Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,107 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:01 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (489) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1528608 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kprake9: 6:14pm On Jul 19, 2018
alert20:

oga krakpe longest time... I was wondering when you will update the house about your trip b4...
anyway good to hear from you and also how long are you staying??

yeah man,

will be staying for only 10 days. But the place is tempting sha, I have to respect my terms with UK immigration.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kprake9: 6:18pm On Jul 19, 2018
dewale1234:

Congratulations. Do have a fun filled stay
Please what airline did you use and what was the service experience like?

I used Emirate, the air services was superb with free 30mins wifi service for browsing. though had a long layover of about 13 hours at DXB dubai airport.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kprake9: 6:38pm On Jul 19, 2018
[quote author=ekpotek post=69528375]

Congratulations. Can you share your experiences at POE?

It was cool, though the Clearance Officer wanted to pull a fast one on me. After asking why I am coming to UK which I answered was for Vacationing purpose , asked me 2 other normal questions then asked me again If I am here for business purpose? I quickly put it straight to her again that I am here for vacationing. She just quickly stamp my entry and ask me to go in.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by dewale1234(m): 6:41pm On Jul 19, 2018
kprake9:

I used Emirate, the air services was superb with free 30mins wifi service for browsing. though had a long layover of about 13 hours at DXB dubai airport.

Thanks. I just got my visa too and should be traveling soon, (first timer) . Just needed information about the best airline to travel with

I'm not sure I can cope with a 13 hour lay over. It sure would be boring

But do enjoy your vacation once again
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kprake9: 7:02pm On Jul 19, 2018
dewale1234:

Thanks. I just got my visa too and should be traveling soon, (first timer) . Just needed information about the best airline to travel with

ya but the dubai airport is fun fare place to be and I think other emorate flight schedule may not be up to that.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nice14: 8:15pm On Jul 19, 2018
alert20:

do you submit your application at Tls contact in ikeja??
do you submit the application yourself??
reason I'm asking the question is UK no longer use vfs oregun for submission again oooo...

have you tracked your application on Tls website??
have you gotten any mail from ukvi or Tls??
if your answer is no, then maybe you should call or mail ukvi concerning your application...

Sorry I submitted at Tlscontact ikeja
I submitted it myself
No I have not gotten any mail from ukvi or tls
Pls how do I track my passport
And help me with their number
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Khez: 11:20pm On Jul 19, 2018
Hey can you help us with the documents you submitted?
dewale1234:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by dewale1234(m): 6:49am On Jul 20, 2018
Khez:
Hey can you help us with the documents you submitted?

1. Statement of account(salary) - 5 months (1.1m balance)
2. Savings account - 700K
3. Invitation letter from host (including his ID)
4. Pension statement
5. Copy of tax clearance card
6. Children's school bill (to prove my financial capabilities as my salary account is irregular)
7. Covering letter stating the following
i. Property documentation
ii. Reason for inflow from my wife
iii. Financing for my trip
iv. My itinerary
8. Marriage certificate and children's birth certificates
9. Letter from my office HR
10. Evidences/proofs for funds entering my account asides my salary

No travel history, i picked up my visa 17 working days after bio-metrics

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Khez: 12:21pm On Jul 20, 2018
Thanks alot
dewale1234:

1. Statement of account(salary) - 5 months (1.1m balance)
2. Savings account - 700K
3. Invitation letter from host (including his ID)
4. Pension statement
5. Copy of tax clearance card
6. Children's school bill (to prove my financial capabilities as my salary account is irregular)
7. Covering letter stating the following
i. Property documentation
ii. Reason for inflow from my wife
iii. Financing for my trip
iv. My itinerary
8. Marriage certificate and children's birth certificates
9. Letter from my office HR
10. Evidences/proofs for funds entering my account asides my salary

No travel history, i picked up my visa 17 working days after bio-metrics

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Imo007: 12:35pm On Jul 20, 2018
Please has anyone that did biometrics June 25th received their passport? Called the UKVI and they said decision is yet to be reached. I have another trip to make next week. and i need my passport. Please has any June 25th candidate heard anything?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by walmart: 3:24pm On Jul 20, 2018
walmart:

I called them this morning and was told a decision has been made that i will soon receive my passport. Thanks.

