Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,198 members, 7,822,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (458) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1532201 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Menakay(m): 6:10pm On Jun 08, 2018
alert20:

Bro calm down I am also eager to know whatsup... I think collection timing is from 1-4pm..

@bayolina @Menakay...
pls update the house oooo I pray they issue una visa ooo and mine too ooo Amen.
Still waiting for DHL to deliver o
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Chrisbam(m): 6:47pm On Jun 08, 2018
Good evening all, please I'm in need af a bit of advice, will be glad to receive any, thanks.

I'm about to apply for a six months family visit visa, have a sister inviting, will stay at her place, she has sent an invitation, residence permit scan, her tenancy agreement and utility bill.

I've once been denied entry in 2014 cos I had graduated and was having no job yet.

I want to apply this time for family visit of 2weeks and I have these:

1. CAC business name registration cert reg in 2015
My brother and I own the business and have the registration in our details.
2. Tax clearance documents for the past three years
3. Business account with good opening and closing balance.
4. Savings account, as this is where I receive monthly salary from our business as well as profits made from deals made aside the monthly salary.
5. Letter of self introduction and consent letter from my brother as we both run the business, pls *do I need a letter from the bank also as we're both signatories to the business account*
6. Landed properties and vehicle document papers.
7. Pictures, invoices, receipts and other documents as proof of business.
8. Family pictures.
9. I lost the old visa refusal letter but have the number still on my passport and will make reference to it as I still know details of reasons for refusal.
10. Birth certificate of both of us and pictures with sister as proof of relationship.
11. I'm 28 and not married

Thanks all for ur response please I'll hope to hear of any possible amendments to my list, pls I need ur response before I go on.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bigbus: 7:06pm On Jun 08, 2018
wuspapi:

@bigbus a quick question please...I submitted my application on 25th May and am yet to receive any email that it arrived in Sheffield. Is it normal? Pls reply
Check your spam/junk mail. Also, you can track online to check. All the best.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by topeolu1: 8:12pm On Jun 08, 2018
Hello people, kindly critique my application.
Planning a personal vacation without the family for my birthday week. Marking a milestone anyway. Will spend my birthday here with my family and travel next day for 7days.
1. Budget is about 700k total (hostel + breakfast 103, London pass with oyster card for 6days 199, flight 250k, living expenses etc. 150k)
2. Employed with salary of 390k excluding allowances paid 3ce a year. Tbills & fixed deposits of abt 3m. Stated regular monthly spend is abt 200k considering wife and 2kids. Salary Acct balance should be abt 800k when submitting application.
3. Ties: married with kids, employed + letter from employer, own house
4. Had previous US refusal in 2017 summer and later travelled to SA instead with the family. Also had UK refusal in January 2018 for travel with family during Easter. Refusal says inconsistent credits & swing in my acct went as low a N300 2months to application cos I moved all funds at that time to term deposit since I was expecting some others wt which I applied; even though evidence was provided. I have learnt from this and no other funds has entered my salary acct nor swing gone below 400k December till date.
5. Recently returned from a 5 day travel to SA 2weeks ago.

Kindly advise.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by wuspapi: 8:17pm On Jun 08, 2018
bigbus:

Check your spam/junk mail. Also, you can track online to check. All the best.

Thanks for your response...below is the message I received from TLS in my email the second day I submitted:

Dear Applicant,

Your visa application has been sent to the Decision Making Centre for processing. You can track the status of your application anytime.

Just wondering if it’s important that I receive another email that the application has been received in Sheffield or just the one I got from TLS consult.

I will appreciate any information on this...thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by enthusiasm: 9:15pm On Jun 08, 2018
We learn everyday, kindly enlighten me brof.
The business is about 10 months but active. He paid company and edu tax but not yet qualified for certificate. But we have all other documents. It is worth giving a shot yeah?

OmoBendel24:

Of course you know something. Saw that too.... Three, 3, 3, 3, 3 is a number in Shina Peters voice jare!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by enthusiasm: 9:18pm On Jun 08, 2018
Just login to TLC website, you will see the accurate status of your application. If UKVI has received it, it will be ticked there. No need to overthink this one.
Cheers

wuspapi:

Thanks for your response...below is the message I received from TLS in my email the second day I submitted:

Dear Applicant,

Your visa application has been sent to the Decision Making Centre for processing. You can track the status of your application anytime.

Just wondering if it’s important that I receive another email that the application has been received in Sheffield or just the one I got from TLS consult.

I will appreciate any information on this...thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by alert20: 10:04pm On Jun 08, 2018
Menakay:
Still waiting for DHL to deliver o
it's well Bro...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by cdbaba: 10:26pm On Jun 08, 2018
I did my biometrics at Tls ikeja on 7th May for a 6 months visa. After 15 working days, it was still ticked as "application received at UKVI for a decision." When it was over 18 working days, I contacted the UKVI via the paid e-mail service on the Ukvi website, where I was supposed to receive response within 2 working days, but i did not receive any response after 4 days, I thereafter followed up with a call to the UKVI this night and I was told that they have made a decision on the application and i Will receive my passport on the June 20. The Ukvi then sent a mail to me to confirm that a decision has been made but did not specify date of collection of passport.
The issue now is, am supposed to attend a summit with my boss in UK starting on that June 20.
Is there anything that can be done to fast-track the passport collection?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Chrisbam(m): 8:29am On Jun 09, 2018
Chrisbam:
Good evening all, please I'm in need af a bit of advice, will be glad to receive any, thanks.

