Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:46 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (338) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1529986 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 8:16pm On Sep 24, 2017
Solatium:

There is no way someone who was refused a visa in May 2017 as an Msc Student will have 6 months Pay slip or 6 months salary remittance in her account even if she got employed in june of the same year,This is September,it will make a whole lot of sense to push her application till early next year,I can bet my bottom naira that her application will be refused again if she make one now....just calm down for now and wait till early next year to have gathered some months of work experience,

That's why I stated 6 months within which the applicant's circumstances would have changed. Yeah, applicant should hold on for now...

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 8:28pm On Sep 24, 2017
justwise:

You did not submit enough document to support your application at all, the refusal letter pretty much explained all you need to include in your next application.

Proof of relationship is very important, call history, chat log, emails(not just 1 or 2 days, months-years of them) Pictures, both current and old. evidence of gift sent..money or material gift etc
It's not me...lol.
But thank you, I totally understand and will pass this message on to her.
They're considering filling a fresh application instead of doing an admin review. Actually, I was told the chats were at least a 100pages that were attached. I guess they'll be tidier next time.
Thank you sir.
Have a great week smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by buddiemm: 9:58pm On Sep 24, 2017
Justwise, Solatium and other gurus. Please check page 335, my post is there and I need to send the administrative review on time. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by hohia: 10:49pm On Sep 24, 2017
Darla:

It just talks about the duration of a review. And you can't attach extra docs except it is requested by the ECO. Should the applicant wish to add more documents, a fresh application will have to be made + visa fees .
And the email address to send the admin review form to. The website to find the admin review request form, etc.
And that they don't take admin review request forms by post any longer.

I would encourage you to ask for an administrative review since they time frame for responding to you is within 28 days as stated in the letter sent to you. When an appeal or administrative review is granted means you ought to have been given visa but there needs to be more proofs. You do not lose anything by doing this review. It would be faster than a fresh application that stays 3 months or more these days and cost you more money. Just keep these additional documents handy and do a proper cover note in the form you are sending for the review.

About the communication, if your husband has been making more of the calls from a Lebara or Lyca or any other network in the UK, He can ask for his call logs (paper bill) to be sent to him which you can send along. Also if you have ever called him from MTN or so, you can request for you call logs and highlight your communications. Its all about your defense which is same as what you'd submit in a fresh application. Am sorry if I jumped in the middle, I peek into this place on my free periods. I wish you well.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:03pm On Sep 24, 2017
Shawnbose:
@ justwise, I will like to ask, does the amount he sends monthly matters or they just need the evidence . For example if he sends 10k monthly just to support will the ECO think that money is too small ?

It doesn't
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:06pm On Sep 24, 2017
buddiemm:
Justwise, Solatium and other gurus. Please check page 335, my post is there and I need to send the administrative review on time. Thanks

I can't read the refusal letter the way you uploaded it
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by dasanctuary(m): 11:14pm On Sep 24, 2017
justwise:
Please continue posting your enquiries here, the previous thread has reached and passed 400 pages.

Part2 is here for reference purposes https://www.nairaland.com/823855/general-uk-visa-enquiries-part

Please I have one UK refusal long ago and want to apply once more , what step should I take .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by chaochao10: 11:52pm On Sep 24, 2017
Awwwww,,congrats dear. thanks a lot for your help. can you please help me list of the supporting documents that was submitted?

TeeLighthouse:

Hello,

My situation is pretty much the same as yours.
I'm on a tier 2 visa. Just had my court wedding and traditional wedding in July in Nigeria.
I currently live with my sister, so she wrote a letter pretty much saying that she and my husband should live with her rather than paying rent as we save up for our mortgage. We provided her utility bill and passport details page.
My husband applied as my dependant.

He had is biometrics on 16th Aug.
And he picked up his visa on Friday.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by gracykay: 12:34am On Sep 25, 2017
Solatium:

There is no way someone who was refused a visa in May 2017 as an Msc Student will have 6 months Pay slip or 6 months salary remittance in her account even if she got employed in june of the same year,This is September,it will make a whole lot of sense to push her application till early next year,I can bet my bottom naira that her application will be refused again if she make one now....just calm down for now and wait till early next year to have gathered some months of work experience.How do you want to convince the eco that you are going on holiday/leave when you have not even clocked a year at your job post? Who ever treat your application will read desperation in it and slam you with another refusal which will make future application difficult.Sisi,me I go advice you to calm down for now

Oga solatium, thanks so much for contributing. you see I had to quit from my job as a lawyer to go for my llm coz the firm couldn't stand it. And asked me to go and finish and if am done, i can always come to work. So I stated I was a student which was the truth with no job at that moment. Right now, my job came through because I was finished with my school work and was writing my thesis. I intend reapplying by February and will state all the necessary facts.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by buddiemm: 8:01am On Sep 25, 2017
Justwse did you mean its unreadable the way I snapped it or how please. Let me quickly highlight the reason for refusal here please :

1) The ECO stated that my sponsor did not demonstrate how my intended work will assist the aim of the charity. But it is already stated on sponsors guidance notes that once a CoS has been assigned by the sponsors all those conditions have been guaranteed already.

