Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,061 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (340) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1529092 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 5:41pm On Sep 25, 2017
buddiemm:

Thank you very much Justwise for your responses. When I scanned the refusal letter to them, I was told they don't need to issue another CoS but to add a SPONSOR NOTE on my CoS so the administrative reviewer can see. My job roles are also listed on the CoS. Please how can I address this issue in the AR form? Can I tell them my sponsor has added a sponsor note?

Yes if you are going for AR then they don't have to reissue the CoS, its only necessary for reapplication, you can mention that in your letter to ECM, having a copy of whatever they added would have helped you argue your point against the refusal.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by buddiemm: 9:15pm On Sep 25, 2017
justwise:
[/b]

Yes if you are going for AR then they don't have to reissue the CoS, its only necessary for reapplication, you can mention that in your letter to ECM, having a copy of whatever they added would have helped you argue your point against the refusal.
Okay. I have a copy of their sponsor note addition with me and am using that to construct my argument. My concern is will the reviewer honour what my sponsor just added on the sponsors note during review?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:28pm On Sep 25, 2017
buddiemm:

Okay. I have a copy of their sponsor note addition with me and am using that to construct my argument. My concern is will the reviewer honour what my sponsor just added on the sponsors note during review?

Nobody can give you an honest answer to that, you just have to submit and hope for the best.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by buddiemm: 9:43pm On Sep 25, 2017
justwise:
[/b]

Nobody can give you an honest answer to that, you just have to submit and hope for the best.
Okay. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Solatium(m): 10:48pm On Sep 25, 2017
Baywood:

Lol. You make it as if building of one's account is out of place. Or you think that someone that has been in active employment for 8 years cannot save up to 1.6m?

You are getting it all wrong,the dude is trying to save you from unnecessary spending and visa rejection at the end of the day,if u earn 120k each month it translates to 1.44million per annum without factoring your monthly expenses into it.and u intend to spend 600k which is just your yearly savings after all your monthly 70k expenses,Your application won't fly,trust me and you might want to give it a try and report back to the house about your experience

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by AmbivertMe: 10:50pm On Sep 25, 2017
Since 17th of May 2017, called and emailed several times for escalation!!!!!!no response still...94working days today ���
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Solatium(m): 10:52pm On Sep 25, 2017
Baywood:

Thank you sir. I just tire for the guy. The way he was just saying that I have slim chance tire me.

Here's what I have..

I have worked with the company for 8 years.

I can build my account to 1.6m, but all expenses will be handled by my brother.

My expenses are:

1. Flight tickets (round trip) from Lagos to London and London to Lagos = 300k
2. Flight tickets (round trip) from London to Manchester and Manchester to London = 50k

My accommodation and feeding will be taken care of by my friend in UK. He's also a British citizen.

I will only visit: Old Trafford, Manchester cathedral, Manchester Town Hall, and I have good home rest.

This excuses that your brother will sponsor your vacation won't hold water,a working Adult should be able tp fully sponsor his or her holiday conveniently and still be left with substantial amout to live on when he/she return back to his home country,that is the thinking of a typical Consular officer anything contrary is not appealing

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by westlife79(m): 5:21am On Sep 26, 2017
Good morning@justwise, I made a mistake while filling my business visa online and my appointment is on Friday. Is there a way I can get to edit my application? A quick response will be appreciated. Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ijeshaoflondon: 5:41am On Sep 26, 2017
Good Morning Ma People, I applied for a 6 month tourist visa since 4th july, i got a message in August from sheffield UK that they needed more time to make decision , hoping by September ending I should have gotten my passport back, but to my utmost surprise, I received another email from Sheffield last night that they needed more time to make decision on my application , please what the heck is happening? is it normal to receive this same message twice? find attached the email. cry tongue . Help me beg them to return my passport asap.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:29am On Sep 26, 2017
westlife79:
Good morning@justwise, I made a mistake while filling my business visa online and my appointment is on Friday. Is there a way I can get to edit my application? A quick response will be appreciated. Thanks.