I'm about to apply for a six months family visit visa, have a sister inviting, will stay at her place, she has sent an invitation, residence permit scan, her tenancy agreement and utility bill.

I've once been denied entry in 2014 cos I had graduated and was having no job yet.

4. Savings account, as this is where I receive monthly salary from our business as well as profits made from deals made aside the monthly salary.
5. Letter of self introduction and consent letter from my brother as we both run the business, pls *do I need a letter from the bank also as we're both signatories to the business account*
8. Family pictures.
9. I lost the old visa refusal letter but have the number still on my passport and will make reference to it as I still know details of reasons for refusal.
10. Birth certificate of both of us and pictures with sister as proof of relationship.

Thanks all for ur response please I'll hope to hear of any possible amendments to my list, pls I need ur response before I go on.

Please anyone help on this issue, pls pls, thank you

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by BabaOman(f): 8:32am On Jun 09, 2018
Many thanks to @justwise and ekpotek. I submitted my application on 31st May and got notification of my processed application on June 6. I used courier option; I got it today with my visa. I included I was denied visa by the US as advised by Justwise.

Good luck to others.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by writeizu: 8:54am On Jun 09, 2018
cdbaba:
I did my biometrics at Tls ikeja on 7th May for a 6 months visa. After 15 working days, it was still ticked as "application received at UKVI for a decision." When it was over 18 working days, I contacted the UKVI via the paid e-mail service on the Ukvi website, where I was supposed to receive response within 2 working days, but i did not receive any response after 4 days, I thereafter followed up with a call to the UKVI this night and I was told that they have made a decision on the application and i Will receive my passport on the June 20. The Ukvi then sent a mail to me to confirm that a decision has been made but did not specify date of collection of passport.
The issue now is, am supposed to attend a summit with my boss in UK starting on that June 20.
Is there anything that can be done to fast-track the passport collection?
Bro I am in the same pot. I applied on the same day but have not gotten any response. I am yet to call or email them though. Have your status on the TLS site changed to decision made after you were told that you would collect your passport on the 20th June?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by cdbaba: 10:43am On Jun 09, 2018
writeizu:

Bro I am in the same pot. I applied on the same day but have not gotten any response. I am yet to call or email them though. Have your status on the TLS site changed to decision made after you were told that you would collect your passport on the 20th June?

I just checked. It has not changed.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 11:45am On Jun 09, 2018
Congrats
BabaOman:
Many thanks to @justwise and ekpotek. I submitted my application on 31st May and got notification of my processed application on June 6. I used courier option; I got it today with my visa. I included I was denied visa by the US as advised by Justwise.

Good luck to others.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ronnygold(f): 11:48am On Jun 09, 2018
monchat:

First I need to know if the commission comes into your account every month?
How much commission do u make from this job every month?
Is there any tax deduction every month on the commission?
Are u employed as a permanent staff or contract staff?
This commission money u make, did y company pay the money monthly in y account or u are paid cash at hand?
Then the 2nd job how much do u make monthly?

Yes u can add the freelancing to your application as your second source of income.

Thanks for your reply

I am employed as a permanent staff of the company.

The company pays with goods only which I sell to get my money.

Some of my customers pays directly to my bank account with their business name.

No money from the company but I have tellers I use in paying to my company's account.

On the freelancing, I make between 80k to 150k monthly.

I get 10% commission with my company excluding expense. The commission is around 70k monthly.

They pay expense directly to my account but usually a staff pays in her name. And they may not pay until 3 months.

Thanks as I await your kind response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by enthusiasm: 12:29pm On Jun 09, 2018
Congratulations! You must have used priority.

BabaOman:

Good luck to others.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by monchat(m): 1:00pm On Jun 09, 2018
Ronnygold:

Your payments are a bit complicated and you need to attach an explanatory cover note on your commission in your 1st job and also 2nd job with lot of prove.

I asked you some questions, I expect u to answer the questions directly step by step how I asked it to enable me understand your answers.

From the look of things, I am not seeing an accurate details of your job. What I can understand in all is that in your 1st job u are paid 10% commission which is 70k monthly excluding expensive which is paid later right?
My questions again
This 70k are u sure it comes into your account every month?
Is it the company that pays in this 70k into your account?
If it is the company that pays, how is it stated in your bank account, does it comes with the company's name, monthly salary or monthly commission, What is use to indicates this monthly salary?
Then previous, I asked if there is any tax deduction in this commission, u did not answer it. Ps is there any deduction of tax from your gross pay? Ps note for UK application tax deduction is very compulsory, if no tax deduction u can be denial visa, they d'nt joke with tax.
Then u made mention that the expense is paid directly to your account but usually the staff pays in her name. I am sorry I d'nt understand this statement. Do u mean the company paid with your name? Or u collect the money in cash and pay as self to y account? Ps explain better.
U also stated that the expense may not be paid untill 3months right? This expensive that is paid untill 3months how much are u surpose to be paid monthly for it?
Then for the 2nd job u av to be specific how much u make. If it is 80 or 150. U av to specific. If u know u make 150k more every month, u state to ECO that u make at least 150k monthly or if it is 80k u make more state it. U av to know the exact amount u get from all sources of income every month.
My advice, talk to HR of y company or any one incharge of staff recruitment to state your payslip for your commission , the tax deduction and gross pay u make and the net after tax deduction. Beacuse if all these are not properly documented I see a refusal bc UK ECO likes organised and explainory pay slip. All the best

