Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,454 members, 7,819,666 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (416) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1530865 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Exmay(m): 5:48pm On Mar 29, 2018
Hello House,
I intend to apply for a spouse visa for my wife immediately after our wedding later this year.
My question is do I have to use a Federal Registry (e.g Ikoyi), or just any legally recognised registry will do?
Also, can I get a list of documents I need to present to facilitate her visa?

Cc: Justwise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Oritna94(m): 11:29pm On Mar 29, 2018
justwise:

How much will you be able to save from now to March?

Avoid any unexplained payment into your salary account by all means
Thanks for your answer.
I can save about 500k. But is it ok for the salary account to be zero while I push my savings to my savings account?
Also my sponsor wants to use Western Union to send money to me monthly in lieu of bank transfer which I will keep in my savings account. The charges for transfer is on the high side $75 per transfer. So can she go ahead with Western Union?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by daviddau(m): 12:49am On Mar 30, 2018
Urgent!!!

Hello,
I intend to travel to the UK in other to visit the Estonian embassy to get a visa to Estonia for School, my passport is a virgin passport. what visa can I apply for? my intended stay is 5-10days.

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Exmay(m): 2:35am On Mar 30, 2018
Oritna94:

Thanks for your answer.
I can save about 500k. But is it ok for the salary account to be zero while I push my savings to my savings account?
Also my sponsor wants to use Western Union to send money to me monthly in lieu of bank transfer which I will keep in my savings account. The charges for transfer is on the high side $75 per transfer. So can she go ahead with Western Union?

I think I can help you a bit. I’m a Dr practicing in UK and I went thru Plab pathway.

I will advise that you keep your savings in your salary account for now.
Don’t quote 2m naira as your proposed cost when filling your visa. You should reduce the amount.
Also any money that your mum wants to send to you can be sent via Azimo(it is an app for transferring money, their rate is close to aboki’s own and their charges is negligible. That’s what I always use)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by alert20: 6:40am On Mar 30, 2018
daviddau:
Urgent!!!

Hello,
I intend to travel to the UK in other to visit the Estonian embassy to get a visa to Estonia for School, my passport is a virgin passport. what visa can I apply for? my intended stay is 5-10days.

Thank you

apply for a 6 months tourist visa.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Lee310: 12:08pm On Mar 30, 2018
Thank OlowoG... I'm grateful. Please I want more insight to my case.. I have a company's account but I'm not applying with that.

My online business pays into my salary account but I just stopped it this month because I don't want stories that touch. I changed the account they make payment to my other bank account.

Please I want to know if I can change it back to my salary account and state in my application that I have a personal business running. I have been on the shopping online platform for more than 3 years. I'm trying to consider this as part of ties.

Please help house. Justwise, Ekpotek, OlowoG and others.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bigbus: 12:56pm On Mar 30, 2018
Pharmacology:
No, I am a Ghanaian visiting Barcelona for a week with a schengen visa, from there fly to London to take my flight to Chicago

Your itinerary is a little complex. Make sure you have valid return tickets back to country of residence (and within the limits of your visas). For Barcelona-London-Chicago, if it is the same airline, you can confirm from the airline office whether you need a transit visa. If it will be different airlines, it is probably best you get a transit UK visa to avoid stories that touch; or if I were in your shoes, I will look for flight connections that do not touch UK: Lufthansa, KLM, AirFrance, Delta, United, etc. All the best.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by oluwa234: 3:16pm On Mar 30, 2018
IF YOU ARE TRANSITING VIA THE UK EVEN IF YOUR ARE TRAVELLING ON BRITISH AIRWAYS, I ADVISE YOU GET A TRANSIT VISA. OTHERWISE PLEASE FLY ANOTHER AIRLINE IN YOUR OWN JNTEREST.

bigbus:

Your itinerary is a little complex. Make sure you have valid return tickets back to country of residence (and within the limits of your visas). For Barcelona-London-Chicago, if it is the same airline, you can confirm from the airline office whether you need a transit visa. If it will be different airlines, it is probably best you get a transit UK visa to avoid stories that touch; or if I were in your shoes, I will look for flight connections that do not touch UK: Lufthansa, KLM, AirFrance, Delta, United, etc. All the best.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by oluwa234: 3:20pm On Mar 30, 2018
Pharmacology:
No, I am a Ghanaian visiting Barcelona for a week with a schengen visa, from there fly to London to take my flight tog Chicago

Please get a transit visa as long as your are travelling through the UK even if you are travelling on BA. A word is enough for the wise.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 3:46pm On Mar 30, 2018
Oritna94:

Thanks for your answer.

I think you will have problems with your financial arrangement, you are earning 300K plus a month less the loan repayment you should be able to save more than 500K a year. Your sponsor sending money to your savings account to be used for visa application is not a good idea. Use the money from your sponsor to repay the loan and keep your salary for visa application.

Your sponsor can use azimo or worldremit to send you money they charge less than £2 per transaction with good rate.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Oritna94(m): 4:54pm On Mar 30, 2018
Exmay:

I think I can help you a bit. I’m a Dr practicing in UK and I went thru Plab pathway.

