Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,183 members, 7,822,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (386) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1532102 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 9:54am On Jan 09, 2018
bambash:

Good morning Justwise,

Please find below the list of documents submitted

1. Our bank statements
2. Kids school documents
3. Printed whatsapp chats between wifey and the kids
4. Kids birth certificates
5. My brothers wife's Resident Permit
6 Data page of our British Passports (mine, my brothers and the kids)
7. My payslip
8. Letter of Introduction from my place of work
9. My land documents
10. Letter of invitation
11. Bills and letters written to my brother as proof of address

Your documents are okay. Except missing are documents to proof strong home ties and the circumstances of the applicant (your wife). This was pointed out by ECO, who also refered to the previous refusal. To be honest with you as it stands, it will be very difficult for your wife to get a visitor visa given her circumstances and not your in Nigeria. The ECO know that there is strong possiblity for your wife to over stay and not return back to Nigeria since she does not have a job or any compelling reason to leave the UK after her visit. I also know of cases where mothers have successful apply to remain in the UK as the mother of British child (children) needing care. Just my thoughts.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 10:41am On Jan 09, 2018
iyaaliyah:
Goodmorning. Pls is it advisable to book an hostel or shared bathroom for 5day visit? Won't this make a negative impression on the VO?

2. Does US share data with UK. The question in the form where it's asked if you have been denied visa to any country. My friend feels it's not necessary to say she hasn't been denied. I feel it's right to say the truth that she has been denied.
3. The question: do you have another income or any saving, my friend has another small business apart ftom her constant salary. its not registered and money isn't constant and the closing balance can't even be up to 100k. Can she answer this as savings or other income?
Pls help. @justwise

1. Yes. Most tourist goes for budget accommodation for save money.

2. Yes. If you do not disclose your refusal and it’s discovered. You will be ban for 10 years for misinformation and false documentation.

3. Yes if the fund and business is substantial enough to contribute to your financial home and economic home ties
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by blank(f): 12:18pm On Jan 09, 2018
justwise:

Yes you apply separately and submit both at the same time because I don't think you can link it.

Check the embassy website for info about how to pay priority service

There used to be a way to link it. When you open the online portal, after applying for yourself, there was a place to apply for someone else. Then, the applications will be linked.

Cc cindylee
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bambash(m): 1:26pm On Jan 09, 2018
ekpotek:

Your documents are okay. Except missing are documents to proof strong home ties and the circumstances of the applicant (your wife). This was pointed out by ECO, who also refered to the previous refusal. To be honest with you as it stands, it will be very difficult for your wife to get a visitor visa given her circumstances and not your in Nigeria. The ECO know that there is strong possiblity for your wife to over stay and not return back to Nigeria since she does not have a job or any compelling reason to leave the UK after her visit. I also know of cases where mothers have successful apply to remain in the UK as the mother of British child (children) needing care. Just my thoughts.

Thanks Ekpotek,
But I work here and our last kid is also here with us. The kids school documents were attached to prove all that.
Doesn't the fact that I have a British passport and could decide to move over there with every one else any time mean anything to them? Why would we complicate things and spoil the chances of doing everything legally? This is just the point I would like them to understand. How does one go about doing it?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 3:32pm On Jan 09, 2018
bambash:

Thanks Ekpotek,
But I work here and our last kid is also here with us. The kids school documents were attached to prove all that.
Doesn't the fact that[b]I have a British passport and could decide to move over there with every one else any time mean anything to them?[/b] Why would we complicate things and spoil the chances of doing everything legally? This is just the point I would like them to understand. How does one go about doing it?

Home office have one goal: To reduce net immigration into the UK. You could relocate to the UK but you will need to apply for a spouse visa for your wife and meet the financial income requirement of £18,600 per annum or £62,000 cash in savings. This stuffs are not easy for spouse living and working outside the UK. Unless your wife circumstances changes she will always be refused. That is the home office rule irrespective of your nationality.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 3:40pm On Jan 09, 2018
blank:

There used to be a way to link it. When you open the online portal, after applying for yourself, there was a place to apply for someone else. Then, the applications will be linked.