Correct the mistake on the printout copy before going for your appointment then make a note of it for the ECO if its something serious

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by moogee(f): 7:22am On Sep 26, 2017
Good morning all, Please how much is priority visa fee (premium service) for short stay visitors visa? My first time is it advisable?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Jarus(m): 7:29am On Sep 26, 2017
Jarus:
Hi Guys,

Does anyone know whether GTB Naira mastercard still works for UK visa payment?

I used it last time (last year) I applied but a friend that applied shortly after said he was not able to pay with GTB naira card.

I will appreciate response.

Thanks
justwise et al
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Baywood(m): 7:33am On Sep 26, 2017
Solatium:

You are getting it all wrong,the dude is trying to save you from unnecessary spending and visa rejection at the end of the day,if u earn 120k each month it translates to 1.44million per annum without factoring your monthly expenses into it.and u intend to spend 600k which is just your yearly savings after all your monthly 70k expenses,Your application won't fly,trust me and you might want to give it a try and report back to the house about your experience

It's not true oga. Someone can sponsor a working adult. So, if an employer decides to sponsor his employee, you will still say it doesn't hold water? It's not true sir.

One's uncle, employer, brother, etc can sponsor him. Working adult, and so?

Just listen to yourself. You speak as if you are an ECO. Those that sponsored themselves and got everything right, yet were denied, what happened?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Jarus(m): 8:00am On Sep 26, 2017
Baywood:

It's not true oga. Someone can sponsor a working adult. So, if an employer decides to sponsor his employee, you will still say it doesn't hold water? It's not true sir.

Just listen to yourself. You speak as if you are an ECO. Those that sponsored themselves and got everything right, yet were denied, what happened?

Why did you ask them question if you dont believe their answer?

10 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by NaGodwin: 8:12am On Sep 26, 2017
I agree with you, your brother can Sponsor your vacation, if u have a girlfriend/wife, it's better u apply with her, he can Sponsor the both of you grin, it will prove to the ECO that you both will return to Nigeria after the vacation because your brother can't accommodate the both of you for long, make sure you write a cover letter explaining that your brother is sponsoring the both of you grin.

Also inform them that you have worked for 8 years and you are entitled to the visa, intimidate d ECO with your application, it's your right grin

You know so much about this, go ahead and apply (remember to include your gf/wife, if you have kids, add them too), in your cover letter, request that they issue you a 10years visa as you intend to visit your brother annually.

WELDON SIR.

Baywood:

5 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by themusketeer: 8:16am On Sep 26, 2017
Jarus:

Exactly. they come here almost begging to be responded to. Once they get a response/advice that doesn't favor them they start insulting those that took their time to attend to them (ingrates)

It's not a must you take to the advice given here. As a matter of fact no one compels you to. When you're been advised, pick that which is useful to you then MOVE ON.....

Your attitude can make those advising refuse to respond to those that "genuinely " need advice.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by themusketeer: 8:19am On Sep 26, 2017
NaGodwin:
I agree with you, your brother can Sponsor your vacation, if u have a girlfriend/wife, it's better u apply with her, he can Sponsor the both of you grin, it will prove to the ECO that you both will return to Nigeria after the vacation because your brother can't accommodate the both of you for long, make sure you write a cover letter explaining that your brother is sponsoring the both of you grin.

Also inform them that you have worked for 8 years and you are entitled to the visa, intimidate d ECO with your application, it's your right grin

You know so much about this, go ahead and apply (remember to include your gf/wife, if you have kids, add them too), in your cover letter, request that they issue you a 10years visa as you intend to visit your brother annually.

WELDON SIR.

Lol �
Are you being sacarstic ?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 8:19am On Sep 26, 2017
NaGodwin:

WELDON SIR.

Hahahahaha... best answer for the nagging fellow...

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 8:25am On Sep 26, 2017
Solatium:

Bro, I have said it. The nagging guy for which your response was tailored is here not to learn, but to show they know something called nothing. Best is to ignore him. No one says his visa would be denied. If he so believes no one here is an ECO, why then did he post his initial question? If he were intelligent he would have known any constructive criticism is to better prepare him to have a stronger footing to get a visa.

