Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,208 members, 7,818,705 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (319) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1530198 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Solatium(m): 6:12pm On Aug 29, 2017
ekpotek:

The OP should make effort to clear the backlog of his tax evasion or else he should forget about UK visa application for now.

He might not be able to clear that as this might be a hefty sum for him to pay,For instance if he start his business say about 5yrs ago for argument purposes,he will have to pay 5% of his turn over in that 5yrs, let's assume the turn over is #50 million,it means he will pay #2.5 in taxes for those periods before they can now allow him to start on a clean note.

Company Tax clearance is just for added value when making visa application,it is not cast in concrete that he must present one,though advisable,let him try out and give us a feedback,who knows he might get it
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 6:12pm On Aug 29, 2017
I didnt remember saying I have not been paying tax or that i plan to evade it. I just asked if UK visa can be approved without the tax clearance. I know people get canadian visa without it and just want to confirm if its like that with UK.
ekpotek:

The OP should make effort to clear the backlog of his tax evasion or else he should forget about UK visa application for now.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 6:30pm On Aug 29, 2017
MOTHER INLAW VISA APPL TIMELINE

07.08.17... Biometrics
08.08.17... UKVI received Appl docs
19.08.17... Sheffield confirmed Appl was being prepared for consideration by an ECO
21.08.17... Call from ECO assistant (I am the UK sponsor)
23.08.17... DECIDED on UKVI
28.08.17... Decision mail from TLS @9:32am
28.08.17... Collection mail from TLS @4:20pm
29.08.17... Passport collected with 6 months visit visa.

Note:
First time 'standard' application for Mother Inlaw with full sponsorship; application form stated two months visit.

Special thanks to Sir Ekpotek, Sir Justwise + every other person that contributed and still contributes to this forum... smiley

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 6:52pm On Aug 29, 2017
How come your standard application was so fast when my july 17 standard no get any info
Brightingsus:

07.08.17... Biometrics
19.08.17... Sheffield confirmed Appl was being prepared for consideration by an ECO

Note:
First time 'standard' application for Mother Inlaw with full sponsorship; application form stated two months visit.

Special thanks to Sir Ekpotek, Sir Justwise + every other person that contributed and still contributes to this forum... smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 7:27pm On Aug 29, 2017
Hi guys,
Can I use a bank statement with july 18 as closing date for an application am submitting first week of September ?

Thanks for quick responses
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 7:42pm On Aug 29, 2017
eyilore2014:
I didnt remember saying I have not been paying tax or that i plan to evade it. I just asked if UK visa can be approved without the tax clearance. I know people get canadian visa without it and just want to confirm if its like that with UK.

Okay, Sorry I misunderstood your post. Anyway, Note that UK visa processing rely heavily on the documents you submitted. Ask yourself what will the ECO says if you provided company documents and a company bank account balance of 10M without tax clearance. Pls check the UKVI website for list of documents require for visit visa!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Solatium(m): 7:46pm On Aug 29, 2017
KemBee86:
Hi guys,
Can I use a bank statement with july 18 as closing date for an application am submitting first week of September ?

Thanks for quick responses

Capital No

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 7:47pm On Aug 29, 2017
Brightingsus:

07.08.17... Biometrics

Note:

Congratulations to your mother in law. Patience and due diligence counts. Please continue to contribute to this thread to assist other applicants. Let us know when the name ceremony will take place. I may drop by if I am still in the UK!!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by AbdulKola: 8:06pm On Aug 29, 2017
Monthly salary of 100k and want to visit wife and kid in the uk as kid Nigerian passport (with British passport though) is being delayed for how how many months now. I can transfer upto 500k in my account from a business though buh the biz not in my name. Wife not yet working but living on child benefit and others.. what is my chances of getting a uk visit visa if I apply. I will have all necessary letter from work to back it up that am on leave and my recent promotion letter to manager with more increment soon even. Please advise,,, thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 8:12pm On Aug 29, 2017
Thanks for your response. Should I go ahead and apply with only the coy account, tax clearance and other docs or i should build a personal account by transferring money from my coy account monthly as salary to my personal account for 4months before applying? .
ekpotek:

Okay, Sorry I misunderstood your post. Anyway, Note that UK visa processing rely heavily on the documents you submitted. Ask yourself what will the ECO says if you provided company documents and a company bank account balance of 10M without tax clearance. Pls check the UKVI website for list of documents require for visit visa!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ademidun1: 8:15pm On Aug 29, 2017
ekpotek:

Nigerian immigration
I'm grateful. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 8:39pm On Aug 29, 2017
AbdulKola:
Monthly salary of 100k and want to visit wife and kid in the uk as kid Nigerian passport (with British passport though) is being delayed for how how many months now. I can transfer upto 500k in my account from a business though buh the biz not in my name. Wife not yet working but living on child benefit and others.. what is my chances of getting a uk visit visa if I apply. I will have all necessary letter from work to back it up that am on leave and my recent promotion letter to manager with more increment soon even. Please advise,,, thanks

Moving funds into your account from some business not in your name is risky as you can't give a befitting explanation for this.
If you are planning to stay with your wife in the UK, then it is an automatic refusal as your wife is relying on public funds. I don't think this is the right time to apply...

