Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,664 members, 7,809,512 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:45 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (414) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1524675 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Youngpablo180: 7:05pm On Mar 22, 2018
phardey:

If they haven't made a decision then they haven't made a decision.
My mum's application was in from 24th April 2017 to 28th Oct last year.

I was even told to go to Sheffield cos I invited her Don't bother going anywhere.

It's a waiting game. You've got to be patient if you can't simply withdraw your application

chai this UK people have ruined my life..they have even ruined my year..so i am to wait for close to 7 months to get a 6months visa ? so what would happen to my other plans of traveling this year ? omg..i feel like crying embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed how would they issue a visa if when i wanted to travel has passed ? what is the assurance that one would even get this visa after waiting this long cry cry cry cry

Has anyone waited this long and still got their visa..the waiting game is killing, at least they should return the passport and when they are ready to issue or deny a visa..then ask for the passport back..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Youngpablo180: 7:11pm On Mar 22, 2018
Sammiejokes:

Am in same problem as yours, submitted passport at ikeja since Nov 14 2017 and decision yet to be made. Am even tired of sending them mails, UKVi customer service are robots they are not serving people.

worst part is..each time i send them mail...i get charged..is this like another means of them getting money off poor nigerians..i have written to them 4 times and at the end, i feel like all i am getting is a copy paste message that says the same thing,..wait for 15 working days before contacting us..i am pretty sure they can't try this with other countries like canada and UK..asking their citizen to wait for that long..i am tired tbh
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by MamaGiovanni: 8:45pm On Mar 22, 2018
Youngpablo180:

worst part is..each time i send them mail...i get charged..is this like another means of them getting money off poor nigerians..i have written to them 4 times and at the end, i feel like all i am getting is a copy paste message that says the same thing,..wait for 15 working days before contacting us..i am pretty sure they can't try this with other countries like canada and UK..asking their citizen to wait for that long..i am tired tbh

I'm not an authority on this matter, but I think you should involve a lawyer and if possible take legal actions.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tswise: 9:46pm On Mar 22, 2018
Good Evening House,

I wish to share my timeline as I have been greatly assisted by this forum. Applications were for my wife, my last born and me. I had four but l excluded other three children for now to reduce the cost of my planned budget and to boost my tiles.

biometrics - March 1 2018 @tsl VI
Application received email - March 6 2018
Email from tls to pick up passport - March 21, 2018

6 months visa granted!!! First time applying UK visa. My US application for conference was denied this January in Lagos.

I started following this forum January 2018 after my US rejection. I really appreciate everyone contribution in helping humanity here.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mcnero: 10:02pm On Mar 22, 2018
Hi guys...

Pls I need your response to this question, and it's coming a friend.

His cousin in the UK will be inviting his father for a wedding. (His own wedding).

Now that the father is not working, What documents should he include in the application

What documents should the cousin send down to support this application.

Your advise will be appreciated.
@justwise and other gurus in the house
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by customised87: 10:18pm On Mar 22, 2018
matt234:
Hi Guys,
Your opinions will go a long way; and if there's someone who has been in this situation and scaled through, please share their story.

2005 - I applied for a UK student visa but was refused due to insufficient funds and low WAEC grades.
2006 - Changed my name and DOB; got a new passport and applied for another student visa in 2007 and by this time, the UK had started taking biometrics as part of the application process. I was caught and presumably banned for 10 years. The passport used was not returned back to me as they believed that was not my true identity.
All these I did as I was ignorant and just despirate to have a bright future, which I am already having without stepping out of Nigeria.
All my siblings eventually left Nigeria in the struggle and live in US, Canada and France; I am the only one left here for now grin

Fast forward to 2018, I have since graduated from Uni and now working as an analyst for an Oil Company.

Now, I have a fiancee who is settled in the UK and who will eventually be a British citizen in 2019. We plan to get married next year and I am planning to apply for a spose visa. I will declare my previous applications, including the change of name and biometrics, which I believe would now have been deleted as it is over 10 years; however, I am sure there is a likelihood of a refusal under section 320 but I will appreciate if there's someone who has such experience and who can share what they did.
I work full time and I earn a considerably huge amount of salary. I also have a business and few properties and can show a genuine bank account with good cash flow and a balance of over N40m; my fiancee also earns over £30k yearly, so finance is not an issue.
I am confident that I would normally meet the requirements if not for the refusals and ban which happened over 12 years ago.

Going by your experience guys, what do you suggest?

Why not also go on vacation to some other countries first before your application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by moruff77: 11:15pm On Mar 22, 2018
MamaGiovanni:

I'm not an authority on this matter, but I think you should involve a lawyer and if possible take legal actions.
pls share...wah was d email u got 4rm tls 2 pick ur application...I mean wah was written in d mail...cos me sef dey curious n expecting a mail 4 pick up too..
tswise:
Good Evening House,

I wish to share my timeline as I have been greatly assisted by this forum. Applications were for my wife, my last born and me. I had four but l excluded other three children for now to reduce the cost of my planned budget and to boost my tiles.

