Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,271 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:08 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (389) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1525027 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mavinc4u(f): 10:49pm On Jan 15, 2018
justwise:

I'm really not sure that will be accepted because it will expire by the time they started processing your application.

please is this tuberculosis test compulsory for all visa applicant?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by JFJDecorative: 10:50pm On Jan 15, 2018
Good evening Justwise and anyone that can help!

Ive followed your threads on this forum for some years and believe you to be an expert in all things visa �
I would really like your urgent advice for my husband.

So I’m a UK citizen living in Nigeria. I met my husband here in 2013 and got married in 2014. We have a daughter who also has UK citizenship (Dual like me).
My husband has travelled out like 3 times through his office; he has been granted a Schengen visa every time. He now wants to travel to the UK, early february for a few days. The issue now is his passport. It has had the wrong date of birth for years. All the times he has travelled with it to Germany, it had the wrong date of birth. Now he wants to go to the UK for a few days, he will have to submit our marriage certficate (which has the correct DOB). All his other documents have his correct DOB apart from his passport. What are the chances of him being granted the visa? Is it worth the risk? Could he be banned if/when they see the disparity? What is the solution? If he quickly gets the DOB changed, wont the UK embassy query it and deny and also sanction?
Some people have told him that he cant even get the DOB changed right now as the embassy is ‘preoccupied’ with a few things for now.

What do you think?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:53pm On Jan 15, 2018
mavinc4u:

please is this tuberculosis test compulsory for all visa applicant?

No, TB test is only for student, spouse, work visa etc

No TB for tourist visa application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:01pm On Jan 15, 2018
JFJDecorative:
Good evening Justwise and anyone that can help!

Ive followed your threads on this forum for some years and believe you to be an expert in all things visa �
I would really like your urgent advice for my husband.

So I’m a UK citizen living in Nigeria. I met my husband here in 2013 and got married in 2014. We have a daughter who also has UK citizenship (Dual like me).
My husband has travelled out like 3 times through his office; he has been granted a Schengen visa every time. He now wants to travel to the UK, early february for a few days. The issue now is his passport. It has had the wrong date of birth for years. All the times he has travelled with it to Germany, it had the wrong date of birth. Now he wants to go to the UK for a few days, he will have to submit our marriage certficate (which has the correct DOB). All his other documents have his correct DOB apart from his passport. What are the chances of him being granted the visa? Is it worth the risk? Could he be banned if/when they see the disparity? What is the solution? If he quickly gets the DOB changed, wont the UK embassy query it and deny and also sanction?
Some people have told him that he cant even get the DOB changed right now as the embassy is ‘preoccupied’ with a few things for now.

What do you think?

My first Nigerian passport had a wrong DOB but i did not notice it until it was pointed out to me at heathrow airport and i explained to them that it was a mistake from the immigration that i will correct it when renewing that passport, that was exactly what i did. All my other documents have the correct DOB.

Your hubby can apply with it but to have rest of mind he can make a note of that for ECO and also state that it will be corrected when getting the passport renewed. The good thing is that he has traveled with it to other countries and other documents have the correct DOB

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by MamaGiovanni: 11:46pm On Jan 15, 2018
justwise:

Yes its compulsory to submit your husband's bank statement and payslips to support your application since he is the sponsor.

You can't submit just the payslip and letter from his workplace.

Pls Sir, my husband is Not the sponsor. I'm sponsoring myself....with savings from my salary. I'll definitely submit my own bank account.

I stayed in my application that my husband is the main bread winner of the family and caters for the family, which is why is spend little of my own salary and save a lot. To prove this, can I submit only the payslips and letter from work or must I submit his own bank statement cos he's not sponsoring my trip.
Thanks Sir.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by JFJDecorative: 5:42am On Jan 16, 2018
justwise:

My first Nigerian passport had a wrong DOB but i did not notice it until it was pointed out to me at heathrow airport and i explained to them that it was a mistake from the immigration that i will correct it when renewing that passport, that was exactly what i did. All my other documents have the correct DOB.

Your hubby can apply with it but to have rest of mind he can make a note of that for ECO and also state that it will be corrected when getting the passport renewed. The good thing is that he has traveled with it to other countries and other documents have the correct DOB

Thanks for your response!

What is ECO?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:29am On Jan 16, 2018
JFJDecorative:

Thanks for your response!

What is ECO?

Entry Clearance Officer

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:37am On Jan 16, 2018
MamaGiovanni:

Pls Sir, my husband is Not the sponsor. I'm sponsoring myself....with savings from my salary. I'll definitely submit my own bank account.

