Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,831 members, 7,817,431 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:08 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (337) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1529352 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 8:26pm On Sep 23, 2017
yolemum:
Hello house....thanks to all the advice and responses to people's questions. God bless. Please I need to clarify something....is visa4uk.fco.gov.UK no longer the website for online application? Please I need responses if am on the right track or won't they accept application from this site again?

There are two platforms on which an online visa application can be made. They are all acceptable. Find them below...

Visa Application sites...

Old system
https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/home/welcome

New system
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/product/uk-visit-visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by TeeLighthouse: 1:23am On Sep 24, 2017
chaochao10:
Hello house.
please i need your input on this issue.I am currently on tier 2 visa .However, i got married in Nigeria few months back and i want my spouse to come and join me. We both have sufficient funds in our account in the last 90days. But i stay with a relative here in uk. my question is
will i need to include tenancy agreement with the application?
Do I need a cover letter?
can i apply for him with my own visa application page?
Which other documents will be included asides the bank statement and TB test?

Thanks for your help

Hello,

My situation is pretty much the same as yours.
I'm on a tier 2 visa. Just had my court wedding and traditional wedding in July in Nigeria.
I currently live with my sister, so she wrote a letter pretty much saying that she and my husband should live with her rather than paying rent as we save up for our mortgage. We provided her utility bill and passport details page.
My husband applied as my dependant.

He had is biometrics on 16th Aug.
And he picked up his visa on Friday.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Melonne: 4:50am On Sep 24, 2017
Webmank:

pls i did my biometric at ikeja on 22nd June {visit visa}am to attend a wedding anniversary on 4th Aug as d father of the bride.my sis called home office on 26th jul for escalation called again 1st Aug even 3rd Aug same story waiting decision,even till now...and i tried calling myself but always call drop maybe gtb naira is not acceptable nio.reading ur story gives me host but my question is which no did u called or email address,maybe i should contact them myself.
thanks

here's the number: By phone
Telephone: 00 44 203 481 1736
Monday to Friday, 24 hours
Calls cost £1.37 per minute on top of your standard network charges.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by yolemum: 7:41am On Sep 24, 2017
Thanks brightingsus
Brightingsus:

There are two platforms on which an online visa application can be made. They are all acceptable. Find them below...

Visa Application sites...

Old system
https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/home/welcome

New system
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/product/uk-visit-visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 10:17am On Sep 24, 2017
Hi Justwise,

My husband and I would like my 21yr old brother to visit and spend Xmas with us this year in Scotland just for two weeks. We are fully sponsoring his journey, he’ll be staying with us. However, he’s a student, he has his finally exams and thesis next year. I’m aware it will be difficult once he’s graduated to visit us, so just want to use the opportunity for him to physically meet his two nephews, until they are old enough to journey to Nigeria.

What are his chances of being granted being a student, we have all necessary documents from our side that I can think of and can financially more than cover his journey. We’ve had my mum spend Xmas with us in 2013 (he’s documented in her form as a dependent as he was under 18 then), so i’m aware for documents required for a worker, but not sure for students applying for visitors visa. What supporting documents would he need apart from letter from his school, proof of studying at Uni, his bank statement. Do we need any documents from of our parents, although he’s an adult but he’s dependent on them financially for everything.

Also, it’ll be his first time of applying to any embassy. We are hoping to apply in the next couple of weeks. I hope we haven’t left it too late to apply.

Many thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by gracykay: 11:32am On Sep 24, 2017
Hello house.
I was refused a uk visa in may 2017 because I had no personal ties here. I was a masters student then and had no job because I had to quit work for school. I stated in my application that my boyfriend(a british citizen)who was inviting me was going to be my sponsor. I had about 700k in my account but I was refused visa.
I want to reapply by next year and I want to know every possible documentation that will required of me. I work in a law firm now as an associate and earn 250k per month. I want to reapply sponsoring myself.
What do I need to do to get it right this time around. Please point out all the supporting documents I need to attach.
@justwise, ekpotek, blessedgeorgeus, brightingsus and every other guru in the house.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 1:09pm On Sep 24, 2017
gracykay:
Hello house.
I was refused a uk visa in may 2017 because I had no personal ties here. I was a masters student then and had no job because I had to quit work for school. I stated in my application that my boyfriend(a british citizen)who was inviting me was going to be my sponsor. I had about 700k in my account but I was refused visa.
I want to reapply by next year and I want to know every possible documentation that will required of me. I work in a law firm now as an associate and earn 250k per month. I want to reapply sponsoring myself.
What do I need to do to get it right this time around. Please point out all the supporting documents I need to attach.
@justwise, ekpotek, blessedgeorgeus, brightingsus and every other guru in the house.