They pay expense directly to my account but usually a staff pays in her name. And they may not pay until 3 months.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by monchat(m): 1:20pm On Jun 09, 2018
Chrisbam:

8. Family pictures.

Well to me u are good to go. I will like you to get the letter of the bank for the signatory. Also in your saving account if u can make a 6 months payslip to show the amount u are paid monthly, it will be good bc it will help the ECO to see the document that state the monthly salary tally with the same amount in your savings. U can also write a cover note and explain other side money u receive in your savings. Others can also contribute. All d best.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by BlueBoy16: 1:40pm On Jun 09, 2018
So I’ve not had time to post my decision outcome here so here goes, I got denied in March for a short term study visa and this is the reason they gave. (View photo below)
However I want to apply again in July, so I have a few questions; @Justwise and all my experienced folks here

1. My Fiancé is a British citizen and we have it in mind to apply for a fiancé visa, however we are thinking of just applying for a visitors visa this time around, with my fiancé’s documents and my fiancé as the sponsor.
2. I have a family business that I work as an administrator, i am listed As the next of kin but I plan to include my name as signatory to the business accounts and include a power of attorney in my name for the establishments. Doing this as a result of the concern of my economic ties to Nigeria as a reason for my refusal in March
3. With my fiancé as a sponsor for the entire trip, travel expenses and accommodation, and my ties with Nigeria, should we go ahead and apply for a normal visitors visa or do we still apply for a fiancé visa (checked the requirements and we both have ample documents for that also)
Please guys I really need your advise, I intend to apply again in July. Thanks

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by BabaOman(f): 2:23pm On Jun 09, 2018
Phunmmiee:
Congrats

Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by BabaOman(f): 2:24pm On Jun 09, 2018
enthusiasm:
Congratulations! You must have used priority.

Thank you. No, I used regular o.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by iapt: 5:06pm On Jun 09, 2018
BabaOman:

Thank you. No, I used regular o.

Wooow...how come you got a decision before 15working days...I am happy for you

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by BabaOman(f): 5:29pm On Jun 09, 2018
iapt:

Wooow...how come you got a decision before 15working days...I am happy for you

I am surprised too. Even the lady that attended to me asked me whether I wanted priority; I told her I don't have money for that and that I would wait for the 15 working days. Within 4 days they notified me.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by obaxlove(m): 6:40pm On Jun 09, 2018
Hello,

Please can someone obtain transit visa in Dubai with layover of over 8 hours? Flying to UK with return ticket through Emirates airline.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by BabaOman(f): 7:37pm On Jun 09, 2018
obaxlove:
Hello,

Please can someone obtain transit visa in Dubai with layover of over 8 hours? Flying to UK with return ticket through Emirates airline.

Check with your airline, I think they should give you hotel to stay.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by obaxlove(m): 7:39pm On Jun 09, 2018
BabaOman:

Check with your airline, I think they should give you hotel to stay.

They said my class of flight doesn’t qualify for an hotel stay. ���
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by BabaOman(f): 7:50pm On Jun 09, 2018
obaxlove:

They said my class of flight doesn’t qualify for an hotel stay. ���
Don't mind them. AirMaroc will provide with that long hours
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by writeizu: 8:05pm On Jun 09, 2018
I just checked. It has not changed.[/quote]

Ok. Please can I know the date you got a message from Sheffield saying your application is now been considered by an ECO? If at all you got that email.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by writeizu: 8:09pm On Jun 09, 2018
cdbaba:

I just checked. It has not changed.

Ok. Please can I know the date you got a message from Sheffield saying your application is now been considered by an ECO? If at all you got that email.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by cdbaba: 10:44pm On Jun 09, 2018
writeizu:

Got the mail 2 days after biometrics
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 1:00am On Jun 10, 2018
TLS contact are not updating their dashboard on time? The ECO called my sponsor and said they have made a decision on Friday but it is yet to reflect on the dashboard
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Chrisbam(m): 6:54am On Jun 10, 2018
monchat:

Well to me u are good to go. I will like you to get the letter of the bank for the signatory. Also in your saving account if u can make a 6 months payslip to show the amount u are paid monthly, it will be good bc it will help the ECO to see the document that state the monthly salary tally with the same amount in your savings. U can also write a cover note and explain other side money u receive in your savings. Others can also contribute. All d best.

Thanks so much @monchat, I'll work on the points u noted, God bless

(1) (2) (3) ... (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.