Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,213 members, 7,818,722 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (410) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1530212 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 3:06pm On Mar 12, 2018
chilove02:
Hello Justwise,
To be honest I am confused right now with all the different information I have gathered so far. Please all I need is an advise and I know I would get it from this platform. Please I need the correct information.

Thanks.

Counting from the first visa when will you clock 5yrs in the UK? Have you left the UK and stay more than 90days?

Did you read that somewhere or just personal view?

The general rule is that the earliest you can submit your application for FLR or ILR must be 28 days before the date your current visa expire. Your date start counting the first day you set foot into the UK and not necessarily the date on the visa sticker. So for example, if you arrived in UK on your settlement visa on 17th June 2015, you can apply on 17th December 2017 (30-month anniversary), minus 28 days which will be 19th November 2017. So that's the first day you can book your premium service centre appointment for (for same-day service) or send off your application by post. The gap in your dates between your visa stickers is propobably due to the fact the UKVI are counting your residency from the day you set foot into UK soil and not the date on the visa sticker. So just use this method to calculate if you are due for ILR to remain. Nevertheless you do not need to worry, just count form the date you arrived into UK till now and see if you’re qualified to apply for ILR. Hope this help.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 3:11pm On Mar 12, 2018
senors:
Good Morning,
Please I need your advise on this: we submitted a group application and we paid for one of the applications that the passport be delivered through courier and other persons will be available to collect physically.

Now we have changed our mind that the other four should be delivered through courier. Can this service still be used through TLS? If yes, how do we go about it? We submitted the application 1st of March.

Thanks as I anticipate your response.

All passport are delivered to TLS who in turn will courier them for those that paid for the service. You should contact TLS to see if your request can be accommodated. Courier service delivery is entirely a TLS services and not UKVI.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 3:30pm On Mar 12, 2018
gaskinachi:
@justwise and the house
my cousin was just refused a Uk visiting visa this am. Here is the refusal letter below. Documents he submitted were
1. 5 mth Bank statement wit opening balance of 1,480,036.53 ngn closing balance :2,133,104.32
2. 4 mth payslips
3.letter of introduction from place of work
4. Itinerary
5. Marriage certificate
6. Appointment letter
7. Aquarium and madam tussauds ticket for sigh seeing
8. Copy of company (he works for) business registration.
9. Copy of ID card
He works as an account exec and his monthly samary is 300k naira after taxes . Please kindly advise if he should reapply or let it be for now .thanks

The refusal letter is based on the fact that the applicatant did not provide a cover letter detailing information on the visit. If the visit is for tourism, then the applicant must provide a detail itinerary listing tourist location to visit, date of visit and why. Also the applicant must correct the mistake pointed out by the ECO on living expenses. If the applicant wish to reapply, he/she must read backward on this thead on how to package a tourist application. Many applicants with less income have gotten tourist visa by providing detail information on their visit as first time visitors.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by gaskinachi(m): 4:57pm On Mar 12, 2018
ekpotek:

The refusal letter is based on the fact that the applicatant did not provide a cover letter detailing information on the visit. If the visit is for tourism, then the applicant must provide a detail itinerary listing tourist location to visit, date of visit and why. Also the applicant must correct the mistake pointed out by the ECO on living expenses. If the applicant wish to reapply, he/she must read backward on this thead on how to package a tourist application. Many applicants with less income have gotten tourist visa by providing detail information on their visit as first time visitors.

Thanks ekpotek he included a detailed itinerary. Of his travel plans ,I’d try to send images of the documents included once I can get a hold of it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by seunshaks: 7:44pm On Mar 12, 2018
Hello People, very nice workyoubare doing here. Please may I also tap from the very good advice here.

I just got a job with a Uk based coy to resume in the Uk head office on 9th April for a two weeks induction and training, after which I will be back in Nigeria to continue my job as their staff.
This will be my first time applying for a Uk visa.
Please what do I need to be able to apply successfully for this visa?
When is the best time to pay for the visa? Is payment made online before download of form or after downloading form for submission at TLS?
Am I to make available my statement of account or the company is to do that?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Olowogbogboro17: 3:11am On Mar 13, 2018
Olowogbogboro17:

Thank you bro.

