.

I'm just used to those pity-line of argument each time people ran out of what to say, the next is..''you don't know it all. you can't bully me'' bla bla bla.

I'm done with you on this issue for now.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Sandyzubby: 10:41pm On Jun 13, 2017
amehrada:
Had an appointment today at their Churchgate tower 2 in VI and I went there with two passports but none was taken from me. Infact, all the documents I submitted was scanned and returned to me after everything b4 heading for my biometric. The only thing that was taken from was my passport and first page of the application printout.
Goodevening,pls is dis your first time to apply.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by dcutey: 10:57pm On Jun 13, 2017
Justwise, Solatium, Ekpotek and travelland, thanks for all your responses and arguments, they make us all learn. I think we all are stating the same thing but in different ways, please let's just move on. I'll continue to learn from you all.

4 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by amehrada: 6:58am On Jun 14, 2017
Sandyzubby:

Goodevening,pls is dis your first time to apply.
Yes
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 7:38am On Jun 14, 2017
Sandyzubby:

Ok I have the list already my salary is #318,500
My flight,hotel n BTA #1,160,000. My balance will be #3,454,000

That is a healthy balance, which can be explained by your salary if you're a very good saver. However, ensure that there is no unexplainable large deposit in your 6 months bank statement. If there is, point it out to ECO and briefly explain what the lodgement is for - wedding expenses. Good luck.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 7:55am On Jun 14, 2017
dcutey:
Justwise, Solatium, Ekpotek and travelland, thanks for all your responses and arguments, they make us all learn. I think we all are stating the same thing but in different ways, please let's just move on. I'll continue to learn from you all.

I agree with you @dcutey. Let's move on. Opinions and comments on this forums have helped many of us. However we should be able to acknowledged the wealth of experience of the gurus like @Justwise (an administrator and initiator of this thread) when they stepped in to clarify an issue. We all know that the requirements for a visit visa are clearly stated on the UKIV websites. We only came here to get tips on how to package our documents to convince the ECO. In my years of applying for a UK visit visa I have had 2 refusals and 5 approvals since 2011 of which the current is a 5 year visa. So it is reasonable enough for me to be experienced in this matter. Good luck in your application.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by blank(f): 8:36am On Jun 14, 2017
Tax cards? Really. First I'm hearing of this for employees. At what point will they call for tax cards? So, if your company does not remit your tax, UK will deny you visa? Sounds ludicrous.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.