Your desire to sponsor yourself is probably the best approach as against being sponsored by your UK boyfriend as they place very minimal importance to sponsorship across partners in boyfriend/girlfriend relationships. For one to sponsor their partner in such a relationship you would go through the eye of a needle to be able to convince the Entry Clearance Officer that you, as the applicant, are a genuine visitor who would return back to Nigeria without overstaying. On face value, 9/10 they see such an applicant as a potential overstayer. I can see why you were denied previously; undertaking a masters programme in Nigeria is not a tie. People sometimes abandone a degree programme with much longer duration than a masters.

First of all, decide in yourself how you want to spend your holiday in the UK, how many days for and where you would stay. Make a list of the atttactions you would like to visit and ensure your chosen accommodation, if no UK host, is near the attractions. Draw up your budget and make sure it is reasonable considering your bank balance and your monthly salary.

In your list of documents, consider including the following...
1. Employment Contract letters
2. Last 6 months payslips (with most recent month within 30 days of application)
3. Last 6 months bank statements (with most recent month within 30 days of application)
4. Proof of your family ties in Nigeria
5. Proof of your current housing in Nigeria, like rental agreements and rental receipts and the like
6. Proof of membership to any professional or social groups in Nigeria, if applicable
7. Proof of Uk accommodation, like booked hotels. Note, you can book hotels on hold without paying. Choose hotels with free cancellation. If you have a UK host, remember you would have to get their documents like tenancy agreement and utility bills and proof of your relationship to them.

The above list is not 100% comprehensive. Other docs can be added, but those are the ones I can say on my feet.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 1:22pm On Sep 24, 2017
kokoboy4life:

@justwise good evening, if am to submit my application on 26/9/17 for a seminar program starting on 7th of November how many days/weeks would my application stay in the U.K. Embassy because I have read on here several times how people complains about longevity treatment of visa application. Thanks

Sorry that this is coming late, having internet problem at the moment.

Judging by recent development its difficult to predict how long visa application takes to be approved, so you just have to risk it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 1:24pm On Sep 24, 2017
Idboyostic:
Good morning house, please I want to get a package (native wears to be precise to a brother in UK).....how can I get it across?

can he get it On or before Tuesday next week?

Cc Brighthinbus
Justwise

I got no idea, sorry.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 1:44pm On Sep 24, 2017
Tfree:
Hi Justwise,

My husband and I would like my 21yr old brother to visit and spend Xmas with us this year in Scotland just for two weeks. We are fully sponsoring his journey, he’ll be staying with us. However, he’s a student, he has his finally exams and thesis next year. I’m aware it will be difficult once he’s graduated to visit us, so just want to use the opportunity for him to physically meet his two nephews, until they are old enough to journey to Nigeria.

What are his chances of being granted being a student, we have all necessary documents from our side that I can think of and can financially more than cover his journey. We’ve had my mum spend Xmas with us in 2013 (he’s documented in her form as a dependent as he was under 18 then), so i’m aware for documents required for a worker, but not sure for students applying for visitors visa. What supporting documents would he need apart from letter from his school, proof of studying at Uni, his bank statement. Do we need any documents from of our parents, although he’s an adult but he’s dependent on them financially for everything.

Also, it’ll be his first time of applying to any embassy. We are hoping to apply in the next couple of weeks. I hope we haven’t left it too late to apply.

Many thanks

Yes with student its a bit tricky but still possible, apart from the documents you listed already he needs to add his admission letter, progress report(previous results) term timetable. his thesis proposal document(if that is available ) and school fees receipts.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 1:48pm On Sep 24, 2017
Baywood:
Hello house. Thank you, justwise. I have been a guest reader for 2 years now. Today, I decided to register because I have a question to ask.

