Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,806 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:50 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (320) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1530375 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by amehrada: 1:26pm On Aug 30, 2017
Picked up my passport from dhl today (did biometrics June 12) and I was refused. My refusal to the best of my knowledge was based on me not been able to prove my relationship with my dad, stepmother and brother. Well, I intend to apply again next year, so please people I need your help in treating the reason for this refusal

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by naijarazzi: 1:38pm On Aug 30, 2017
amehrada:
Picked up my passport from dhl today (did biometrics June 12) and I was refused. My refusal to the best of my knowledge was based on me not been able to prove my relationship with my dad, stepmother and brother. Well, I intend to apply again next year, so please people I need your help in treating the reason for this refusal
sorry about that bro. In your next application, include photos u took them (preferably old photos), include your birth certificate stating ur dad's name as father. I think you should be fine
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 1:49pm On Aug 30, 2017
amehrada:

We are not quite clear on what you submitted, so it would be hard getting a constructive advice.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by oloolo: 2:01pm On Aug 30, 2017
Please can u use hotel booking to apply for a 2 year visa .....what are the chances

Am planning to visit Scotland this time around as I have previously visited London.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by amehrada: 2:07pm On Aug 30, 2017
amehrada:
I didn't turn over to see the other reasons. Looking forward to your various opinion

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by aragon2xl: 2:12pm On Aug 30, 2017
Hello house after waiting for over 3months i got a blank passport and a refusl letter

My question is can i reapply next week as i have evidence of some cheques my unvle gve me some 2/3 years ago, school fees receipts and proof that i get house rent from the house my father transferred to me years back.

I applied to attend a paid training that alrady took place july 7-9 2017, but the academy runs 3 courses a year and since i missed the leadership course i could attend the public speking course that comes September 22-24

Please whts the probability of getting the visa?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by oloolo: 2:15pm On Aug 30, 2017
Hello
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by amehrada: 2:39pm On Aug 30, 2017
Brightingsus:

We are not quite clear on what you submitted, so it would be hard getting a constructive advice.
Docs I submitted from my bro's side are;
1. Invitation letter
2. His passport bio data page
3. Confirmation of student status
4. Tenancy agreement
5. Drivers license
6. Resident permit
7. Award ceremonies confirmation
8. Marriage cert
9. His kids passport bio data page

Docs from my pops I submitted;
1. Sponsorship letter
2. Letter of employment
3. Testimonial on retirement from work
4. Letter on increment of pension
5. Evidence of Landed property
6. Bank account statement

Docs I submitted as a student;
1. Admission letter
2. Letter of introduction
3. School fee payment slips
4. Results
5. School ID
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 2:51pm On Aug 30, 2017
oloolo:
Please can u use hotel booking to apply for a 2 year visa .....what are the chances

Am planning to visit Scotland this time around as I have previously visited London.

Yes
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Kalabariprinces: 3:13pm On Aug 30, 2017
amehrada:
1. Invitation letter
4. Tenancy agreement
5. Drivers license
6. Resident permit
8. Marriage cert

1. Sponsorship letter
2. Letter of employment

1. Admission letter
4. Results
5. School ID

I'm no expert and I'm even awaiting my own decision, but at first glance what I would say was missing would be
1. Family photos
2. You own bank statements of how you are sustaining yourself while studying. Assuming you don't work, some deposits from family monthly would show your financial circumstances as well as why you need to be sponsored.

I'm sure the professionals here would have better opinions to offer.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by amehrada: 4:09pm On Aug 30, 2017
Kalabariprinces:

I'm no expert and I'm even awaiting my own decision, but at first glance what I would say was missing would be
1. Family photos
2. You own bank statements of how you are sustaining yourself while studying. Assuming you don't work, some deposits from family monthly would show your financial circumstances as well as why you need to be sponsored.

I'm sure the professionals here would have better opinions to offer.
Noted
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by amehrada: 4:12pm On Aug 30, 2017
post=59966959:
sorry about that bro. In your next application, include photos u took them (preferably old photos), include your birth certificate stating ur dad's name as father. I think you should be fine
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 4:56pm On Aug 30, 2017
amehrada:
1. Invitation letter
4. Tenancy agreement
5. Drivers license
6. Resident permit
8. Marriage cert

1. Sponsorship letter
2. Letter of employment

1. Admission letter
4. Results
5. School ID

You did not provide sufficient proof of your relationship to those sponsoring/hosting u for your proposed trip. Inasmuch as people talk about family pictures, pictures are not to be regarded as so much of a big deal for a visit visa. You take pictures with mates, friends n all; are you related to all of them? NO. You could have included pictures quite alright, but you could have gone ahead to provide more concrete evidence.