I will advise that you keep your savings in your salary account for now.
Don’t quote 2m naira as your proposed cost when filling your visa. You should reduce the amount.
Also any money that your mum wants to send to you can be sent via Azimo(it is an app for transferring money, their rate is close to aboki’s own and their charges is negligible. That’s what I always use)
Thank you sir. You are God sent. How can I communicate with you? I need direction and advice on this plab exam.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Oritna94(m): 4:55pm On Mar 30, 2018
justwise:

I think you will have problems with your financial arrangement, you are earning 300K plus a month less the loan repayment you should be able to save more than 500K a year. Your sponsor sending money to your savings account to be used for visa application is not a good idea. Use the money from your sponsor to repay the loan and keep your salary for visa application

Your sponsor can use azimo or worldremit to send you money they charge less than £2 per transaction with good rate.
Thank you very much. I will do as you said
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Exmay(m): 6:13pm On Mar 30, 2018
Oritna94:

Thank you sir. You are God sent. How can I communicate with you? I need direction and advice on this plab exam.
I’ve sent my email to you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by dubby33: 6:22pm On Mar 30, 2018
please gurus in the house please how can i correct this mistake and reapply

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:15pm On Mar 30, 2018
dubby33:
please gurus in the house please how can i correct this mistake and reapply

Do you disagree with ECO's assessment of your application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:17pm On Mar 30, 2018
Pharmacology:
This is my confusion, can u clarify

You don't need any transit visa as long as you are not leaving the airport into the UK and have valid US visa and ticket to your destination.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:21pm On Mar 30, 2018
Exmay:
Hello House,
I intend to apply for a spouse visa for my wife immediately after our wedding later this year.
My question is do I have to use a Federal Registry (e.g Ikoyi), or just any legally recognised registry will do?
Also, can I get a list of documents I need to present to facilitate her visa?

Cc: Justwise

Use Federal Registry as local registries certificates are not recognized anymore by some embassies(not sure if the British embassy has implemented the policy)

Visit the spouse visa thread here for list of documents, there are quite a lot to read from there
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by dubby33: 7:38pm On Mar 30, 2018
justwise:

Do you disagree with ECO's assessment of your application?

yes i agree about a third party payment of funds in my account
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:00pm On Mar 30, 2018
dubby33:

yes i agree about a third party payment of funds in my account

Are those cash payment coming from you?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by dubby33: 8:08pm On Mar 30, 2018
justwise:

Are those cash payment coming from you?

no sir, the cash is been paid to me from through a third party in nigeria. i wasn't really aware it would affect my application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:03pm On Mar 30, 2018
dubby33:

no sir, the cash is been paid to me from through a third party in nigeria. i wasn't really aware it would affect my application

Then ECO is right, you had some unexplained payments into your account.

Are you going for personal business trip or for the company you work for? Are you paid cash or bank transfer from your company?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by oluwa234: 9:08pm On Mar 30, 2018
justwise:

You don't need any transit visa as long as you are not leaving the airport into the UK and have valid US visa and ticket to your destination.

I will advise that it is safer to get a transit visa. A colleague of mine was recently prevented from boarding his flight on BA to italy via Heathrow because he did not have a transit visa. He had to resort to buying another ticket on the spot and travelled on a Lufthansa flight.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:15pm On Mar 30, 2018
oluwa234:

I will advise that it is safer to get a transit visa. A colleague of mine was recently prevented from boarding his flight on BA to italy via Heathrow because he did not have a transit visa. He had to resort to buying another ticket on the spot and travelled on a Lufthansa flight.

You don't need a transit visa to pass through one country to another as long as your layover is less than 24hrs, you are not going into that country and you have valid visa and ticket to your final destination.

I don't know what your colleague did or his situation that made them prevent him from boarding the flight to Italy.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by dubby33: 9:40pm On Mar 30, 2018
justwise:

Then ECO is right, you had some unexplained payments into your account.

Are you going for personal business trip or for the company you work for? Are you paid cash or bank transfer from your company?

my trip was for the company i work for although it was stated that i will fund the trip because my boss wanted me to prove am financially capable of taking care of myself, and am been paid via bank transfer.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by blank(f): 1:47am On Mar 31, 2018
oluwa234:

His transit probably involved changing airports. That's why he needed a travel visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by quinine24: 2:36am On Mar 31, 2018
I had an invitation stated from 04th of may this year,i made an appointment on8th of april,only left with about 24days before the expiration of my invitation,can these hold any effects on my application proceses?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ifyalways(f): 8:13am On Mar 31, 2018
blank:

His transit probably involved changing airports. That's why he needed a travel visa.
Or maybe the transit time is over 23 hours or/and involves a sleep over.

Transits of less than 24 hours does not require a visa, to the best of my knowledge.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:54am On Mar 31, 2018
dubby33:

my trip was for the company i work for although it was stated that i will fund the trip because my boss wanted me to prove am financially capable of taking care of myself,[b][/b] and am been paid via bank transfer.

That was such a bad idea. how can an employee pay for company's business trip? I guess to prove your financial capability you started moving money into your salary account?

The whole visa application was poorly planned.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:57am On Mar 31, 2018
quinine24:
I had an invitation stated from 04th of may this year,i made an appointment on8th of april, only left with about 24days before the expiration of my invitation,can these hold any effects on my application proceses?

We are still in March or are you saying that you will be making an application by April 8?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by dubby33: 9:13am On Mar 31, 2018
justwise:

That was such a bad idea. how can an employee pay for company's business trip? I guess to prove your financial capability you started moving money into your salary account?

The whole visa application was poorly planned.

please advice me on how to go about another application if i want to reapply again and how long can i wait before applying again. i intend waiting for another 6months with only my salary in my account before applying again.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by quinine24: 9:52am On Mar 31, 2018
justwise:

We are still in March or are you saying that you will be making an application by April 8?
I made an online payments and decided a day to submitt my documents to be 8th of April.
My invitation stamped on 4th of may.

(1) (2) (3) ... (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.