What do you think is realistic, 90k, 110k

@ekpotek

Is 90k living expenses for a single guy with a salary of 260k reasonable
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by senors(m): 5:23am On Mar 13, 2018
I appreciate your response. I have contacted TLS and unfortunately the request can't be accommodated.

Also do you have an idea of when the 2weeks processing time starts counting is it from Biometric date or the day its passed to decision making section confirmed by UKVI sheffield.

ekpotek:

All passport are delivered to TLS who in turn will courier them for those that paid for the service. You should contact TLS to see if your request can be accommodated. Courier service delivery is entirely a TLS services and not UKVI.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by moskito36(m): 7:18am On Mar 13, 2018
pls help...
i have 2 jobs,( a govt and a locum. Am I to sum up the total income from both jobs in this section or just the income from the locum (1.2m/yr)

Also my bank balance which is my savings salary account which i use for both jobs only (which i'm submitting), should i declare it as the savings in this section?

P.S i have no other savings except unspent funds (after monthly expenses) from the salary account.

thanks.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by seunshaks: 9:27am On Mar 13, 2018
can sm1 help out pleaseee!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 9:34am On Mar 13, 2018
Olowogbogboro17:

@ekpotek

Is 90k living expenses for a single guy with a salary of 260k reasonable

You should be honest as I believed that you should know what you spend monthly on the average as living expenses. The ECO is not fooled, they can determine your pattern of expenses from your bank statement.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 9:41am On Mar 13, 2018
moskito36:
pls help...
i have 2 jobs,( a govt and a locum. Am I to sum up the total income from both jobs in this section or just the income from the locum (1.2m/yr)

Also my bank balance which is my savings salary account which i use for both jobs only (which i'm submitting), should i declare it as the savings in this section?

P.S i have no other savings except unspent funds (after monthly expenses) from the salary account.

thanks.

Provide income from your main job. If you have other sources of income then declare it also. You cannot sum up the two. All savings should be in another bank account.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by solaiphones: 10:05am On Mar 13, 2018
Hello my people in the house,please i need you advice on uk visiting visa application. i have applied for UK visa twice but got denied both times. The last was 2014 since then i haven't applied. what really happened was that my dad resides in the UK and he got a green paper.At the same time i'm having a guardian in the UK who is my dad teacher in Nigeria in the 1960s a white-man with British identity my dad reside with him in the UK. he wants me to visit him in the uk he is the sponsor er of my visit to the uk so he will responsible for my all my financial responsibility in the uk although he was the taking care of my welfare and education in Nigeria he plays a fathers role.but the British authority rejected my visa then saying i have no social economy tie to nigeria that there's no probabilities that i will return after my visit to the uk. then my dad and my guardian sent all the required document like bank statement of account worth of 80,000 pounds. they said i don't have asset in nigeria but i don't where they expect a student like me to have asset since i am not working i'm only a dependent(i have enclosed a copy of the refusal letter)
Now i have just concluded my university education waiting to go for my NYSC in november 2018. but i wanna visit the UK for my holiday till november which i will come back for my service. i have spoken to dad and guardian about it he has agreed to financed everything and send all the required document to me. but the problem i'm having now is that my finances are not stable i only got 45,000 a month for my allowance from my guardian so i don't have so much saving since i don't have any work. please i will really need your advise on what to do about getting this visit visa. waiting patiently for you advice on this issue thanks

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by pharuk: 12:10pm On Mar 13, 2018
Hello all,
Really need help here.
I work for the ministry so not a great amount of pay, my brother and sister is in the UK and i was hoping to spend some weeks there with my hubby.
I have been to the UK before.

My brother is sponsoring the flight, accommodation etc

He provided all supporting statement, bank details, pay slip, mortgage etc.

i added my savings and current account statement, issue is that i receive my salary in one account and move everything to a different account, one of my statement showed account balance of N500 because the money was moved to the other account.

I got refused because it shows the account was low.

can i do the following?
1. reapply saying he is sponsoring everything so no need to submit my statement?
2. reapply without showing the account that the showed the low balance?

has anyone been successful for applying for visit visa stating full sponsorship by relative abroad without adding any person bank details?