I stayed in my application that my husband is the main bread winner of the family and caters for the family, which is why is spend little of my own salary and save a lot. To prove this, can I submit only the payslips and letter from work or must I submit his own bank statement cos he's not sponsoring my trip.
Thanks Sir.

Ok sorry i got that wrong but you still have to submit his bank statement if you are getting him involved in your application, payslip alone is not good enough as it does not show the availability of cash.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by MamaGiovanni: 7:31am On Jan 16, 2018
justwise:

Ok sorry i got that wrong but you still have to submit his bank statement if you are getting him involved in your application, payslip alone is not good enough as it does not show the availability of cash.

Alright. Thank you so much for your prompt response!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by princeofdworld: 7:57am On Jan 16, 2018
justwise:

All u have to do is to let ur husband get a court Affidavit stating his real age and that the immigration made a mistake .. And he should also get an age declaration...and let him summit alongside with his application.. Simple

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by JFJDecorative: 10:16am On Jan 16, 2018
princeofdworld:

All u have to do is to let ur husband get a court Affidavit stating his real age and that the immigration made a mistake .. And he should also get an age declaration...and let him summit alongside with his application.. Simple

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bambash(m): 1:48pm On Jan 16, 2018
Hi Justwise, Ekpotek and all other gurus in the house,

I am about to apply for a 6 months visa again for my wife and this time will lay everything on the table.

But can I go ahead and choose tourism under the visa category despite the fact that they are already aware that its our kids she wants to visit?

Regards
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by danberg: 5:19pm On Jan 16, 2018
Hello House, Happy New Year all

Great job Op and all contributors here.

Kindly advise;

I want to know if applying for a UK visa would be okay as I intend travelling to appeal my UK passport denial. (I am a UK citizen by birth but have lived in Nigeria and never had a British passport).

Passport application was refused in last stage due to Nigerian countersignatory (a pastor) referring to me as his brother back in 2000 or so. My wife travelled to London early 2017 and we plan going together by March/April.

Thank you

P.S.
Someone told me of a lady who got a temporary travel document to UK from Accra (she never had a UK passport before). Would this approach work in my circumstance?

Thanks again for your prompt response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 5:23pm On Jan 16, 2018
bambash:
Hi Justwise, Ekpotek and all other gurus in the house,

I am about to apply for a 6 months visa again for my wife and this time will lay everything on the table.

But can I go ahead and choose tourism under the visa category despite the fact that they are already aware that its our kids she wants to visit?

Regards

Always keep the record straight and consistent.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 5:25pm On Jan 16, 2018
danberg:

Kindly advise;

I want to know if applying for a UK visa would be okay as I intend travelling to appeal my UK passport denial. (I am a UK citizen by birth but have lived in Nigeria and never had a British passport).

Passport application was refused in last stage due to Nigerian countersignatory (a pastor) referring to me as his brother back in 2000 or so. My wife travelled to London early 2017 and we plan going together by March/April.

Thank you

P.S.
Someone told me of a lady who got a temporary travel document to UK from Accra (she never had a UK passport before). Would this approach work in my circumstance?

It will be refused because you are a British citizen. Fight the reason for the passport refusal and not applying for visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Usmleapp1: 5:52pm On Jan 16, 2018
Gurus please help. I applied for a U.K. Visit visa - long term (2 years) and I just an email from TLS. I'm scared. It had only my GWF number and not a different reference number and it was addressed as dear applicant not my full name. I can't tell if I've gotten the visa. The only email I received from Sheffield was the one telling me they had received my documents. Here's the email I received from TLS:

Reference number: GWF0XXXXXXXX
Dear Applicant,
Your passport and supporting documentation are now ready for collection at the TLScontact UK Visa Application Centre. You can collect your documents in person or by a representative.
Collection in person
Please provide following:
Your Application Checklist
Your Original Photographic ID
Copy of Your Photographic ID
Collecting using a representative
Representative’s Original Photographic ID
Copy of Representative’s Photographic ID
Signed Letter of Authorisation from You (clearly stating the Representative’s details)
You can check collection times and the Centre address on the Address and opening hours page. You are advised to make prompt arrangements to collect your documents from the Visa Application Centre as TLScontact is only able to hold them for 30 days. After this time they will be returned to UK Visas and Immigration, who will pass them on to the issuing authority.
Return by Courier
If your documents are being sent back to you by courier, it will be dispatched within 24 business hours. You will receive an additional email from TLScontact to confirm when they have been dispatched. The local courier service provider may also confirm this with you, depending upon which courier is used in your area.
This is a post only email that is not monitored, please do not reply to this address. If you wish to contact us, please check our Contact Us page.
The information contained in this communication is privileged and confidential. The content is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by telephone or e-mail, and delete this message from your systems.
Best regards,
TLScontact team
adm.uk.tlscontact.com/ng
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bambash(m): 5:58pm On Jan 16, 2018
justwise:
[/b]

Always keep the record straight and consistent.