2) The ECO stated that mysponsor has not provided the mission statement of the charity. Does the mission statement needs to be stated on a separate paper? Because when I informed my sponsor about this they have added the mission statemen of the charity on sponsors note of my CoS.

3) The ECO stated that my sponsor has not stated that I am not filling a permanent position including on a temporary basis. But it is written on my appointment letter submitted with my application that it is a 12month contract.

4) The ECO stated that he can not award me 10 points for maintenance because he deemed the CoS to be invalid. But according to page 11 of the caseworker guidance on tier 5 applications my CoS should be valid.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Shilex1915: 8:10am On Sep 25, 2017
Hello,I'm olanshile am new to this, I want to go and visit my girlfriend in U.K. She is a British citizen and she is sending me invitation letter and she is going to be the sponsor for everything,please what I need to send to her and what she is going to send to me to take the the Embassy and do I need to have money in my bank account and like how much... please am sorry for this questions .. are they going to give me the Visa cos this is new to me
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:39am On Sep 25, 2017
buddiemm:
Justwse did you mean its unreadable the way I snapped it or how please.

The way u placed it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:41am On Sep 25, 2017
dasanctuary:

Please I have one UK refusal long ago and want to apply once more , what step should I take .

The same step you took when you made the first application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:42am On Sep 25, 2017
Shilex1915:
Hello,I'm olanshile am new to this, I want to go and visit my girlfriend in U.K. She is a British citizen and she is sending me invitation letter and she is going to be the sponsor for everything,please what I need to send to her and what she is going to send to me to take the the Embassy and do I need to have money in my bank account and like how much... please am sorry for this questions .. are they going to give me the Visa cos this is new to me

What are you currently doing in Nigeria? Working or running a business?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by dasanctuary(m): 8:52am On Sep 25, 2017
justwise:

The same step you took when you made the first application

Thanks bro
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by emeystan(m): 9:28am On Sep 25, 2017
i submitted an application, over 2 months am yet to get a feedback from them, i applied as a couple, only one is back from them.
and it was approved.. the other one is not yet back... what do i do... do i call them or mail
Cos i dont know the status of the other one

please someone give me contact to reach them

Thanks and God bless
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by gracykay: 9:37am On Sep 25, 2017
Brightingsus:

That's why I stated 6 months within which the applicant's circumstances would have changed. Yeah, applicant should hold on for now...

Oga, am chilling till next year. So by next year, what are the supporting documents I need to submit. What and what am i suppose to avoid and also what are the things am expected to do?Those are the question now. Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by themusketeer: 9:51am On Sep 25, 2017
emeystan:
i submitted an application, over 2 months am yet to get a feedback from them, i applied as a couple, only one is back from them.
and it was approved.. the other one is not yet back... what do i do... do i call them or mail
Cos i dont know the status of the other one

please someone give me contact to reach them

Thanks and God bless

+44 20 3481 1736
Make sure you have your Bank card ready as you will be charged £1.37/minute .

Hope this helps
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Baywood(m): 11:02am On Sep 25, 2017
Justwise...

My friend in UK, who's also a British citizen has sent me:
* Invitation Letter
* Data page of his British Passport

My brother has given me:
* His 6 months bank statement with balance of 2.6 Million Naira.

My employer has given me:
* Letter outlining when I was employed and my monthly salary and the approval to travel.

I have gotten my:
* 6 months bank statement with the balance of 800,000 Naira.
* 6 months payslip
* Wedding certificate
* Traditional marriage and wedding pictures
* Wife and child picture with me.

My monthly salary is 120,000 Naira and I spend like 70,000 Naira every month.

I planned to spend 600,000 Naira for the trip, covering only flight tickets and few expenses.

My friend in the UK will feed and accommodate me. I plan to stay only 4 weeks.

The 600,000 Naira I planned to spend will be given to me by my brother.

Please, check. Is there any other documents I will need to include?

Thank you sir.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by TeeLighthouse: 11:06am On Sep 25, 2017
chaochao10:
Awwwww,,congrats dear. thanks a lot for your help. can you please help me list of the supporting documents that was submitted?

