Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,879 members, 7,817,588 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:02 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (490) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1529436 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Mosun8220: 10:21am On Jul 21, 2018
justwise:

1. Nobody here can honestly tell you that even the ECO can't until you made your application and wait for the outcome

2. Yes that will call for some questions if you did not explain where the money come from and back that up with paper evidence.

3. Yes you have to.

4. Yes again you have to submit his own bank statement.

Since the application is next year and both of you earn more than half a million a month why not start leaving your salaries in your salary account to avoid moving money around for visa application?

Thank you.
On your suggestion, we are planning to apply for the visa now in November and travel in March next year. Aside, coop is the only way I can save money otherwise, I will spend the money. You know it is difficult to have a saving in Nigeria.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Chae: 12:14pm On Jul 21, 2018
I made a mistake while filling my form and have booked an appoimtment, one mam told me to correct it with my pen and make sure they scan it at d point of submission. Pls I need am advice ASAP
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Blessedme4(f): 1:48pm On Jul 21, 2018
justwise:

You need to submit a separate application for your son but he doesn't need to do biometric but i think their picture will be taken

Thanks a lot am grateful
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Khez: 2:13pm On Jul 21, 2018
Thanks a lot bruv, I have a land, I believe that should be enough tie?
I am single
Thanks i might declare him.
alert20:

sorry for the late response...
I think you have a good chance of getting the visa, but your home ties matters too..
are you married or single?
do you have kids/child?
as per sponsorship if you are above 25 I don't think you should use a sponsor however you can declare him in your visa application...

I think justwise, ekpotek, bigbus, FPL and other gurus can advice you further...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ijeshaoflondon: 3:06pm On Jul 21, 2018
justwise:

She can invite her male friend as long he meets visa requirements, this is like him applying to visit the UK on his own the only difference here is that a female friend is inviting him. Even if she will be paying for everything he still need to proof that he has a strong tie to Nigeria.

Thanks Justwise , I really appreciate ur response. However, The guy being invited has applied for Uk visa sometimes decemeber but answered NO to the question- "Do u have anyone in the UK?" ... Hope ds would not affect his new application. Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 5:01pm On Jul 21, 2018
Mosun8220:

Thank you.
On your suggestion, we are planning to apply for the visa now in November and travel in March next year. Aside, coop is the only way I can save money otherwise, I will spend the money. You know it is difficult to have a saving in Nigeria.

Applying in Nov for March travel is far too early, you should be looking at Jan and start putting money aside from now till then, putting money aside for the trip shouldn't be difficult if you are determined to do that.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 5:03pm On Jul 21, 2018
Chae:
I made a mistake while filling my form and have booked an appoimtment, one mam told me to correct it with my pen and make sure they scan it at d point of submission. Pls I need am advice ASAP

Yes correct it neatly on the printout.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 5:03pm On Jul 21, 2018
ijeshaoflondon:

Thanks Justwise , I really appreciate ur response. However, The guy being invited has applied for Uk visa sometimes decemeber but answered NO to the question- "Do u have anyone in the UK?" ... Hope ds would not affect his new application. Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 5:04pm On Jul 21, 2018
ijeshaoflondon:

Chances are that it will affect his application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Chae: 5:04pm On Jul 21, 2018
Tnkx
justwise:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by galazito: 8:34pm On Jul 21, 2018
Gurus in the house...justwise and CO.
Pls am planning of applying for UK tourist visa 6 months just to spend 9 days vacationing hoping to spend 650k. I'm working with a company with a salary of 320k and I have 6 months salary account statement with 800k closing, married with kid.
Pls what are my chances of getting the visa though I have an unused valid visa from One of South America country.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Khez: 6:10am On Jul 22, 2018
Please hear this, so I wish to apply for a 6months visit visa, I work with a salary of 100k, but my boss been paying me 60k since March due to economic downturns,now it has improved, he recently made a payment of the outstanding salaries amounting to 160k and it's a small company, so I don't have a pension account to print for this application, and oh sometimes he pays me with his main account and not the company account I think just once.