You did not even submit ordinary birth certifdate of yours. Your birth certificate would have had your father's name on it. For your brother, you might have still included his own birth certificate as the same father's name would be on your brother's birth certificate and yours too. You could have included means you communicate with these family members, for eg whatsapp chats, call logs or even emails.

Coming to your education, you did not submit evidence of how you maintain yourself and if you financially depend on anyone. This would have been on your bank statements. The ECO did not know how you maintain yourself and to him, chances are that you would abscond in the Uk.

May I remind you that whilst you provide sufficient evidence of your sponsor's ability to sponsor or host you, the ECO is more interested in your circumstances in your home country.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lmay18(f): 4:58pm On Aug 30, 2017
I need help urgently!

I just noticed I completed my application with wrong passport No. (previous PP No.)

Please kindly advise. Application was completed earlier today.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 5:23pm On Aug 30, 2017
lmay18:
I need help urgently!

I just noticed I completed my application with wrong passport No. (previous PP No.)

Please kindly advise. Application was completed earlier today.

Have you paid for the application and have you had biometrics?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lmay18(f): 5:34pm On Aug 30, 2017
Brightingsus:

Have you paid for the application?
Yes
Brightingsus:

have you had biometrics?
No
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 5:57pm On Aug 30, 2017
amehrada:
I didn't turn over to see the other reasons. Looking forward to your various opinion
these people wicked keeping your passport for one month after decision making you belief you will be approved this thing weak me ooo
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by irenmwinfo(m): 6:08pm On Aug 30, 2017
Please house help me on this. My Aunty sent me money to process my passport. She's a distance family member but wants to sponsor my U.K visiting visa. While she's will ne going back soon to the U.k possibly next week, she told me she'll get me letter of invitation and other documents to back it up for my visa. My question is, what documents can I as the applicant prepare here because am still unemployed. I just finished my NYSC last year November. Please your response will do alot better. I want to make sure all documents are properly prepared. Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bigbus: 7:13pm On Aug 30, 2017
irenmwinfo:
Please house help me on this. My Aunty sent me money to process my passport. She's a distance family member but wants to sponsor my U.K visiting visa. While she's will ne going back soon to the U.k possibly next week, she told me she'll get me letter of invitation and other documents to back it up for my visa. My question is, what documents can I as the applicant prepare here because am still unemployed. I just finished my NYSC last year November. Please your response will do alot better. I want to make sure all documents are properly prepared. Thanks.

Sir, Since you are currently awaiting employment, try spend a little of your time reading back a few pages, if not the whole thread.It will do you a lot of good towards your application, and you will be able to ask more specific questions if you decide to go ahead to apply.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by yispa: 7:18pm On Aug 30, 2017
amehrada:

Dear Amehrada,

sorry about that. Just be more prepared next time. I noticed decision was taken since 29th of June and you just got your passport back today the 30th of August! Waoh! Two months to return passport? them no try abeg.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 8:10pm On Aug 30, 2017
lmay18:

Yes

No

Write to withdraw the application and have your money refunded. You will not be aloud to do biometric with an expired passport.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 8:19pm On Aug 30, 2017
Brightingsus:

You did not provide sufficient proof of your relationship to those sponsoring/hosting u for your proposed trip. Inasmuch as people talk about family pictures, pictures are not to be regarded as so much of a big deal for a visit visa. You take pictures with mates, friends n all; are you related to all of them? NO. You could have included pictures quite alright, but you could have gone ahead to provide more concrete evidence.

You did not even submit ordinary birth certifdate of yours. Your birth certificate would have had your father's name on it. For your brother, you might have still included his own birth certificate as the same father's name would be on your brother's birth certificate and yours too. You could have included means you communicate with these family members, for eg whatsapp chats, call logs or even emails.

Coming to your education, you did not submit evidence of how you maintain yourself and if you financially depend on anyone. This would have been on your bank statements. The ECO did not know how you maintain yourself and to him, chances are that you would abscond in the Uk.

May I remind you that whilst you provide sufficient evidence of your sponsor's ability to sponsor or host you, the ECO is more interested in your circumstances in your home country.

I agree with you. Proofing family relationship is the most difficult aspect of UK visit visa. There are situations where a spouse is denied a visa just because they cannot proof the relationship. In proofing relationship, you must show that you know the person inside out. The refusal letter stated that they call your sponsor. Have you taken the time to find out what questions was asked from your sponsor and what was his answer?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Aramanda93: 8:48pm On Aug 30, 2017
toscott:
Hello all,
Update. Finally got m
Timeline;
Biometrics: July 24 ( Priority Tier 2)
Not straightforward email; August 15
Told my agent of this and i was told it was escalated though i didnt get an email to that effect.
A week after i sent an enquiry to Ukvi and i was sent a mail to fill out the reason for escalation. This i did and sent back but i did not get any response.
My agent sent me a mail on Friday 25th August that d application has been sent to the 'express escalation team' whatever that means.
Got a mail from TLS on Monday 28th that decision has been made and another one later in the day for passport pick up.
Passport picked up today. Visa granted grin from 26th of August(which is a saturday).
Hope this encourages someone. Thanks to all who supported me.