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mokikeoj: 9:51pm On Aug 29, 2017
Hope you were able to get it today?
ddonsly:
Nothing yet ooo.. If I wait till afternoon tomorrow and still nothing yet, I'll have to check the application centre again.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Event20: 12:26am On Aug 30, 2017
Hi everyone, I need some advice. I'm traveling to UK to join my father on a family reunion visa, will i experience any shortcomings if I use a one way ticket. Many thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 4:12am On Aug 30, 2017
eyilore2014:
Thanks for your response. Should I go ahead and apply with only the coy account, tax clearance and other docs or i should build a personal account by transferring money from my coy account monthly as salary to my personal account for 4months before applying? .

You may wish to try. However you must have documents to convince the ECO on the following

1. How does your company operate?
2. How do you make profit?
3. What % of your profit goes to home keeping and family expenses?
4. Do you have employee? How many? Are they on salary? Who would manage the company in your absence?
5. Do you have 6 months of receipts of purchases and sales? Payments for services? Book keeping documents?
6. How is payment made into your company bank account? Copies of Cheques? Bank transfers?
7. Letter from other shareholder authorizing you to use company funds for vacation.
8. Wife documentation eg marriage certificate, change of name, if wife is workiing, letter of introduction, payslips, bank statement, etc. If wife is into business same documentation as hubby.
9. Kid birth certificate
10. Proof of properties/residence eg NEPA bill

If you have documentation to back these up, go ahead. If not, you may start thinking of separating your business acccount from personal account.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 4:13am On Aug 30, 2017
Event20:
Hi everyone, I need some advice. I'm traveling to UK to join my father on a family reunion visa, will i experience any shortcomings if I use a one way ticket. Many thanks.

Depend on the type of visa stamp you have.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 4:20am On Aug 30, 2017
AbdulKola:

Dude you cannot visit your family living on benefit�
You will not be able to convince the ECO that you can support yourself and would not recourse to public fund as your family is already on public fund. Wait till they exit benefit before applying.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kinematicguy: 7:31am On Aug 30, 2017
mokikeoj:
https://www.gov.uk/cancel-visa thats the link to escalate withdrawals. I suggest you call the number there ASAP. You should also go to the TLS centre you did your biometrics to fill the withdrawal form. Thats what i did. quote author=kinematicguy post=59853391]ddonsly- can you please point me on the stages and processes you used to escalate and withdraw. Especially, the fact that you're now getting your passport within 2 days. I need to get my passport unfailing next week as I have another intending travel urgently.

Note: I did my biometric at TLS since July 10th and Sheffield got it since 19th of July.

Many thanks.

Thank you. I went to TLS to withdraw my passport yesterday. I didn't get any mail. Hopefully, I will be asked to come get it today.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Event20: 7:54am On Aug 30, 2017
ekpotek:

Depend on the type of visa stamp you have.
What do you mean by " type of visa stamp you have". As I had said its a family reunion visa stamp.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 8:23am On Aug 30, 2017
Event20:

What do you mean by " type of visa stamp you have".
As I had said its a family reunion visa stamp.

Never heard of a UK family reunion visa. It is either visitor visa, work visa, study visa, entrepreneurship/investor visa or dependent visa. Only the visitor visa require a return airline ticket. Hope this help.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:42am On Aug 30, 2017
Brightingsus:

07.08.17... Biometrics

Note:

Congratulations!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by oloolo: 10:00am On Aug 30, 2017
Brightingsus:

07.08.17... Biometrics

Note:

Pls could you take us through your documentation maybe there are things we could learn from it.....I know all situations are different but we could learn.

How old was she.
Did she a good bank statement or was she working.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Event20: 10:05am On Aug 30, 2017
ekpotek:

Never heard of a UK family reunion visa. It is either visitor visa, work visa, study visa, entrepreneurship/investor visa or dependent visa. Only the visitor visa require a return airline ticket. Hope this help.
Thanks for the help, and its a dependent visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 10:18am On Aug 30, 2017
Event20:

Thanks for the help, and its a dependent visa.