Cc cindylee

There is an option within TLC website to do a group submission for more than one applications. Applying for someone else within the application portal does not link the applications for submission.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bambash(m): 3:56pm On Jan 09, 2018
ekpotek:

Home office have one goal: To reduce net immigration into the UK. You could relocate to the UK but you will need to apply for a spouse visa for your wife and meet the financial income requirement of £18,600 per annum or £62,000 cash in savings. This stuffs are not easy for spouse living and working outside the UK. Unless your wife circumstances changes she will always be refused. That is the home office rule irrespective of your nationality.

Ok cool...I understand all that. But isn't there a way to convince them that she wont be staying until we are good and ready. Can't I get a guarantor or something. Or have an agreement of some sort that will lead to me having my British Nationality revoked if we default. I really dnt want to bring the kids back after settling down over there and they miss each other so much.
Do I need to go the way of some others by falsifying stuff in order to get her a visa?
There has to be another way guys.... sad
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 5:21pm On Jan 09, 2018
bambash:

Ok cool...I understand all that. But isn't there a way to convince them that she wont be staying until we are good and ready. Can't I get a guarantor or something. Or have an agreement of some sort that will lead to me having my British Nationality revoked if we default. I really dnt want to bring the kids back after settling down over there and they miss each other so much.
Do I need to go the way of some others by falsifying stuff in order to get her a visa?
There has to be another way guys.... sad

Garantor or no garantor, nobody can revoke your British nationality if it is by birth. You may consider writing your MP to complain and intervene. Your MP will in turn write the home office to make a case for your wife. If successful, the refusal will be revoked. I do not know of any other legal ways. Trying to falsify stuffs will only led to a 10 years ban, so dont try it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bambash(m): 5:47pm On Jan 09, 2018
ekpotek:

Garantor or no garantor, nobody can revoke your British nationality if it is by birth. You may consider writing your MP to complain and intervene. Your MP will in turn write the home office to make a case for your wife. If successful, the refusal will be revoked. I do not know of any other legal ways. Trying to falsify stuffs will only led to a 10 years ban, so dont try it.

Thanks Ekpotek, but I really wasn't considering the falsification of stuff, that would be foolhardy. It is something I have always rejected when advised to do so because I believe she can get the visa without going through all that. I just hope I wont be proven wrong.

Thanks for your advice but does some one like me that isn't living over there have an MP or can my sibling write his MP?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 6:51pm On Jan 09, 2018
bambash:

Thanks Ekpotek, but I really wasn't considering the falsification of stuff, that would be foolhardy. It is something I have always rejected when advised to do so because I believe she can get the visa without going through all that. I just hope I wont be proven wrong.

Thanks for your advice but does some one like me that isn't living over there have an MP or can my sibling write his MP?

All you need is a UK based home address and phone number for correspondence. You can use your folks UK address. You can send the letter via email or post. So, just identify your MP representing your constituency. Focus your letter on rights of your wife to family life and that she was been unfairly deprived of visitng her kids for no reason. You can also enclose a copy of the redusal letter. Writing from experience, my wife had to use her MP to intervene, when home office was delaying the issuance of her British passport, eventhough she lives with me in Nigeria.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bambash(m): 7:00pm On Jan 09, 2018
ekpotek:

All you need is a UK based home address and phone number for correspondence. You can use your folks UK address. You can send the letter via email or post. So, just identify your MP representing your constituency. Focus your letter on rights of your wife to family life and that she was been unfairly deprived of visitng her kids for no reason. You can also enclose a copy of the redusal letter. Writing from experience, my wife had to use her MP to intervene, when home office was delaying the issuance of her British passport, eventhough she lives with me in Nigeria.

Many thanks once again. If this is the way forward then I will start looking in to it pronto.