Surely relatives can sponsor applicants' visa applications but these come with conditions. The gov.uk directive will tell you a brother can sponsor a sister on face value. But then the ECO decides when this is practically reasonable.

4 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 8:47am On Sep 26, 2017
justwise:

Correct the mistake on the printout copy before going for your appointment then make a note of it for the ECO if its something serious

@Justwise. The printout copy of the application form is no longer submitted or accepted anymore. The OP should write a cover note to point out the mistake to the ECO. This will scanned along with other documents to UKVI.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 8:50am On Sep 26, 2017
westlife79:

Write a cover letter to point out the mistake and submit it with other documents for scanning during your appointment.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by harry41: 9:07am On Sep 26, 2017
hello Ekpotek, I need your help. I want to renew my uk visa by next month. however, I borrowed money to someone who paid back this month like 700k. will this be regarded as a lodgment? please note I have had good closing balances prior to this of over 1m. please advise

ekpotek:

Write a cover letter to point out the mistake and submit it with other documents for scanning during your appointment.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by harry41: 9:09am On Sep 26, 2017
Hello Justwise, I need your help. I want to renew my uk visa by next month. however, I borrowed money to someone who paid back this month like 700k. will this be regarded as a lodgment? please note I have had good closing balances prior to this of over 1m. please advise

justwise:
[/b]

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Baywood(m): 9:10am On Sep 26, 2017
Jarus:

Do you ask questions to believe every answer?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by harry41: 9:10am On Sep 26, 2017
Justwise, Ekpotek and other good members, I need your help. I want to renew my uk visa by next month. however, I borrowed money to someone who paid back this month like 700k. will this be regarded as a lodgment? please note I have had good closing balances prior to this of over 1m. please advise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Jarus(m): 9:12am On Sep 26, 2017
Baywood:

Do you ask questions to believe every answer?

Ok bro. All the best. I no get energy for wahala.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Baywood(m): 9:12am On Sep 26, 2017
Brightingsus:

Bro, I have said it. The nagging guy for which your response was tailored is here not to learn, but to show they know something called nothing. Best is to ignore him. No one says his visa would be denied. If he so believes no one here is an ECO, why then did he post his initial question? If he were intelligent he would have known any constructive criticism is to better prepare him to have a stronger footing to get a visa.

Surely relatives can sponsor applicants' visa applications but these come with conditions. The gov.uk directive will tell you a brother can sponsor a sister on face value. But then the ECO decides when this is practically reasonable.

If the ECO decides when it's practically reasonable, it means we are all guessing. No one should speak conclusively, that's my argument.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Baywood(m): 9:14am On Sep 26, 2017
NaGodwin:

WELDON SIR.

You are just joking and trying to be funny. You didn't make any point.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 9:24am On Sep 26, 2017
Baywood:

If the ECO decides when it's practically reasonable, it means we are all guessing. No one should speak conclusively, that's my argument.

Trailer fall on your argument!!!

We don't guess. Some people here have read the Uk immigration law as well as Guideleines for ECOs. Some of us are painstaking to study refusal letters to ascertain why visas are refused, we don't guess, we do not conclude either. But we can give strengths and weaknesses of an application.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 9:27am On Sep 26, 2017
harry41:
hello Ekpotek, I need your help. I want to renew my uk visa by next month. however, I borrowed money to someone who paid back this month like 700k. will this be regarded as a lodgment? please note I have had good closing balances prior to this of over 1m. please advise

If you have a closing balance of over 1M. I will advice that you remove the 700K to another account. Otherwise you will need to explain the lodgement with documents to ECO
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Baywood(m): 9:37am On Sep 26, 2017
Brightingsus:

Trailer fall on your argument!!!

We don't guess. Some people here have read the Uk immigration law as well as Guideleines for ECOs. Some of us are painstaking to study refusal letters to ascertain why visas are refused, we don't guess, we do not conclude either. But we can give strengths and weaknesses of an application.

If trailer fall on it, I will resurrect it.

You can only study refusal letters after the interview to ascertain, but you can't speak authoritatively before the interview.

(1) (2) (3) ... (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.