I also have a side small business ,I sell wears and shoes on jumia and also dress people up, help people go to the market and buy clothes, which I am been paid for, which explains the other monies that enters my account apart from salary, I have jumia's vendor ID card to support as jumias deposits reflects in my statements and also has a page on IG where I sell too. Which makes my mothly income to 150k 200k sometimes.

Now I learnt here I don't have to spend moredan 4times my salary in a trip , and my brother inlaw is taking up my flight and hotel fee for the five days I intend to spend in the uk, pls what documents do I need to present on my part and his. And would you advice he sponsors or I let him out, I have inflow and outflow, eventho most times I transfer from my fidelity to the main account I intend to use gbt and my closing will be 2m or 1.5 as people are oweing me a lot..
Sorry for the long talks, thanks again
justwise:

Applying in Nov for March travel is far too early, you should be looking at Jan and start putting money aside from now till then, putting money aside for the trip shouldn't be difficult if you are determined to do that.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by walmart: 12:37pm On Jul 22, 2018
health100:

please I want to confirm if they send you an email to come pick up your passport or you just went to TLS Ikeja?
, because I did my biometric since April 23rd never receive any reply yet for pick up at Ikeja TLS

Yes l got an email that my passport is at the visa center. Before then l had called UK immigration because l did biometrics on June 6th and did not see any update in TLS site when l tracked. So the immigration officer told me a decision had just been made.
Maybe you should give them a call.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Olugerm(m): 5:37pm On Jul 22, 2018
Boss pls I need your help have already summit my application online, it's my white female friend that invite me and she's ready to pay for everything, I'm working and still studying part time plz what can I need to go with on the day of my interview pls help your boy
OmoBendel24:

I once in a blue moon sound the way I will sound below, I feel this is an avoidable trouble much as I believe it is best to be truthful in one's application.

The passport used in 2006 definitely couldn't have been the e-passport. So, if he uses the old passport and agrees to have had a previous passport and can't remember details, what happens? I still don't think he should talk of the age difference stuff sha, I can't clearly see the trouble this portends for him now if he doesn't talk of it expressly in this application. He should be silent on it instead of running himself into unnecessary wahala.... This isn't a question asked that you are now denying, if it wasn't asked, this type should be allowed to be. If the need arises to be asked, they will sure ask!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Olugerm(m): 5:41pm On Jul 22, 2018
boss pls I need your help have submitted my application and going for my interview next week...its my white female friend invite me and she's the one paying for all my expenses, I'm working and I'm studying too. Plz what are the documents I'm going to take along with ME
ekpotek:

Holiday for 5 days? And considering you are proposing to spend 4 times your salary on a 5 days trip will not fly.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Olugerm(m): 5:51pm On Jul 22, 2018
boss pls I need your help have submitted my application and going for my interview next week...its my white female friend invite me and she's the one paying for all my expenses, I'm working and I'm studying too. Plz what are the documents I'm going to take along with ME [
justwise:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by funlad26(f): 9:14pm On Jul 22, 2018
Good evening

Please am trying to schedule an appointment for my Standard UK visa application but was getting the "No appointments are currently available for this location "

I've tried for both Ikeja and Victoria island .....

Please what do , I need the visa to come out on or before ending of august

Kindly advise on other option .

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by edmasta01: 10:37pm On Jul 22, 2018
funlad26:
Good evening

Please am trying to schedule an appointment for my Standard UK visa application but was getting the "No appointments are currently available for this location "

I've tried for both Ikeja and Victoria island .....

Please what do , I need the visa to come out on or before ending of august

Kindly advise on other option .

Thank you

I actually came on this thread to post this same exact issue. I am trying to book an appointment (10.30pm here) for the first week in August, but there is no data to show for appointments in august.

Could it be that they are updating their back end database overnight?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ytp(f): 11:50pm On Jul 22, 2018
justwise:

Your story will not bore anybody and a lot of people will learn from it so share if you can.