My question is - If someone in Nigeria, a brother is sponsoring his brother for visit to a friend in the UK, is it only the bank account statement of the sponsor that's needed or will the person being sponsored also submit his own bank account statement?

Thank you.

Yes and proof of source of that money
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 1:49pm On Sep 24, 2017
Darla:
Good evening all. I hope our day's going well?
My sister has been refused her UK visa to join her husband who is a full-time pastor with one of the the big churches.
Please find attached the letter that came with the refusal.
She submitted everything they asked for.
Please I'd like some advice and pointers to what to do next. She applied in exactly 6weeks ago. With an "A-rated sponsor".
1. Her sponsor is her husband's employer(the church). There was a letter from them.
2. She submitted husband's documents(utility bills, rent agreement, his visa, etc.)
3. Marriage cert., pictures from registry, health surcharge...In short, the whole nine yards.

And they have concluded all the traditional and church wedding ceremonies last weekend.

So what do we do? She is devastated and I live in Europe. The least I could do is help her fire back.

Thank you.

cc justwise

Please have a look... You're the pro

Please upload the attachment properly.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 2:02pm On Sep 24, 2017
Tfree:
Hi Justwise,

Many thanks

In addition to what you listed and what @Justwise added, I think you might need some proof of your relationship with him. Maybe his birth certificate as well as your birth certificate as they both would have same parents' names. Then point this out in a cover letter. Also if you have proof of communication, like chats or call logs, it would come handy.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by gracykay: 2:10pm On Sep 24, 2017
[quote author=Brightingsus post=60780102]

Your desire to sponsor yourself is probably the best approach as against being sponsored by your UK boyfriend as they place very minimal importance to sponsorship across partners in boyfriend/girlfriend relationships. For one to sponsor their partner in such a relationship you would go through the eye of a needle to be able to convince the Entry Clearance Officer that you, as the applicant, are a genuine visitor who would return back to Nigeria without overstaying. On face value, 9/10 they see such an applicant as a potential overstayer. I can see why you were denied previously; undertaking a masters programme in Nigeria is not a tie. People sometimes abandone a degree programme with much longer duration than a masters.

First of all, decide in yourself how you want to spend your holiday in the UK, how many days for and where you would stay. Make a list of the atttactions you would like to visit and ensure your chosen accommodation, if no UK host, is near the attractions. Draw up your budget and make sure it is reasonable considering your bank balance and your monthly salary.

2. Last 6 months payslips (with most recent month within 30 days of application)
3. Last 6 months bank statements (with most recent month within 30 days of application)
5. Proof of your current housing in Nigeria, like rental agreements and rental receipts and the like
6. Proof of membership to any professional or social groups in Nigeria, if applicable
7. Proof of Uk accommodation, like booked hotels. Note, you can book hotels on hold without paying. Choose hotels with free cancellation. If you have a UK host, remember you would have to get their documents like tenancy agreement and utility bills and proof of your relationship to them.

The above list is not 100% comprehensive. Other docs can be added, but those are the ones I can say on my feet.[/quote

Thanks sir for the prompt response. That was detailed.

Since I indicated that I will be staying over at my boyfriend's in my last application, he lives in central London and I still wish to state am staying over at his place because that's the truth. But if you think otherwise, you can state so.
Secondly, hope is not a problem that I run a single account which serves as my salary and personal savings account. Which has inflow of cash for personal jobs I do for clients?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 2:18pm On Sep 24, 2017
justwise:

Please upload the attachment properly.
Hello sir,
Okay. Thank you

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 2:29pm On Sep 24, 2017
@Justwise and Brightingsus

Thank you for your responses, I do appreciate it. I have noted the documents you've advised to be submitted with the application and can understand how they would answer questions about genuity of our relationship and educational ties back in Nigeria, to proof he'll be returning. I'll make sure they are all included. I'll be back to update you, fingers crossed

Many thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 2:35pm On Sep 24, 2017
[quote author=gracykay post=60781732][/quote]

Are you a freelancer? I mean, are you self employed or do you receive salary and payslips associated with such salary payments? If you are on payroll and receive monthly salary, then include payslips to match salary inflows in your bank statements. If you do any other personal jobs for clients, then you need to include transaction documents which state how much these clients have paid you as they reflect in your bank statements.

Having personal and savings in one account is not a problem, but you have to explain any inflows not generated from your payslips.

