Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,909 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:10 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (255) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1525896 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by dohyn(m): 7:57pm On Jun 16, 2017
adeptonlin:

Hi bro, please like how much is the balance on your account statement when you applied?

A little over a million. My salary is paid into my account and I built it up gradually over the years.I'm sponsoring myself though the person I'll stay with also sent his bank balance to me.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by adeptonlin(m): 8:03pm On Jun 16, 2017
dohyn:

A little over a million. My salary is paid into my account and I built it up gradually over the years.I'm sponsoring myself though the person I'll stay with also sent his bank balance to me.
Thanks bro!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Austine2020: 1:24am On Jun 17, 2017
uniquelady99:

I really don't know, it should work both during working and non working hours. has it been long she had her biometrics? cross check if her GWF reference number is correct, if it doesn't work again and you are really eager to know her application status, you can go to their embassy and ask them, they will be able to tell you the status of her application.
My Wife submitted and did her biometrics on 23rd May,.I just checked now with her GWF number and i saw "Decided", furthermore it says that the status has been updated on 13th of june,.The decision has been posted to you,you should receive this within 10 working days. We cannot discuss the decision online or by phone.The order of the status is open, Awaiting a decision and decided. If you dont receive your decision within 10 working days, you can phone us and we can look into this for you. Pls do you or anyone knows what they meant by this?, she is a regular traveler to Germany since 2009(6 Schengen visas) and US(2 US Visas) with one still valid till next year. But this is the first time she is applying for UK visa,We dont know how it works with UK Visa application,.thats why i am asking.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ori777: 8:13am On Jun 17, 2017
GodandVal:

Thanks guys I got my visa. Went to the collection centre at Churchgate and entered at 10am. Picked up my passport.

These guys are scammers though, only because I was rushing to leave, would have asked them the services I paid for, the SMS and email updates, got nothing and yet I paid.
Thanks to everyone that gave insight into tracking on the uk.gov site. I checked and got the message that a decision had even made on June 8......
As ticket costs were going higher, I needed my passport fast so I took your advices and went to the VAC Ikeja - it wasnt there and then to Walter Carrington. I got there after 12 but they helped as I came from outside Lagos. They eventually gave me the passport. Thanks to God for all the information I found here that helped me stand my ground that my passport was ready.

I appreciate you all. Thanks

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tmoneyluvsu: 8:48am On Jun 17, 2017
Good morning my people
I heard UK center in Victoria island now charge extra fees, how much exactly is it?
And I plan to visit the UK for Xmas and New Year, when is the best time to apply, as I've seen a requirement that says not more than three months from the day you're planning to travel, thank for your helpful responses.
PLS RESPOND!

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 10:40am On Jun 17, 2017
ogba4james:
Please, justwise, Ekpotek, and other good people..
God bless u for your good work..

Please I need the UKVI links and other useful links to track my UK application..

I notice people are checking with their GW details and seeing dates which decision was made..

Please any good person should post the links

Thanks and God bless

https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/app/visa_application/displayvisastatus
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ladylco: 12:24pm On Jun 17, 2017
Please who has recently applied for 2 years uk visa and how much was the application fees?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Dy2005: 3:16pm On Jun 17, 2017
Good day my ppl,you guys have been doing a great job.

i need ur help .My family ....Baby ,husband and i want to travel for summer.I have 5years ,our boy have a blue passport .. now hubby doesn't and want to apply for Visa. We are filling the financial part but abit confused . My question here is ...Please on this part they asked how much does he have for the trip.....Will he calculate the total ticket,hotel ,transport for 3 of us or just him own? Bacause they asked him if he is traveling with someone and he said yes and filled in our details.(for example ,In all my visas after first refusal on financial i use the total of accomodation maybe100,living expenses 120 and ticket 200 to get my cost personally for the trip 420and total amount i have for the trip 420 the two question same amount and i have never been wrong ).Please advise if he should put total of his or for 3 of us?