Awwww, ok. I had always wanted to go for a 3 weeks summer course for some time now, i wasnt too sure i could make it this year so I didnt put many things in place.Eventually, i decided to give it a try.I had filled my form and was about to submit when i realised the category of visa i picked wasnt right.Thank God for the confirmation letter that was sent to me.Had to change from tourist visa to short term study.Time wasnt on my side, submitted on May 30th.Available date was 6th june through prime time which i clicked mistakenly.It was a day to biometric i discovered i wud need to pay.Long story short I paid online, went for my biometric and prayed i get a response after 3 weeks(june 27th) before the course starts on the 2nd of july.my paasport was eventually returned to me on 29th (not without drama with dhl) and travelled next day.Coming to this platform, I discovered things that i wouldnt have done if i hadnt come: cover letter (which i did after submission thank God i checked here befr biometric).I wrote alot of things from itinerary, to financial status, what I do etc. My mind was playing tricks on me cos I submitted a 5 mnths statement for both my salary acct and company acct, made bulk transfers a week before biometric, forgot to include i was denied US (i didnt remember at first), was confused when i was asked in the form if i have a relative in the uk which i responded No because of the clause written there meanwhile my cousin invited me in my previous application that i was denied...so it was a crazy moment for me while waiting cos a 2000 pounds non-refundable for my course was at stake if i was denied and didnt inform the school with proof before the course starts. I jst have a feeling the cover letter got my back.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by marylanderr: 4:18am On Jul 23, 2018
ijeshaoflondon:

Depending on your invitation letter, and how long you are going to mention you’ve known him for (in this case, after the visa denial) that part shouldn’t be a problem.

Except you’ve known each other longer but he didn’t know you were in the Uk and recently reconnected?

Good luck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by marylanderr: 4:29am On Jul 23, 2018
Olugerm:
boss pls I need your help have submitted my application and going for my interview next week...its my white female friend invite me and she's the one paying for all my expenses, I'm working and I'm studying too. Plz what are the documents I'm going to take along with ME [Abeg I need your help jutwise eptokek and other bosses

Get an invitation letter from your friend, also a financial sponsorship letter explaining why she is sponsoring your trip. Is it a gift from her to you? Let her mention it there.

From your side, get a general letter from your school identifying you as a currently registered student (do not have the letter addressed to the embassy. Let it be a general TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN) Also get a employment status letter and possibly a leave letter which would be best to correspond with holiday from school (you don’t want to say you are going when in session and seem you have no ties to you edu)

Lastly, submit pay slips, bank statements even though your friend is sponsoring the trip. If your pay is not much (point out that you only work part time to start gaining experience so they see the prospect) focus on being a student and how much this means to you.

Explain your ties - do you have an aged mother or do you help manage your parents’ small business. Explain family ties.

When filling the form. Write 0 on the part that says what is the cost to you personally on this trip (or something like that)

Good luck. Hope all of this helps. I don’t check Naira land often. So the gurus can follow up from here.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by marylanderr: 4:34am On Jul 23, 2018
dewale1234:

Thanks. I just got my visa too and should be traveling soon, (first timer) . Just needed information about the best airline to travel with

I'm not sure I can cope with a 13 hour lay over. It sure would be boring

But do enjoy your vacation once again

Also look into Lufthansa, Airfrance or KLM - they usually have good prices sometimes. Play around with the dates
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Olugerm(m): 6:04am On Jul 23, 2018
Thank you so much God bless... Have already filled the form print out the application but the area you said I should put 0 in how much does the trip cost to me I put a certain amount there hope that will not implicate me. I put 93k as what I have in bank..she sent invitation already, payslip, hotel reservation doc, but no sponsoring financial letter I will asked her to do that for me today
marylanderr:

Get an invitation letter from your friend, also a financial sponsorship letter explaining why she is sponsoring your trip. Is it a gift from her to you? Let her mention it there.