Cheers mate you have been really helpful.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by blank(f): 8:08pm On Jan 09, 2018
ekpotek:

There is an option within TLC website to do a group submission for more than one applications. Applying for someone else within the application portal does not link the applications for submission.

I guess that's the new process. Years ago, I used that means to submit for my kids so that it would be together and then we go for the biometrics together.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Yababoy(m): 8:13pm On Jan 09, 2018
I appreciate the great job being done on this thread by the likes of Justwise who has been of immense help to me since 2011.
I just completed a Masters from the UK in September 2017 and I left the UK almost immediately to discuss some employment offers in Nigeria, one of which I eventually took. At that time I wasn't particularly interested in looking for a company to Sponsor my Tier 2 applications as I considered it too be a long process. However, I have recently heard that the Post Study Tier 2 visa route will be re-opened from the 11th of January.
I will like to know if it will still be possible for me to apply for the Tier 2 Post Study Visa from Nigeria given that my Tier 4 actually expires this month.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 8:28pm On Jan 09, 2018
bambash:

Many thanks once again. If this is the way forward then I will start looking in to it pronto.

Cheers mate you have been really helpful.

No problem. You’re welcome. One thing I can assure you is that you will certainly get a response from your MP. Provide as much details as possible in your letter to your MP to debunk all the issues raised by ECO. For instance, it is not the business of home office to question what the kids are doing in the UK. They’re British Citizen and you want to give them British education. That your wife is a full time Home maker and does not need to work as you can comfortable take care of her. Your kids cannot visit Nigeria as they are underage and cannot travel unaccompanied. You do not have plan of returning to UK soon because of your job. That the reasons for the refusal are unfounded, discriminatory and abuse of your wife’s right to family life. This is affecting your kids emotionally etc. Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:24pm On Jan 09, 2018
bambash:

Good morning Justwise,

Please find below the list of documents submitted

1. Our bank statements
2. Kids school documents
3. Printed whatsapp chats between wifey and the kids
4. Kids birth certificates
5. My brothers wife's Resident Permit
6 Data page of our British Passports (mine, my brothers and the kids)
7. My payslip
8. Letter of Introduction from my place of work
9. My land documents
10. Letter of invitation
11. Bills and letters written to my brother as proof of address

The list you submitted is good I guess you did not add additional document explaining your wife's situation properly.

Her chances of getting a visa is high if you reapplied and explain things better. Your wife will not leave a young kid back in Nigeria to run off to live in the UK. She is a homemaker and not expected to have a lot of money running in her account.

Take your time and explain things in a separate paper in support of her application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:27pm On Jan 09, 2018
iyaaliyah:
Goodmorning. Pls is it advisable to book an hostel or shared bathroom for 5day visit? Won't this make a negative impression on the VO?

2. Does US share data with UK. The question in the form where it's asked if you have been denied visa to any country. My friend feels it's not necessary to say she hasn't been denied. I feel it's right to say the truth that she has been denied.
3. The question: do you have another income or any saving, my friend has another small business apart ftom her constant salary. its not registered and money isn't constant and the closing balance can't even be up to 100k. Can she answer this as savings or other income?
Pls help. @justwise

1. Doesn't matter

2. Your friend will learn from experience when she earns herself 10yrs ban.

3. Declare all other source of income.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:29pm On Jan 09, 2018
blank:

Cc cindylee

That was my understanding too before people started complaining that they can't link application again when the new form was introduced last year
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:31pm On Jan 09, 2018
ekpotek:

Not that much, it's £16,000 if no child is involved, if the children are British then there is no additional financial requirement.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fabfiyin1: 11:06pm On Jan 09, 2018
My ukvi story
This is long story, sorry
So 1st thing I have had uk visitor visa 3x
Travelled about 5 times
Also note is I had 2 previous refusal b4 the visas.

Point to note. I was a student then. My father sponsored me.
So I made an application in May, i applied for vositor visa, although i also wanted to take a professional exams (didn't mention this) i applied weeks after finishing NYSC ( so I filled unemployed, however explained that in), my sister had also felt I didn't have enough cash in my account so she deposited 1 million.
Honestly I didn't taken the application dt seriously I felt my previous immigration history will speak for me.
Lol, I was refused. I was shocked.
So error majorly money lodgement and unemployment.