2)on the uploading of documents how do we do that because we have alot to submitted eg landed property n others to prove that we have ties back home....previously when am applying ,i usually submitted documents on my appointment day not online. Please advise on current policy biko so we get prepared and if we can add pictures ?

3)my husband's additional information i want to stated that we have valid visa and attached my visa page ,other country valid visas,marriage certificate and change of name cos i got my 5yrs visa when i was single. then for my baby data page of his blue passport and birth certificate ...Is it ok or i need to add or remove ?

4)He said in his form that his going with baby and i wife how much should he have in the account and also hope he can use joint account cos that is were he save money?

Please help advise i dont mind plenty advise am very sure someone here will get information from this too ..Chukwu gozie unu.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by drgodson: 3:58pm On Jun 17, 2017
Good afternoon everyone!
First and foremost i've to commend you all for thr great job y'all are doing on here.

I applied for my EEA family permit (spouse visa) and was refused for the reasons as attached.
A short story of my family n how we got here.
She's based in d UK, she came to Nigeria in 2014(november), we met then started dating officially. Prior to this time, we've been communicating via whatsapp,bbm,skype for about 8months.
Her subsequent visits were July 2015, Jan 2016 and we had our court marriage in September 2016 and our trad n white wedding in April 2017.

Documents submitted include ;
1. My passport
2. TB certificate
3. Marriage certificate
4. Wedding pictures x4
5. Spouse's ID card
6. Letter of employment
7. Pay slips
8. Mortgage (home) contract
9. Boarding pass x1
10. Consent letters from both fathers
11. Lawyers cover letter
12. Confirmation letter from spouse's workplace
13. Bank statements (spouse's)
14. Old passport with Ukrainian stamps
15. Chat history from BBM & whatsapp BTW 2015 and 16.

Steps taken so far before my next application;
1. All Boarding passes and stamps in n out of Nigeria corresponding to dates of her visits.
2. More pictures including wedding pics x30
3. Screen shots x3 of each month BTW Jan and June 2017.

Please my pipo, do I stand a good chance now? Kindly advice me on what more to do if need be. Thanks alot.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:02pm On Jun 17, 2017
Dy2005:
Good day my ppl,you guys have been doing a great job.

i need ur help .My family ....Baby ,husband and i want to travel for summer.I have 5years ,our boy have a blue passport .. now hubby doesn't and want to apply for Visa. We are filling the financial part but abit confused . My question here is ...Please on this part they asked how much does he have for the trip.....Will he calculate the total ticket,hotel ,transport for 3 of us or just him own? Bacause they asked him if he is traveling with someone and he said yes and filled in our details.(for example ,In all my visas after first refusal on financial i use the total of accomodation maybe100,living expenses 120 and ticket 200 to get my cost personally for the trip 420and total amount i have for the trip 420 the two question same amount and i have never been wrong ).Please advise if he should put total of his or for 3 of us?

2)on the uploading of documents how do we do that because we have alot to submitted eg landed property n others to prove that we have ties back home....previously when am applying ,i usually submitted documents on my appointment day not online. Please advise on current policy biko so we get prepared and if we can add pictures ?

3)my husband's additional information i want to stated that we have valid visa and attached my visa page ,other country valid visas,marriage certificate and change of name cos i got my 5yrs visa when i was single. then for my baby data page of his blue passport and birth certificate ...Is it ok or i need to add or remove ?

4)He said in his form that his going with baby and i wife how much should he have in the account and also hope he can use joint account cos that is were he save money?

Please help advise i dont mind plenty advise am very sure someone here will get information from this too ..Chukwu gozie unu.

1.Yes

2. You will take all the documents to visa centre on your appointment day to be scanned and the original will be given back to you, apparently they have stopped online document uploading.

3. There is nothing wrong with stating all that.

4. He has to do the budget to know how much the trip will cost then that will give him an idea of how much he needs to have for the trip. There is no specific amount without calculating the cost of the trip first.