Ok thanks!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by danberg: 6:30pm On Jan 16, 2018
justwise:

It will be refused because you are a British citizen. Fight the reason for the passport refusal and not applying for visa

Thanks for your prompt response.
You didn't comment on my remark on the lady who got a temporary travel document to UK though.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Oopsy(f): 9:38pm On Jan 16, 2018
Hello team,
pardon me if this has been answered before. I have been rejected Uk visa twice (in 2009 and 2013). I am currently filling a form for visa to another country and i need to indicate any country where i have been refused visa and state the reasons. Truth is, i cant remember the reason as i was too bitter to read what was sent to me. Is there any way i can get the reasons for the refusal without having to compulsorily find the hard copy letter?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 11:18pm On Jan 16, 2018
danberg:

Kindly advise;

Thank you

P.S.

If you have Nigerian passport with good travel history and good financial income in Nigeria, you can apply for visit visa. Just dont disclose your British Nationality in the application. Just apply as a Nigerian born in the UK. My wife was in your shoes as she was born British by birth, but grew up in Nigeria. She got a UK visitor visa by applying as a Nigeria in 2013. However, her two subsequent application in 2014 was denied because she had a pending British passport application she submitted upon arrival in the UK in 2013. Thank God she go her British Passport issued eventually in 2015 in Nigeria. If you want to fight for your British passport contact an immigration lawyer.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 11:26pm On Jan 16, 2018
danberg:

Thanks for your prompt response.
You didn't comment on my remark on the lady who got a temporary travel document to UK though.

Emergency travel document are only issued if your British passport is missing/stolen and you need to travel back to UK urgently. In this case you are not qualified for ET as you have never held a Adult British passport before.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 11:31pm On Jan 16, 2018
Oopsy:
Hello team,
pardon me if this has been answered before. I have been rejected Uk visa twice (in 2009 and 2013). I am currently filling a form for visa to another country and i need to indicate any country where i have been refused visa and state the reasons. Truth is, i cant remember the reason as i was too bitter to read what was sent to me. Is there any way i can get the reasons for the refusal without having to compulsorily find the hard copy letter?

Most UK refusal are due to lack of home ties or insufficient documents. If the country is in doubt, they will cross check with UKIV.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:39am On Jan 17, 2018
ekpotek:

If you have Nigerian passport with good travel history and good financial income in Nigeria, you can apply for visit visa. Just dont disclose your British Nationality in the application. Just apply as a Nigerian born in the UK. My wife was in your shoes as she was born British by birth, but grew up in Nigeria. She got a UK visitor visa by applying as a Nigeria in 2013. However, her two subsequent application in 2014 was denied because she had a pending British passport application she submitted upon arrival in the UK in 2013. Thank God she go her British Passport issued eventually in 2015 in Nigeria. If you want to fight for your British passport contact an immigration lawyer.

I don't always disagree with you but in this case i have to, he applied for British passport before and was refused for some unclear reasons and now you want him to apply for visiting visa without mentioning his British citizenship status, have you forgotten that they have his record already and the reason for the previous application? You can only do that if you have never applied for British passport before and they have no record of you as British citizen.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 8:18am On Jan 17, 2018
justwise:

I don't always disagree with you but in this case i have to, he applied for British passport before and was refused for some unclear reasons and now you want him to apply for visiting visa without mentioning his British citizenship status, have you forgotten that they have his record already and the reason for the previous application? You can only do that if you have never applied for British passport before and they have no record of you as British citizen.

@Justwise. Thanks I also know that we have been in agreement in most cases. Permit me to share another experience. My brother in-law is also British by birth like my wife. He applied twice for his British passport in Nigeria and was refused due to insufficient document. Later he started working for a Big company that sent him to UK for 9 months trainibg on a work visa, where he attempted again but his application was not processed. Because he is a big man, he successfuly applied for 6 months, 2 and 5 years UK visit visa and currently have a 5 years visa till 2018. When I asked him to apply again for his British passport, he told me that he was not interested as he had tried it twice. So in 2013, when my wife and I visited the UK to see an immigration lawyer, who advise that it was more stronger that my wife and his brother apply together. That was how my brother reluctantly came to London and went with my wife to Home office to make enquire and put in another application, which was eventually issued in 2015 after several delays including using a immigration lawyer to fight the case. So it quite possible to apply as a Nigeria if the OP has never been issue a adult British passport before. He will only raise issue if he declare in his nationality as British when in fact he his techincally not until he get his British passport. My brother in law in all his applications for UK visit visa, only disclosed that he was born in the UK and not that he was a British Citizen. Now when I ask him if he as any intention of relocating to the UK. He will answer no, that his UK passport is just for him to travel visa free.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Julify13: 1:23pm On Jan 17, 2018
OMG! I am shaking right now. I just got a call from the uk visa officer asking me questions on my moms application. which we submitted on the 10th.