Thank you smiley
We submitted the following:

My husband's TB test
My BRP and Passport Data page
Entry and Exit stamps for when I visited Nigeria
Pictures- our visits and wedding pictures (traditional and court). Church wedding is in December
My sisters (3 of them) passport Data pages and entry and exit stamps for when they went to Nigeria for the traditional wedding.
A cover letter mentioning and explaining the documents that was submitted
My last 3 payslips
A letter from my company stating that they'll take care of his maintenance if he needs to up to an amount £2000. The minimum is £630. This was in place of providing bank statement for maintenance.
A letter from my company certifying that I'm employed by them, my salary (especially as it's increased since my application for my tier 2 visa) and that my employment is ongoing.
We wanted to include what's app messages, but we decided against doing that. Even though we had written in the additional information section as one of the supporting documents. We ended up not including it.
A letter from my sister about the living arrangement and utility bill, as well as passport data page.
A letter from myself addressed to UKVI saying I'm inviting him to relocate.

I think that's everything.
And of course, lots of prayers smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Shilex1915: 11:07am On Sep 25, 2017
I have finished my HND but I haven't go for NYSC
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by TeeLighthouse: 11:13am On Sep 25, 2017
Baywood:
Justwise...

* Invitation Letter

My brother has given me:

* Letter outlining when I was employed and my monthly salary and the approval to travel.

I have gotten my:
* 6 months payslip
* Wedding certificate

I planned to spend 600,000 Naira for the trip, covering only flight tickets and few expenses.

Thank you sir.

Hello, I know this isn't addressed to me, but if this is just a visit, then I think 4 weeks is pretty long and I'm not sure 600k will cover your expenses for 4 weeks.
If your friend is providing accommodation and feeding for you, he should provide a utility bill (like water bill or council tax) that verifies his address and he should also include his bank statement showing that he is financially capable of feeding you.

In your application form, where they ask about where you would be visiting, depending on the city you'll be staying in, try and list places that are free to visit. For instance, if in London, maybe Buckingham palace, Travalgar Square etc. and maybe also mention that you want to rest, hence why it's a long visit.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:28am On Sep 25, 2017
Shilex1915:
I have finished my HND but I haven't go for NYSC

Don't waste your money applying for that visa because you don't have any tie to Nigeria right now
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Baywood(m): 11:31am On Sep 25, 2017
TeeLighthouse:

Hello, I know this isn't addressed to me, but if this is just a visit, then I think 4 weeks is pretty long and I'm not sure 600k will cover your expenses for 4 weeks.
If your friend is providing accommodation and feeding for you, he should provide a utility bill (like water bill or council tax) that verifies his address and he should also include his bank statement showing that he is financially capable of feeding you.

In your application form, where they ask about where you would be visiting, depending on the city you'll be staying in, try and list places that are free to visit. For instance, if in London, maybe Buckingham palace, Travalgar Square etc. and maybe also mention that you want to rest, hence why it's a long visit.

Ok sir. In order words, I can increase the planned expenses to like 1.2 Million. Right?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:34am On Sep 25, 2017
Baywood:
Justwise...

* Invitation Letter

My brother has given me:

I have gotten my:
* 6 months payslip
* Wedding certificate

Thank you sir.

1. Are you still employed by the company?

2. Your friend in the UK needs to send you his tenancy agreement/mortgage paper, bank statement etc

I don't think your chances of getting a visa is high because you are unable to sponsor this trip yourself.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Baywood(m): 11:35am On Sep 25, 2017
TeeLighthouse:

It's Manchester. I listed to visit: Manchester Town Hall. Manchester Cathedral. Old Trafford.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Baywood(m): 11:36am On Sep 25, 2017
justwise:

1. Are you still employed by the company?

2. Your friend in the UK needs to send you his tenancy agreement/mortgage paper, bank statement etc

I don't think your chances of getting a visa is high because you are unable to sponsor this trip yourself.

1. I'm still employed by the company.

2. Must one sponsor his trip? I don't think so.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:42am On Sep 25, 2017
Baywood:

1. I'm still employed by the company.

2. Must one sponsor his trip? I don't think so.

Yes as a working class adult you must sponsor or proof that you can sponsor your leisure trip because the ability to do that gives you strong tie to Nigeria.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Baywood(m): 11:45am On Sep 25, 2017
justwise:
[/b]

Yes as a working class adult you must sponsor or proof that you can sponsor your leisure trip because the ability to do that gives you strong tie to Nigeria.

So, what do you suggest?

1. Get my company to act as a sponsor while I get the money from my brother.

2. Top up my account to say 1.6 Million Naira and then use my brother as sponsor.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:51am On Sep 25, 2017
Baywood:

So, what do you suggest?

1. Get my company to act as a sponsor while I get the money from my brother.

2. Top up my account to say 1.6 Million Naira and then use my brother as sponsor.

Non of that will get you a visa.

You take a foreign trip especially to a place like the UK when you can afford it else your chances are pretty slim
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Baywood(m): 11:53am On Sep 25, 2017
justwise:

Non of that will get you a visa.

You take a foreign trip especially to a place like the UK when you can afford it else your chances are pretty slim

So, 1.6 Million Naira cannot afford my trip to the UK when my host will provide me accommodation and feeding? I don't get it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.