Yes you can use joined account supported by documents to proof the source of your income...salary account and payslips(6months each) or business account with current/savings account, business registration papers and tax certificate.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by graceode: 6:08pm On Jun 17, 2017
Good afternoon Justwise, Ekpotek and all other gurus in the house. I have a friend we met in Wolverhampton when I was a student. She remained in the UK as Tier 2 general visa holder after our graduation. She came back to Nigeria few days before his visa expired. She is working in Nigeria but just got a charity job in the UK. Her fear now is this : She concerned wheather her visa application for charity job in the UK will be refused because she was once a tier 2 visa holder with salaried job and charity is a voluneering job role with little or no pay. Please advise.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:12pm On Jun 17, 2017
drgodson:
Good afternoon everyone!
First and foremost i've to commend you all for thr great job y'all are doing on here.

I applied for my EEA family permit (spouse visa) and was refused for the reasons as attached.
A short story of my family n how we got here.
She's based in d UK, she came to Nigeria in 2014(november), we met then started dating officially. Prior to this time, we've been communicating via whatsapp,bbm,skype for about 8months.
Her subsequent visits were July 2015, Jan 2016 and we had our court marriage in September 2016 and our trad n white wedding in April 2017.

Documents submitted include ;
1. My passport
2. TB certificate
3. Marriage certificate
4. Wedding pictures x4
5. Spouse's ID card
6. Letter of employment
7. Pay slips
8. Mortgage (home) contract
9. Boarding pass x1
10. Consent letters from both fathers
11. Lawyers cover letter
12. Confirmation letter from spouse's workplace
13. Bank statements (spouse's)
14. Old passport with Ukrainian stamps
15. Chat history from BBM & whatsapp BTW 2015 and 16.

Steps taken so far before my next application;
1. All Boarding passes and stamps in n out of Nigeria corresponding to dates of her visits.
2. More pictures including wedding pics x30
3. Screen shots x3 of each month BTW Jan and June 2017.

Please my pipo, do I stand a good chance now? Kindly advice me on what more to do if need be. Thanks alot.

You did not submit enough evidence to convince the ECO that your marriage is genuine, you claimed that he visited you in Nigeria 5times but you only submitted one boarding pass, what happened to the rest?

4 wedding pictures alone is far too little, did you not take pictures during those visit to Nigeria?

Your chat history you submitted again is not convincing, for a relationship that lasted for 3yrs you should have pages and pages of chat/calls history.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:17pm On Jun 17, 2017
graceode:
Good afternoon Justwise, Ekpotek and all other gurus in the house. I have a friend we met in Wolverhampton when I was a student. She remained in the UK as Tier 2 general visa holder after our graduation. She came back to Nigeria few days before his visa expired. She is working in Nigeria but just got a charity job in the UK. Her fear now is this : She concerned wheather her visa application for charity job in the UK will be refused because she was once a tier 2 visa holder with salaried job and charity is a voluneering job role with little or no pay. Please advise.

That should worry her most,

1.Is she resigning her job in Nigeria to take up the Charity job?

2. Is the charity a local one or an international organization?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Austine2020: 7:39pm On Jun 17, 2017
@Justwise, help me explain this nah?Pls
Austine2020:
My Wife submitted and did her biometrics on 23rd May,.I just checked now with her GWF number and i saw "Decided", furthermore it says that the status has been updated on 13th of june,.The decision has been posted to you,you should receive this within 10 working days. We cannot discuss the decision online or by phone.The order of the status is open, Awaiting a decision and decided. If you dont receive your decision within 10 working days, you can phone us and we can look into this for you. Pls do you or anyone knows what they meant by this?, she is a regular traveler to Germany since 2009(6 Schengen visas) and US(2 US Visas) with one still valid till next year. But this is the first time she is applying for UK visa,We dont know how it works with UK Visa application,.thats why i am asking.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by graceode: 8:15pm On Jun 17, 2017
I don't think she will resign her job because she is just going for a year. She is going as an evangelist to work for a church. She is just concerned wheather her visa will be granted. Her sponsor is A- rated
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:35pm On Jun 17, 2017
Austine2020:

They have made a decision on her application and send it back to Nigeria and your wife will be contacted to collect her package within 10 working days.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:38pm On Jun 17, 2017
graceode:
I don't think she will resign her job because she is just going for a year. She is going as an evangelist to work for a church. She is just concerned wheather her visa will be granted. Her sponsor is A- rated

Is she currently working as an evangelist or in the church? If no, how will she convince the ECO that she will be leaving her job for a year for church program?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by graceode: 9:26pm On Jun 17, 2017
She Is not working as an evangelist. But she is an evangelist in her church and attended school of evangelism. She likes working for God since I knw her. Her main concern is if the visa will be granted because she once had tier 2 leave. She is not being paid in her church in Nigeria for being an evangelist but doing it voluntarily and she do go to mission fields even prisons to evangelise.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Austine2020: 11:45pm On Jun 17, 2017
justwise:

They have made a decision on her application and send it back to Nigeria and your wife will be contacted to collect her package within 10 working days.
Ok,thanks.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Dy2005: 1:00am On Jun 18, 2017
@justwise thanks always .....Will calculate and get back to you for further advise.oshe!

justwise:

1.Yes

2. You will take all the documents to visa centre on your appointment day to be scanned and the original will be given back to you, apparently they have stopped online document uploading.

3. There is nothing wrong with stating all that.

4. He has to do the budget to know how much the trip will cost then that will give him an idea of how much he needs to have for the trip. There is no specific amount without calculating the cost of the trip first.

Yes you can use joined account supported by documents to proof the source of your income...salary account and payslips(6months each) or business account with current/savings account, business registration papers and tax certificate.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ori777: 1:13am On Jun 18, 2017
Austine2020:
If the travel date is close, I will advise you go to the high commission on Walter Carrington with your slip before 12pm to retrieve the passport. A few people have said their passports were not at the VAC for pick up after the 10 days and we're able to retrieve from the high commission.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by drgodson: 2:29am On Jun 18, 2017
justwise:

You did not submit enough evidence to convince the ECO that your marriage is genuine, you claimed that he visited you in Nigeria 5times but you only submitted one boarding pass, what happened to the rest?

4 wedding pictures alone is far too little, did you not take pictures during those visit to Nigeria?

Your chat history you submitted again is not convincing, for a relationship that lasted for 3yrs you should have pages and pages of chat/calls history.

Thanks a lot justwise. I really do appreciate.

Retrieving a chat history of 2014 is a big challenge atm, be it on BBM or whatsapp and same for call logs, this is primarily due to misplaced, spoilt or lost phones, moreso 3yrs is a long time.
what would you suggest we do in this case? We are thinking of writing a cover letter to explain this.
Again, would you advise we wait a month or 2 before reapplying as we don't want to appear too desperate.
Will EEA family permit benefit from a Priority service?
From your wealth of experience, how many pictures can u suggest cuz i'v got over a 100?
Asides boarding passes, we've decided to add immigration stamps (on arrival and exit from Nigeria) + e-ticket.

Your prompt response would be highly appreciated.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by graceode: 7:11am On Jun 18, 2017
Good morning Justwise. Please respond. She want to know if thd visa will be granted considering thd fact that she once worked on a salaried job in the UK. She said her employer here is ready to give her a year leave because the owner of the company is her cousin. Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:13am On Jun 18, 2017
graceode:
Good morning Justwise. Please respond. She want to know if thd visa will be granted considering thd fact that she once worked on a salaried job in the UK. She said her employer here is ready to give her a year leave because the owner of the company is her cousin. Thanks.

Nobody can honestly tell you if you will be granted a visa or not even the ECO until you make the application.