WHat does this phone call mean and why do they do that. I ask coz this is the first time i'm getting a call from them.

Now I am Anxious and panicky. Please say a prayer for me as I am desperate for my mom's help over here as the baby is on its way soon.

Julify13:
Thank you ever so much for all your responses- Ekpotek,blza,ijeshalomo,justwise.

Now here is a bit of background on this issue. My visited us in Nov 2016 and left feb 2017. Now I am with child and due to give birth soon. TBH I really want her to come and stay for about 5months and help me with the new child. Please I humbly ask that you advice me based on the questions below…

The thing is now-
(1) what to say in my cover letter as reason why she overstayed the first time (yes it was a family visit visa)
(2) if I state that I want her to stay for five months, do you think they’d think its ludicrous and not grant her? If yes, do I state that yes I want her to come and help me with the new baby?

(3) I stated that she was unemployed and has a husband in her first visa and didn’t provide any bank statements from her, rather I supplied my husbands and our land registry docs and passport docs.
(4) What do they look for in a bank statement? The fact that one has a huge lump sum of money or ability to prove that money comes in and out regardless of what is in there at a given time?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by dohyn(m): 2:06pm On Jan 17, 2018
I reapplied for a 6month visa and got the same email now. First time I applied, the email came addressed to me personally. Anyways, I just picked up the Visa now,so I don't think the way the email was addressed matters. Hope you get yours.

Usmleapp1:
Gurus please help. I applied for a U.K. Visit visa - long term (2 years) and I just an email from TLS. I'm scared. It had only my GWF number and not a different reference number and it was addressed as dear applicant not my full name. I can't tell if I've gotten the visa. The only email I received from Sheffield was the one telling me they had received my documents. Here's the email I received from TLS:

Reference number: GWF0XXXXXXXX
Dear Applicant,
Your passport and supporting documentation are now ready for collection at the TLScontact UK Visa Application Centre. You can collect your documents in person or by a representative.
Collection in person
Collecting using a representative
Representative’s Original Photographic ID
Copy of Representative’s Photographic ID
Signed Letter of Authorisation from You (clearly stating the Representative’s details)
You can check collection times and the Centre address on the Address and opening hours page. You are advised to make prompt arrangements to collect your documents from the Visa Application Centre as TLScontact is only able to hold them for 30 days. After this time they will be returned to UK Visas and Immigration, who will pass them on to the issuing authority.
Return by Courier
If your documents are being sent back to you by courier, it will be dispatched within 24 business hours. You will receive an additional email from TLScontact to confirm when they have been dispatched. The local courier service provider may also confirm this with you, depending upon which courier is used in your area.
This is a post only email that is not monitored, please do not reply to this address. If you wish to contact us, please check our Contact Us page.
The information contained in this communication is privileged and confidential. The content is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by telephone or e-mail, and delete this message from your systems.
Best regards,
TLScontact team
adm.uk.tlscontact.com/ng
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by danberg: 2:45pm On Jan 17, 2018
ekpotek:

Thanks for your response Ekpotek.
Your response is spot-on!
Thanks again
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by danberg: 2:47pm On Jan 17, 2018
ekpotek:

Emergency travel document are only issued if your British passport is missing/stolen and you need to travel back to UK urgently. In this case you are not qualified for ET as you have never held a Adult British passport before.
You're correct. Apparently the info I got wasn't accurate.
I spoke to the person involved yesternight and discovered she lost her previous British passport.
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Usmleapp1: 2:50pm On Jan 17, 2018
[quote author=dohyn post=64278786]I reapplied for a 6month visa and got the same email now. First time I applied, the email came addressed to me personally. Anyways, I just picked up the Visa now,so I don't think the way the email was addressed matters. Hope you get yours.

[/congrats on getting yours. So was your email from TLS? Or the embassy? Also did the email as dear applicant? Or with your full name? Was a ref Nunber included? Sorry about the many questions. Thanks. ]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by danberg: 2:52pm On Jan 17, 2018
justwise:

Refused due to insufficient docs
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by dohyn(m): 4:45pm On Jan 17, 2018
The email came from TLS. It was addressed as "dear applicant " and it had my GWF reference number.

quote author=Usmleapp1 post=64279779][/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.