6 months visa granted!!! First time applying UK visa. My US application for conference was denied this January in Lagos.

I started following this forum January 2018 after my US rejection. I really appreciate everyone contribution in helping humanity here.

pls share..wah ws d email u receive 4rm tls 2 cum pick ur application..I mean hw ws it written...cos I'm curious n also expecting a mail frm tls too.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bogolobango(m): 4:21am On Mar 23, 2018
@tswise congrats kindly share the documents you applied with and I'll also like to know if you did priority application or its normal application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by phardey: 4:24pm On Mar 23, 2018
Don't stress I swear, you will get it.
They issued it to my mum. She came on the 2nd nov. Her travel date was may 25th
Please don't withdraw your application. You will get it.
Trust me, I know how frustrating it is.
I sent about 8 emails charged £5.48 each time and I called than rubbish number more than 10times. I can't lament how much I spend just to ask them the status of the application.

Sorry, keep waiting.

Youngpablo180:

chai this UK people have ruined my life..they have even ruined my year..so i am to wait for close to 7 months to get a 6months visa ? so what would happen to my other plans of traveling this year ? omg..i feel like crying embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed how would they issue a visa if when i wanted to travel has passed ? what is the assurance that one would even get this visa after waiting this long cry cry cry cry

Has anyone waited this long and still got their visa..the waiting game is killing, at least they should return the passport and when they are ready to issue or deny a visa..then ask for the passport back..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 5:21pm On Mar 23, 2018
phardey:
Don't stress I swear, you will get it.
They issued it to my mum. She came on the 2nd nov. Her travel date was may 25th
Please don't withdraw your application. You will get it.
Trust me, I know how frustrating it is.
I sent about 8 emails charged £5.48 each time and I called than rubbish number more than 10times. I can't lament how much I spend just to ask them the status of the application.

Sorry, keep waiting.

The OP can wait if he is not a frequent traveler or do not have any reason to travel ASAP. For those of us that travel frequently, I can not allow my passport to be with any embassy for more than 4 weeks maximum for a visit visa.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by alert20: 6:11pm On Mar 23, 2018
tswise:
Good Evening House,

congratulations to you and your family..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mzbiddy01(f): 6:35pm On Mar 23, 2018
Hello house,

I submitted my application for a tier 2 dependant visa on the 19th of January which was supposed to take 15 business days and up till now a decision has not been made on my application

I have called several times and they keep escalating nothing yet. Got a mail from them saying my application isn't straightforward and has been subjected to extended checks. Please what does this mean?

Somebody help.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tswise: 10:20am On Mar 24, 2018
moruff77:

pls share...wah was d email u got 4rm tls 2 pick ur application...I mean wah was written in d mail...cos me sef dey curious n expecting a mail 4 pick up too..
pls share..wah ws d email u receive 4rm tls 2 cum pick ur application..I mean hw ws it written...cos I'm curious n also expecting a mail frm tls too.

The mail was from TLS to inform me that the passport is ready for collection. If you are tracking online, the decision made and ready for collection were marked about the same time. I also noticed that the visa was stamped on the 19th while the mail from TLS was on 21st. Just be hopeful @ moruf777
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tswise: 10:53am On Mar 24, 2018
bogolobango:
@tswise congrats kindly share the documents you applied with and I'll also like to know if you did priority application or its normal application

I did normal application with TLS VI.
I did a comprehensive cover letter explaining very key information I submitted. I explained all the major inflow and outflow in my statement of account because the statement is not so at straight. I learnt a lot from here. I submitted the following documents
1. Letter of employment and last promotion letter.
2. My employer introduction addressed to UK consulate.
3. Marriage certificate, family group picture and all my children birth certificate.
4. Pay slip for 6 months
7. Bank statement for me and wife
8. Rent agreement and receipt
9. Utility bill and tax card
10. Detailed itinerary plan in UK
11. Hotel booking in UK.

Best of luck.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kprake9: 9:02am On Mar 25, 2018
@justwise, ekpotek and other Gurus in the house.

Adding previous UK refusal reference number to a present application compulsory? I was denied student visa in 2004 but could not lay my hands on the refusal letter nor the old passport I used then because I have to declare my previous refusal. Please respond cos I will be submitting a tourist visa application soonest.
Thanks for your attention.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by senors(m): 12:49pm On Mar 25, 2018
I will appreciate response on this. If a group application is submitted does it mean its same ECO that will attend to all the group applications?
Hoping to get reply.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 2:00pm On Mar 25, 2018
kprake9:
@justwise, ekpotek and other Gurus in the house.

Adding previous UK refusal reference number to a present application compulsory? I was denied student visa in 2004 but could not lay my hands on the refusal letter nor the old passport I used then because I have to declare my previous refusal. Please respond cos I will be submitting a tourist visa application soonest.
Thanks for your attention.