Heartbroken, I said I won't apply again but some people were of the opinion it best I reapply immediately and attack all issue raised.
I did and had to wait almost 2month to receive another refusal., this was in July. I did make post during and after this application
This time it didn't make sense cos i tackled everything in the previous refusal with evidence
While awaiting the response I took up an employment-:great decision. The employment was  for 6month- contract. Most people get renewal at the end of their contract
I decided I will face my work and apply later this year with the hope that I will be renew.

Come November I received a bombshell, no renewal as they r letting someone go, although temporary(still work there)

So I hurried, applied for my exams, gathered my document
Applied solely for the exams unlike family visit the previous times.

Previous travel details
Exams booking
Previous step exams pass
Husband consent letter, passport page + baby birth certificate
Cover letter stating previous refusal although I didn't dwell on it.
Invitation letter from the uk+ passport page and utility bill
Bank statement 2 savings account
Letter from Employer.
Previous employment and education certificate
Marriage evidence
Shares certificate
Car documents as I didn't have landed property
Tenancy agreement of present accomodation and utility bill( in husband name)

So new timeline
Biometric 13th
Decision made email 9/1

Decision positive.
I thank God
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by hpmrentals: 5:35am On Jan 10, 2018
Pls i need urgent answet. Am applying for france visa but got confused somewhere and need clarity. I want to go for a ten days training in prophetic ministry in France, Pls what categories of visa need to aplly? Also from the question Number of Stays Planned in France for the Coming Year? What do they mean by this? And what do i asnwer? Pls respond as soon as possible
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bambash(m): 5:37am On Jan 10, 2018
justwise:

The list you submitted is good I guess you did not add additional document explaining your wife's situation properly.

Her chances of getting a visa is high if you reapplied and explain things better. Your wife will not leave a young kid back in Nigeria to run off to live in the UK. She is a homemaker and not expected to have a lot of money running in her account.

Take your time and explain things in a separate paper in support of her application.

Good morning Justwise,

I might as well give it another try before I write to the MP as Ekpotek suggested. For your information the last child is also British, and it is stated that they will be travelling together to visit. I hope they wont believe she wants to take him to stay too?
Also, what do you think about her applying for 2 yrs and not 6 months? I read somewhere that if you have a genuine reason for entering the UK often that you can do so. What can be more genuine than what we have at hand? Your thoughts please.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 9:26am On Jan 10, 2018
justwise:

Not that much,[b] it's £16,000 [/b]if no child is involved, if the children are British then there is no additional financial requirement.

£62000 applies for spousal visa using entirely the cash saving route and not UK employment. I don’t know if the amount have changed as you have stated.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by LagosismyHome(f): 12:22pm On Jan 10, 2018
justwise:

Not that much, it's £16,000 if no child is involved, if the children are British then there is no additional financial requirement.

£18,600 Is the income amount expected

£16,000 Is cash savings
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 2:08pm On Jan 10, 2018
LagosismyHome:

£18,600 Is the income amount expected

£16,000 Is cash savings

According this document see section 7

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/636618/Appendix_FM_1_7_Financial_Requirement_Final.pdf

The cash saving y requirement is
(X-£1600) /2.5 = y
So to meet the £18,600 (y) financial income amount by cash saving only you would need a cash saving (x) of minimum of £62500.

That is
(£62500 - £16000) /2.5 = £18600

So when home office say above £16000. It is actually deceptive and does not mean that you have met the financial requirement if you have a cash saving of £16100, unless you are combining cash saving with other sources of income. I stand to be corrected.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by LagosismyHome(f): 2:29pm On Jan 10, 2018
ekpotek:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/636618/Appendix_FM_1_7_Financial_Requirement_Final.pdf

(X-£1600) /2.5 = y
So to meet the £18,600 (y) financial income amount by cash saving only you would need a cash saving (x) of minimum of £62500.