Congrats, toscott

I had a similar timeline...

Did my biometrics on July 26 in Victoria Island (Tier 5, regular, non-priority application)

Got email that application was being prepared for ECO consideration on Aug 8

Got not straightforward email on August 14

Got decided on UKVI on August 26 (surprisingly a Saturday too!)

Got both (decision and passport pickup) emails from TLS yesterday (Tuesday, 29th Aug)

I picked up my passport today 30th August, with 2-years visa in-situ

I didn't send any enquiry/escalation to UKVI throughout the period

This nairaland thread has been very helpful. (I read up all the 300+ pages before submitting my application)

Sincere appreciation to all the gurus who are here just to help others. May God reward your selflessness, amen.

I pray everyone still awaiting a decision on this thread gets a positive one soonest, amen.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Aramanda93: 8:58pm On Aug 30, 2017
toscott:
Hello all,
Update. Finally got m
Timeline;
Told my agent of this and i was told it was escalated though i didnt get an email to that effect.
A week after i sent an enquiry to Ukvi and i was sent a mail to fill out the reason for escalation. This i did and sent back but i did not get any response.
My agent sent me a mail on Friday 25th August that d application has been sent to the 'express escalation team' whatever that means.
Got a mail from TLS on Monday 28th that decision has been made and another one later in the day for passport pick up.
Passport picked up today. Visa granted grin from 26th of August(which is a saturday).

Congrats, toscott

I had a similar timeline...

Did my biometrics on July 26 in Victoria Island (Tier 5, regular, non-priority application)

Got email that application was being prepared for ECO consideration on Aug 8

Got not straightforward email on August 14

Got decided on UKVI on August 26 (surprisingly a Saturday too!)

Got both (decision and passport pickup) emails from TLS yesterday (Tuesday, 29th Aug)

I picked up my passport today 30th August, with 2-years visa in-situ

I didn't send any enquiry/escalation to UKVI throughout the period

This nairaland thread has been very helpful. (I read up all the 300+ pages before submitting my application)

Sincere appreciation to all the gurus who are here just to help others. May God reward your selflessness, amen.

I pray everyone still awaiting a decision on this thread gets a positive one soonest, amen.

Cheers!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by amehrada: 9:45pm On Aug 30, 2017
ekpotek:

I agree with you. Proofing family relationship is the most difficult aspect of UK visit visa. There are situations where a spouse is denied a visa just because they cannot proof the relationship. In proofing relationship, you must show that you know the person inside out. The refusal letter stated that they call your sponsor. Have you taken the time to find out what questions was asked from your sponsor and what was his answer?
My bro said he was not contacted.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by amehrada: 9:46pm On Aug 30, 2017
Brightingsus:

Noted, thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lmay18(f): 10:57pm On Aug 30, 2017
ekpotek:

Write to withdraw the application and have your money refunded. You will not be aloud to do biometric with an expired passport.
Thank you

can I start another application immediately? someone said I just need to write a letter and submit it with with the application...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 11:00pm On Aug 30, 2017
amehrada:

Your bro was not contacted, really

Are you sure your bro did not get any missed call from them. They usually call with 'No Caller ID', unless an application is already deemed to be refused. Apparently your refusal letter suggests either your sponsor was contacted or at least an attempt was made...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 4:55am On Aug 31, 2017
@toscott please what type of job did you use in applying for your tier 2 visa and are there agents that helps people in getting the job please reply cos I have someone that is interested in tier 2 visa
toscott:
Hello all,
Update. Finally got m
Timeline;
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 6:41am On Aug 31, 2017
amehrada:

They certainly would have called his phone number in day time, but for one reason or another, he did not know or answer! That is another ground for refusal.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 6:50am On Aug 31, 2017
lmay18:

Thank you

can I start another application immediately? someone said I just need to write a letter and submit it with with the application...

I know that booking an appointment to do biometric is tied to the applicant passport number? Without a current passport showing the number used in the online application, you would not be admitted into the centre. So far you have not done biometric your application is incomplete and will not be processed. So you are free to start another application and forfeit the previous payment.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 7:11am On Aug 31, 2017
ekpotek:

They certainly would have called his phone number in day time, but for one reason or another, he did not know or answer! That is another ground for refusal.

Most likely... Even while a sponsor, I had to practically keep my phone with me all through cos I was expecting the ECO's call; even in the places you wouldn't imagine...

(1) (2) (3) ... (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.