Working in the UK on tier 2 visa legitimately is not against the immigration law, that can only give her an advantage.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:31am On Jun 18, 2017
drgodson:

Retrieving a chat history of 2014 is a big challenge atm, be it on BBM or whatsapp and same for call logs, this is primarily due to misplaced, spoilt or lost phones, moreso 3yrs is a long time.
what would you suggest we do in this case? We are thinking of writing a cover letter to explain this.
Again, would you advise we wait a month or 2 before reapplying as we don't want to appear too desperate.
From your wealth of experience, how many pictures can u suggest cuz i'v got over a 100?
Asides boarding passes, we've decided to add immigration stamps (on arrival and exit from Nigeria) + e-ticket.

You don't copy chat history and paste on word document then print ,that will not accepted by the embassy, you use an app to download the chat history then print it. That will contain details like time, date and year the chat took place.

Yes you can explain that in a cover letter but make an effort first to downloadn chat history.

You can reapply any time you have those documents ready you don't have to wait days or weeks.

You have over 100 pictures but you submitted only 4? Hmmm, well select pictures from each visit to Nigeria, wedding/ traditional pictures with family, friends and personal ones. 10 to 15 pictures will do
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 10:25am On Jun 18, 2017
justwise:

You don't copy chat history and paste on word document then print ,that will not accepted by the embassy, you use an app to download the chat history then print it. That will contain details like time, date and year the chat took place.

Yes you can explain that in a cover letter but make an effort first to downloadn chat history.

You can reapply any time you have those documents ready you don't have to wait days or weeks.

You have over 100 pictures but you submitted only 4? Hmmm, well select pictures from each visit to Nigeria, wedding/ traditional pictures with family, friends and personal ones. 10 to 15 pictures will do

Justwise is right, EEA family visit visa, is determined under EU immigration laws and may lead to 5 year residence permit within 6 months of arrival in the UK. Therefore you must include every bits of evidences to substantiate the relationship. If you can include the 100 pictures, go ahead. Look for every bits of evidences that shows progress in the relationship from first meeting, to courtship and marriage with time stamps. As he been sending money, gifts etc to you? Include evidences of bank transaction, receipts. You can reapply when you have overwhelming evidences to convince the ECO that relationship is genuine.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Austine2020: 3:52pm On Jun 18, 2017
ori777:

If the travel date is close, I will advise you go to the high commission on Walter Carrington with your slip before 12pm to retrieve the passport. A few people have said their passports were not at the VAC for pick up after the 10 days and we're able to retrieve from the high commission.
Thanks, Her travel date is still next month, We live in the east and she paid DHL to deliver it for her in the east. But i dont know how long it will take DHL to deliver it. If it takes too much time,then she can go back to lagos to check.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by TWoods(m): 4:33pm On Jun 18, 2017
drgodson:

Huh? You've misplaced, spoilt and lost that many phones in 3 years? Also in this age of smart phones, its easy to back up your phone (infact apple allows you to do this automatically and you can actually retrieve your chat logs on the internet!) from one to another. I have been able to maintain the same contacts list and chat logs for more than 5 years now. I can see why the officer is leery of your claims.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by uptown17: 7:48pm On Jun 18, 2017
drgodson:

have you maintained the same mobile line all through those years? how about you approach ur service provider to get your call logs if you both have been calling via your direct lines
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by uptown17: 8:03pm On Jun 18, 2017
house please help with my questions

my mum wants to apply for UK visa. she has a registered business (1994) but she doesnt maintain an account in the business name nor was she filing tax returns. In the past 1 year she does little/no trading in the business name. we intend travelling together, i have a running visa from years baq. her husband is late

1. do i claim she is into her business and submit her personal bank stmt with no tax returns OR
2. do i just say she is retired and be her sponsor? if so. should i include her bank stmt alongside mine still or mine alone will suffice?
3. for proof of ties, will her landed documents suffice?

Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.