That is

So when home office say above £16000. It is actually deceptive and does not mean that you have met the financial requirement if you have a cash saving of £16100, unless you are combining cash saving with other sources of income. I stand to be corrected.

In terms of 62,500 Yes you are right on that as i know someone who went through that process.

The 16,000 Was based on how it is worded on the website
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bambash(m): 3:23pm On Jan 10, 2018
ekpotek:

(X-£1600) /2.5 = y

That is

No wonder people are cutting corners any how to remain in the country. That's a huge some of money. And I believe the income must be earned there in the UK right?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 3:56pm On Jan 10, 2018
bambash:

No wonder people are cutting corners any how to remain in the country. That's a huge some of money. And I believe the income must be earned there in the UK right?

Not necessarily. The document shows a variety of ways to meet the financial requirement with fund within and outside the UK. Most Nigerian in the UK are able to meet the financial requirement through income, as such there is a huge application and a thread on nairaland for UK spouse visa. This financial requirement is mainly targeted at low income earners or those living on social benefit in the UK. For the British Citizen who is desperate to bring their non-Eu spouse into UK and unable to meet the financial requirement, hop for SS route, where the British Citizen moves to any Eu country to work and live for about 6 months and return back to UK with the non-Eu souse using Eu immigration laws at UK are bound to implement. This perhaps is why Brexit was voted for so that UK can leave the EU and take full control of UK border.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by johnwisdom10(m): 4:32pm On Jan 10, 2018
Good evening to all nairalander! I'm directing this question to my oga Mr @justwise and others who can help. I attach me and wife pictures on one of her visit to Nigeria. The question is that I want to apply for settlement in the U.K. And she's the sponsor and she will be printing her pay slip as a proof that she can take care of us without public funds! Now the problem is do I need to summit my payslip too? Cos one I'm a self employed doing business in Nigeria and I don't have salary since I'm a businessman. Please can she take care of the sponsorship?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:00pm On Jan 10, 2018
ekpotek:

(X-£1600) /2.5 = y

That is

Nah! who in his right mind expect somebody to have £62500 saved up for spouse visa application? That was an example and they gave other examples regarding using cash savings see my attachment

If you are earning £18,600 gross salary you have met financial requirement when no child is involved, even the £18600 was challenged in court though the govt won but an adjustment was made meaning that a 3rd party can no contribute to help an applicant meet financial requirement.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:04pm On Jan 10, 2018
bambash:

Good morning Justwise,

I might as well give it another try before I write to the MP as Ekpotek suggested. For your information the last child is also British, and it is stated that they will be travelling together to visit. I hope they wont believe she wants to take him to stay too?
Also, what do you think about her applying for 2 yrs and not 6 months? I read somewhere that if you have a genuine reason for entering the UK often that you can do so. What can be more genuine than what we have at hand? Your thoughts please.

Thanks

Yes if you have genuine reason for applying for two years visa you can do that but personally i will go for 6months if this is her first application else go for 2yrs.

If they can get a letter from the MP quicker it will be an added advantage.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:07pm On Jan 10, 2018
johnwisdom10:
Good evening to all nairalander! I'm directing this question to my oga Mr @justwise and others who can help. I attach me and wife pictures on one of her visit to Nigeria. The question is that I want to apply for settlement in the U.K. And she's the sponsor and she will be printing her pay slip as a proof that she can take care of us without public funds! Now the problem is do I need to summit my payslip too? Cos one I'm a self employed doing business in Nigeria and I don't have salary since I'm a businessman. Please can she take care of the sponsorship?

No you don't need to do that.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bambash(m): 7:03pm On Jan 10, 2018
justwise:

Yes if you have genuine reason for applying for two years visa you can do that but personally i will go for 6months if this is her first application else go for 2yrs.

If they can get a letter from the MP quicker it will be an added advantage.

Many thanks for the advice.

(1) (2) (3) ... (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.