Thanks

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Phenmeson(m): 12:24pm On Mar 13, 2018
pharuk:
Hello all,
Really need help here.
I work for the ministry so not a great amount of pay, my brother and sister is in the UK and i was hoping to spend some weeks there with my hubby.
I have been to the UK before.

My brother is sponsoring the flight, accommodation etc

He provided all supporting statement, bank details, pay slip, mortgage etc.

i added my savings and current account statement, issue is that i receive my salary in one account and move everything to a different account, one of my statement showed account balance of N500 because the money was moved to the other account.

I got refused because it shows the account was low.

can i do the following?
1. reapply saying he is sponsoring everything so no need to submit my statement?
2. reapply without showing the account that the showed the low balance?

has anyone been successful for applying for visit visa stating full sponsorship by relative abroad without adding any person bank details?

Thanks

If your brother or family members want you to visit UK,they can provide all the proof of them sponsoring your accommodation,feeding,travelling expenses e.t.c
Is very rare for a Nig applicant earning less than #100,000 to granted a Visiting visa because no person in the world will use all is savings just to visit abroad for a month & return back.
If you can explain the legit source of the money in your GT Bank then your Visa can be granted.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by wola44: 1:04pm On Mar 13, 2018
Hello House,

1. Can i submit more than 6 months bank statement ?

2. Can i use GT bank Naira mastercard to pay for my VISA fee ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ysakaws1: 1:31pm On Mar 13, 2018
Please I need someone’s help.

I school and I am currently in Ghana. My father wants to apply for a UK visa for me while I am in Ghana. He is going to apply and pay from Nigeria. An ex-schoolmate once got a Canada visa from Ghana while his father applied and paid from Nigeria but I do not have his contact anymore to confirm how it was done.

ANY IDEA HOW TO DO THIS PLEASE?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by senors(m): 4:12pm On Mar 13, 2018
Please who have an idea of when the 2weeks visa processing time starts counting is it from Biometric date or the day its passed to decision making section confirmed by UKVI sheffield
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Phenmeson(m): 7:59pm On Mar 13, 2018
senors:
Please who have an idea of when the 2weeks visa processing time starts counting is it from Biometric date or the day its passed to decision making section confirmed by UKVI sheffield

From experience,2weeks starts from after doing your Biometric

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Phenmeson(m): 8:00pm On Mar 13, 2018
senors:

2weeks starts from after doing your Biometric

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Phenmeson(m): 8:04pm On Mar 13, 2018
Ysakaws1:
Please I need someone’s help.

I school and I am currently in Ghana. My father wants to apply for a UK visa for me while I am in Ghana. He is going to apply and pay from Nigeria. An ex-schoolmate once got a Canada visa from Ghana while his father applied and paid from Nigeria but I do not have his contact anymore to confirm how it was done.

ANY IDEA HOW TO DO THIS PLEASE?

Is your Dad applying for a Visitibg visa for you?
If ge is applying for a Student visa then you need to know more about tge University,Course,City e.t.c because you will do your Visa interview yourself
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Melonne: 8:55pm On Mar 13, 2018
Hello House,

Just to pay it forward as I have been greatly assisted by this forum. Application was for my mr.

biometrics - Feb 22 2018
Application received email - Feb 26 2018
Email from tls to pick up passport - March 13 2018

2 years visa granted!!! Second time applying. Last visa was for 6 months and received last year.

Business development employee with side business as a car agent and income from uber.

Document submitted:

Letter from employer
6 months bank statements
Fixed deposit certificate
Contract for home
wife and son pp data page
marriage certificate
sons birth certificate
Uber payment statements
receipts from cars sold/agency commission
Trip itinerary
hotel booking
cover letter explaining circumstances in brief detail

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by senors(m): 9:41pm On Mar 13, 2018
OK! Many thanks for the response.
Phenmeson:

2weeks starts from after doing your Biometric
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by semilore12: 10:58am On Mar 14, 2018
Good day all,

I have an issue and would like people to contribute based on trends and recent info. Would like to apply for UK visa for my dad and mum. Mum is booked to travel to US on the 5th of april. I have just received all supporting docs from their host in UK so submission and biometrics i guess cant be earlier than Monday.