Not compulsory. Just mention the type of visa, date of refusal and reasons. The UKVI can always retrieve your refusal letter from your file if necessary.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 2:07pm On Mar 25, 2018
senors:
I will appreciate response on this. If a group application is submitted does it mean its same ECO that will attend to all the group applications?
Hoping to get reply.

The fact that you submit a group application does not means that there will be group processing. So it could be the same ECO or different ECO. Members have posted situation of group application that was decided by different ECOs. Each application is treated on it own merit.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by galazito: 7:02pm On Mar 25, 2018
Guru in house...pls how much can one have in a salary account for six months before applying for a tourist visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by alert20: 7:53pm On Mar 25, 2018
galazito:
Guru in house...pls how much can one have in a salary account for six months before applying for a tourist visa?

for how many applicants and how many days are you planning to stay
if it's only you, I will suggest 800k to 1 million naira, if you have more is okay and try to avoid money lodgement.

cost of flight budget like 300k, hotel budget like100k for a week , then 150 to 200k for other miscellaneous...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Youngpablo180: 8:27pm On Mar 25, 2018
galazito:

it depends on your salary from my own observation..rule one with getting a UK visit visa..never spend more than 2months of your salary for one visit..you can have up to 3m in your account and your salary is 70k...the ECO will say they can't allow you travel using more than 2months of your salary...i would say as long as your salary is slightly more than 150k..you are good to go..and i noticed the ECO don't regard sponsor..they want to see how much you are worth on your own and how you can survive on your own..but 1m in your salary account is a good start..but it all falls back to your earnings as a salary worker..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by galazito: 8:40pm On Mar 25, 2018
My salary is 320k, though am not having up to 1m but close to
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Youngpablo180: 9:00pm On Mar 25, 2018
galazito:
My salary is 320k, though am not having up to 1m but close to

your salary is good...at most spend the maximum of 600k for one visit..but try to have about 1.2m in your account to be on a safe side..just my own 2 cents..those with better understanding should chip in their ones and twos.....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Larrydex: 11:18pm On Mar 25, 2018
Gud evening house,please I have a bakery which I leased out and is not registered,the money for the rental use to enter my account every two weeks which reflected and is only receipt i can produce for the existence of the bakery.
how can I Convince the vo or receipt is ok

pls and pls I need answer urgently
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 2:54am On Mar 26, 2018
Melonne:
asked a friend with a foreign card to make the payment and reimbursed

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by gaebliss: 12:29pm On Mar 26, 2018
Good afternoon House,

I am planning to apply for UK Tourist visa in days, I will you guys to help me with the standard requirements or link to the page where i can find it.

THANKS!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Olowogbogboro17: 1:23pm On Mar 26, 2018
Lee310:
Hello gurus. Thank you for your precious time responding to queries here.

Please I will like to know what I should do concerning my application which I'm planning to file in during the mid year. I plan traveling end of August.

Right now, I'm working and I have my personal business. I want to apply for a 6 months visa.

After reading about the the requirements, I want to know if you would advise me to write my cover letter to the ECO on my company's letter head or just a plain paper.

I have my CAC registered since April 2017.

For my biz, I sell on the online platforms, and they make payments into my salary account when orders are delivered. I want to know if I should change the account my online platforms pays to another saving account different from my salary account ?

Hello @lee310

It's better to use your coy's letter head for the Cover letter. However. make sure the L-head carries basic contact info.

Your CAC is good to go but since it will be over a year before you apply you would need to include Tax Clearance Cert (TCC) from FIRS. This can be done online via www.firs.gov.ng, click on e-service and proceed to e-TCC.

I presume you dont have a corporate account. You can use either your Salary or Savings account. (My view)

Best of luck Bro.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Olowogbogboro17: 10:08pm On Mar 26, 2018
Omobahassy:
Hello please I would like to apply for a uk visit visa soon please how long can a bank account statement being printed can stay before use. I.e can I use a 1wk printed account statement to apply or not

Yes you can, but best practice is between 1-3days

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Larrydex: 11:26pm On Mar 26, 2018
Larrydex:
Gud evening house,please I have a bakery which I leased out and is not registered,the money for the rental use to enter my account every two weeks which reflected and is only receipt i can produce for the existence of the bakery.
how can I Convince the vo or receipt is ok

pls and pls I need answer urgently
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by simbaray: 6:34am On Mar 27, 2018
Hi all, I have searched everywhere on nairaland for this but could'nt find anything useful. I am about to apply for tier2 UK visa and tier 2 dependent visa for my wife and child. I however have another child born out of wedlock who is now 6years old and I intend to bring him to the UK too.

People tell me it is not likely to be approved because his case is more complicated. His name appears on my marriage certificate (single with a child) and my name is also on his birth certificate. His mother is willing to provide every necessary document and is in full support of this.

Could you please advice me on what to do, documents to provide and how I can proceed with this? Thank you.

cc: justwise ekpotek

(1) (2) (3) ... (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.