I got my passport back with a two year visa. The tracking was not updated in TLS website so I never knew when a decision was made.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by abnot: 3:25pm On Jul 20, 2018
Imo007:
Please has anyone that did biometrics June 25th received their passport? Called the UKVI and they said decision is yet to be reached. I have another trip to make next week. and i need my passport. Please has any June 25th candidate heard anything?
Yes my sister submitted at tls ikeja on the 25thand collected her passport on Wednesday (18th).
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by health100: 4:46pm On Jul 20, 2018
walmart:

I got my passport back with a two year visa. The tracking was not updated in TLS website so I never knew when a decision was made.

please I want to confirm if they send you an email to come pick up your passport or you just went to TLS Ikeja?
, because I did my biometric since April 23rd never receive any reply yet for pick up at Ikeja TLS
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by churockng: 4:54pm On Jul 20, 2018
health100:

please I want to confirm if they send you an email to come pick up your passport or you just went to TLS Ikeja?
, because I did my biometric since April 23rd never receive any reply yet for pick up at Ikeja TLS

We both have the same case.. mine was since the 10th of May..
I think u shud call UKVI to know what's happening with ur passport. I have been calling and following up with mine and they have been updating me via email. But I have not still gotten my passport. U shud check the previous page to see my last comment. That was the last email they sent to me yesterday. All the best
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Imo007: 6:17pm On Jul 20, 2018
abnot:

Yes my sister submitted at tls ikeja on the 25thand collected her passport on Wednesday (18th).

Oh wow. Please did she get a mail or just went there? The TLS site keeps stating decision not made. Thank you in anticipation to your response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Blessedme4(f): 7:27pm On Jul 20, 2018
Please house I need ur help with this query. I intend to apply for a visitors visa with my 1 year old son. My question is can I submit our application alone ? Is my son's biometrics needed? Am asking because am travelling from a distance. Thanks in anticipation
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by health100: 7:38pm On Jul 20, 2018
churockng:

We both have the same case.. mine was since the 10th of May..
I think u shud call UKVI to know what's happening with ur passport. I have been calling and following up with mine and they have been updating me via email. But I have not still gotten my passport. U shud check the previous page to see my last comment. That was the last email they sent to me yesterday. All the best

I have read your post and respond from the UKVI, they have notify Lagos centre since May so they will contact them and get back to you.
another email will be sent to you, so I think the challenge is from TLS Ikeja. , it's somehow slow

I just sent UKVI an email now and hope next week get some news,
please let me know when you got an email from them
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by churockng: 8:15pm On Jul 20, 2018
health100:

I have read your post and respond from the UKVI, they have notify Lagos centre since May so they will contact them and get back to you.
another email will be sent to you, so I think the challenge is from TLS Ikeja. , it's somehow slow

I just sent UKVI an email now and hope next week get some news,
please let me know when you got an email from them

Sure no problem.. I have always been updating the house on any development. Once I get any email or update from them I will let u know. If u have any update u shud let me know. Did you pay the £5 for sending an email?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by alert20: 8:24pm On Jul 20, 2018
Khez:
Note bro
I said I learnt here that I shouldn't send 4times my salary, not that I intend to spend
Lemme post it again
Thanks
Please hear this, so I wish to apply for a 6months visit visa, I work with a salary of 100k, but my boss been paying me 60k since March due to economic downturns,now it has improved, he recently made a payment of the outstanding salaries amounting to 160k and it's a small company, so I don't have a pension account to print for this application, and oh sometimes he pays me with his main account and not the company account I think just once.

I also have a side small business ,I sell wears and shoes on jumia and also dress people up, help people go to the market and buy clothes, which I am been paid for, which explains the other monies that enters my account apart from salary, I have jumia's vendor ID card to support as jumias deposits reflects in my statements and also has a page on IG where I sell too. Which makes my mothly income to 150k 200k sometimes.

Now I learnt here I don't have to spend moredan 4times my salary in a trip , and my brother inlaw is taking up my flight and hotel fee for the five days I intend to spend in the uk, pls what documents do I need to present on my part and his. And would you advice he sponsors or I let him out, I have inflow and outflow, eventho most times I transfer from my fidelity to the main account I intend to use gbt and my closing will be 2m or 1.5 as people are oweing me a lot..
Sorry for the long talks, thanks again

sorry for the late response...
I think you have a good chance of getting the visa, but your home ties matters too..
are you married or single?
do you have kids/child?
as per sponsorship if you are above 25 I don't think you should use a sponsor however you can declare him in your visa application...