I also checked details for expedited applications and i am not sure their case qualifies for it to be expedited (please correct me if wrong).

Though mum has been to UK before but dad hasnt. Mum has a US visa as well but dad didn't apply for US visa. I will package the application together as family since they are visiting for same purpose (cousin's wedding).

Now my question: from recent scenarios, do you think we will get passports back before 4th of april? Is there a category we can fit in for expedited? If we dont receivevpassports by 3rd of april, is there anything i can do?

Biko, kindly assist if you have answers for me. Thanks in advance
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by wola44: 11:45am On Mar 14, 2018
Please what is the means of payment of your visa fee ?

Melonne:
Hello House,

Just to pay it forward as I have been greatly assisted by this forum. Application was for my mr.

biometrics - Feb 22 2018
Application received email - Feb 26 2018
Email from tls to pick up passport - March 13 2018

2 years visa granted!!! Second time applying. Last visa was for 6 months and received last year.

Business development employee with side business as a car agent and income from uber.

Document submitted:

Letter from employer
6 months bank statements
Fixed deposit certificate
Contract for home
wife and son pp data page
marriage certificate
sons birth certificate
Uber payment statements
receipts from cars sold/agency commission
Trip itinerary
hotel booking
cover letter explaining circumstances in brief detail

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by customised87: 1:38pm On Mar 14, 2018
House please, my uncle and his wife applied for a 6 month UK visa and did Biometrics on the 13th of Feb, 2018. The application was received in Sheffield on the 15th February and up till now, nothing more has been heard. Its taking too long, what can be done?

PS: They applied to visit their daughter and her family, she is presently undergoing her PHD program in the UK and is a Temporary Resident. She is due to give birth by early April and they want to travel by then.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Pharmacology: 6:39pm On Mar 14, 2018
Hello house, in filling the VAF, should I include the cost of my museum entrance fee as part of my living expenses? Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ysakaws1: 6:47pm On Mar 14, 2018
Phenmeson:

Is your Dad applying for a Visitibg visa for you?
If ge is applying for a Student visa then you need to know more about tge University,Course,City e.t.c because you will do your Visa interview yourself
Visiting visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Saldway: 8:51pm On Mar 14, 2018
Please do I need to book appointment at vfs abuja to submit visitor visa application?

Secondly,after printing out the application forms do I staple them to supporting documents?

Thirdly, pls what is the address of the visa application centre in abuja? Would I pay extra fees for the submission?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Saldway: 8:52pm On Mar 14, 2018
Pls house kindly respond to the above as I urgently need to renew the visa tomorrow...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:57pm On Mar 14, 2018
semilore12:
Good day all,

I have an issue and would like people to contribute based on trends and recent info. Would like to apply for UK visa for my dad and mum. Mum is booked to travel to US on the 5th of april. I have just received all supporting docs from their host in UK so submission and biometrics i guess cant be earlier than Monday.

I also checked details for expedited applications and i am not sure their case qualifies for it to be expedited (please correct me if wrong).

Though mum has been to UK before but dad hasnt. Mum has a US visa as well but dad didn't apply for US visa. I will package the application together as family since they are visiting for same purpose (cousin's wedding).

Now my question: from recent scenarios, do you think we will get passports back before 4th of april? Is there a category we can fit in for expedited? If we dont receivevpassports by 3rd of april, is there anything i can do?

Biko, kindly assist if you have answers for me. Thanks in advance

4th of April is about 3weeks away so it's going to be tight, only if you want to use super priority which is very expensive but you will get your passport before 4th of April.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:00pm On Mar 14, 2018
customised87:
House please, my uncle and his wife applied for a 6 month UK visa and did Biometrics on the 13th of Feb, 2018. The application was received in Sheffield on the 15th February and up till now, nothing more has been heard. Its taking too long, what can be done?

PS: They applied to visit their daughter and her family, she is presently undergoing her PHD program in the UK and is a Temporary Resident. She is due to give birth by early April and they want to travel by then.

Some applications stay longer than this though people still get it sooner. Only way to find out is to contact them.

(1) (2) (3) ... (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.