Okay. Trouble is convincing the airline to carry you. Most airlines flying from Nigeria will still demand a return ticket for a dependent visa. You will need to be prepared to argue this out, or they will not allow you to board. So I suggest that you check first with your preferred airline before going ahead to buy a one-way ticket. Cheers
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 10:59am On Aug 30, 2017
oloolo:

Pls could you take us through your documentation maybe there are things we could learn from it.....I know all situations are different but we could learn.

How old was she.
Did she a good bank statement or was she working.

Age is 64. Bank statement had a closing balance of roughly 150k naira. She has never been in employment as she's supported by family. No pension or anything like that. I explained everything that defines her circumstances. If you have more specific questions I am always here.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kayzuz: 11:05am On Aug 30, 2017
Hello All,

Please I have decided to contact UKVI by phone to demand they make a decision on my application and return my passport.
I applied with my mum and sister whom have collected their passport with their visa and the already booked their flight. Bcosz of me they had to postpone, as today was suppose to be our travelling date. why do UKVI hold on to people's pp without making a decision, mostly for a visit visa? I mean it is just a visit for crying out loud, nothing so serious. If they are not convince on giving a visa, they should just refuse with reason in reasonable time. Coz I dont know why you will hold someone's pp for a tourist visa, not like I wanna go visit my ancestor o or my family, just tourist. And not like I wrote on my form I must visit, dont know why they are holding my pp hostage. This UKVI really need to chill on this atitude o. I will never go to their front again for a visa, If not that I will not be able to get my money back, I would have just withdrawn the application. But becoz they wont refund, I cannot let my money go like that, them go do the work wey I pay them to do. I will tell them blantly on the phone that I do not care whether you are investigating shit or not, make a decision right now, either you approve or refuse, just decide and return my pp before next week runs out. RUBBISH
sORRY ALL O, that I am lamenting here, I just need to vent somewhere.
My question is like how much recharge card should I buy, to call them on the phone that will be enough to speak their head off.

4 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mokikeoj: 11:57am On Aug 30, 2017
I feel your pain bro. However your call will be picked by their contact centre agent who can only escalate and not resolve the issue. I tire for them too. i feel the process is too long.
kayzuz:
Hello All,

Please I have decided to contact UKVI by phone to demand they make a decision on my application and return my passport.
I applied with my mum and sister whom have collected their passport with their visa and the already booked their flight. Bcosz of me they had to postpone, as today was suppose to be our travelling date. why do UKVI hold on to people's pp without making a decision, mostly for a visit visa? I mean it is just a visit for crying out loud, nothing so serious. If they are not convince on giving a visa, they should just refuse with reason in reasonable time. Coz I dont know why you will hold someone's pp for a tourist visa, not like I wanna go visit my ancestor o or my family, just tourist. And not like I wrote on my form I must visit, dont know why they are holding my pp hostage. This UKVI really need to chill on this atitude o. I will never go to their front again for a visa, If not that I will not be able to get my money back, I would have just withdrawn the application. But becoz they wont refund, I cannot let my money go like that, them go do the work wey I pay them to do. I will tell them blantly on the phone that I do not care whether you are investigating shit or not, make a decision right now, either you approve or refuse, just decide and return my pp before next week runs out. RUBBISH
My question is like how much recharge card should I buy, to call them on the phone that will be enough to speak their head off.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 12:01pm On Aug 30, 2017
You shouldn't be too worried cos some pl applied beforr u and have not gotten decision mine was July 17 for my wife and child no decision i want to wait till its 60 days then i will call them out whether na heaven visa dem won give me dem go hear para
kayzuz:
Hello All,

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ddonsly: 12:41pm On Aug 30, 2017
I finally picked it up this morning. So glad to have my passport back but at the same time sad to have had to withdraw my application due to the delay.

mokikeoj:
Hope you were able to get it today?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mokikeoj: 12:44pm On Aug 30, 2017
Congrats!!! You can now travel elsewhere with your passport. Did they send you a mail before you went. They told me mine should be ready after 72 hours but I have not received any mail from them.
ddonsly:
I finally picked it up this morning. So glad to have my passport back but at the same time sad to have had to withdraw my application due to the delay.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mokikeoj: 12:47pm On Aug 30, 2017
Tls told me 72 hours and not UKVI
mokikeoj:
Congrats!!! You can now travel elsewhere with your passport. Did they send you a mail before you went. They told me mine should be ready after 72 hours but I have not received any mail from them.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Kalabariprinces: 1:23pm On Aug 30, 2017
Just received decision made email from TLS after 21 working days!
We await the couriers arrival! We pray for a good outcome!
This wait is real Wa!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.