I think justwise, ekpotek, bigbus, FPL and other gurus can advice you further...

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by alert20: 8:28pm On Jul 20, 2018
kprake9:

yeah man,

will be staying for only 10 days. But the place is tempting sha, I have to respect my terms with UK immigration.

yeah I know what you feel like, but I think you can exit UK and enter again after the 10 days visit na.

I think you can enter Serbia with UK visa spend some days/weeks and then re-enter UK again that is if you wish ooo...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ijeshaoflondon: 9:09pm On Jul 20, 2018
Hello Justwise and other gurus, Is it advisable for lady to invite her male friend for her graduation in the UK? She's also ready to provide accomodation for her guest... what document should she send to her friend in Nigeria, she already got an invitation letter for him from her school . Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Mosun8220: 10:03pm On Jul 20, 2018
Good evening.
Am planning to travel with my husband next year. I earn 400k monthly while my husband earn 173k monthly. We have 3kids though not going with them. No traveling history. I have some of my money in cooperative, so am planning to take out 1m from coop to my account for the trip. Below are my question.

1. What is our chance of getting Visa
2. Will that be any query if they notice an in flow of 1m from cooperative to my account.
3. Do I need to get my cooperative statement account to support my claim
4.do I need to submit my husband statement.

I will appreciate if someone can help me with above questions.

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nwokediy: 4:28am On Jul 21, 2018
Anyone here applying for a UK tier 2 work visa? Do you know how long the waiting times are in abuja or lagos?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by health100: 5:55am On Jul 21, 2018
churockng:

Sure no problem.. I have always been updating the house on any development. Once I get any email or update from them I will let u know. If u have any update u shud let me know. Did you pay the £5 for sending an email?

Yes, they are just making money I expect them to improve without any delay

it's now 3month by Monday and they have delay my work even to use my passport for something else.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:37am On Jul 21, 2018
Blessedme4:
Please house I need ur help with this query. I intend to apply for a visitors visa with my 1 year old son. My question is can I submit our application alone ? Is my son's biometrics needed? Am asking because am travelling from a distance. Thanks in anticipation

You need to submit a separate application for your son but he doesn't need to do biometric but i think their picture will be taken

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:41am On Jul 21, 2018
ijeshaoflondon:
Hello Justwise and other gurus, Is it advisable for lady to invite her male friend for her graduation in the UK? She's also ready to provide accomodation for her guest... what document should she send to her friend in Nigeria, she already got an invitation letter for him from her school . Thanks

She can invite her male friend as long he meets visa requirements, this is like him applying to visit the UK on his own the only difference here is that a female friend is inviting him. Even if she will be paying for everything he still need to proof that he has a strong tie to Nigeria.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ytp(f): 8:50am On Jul 21, 2018
Hi everyone, you all deserve accolades.This platform was helpful to me eventhough i almost ran mad at some point.My story is a long one and wouldn't want to bore anyone with it .Thank you all.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:54am On Jul 21, 2018
Mosun8220:
Good evening.
Am planning to travel with my husband next year. I earn 400k monthly while my husband earn 173k monthly. We have 3kids though not going with them. No traveling history. I have some of my money in cooperative, so am planning to take out 1m from coop to my account for the trip. Below are my question.

1. What is our chance of getting Visa
2. Will that be any query if they notice an in flow of 1m from cooperative to my account.
3. Do I need to get my cooperative statement account to support my claim
4.do I need to submit my husband statement.

I will appreciate if someone can help me with above questions.

Thank you

1. Nobody here can honestly tell you that even the ECO can't until you made your application and wait for the outcome

2. Yes that will call for some questions if you did not explain where the money come from and back that up with paper evidence.

3. Yes you have to.

4. Yes again you have to submit his own bank statement.

Since the application is next year and both of you earn more than half a million a month why not start leaving your salaries in your salary account to avoid moving money around for visa application?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:56am On Jul 21, 2018
ytp:
Hi everyone, you all deserve accolades.This platform was helpful to me eventhough i almost ran mad at some point.My story is a long one and wouldn't want to bore anyone with it .Thank you all.

Your story will not bore anybody and a lot of people will learn from it so share if you can.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.