From your side, get a general letter from your school identifying you as a currently registered student (do not have the letter addressed to the embassy. Let it be a general TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN) Also get a employment status letter and possibly a leave letter which would be best to correspond with holiday from school (you don’t want to say you are going when in session and seem you have no ties to you edu)

Lastly, submit pay slips, bank statements even though your friend is sponsoring the trip. If your pay is not much (point out that you only work part time to start gaining experience so they see the prospect) focus on being a student and how much this means to you.

Explain your ties - do you have an aged mother or do you help manage your parents’ small business. Explain family ties.

When filling the form. Write 0 on the part that says what is the cost to you personally on this trip (or something like that)

Good luck. Hope all of this helps. I don’t check Naira land often. So the gurus can follow up from here.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by iapt: 8:05am On Jul 23, 2018
ytp:
Awwww, ok. I had always wanted to go for a 3 weeks summer course for some time now, i wasnt too sure i could make it this year so I didnt put many things in place.Eventually, i decided to give it a try.I had filled my form and was about to submit when i realised the category of visa i picked wasnt right.Thank God for the confirmation letter that was sent to me.Had to change from tourist visa to short term study.Time wasnt on my side, submitted on May 30th.Available date was 6th june through prime time which i clicked mistakenly.It was a day to biometric i discovered i wud need to pay.Long story short I paid online, went for my biometric and prayed i get a response after 3 weeks(june 27th) before the course starts on the 2nd of july.my paasport was eventually returned to me on 29th (not without drama with dhl) and travelled next day.Coming to this platform, I discovered things that i wouldnt have done if i hadnt come: cover letter (which i did after submission thank God i checked here befr biometric).I wrote alot of things from itinerary, to financial status, what I do etc. My mind was playing tricks on me cos I submitted a 5 mnths statement for both my salary acct and company acct, made bulk transfers a week before biometric, forgot to include i was denied US (i didnt remember at first), was confused when i was asked in the form if i have a relative in the uk which i responded No because of the clause written there meanwhile my cousin invited me in my previous application that i was denied...so it was a crazy moment for me while waiting cos a 2000 pounds non-refundable for my course was at stake if i was denied and didnt inform the school with proof before the course starts. I jst have a feeling the cover letter got my back.

Congratulations ma'am...please kindly share with us the documents you submitted so that future applicants will learn from this...Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by galazito: 10:27am On Jul 23, 2018
Gurus in the house...justwise and CO.
I want to apply for UK tourist visa 6 months just to spend 7 days vacationing hoping to spend 600k. I'm working with a company with a salary of 324k and I have 6 months salary account statement with 1.1m+ closing, married with kid.
Pls what are my chances of getting the visa though I have an unused valid visa from One of South America country.

what documents will I need to apply with...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bisi16(m): 11:33am On Jul 23, 2018
Good day everyone. Plz where do u find d gwf number? coz I can’t see it anywhere.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by dewale1234(m): 12:56pm On Jul 23, 2018
marylanderr:

Also look into Lufthansa, Airfrance or KLM - they usually have good prices sometimes. Play around with the dates

Thank you

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Otokini01: 2:03pm On Jul 23, 2018
Please just wise i made a mistake on my form i used my old passport number on my form and i have submitted already how do i go about it please i need a response please. quote author=Chae post=69584566]Tnkx [/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by marylanderr: 4:00pm On Jul 23, 2018
Olugerm:
Thank you so much God bless... Have already filled the form print out the application but the area you said I should put 0 in how much does the trip cost to me I put a certain amount there hope that will not implicate me. I put 93k as what I have in bank..she sent invitation already, payslip, hotel reservation doc, but no sponsoring financial letter I will asked her to do that for me today

Have you already submitted the form? If you put a certain amount there, then it means you are paying for part of the trip which you should clarify on the extra info page.

Otherwise if she is fully sponsoring the trip as a gift, then you need to put 0.

Good luck

(1) (2) (3) ... (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.