I won't advise against staying over at your boyfriends. Other people here can input equally. But you would need to include documents about your boyfriend's status in the UK and livelihood as long as he was not mentioned as an issue in your previous refusal letter.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 2:37pm On Sep 24, 2017
Darla:

Hello sir,
Okay. Thank you

There is a heading of 'Administrative Review'. What information is there? Look at any following pages of the letter.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by gracykay: 2:53pm On Sep 24, 2017
Brightingsus:

Are you a freelancer? I mean, are you self employed or do you receive salary and payslips associated with such salary payments? If you are on payroll and receive monthly salary, then include payslips to match salary inflows in your bank statements. If you do any other personal jobs for clients, then you need to include transaction documents which state how much these clients have paid you as they reflect in your bank statements.

Having personal and savings in one account is not a problem, but you have to explain any inflows not generated from your payslips.

I won't advise against staying over at your boyfriends. Other people here can input equally. But you would need to include documents about your boyfriend's status in the UK and livelihood as long as he was not mentioned as an issue in your previous refusal letter.

Thanks so so much. Will explain every dime penny in my account apart from my salary. And get documents to support them.
My boyfriend wasn't mentioned in my refusal letter as he had every required document.

More input my people. I don't want to embark on this trip and fail again. Please help out if you have anything to add.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Shilex1915: 2:59pm On Sep 24, 2017
Hello house .... my girlfriend is a Uk citizen and she is sending me Invitation letter to come to UK for visiting and please what am I going to need to present at the Nigeria Embassy and what I need to send to her to show the Embassy in U.K.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 3:25pm On Sep 24, 2017
Brightingsus:

There is a heading of 'Administrative Review'. What information is there? Look at any following pages of the letter.
It just talks about the duration of a review. And you can't attach extra docs except it is requested by the ECO. Should the applicant wish to add more documents, a fresh application will have to be made + visa fees .
And the email address to send the admin review form to. The website to find the admin review request form, etc.
And that they don't take admin review request forms by post any longer.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 5:04pm On Sep 24, 2017
Darla:

Hello sir,
Okay. Thank you

You did not submit enough document to support your application at all, the refusal letter pretty much explained all you need to include in your next application.

Proof of relationship is very important, call history, chat log, emails(not just 1 or 2 days, months-years of them) Pictures, both current and old. evidence of gift sent..money or material gift etc
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Baywood(m): 5:43pm On Sep 24, 2017
justwise:

Yes and proof of source of that money

OK sir
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Shawnbose: 6:13pm On Sep 24, 2017
justwise:

You did not submit enough document to support your application at all, the refusal letter pretty much explained all you need to include in your next application.

Proof of relationship is very important, call history, chat log, emails(not just 1 or 2 days, months-years of them) Pictures, both current and old. evidence of gift sent..money or material gift etc
justwise:

justwise:

justwise:

@ justwise, I will like to ask, does the amount he sends monthly matters or they just need the evidence . For example if he sends 10k monthly just to support will the ECO think that money is too small ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Solatium(m): 7:57pm On Sep 24, 2017
Brightingsus:

The above list is not 100% comprehensive. Other docs can be added, but those are the ones I can say on my feet.

There is no way someone who was refused a visa in May 2017 as an Msc Student will have 6 months Pay slip or 6 months salary remittance in her account even if she got employed in june of the same year,This is September,it will make a whole lot of sense to push her application till early next year,I can bet my bottom naira that her application will be refused again if she make one now....just calm down for now and wait till early next year to have gathered some months of work experience,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Solatium(m): 8:01pm On Sep 24, 2017
gracykay:
Hello house.

There is no way someone who was refused a visa in May 2017 as an Msc Student will have 6 months Pay slip or 6 months salary remittance in her account even if she got employed in june of the same year,This is September,it will make a whole lot of sense to push her application till early next year,I can bet my bottom naira that her application will be refused again if she make one now....just calm down for now and wait till early next year to have gathered some months of work experience.How do you want to convince the eco that you are going on holiday/leave when you have not even clocked a year at your job post? Who ever treat your application will read desperation in it and slam you with another refusal which will make future application difficult.Sisi,me I go advice you to calm down for now

(1) (2) (3) ... (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.