Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,533 members, 7,816,300 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (488) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1528699 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Khez: 1:43pm On Jul 18, 2018
Please hear this, so I wish to apply for a 6months visit visa, I work with a salary of 100k, but my boss been paying me 60k since March due to economic downturns,now it has improved, he recently made a payment of the outstanding salaries amounting to 160k and it's a small company, so I don't have a pension account to print for this application, and oh sometimes he pays me with his main account and not the company account I think just once.

I also have a side small business ,I sell wears and shoes on jumia and also dress people up, help people go to the market and buy clothes, which I am been paid for, which explains the other monies that enters my account apart from salary, I have jumia's vendor ID card to support as jumias deposits reflects in my statements and also has a page on IG where I sell too. Which makes my mothly income to 150k 200k sometimes.

Now I learnt here I don't have to spend moredan 4times my salary in a trip , and my brother inlaw is taking up my flight and hotel fee for the five days I intend to spend in the uk, pls what documents do I need to present on my part and his. And would you advice he sponsors or I let him out, I have inflow and outflow, eventho most times I transfer from my fidelity to the main account I intend to use gbt and my closing will be 2m or 1.5 as people are oweing me a lot..
Sorry for the long talks, thanks again
ekpotek:

If you don’t want any issues, and a first time visitor, why do you want to create one!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tjpetite: 2:25pm On Jul 18, 2018
Hello Walmart, i did my biometrics since June 18th and i got an email that my application is not being straightforward on July 5th. Please i need a contact you called or an email i can forward my complaints to. Awaiting your swift response. Thank you.

quote author=walmart post=69436460]Good day experts. I did my biometrics on the 6th of June, till date no passport in sight. Each type I track, no decision has been made. The training I was going for was to start today. That aside, I have another trip which I have already paid for which I do not want to miss. Please does anyone know if there is any need to call UK immigration to enquire, and if I cancel my application how long will it take to get my passport back?
Thanks.[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 4:41pm On Jul 18, 2018
Khez:
Please hear this, so I wish to apply for a 6months visit visa, I work with a salary of 100k, but my boss been paying me 60k since March due to economic downturns,now it has improved, he recently made a payment of the outstanding salaries amounting to 160k and it's a small company, so I don't have a pension account to print for this application, and oh sometimes he pays me with his main account and not the company account I think just once.

I also have a side small business ,I sell wears and shoes on jumia and also dress people up, help people go to the market and buy clothes, which I am been paid for, which explains the other monies that enters my account apart from salary, I have jumia's vendor ID card to support as jumias deposits reflects in my statements and also has a page on IG where I sell too. Which makes my mothly income to 150k 200k sometimes.

Now I learnt here I don't have to spend moredan 4times my salary in a trip , and my brother inlaw is taking up my flight and hotel fee for the five days I intend to spend in the uk, pls what documents do I need to present on my part and his. And would you advice he sponsors or I let him out, I have inflow and outflow, eventho most times I transfer from my fidelity to the main account I intend to use gbt and my closing will be 2m or 1.5 as people are oweing me a lot..

What is the purpose of your visit for 5 days?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Lee310: 4:51pm On Jul 18, 2018
Hello, please I need to know if I need to do photocopies of all pages on my passport for submission
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by solaiphones: 6:36pm On Jul 18, 2018
Hello my people in the house.
I will be submitting my visa application next week.
Pls i need ur advice on these
Will i sumit a passport photograph,also the documents I’m submitting with the application does it need a photocopies
A friend of my told me the documents will be scan not submitted how true is this.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 6:42pm On Jul 18, 2018
solaiphones:
Hello my people in the house.
I will be submitting my visa application next week.
Pls i need ur advice on these
Will i sumit a passport photograph,also the documents I’m submitting with the application does it need a photocopies
A friend of my told me the documents will be scan not submitted how true is this.

No, you won't submit a passport photograph.

Only make photocopies of the documents that are not on A4 sized papers to fit into that dimension (A4).

Yes, your friend is correct. Only your International Passport will be submitted, other documents will only be scanned.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Khez: 7:48pm On Jul 18, 2018
Holiday bro.
ekpotek:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by alert20: 8:01pm On Jul 18, 2018
Lee310:
Hello, please I need to know if I need to do photocopies of all pages on my passport for submission

no need for that since its UK application ...
but you can make copies of your past and present visas and stamps on your passport.
it's Ireland embassy that collect photocopies of your passport pages...

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 9:23am On Jul 19, 2018
Khez:
Holiday bro.

Holiday for 5 days? And considering you are proposing to spend 4 times your salary on a 5 days trip will not fly.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Swallow2k312355: 10:56am On Jul 19, 2018
what are the documents I need to submit again since we are only applying for my daughter. Thanks justwise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nice14: 11:59am On Jul 19, 2018
Nice trend

Pls i need advise regarding my UK visa
I submitted at the oregun submission center 26th of June and up till now I have not gotten any mail or text from them
My suppose date of travelling is 21 of July
How so I track my passport and
What could be the possible reason of delay and
Is it true that when there is a delay its likely the visa will be granted.
Pls cc ekpo alert and others help me on this
N.b its a 6months visiting visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Khez: 1:24pm On Jul 19, 2018
Okay bro, so kindly advise and guide accordingly so I'd know what to do
Thanks
ekpotek:

Holiday for 5 days? And considering you are proposing to spend 4 times your salary on a 5 days trip will not fly.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Khez: 1:28pm On Jul 19, 2018
Note bro
I said I learnt here that I shouldn't send 4times my salary, not that I intend to spend
Lemme post it again
Thanks

ekpotek:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kprake9: 1:32pm On Jul 19, 2018
Hello house,

I arrived UK safely and having the fun of my life.
Once again thanks for all the contributions from this platform which made my visa application successful.

Success to other applications and intending once.

6 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 1:38pm On Jul 19, 2018
ekpotek:

Your previous application data and passport data are kept with UKVI forever! You have two hurdles to overcome. One your misrepresentation of your age and two your previous passport containing the refusal stamp.

If you used the old application form, you may not disclosed your refusal of 2006 as it is over 12 years in 2018. If you used the new application form you are required to disclosed any previous refusals, no time limit.

You are also required to provide information on all passport previously held, ie the passport number, date of issue and expiration. So if you provide false information like the passport is missing or you do not have any previous passport will be equated to non disclosure of material evidences or lying. The UKVI only need to do a name search and your previous passport data will pop up on the system.

So I will advise that you bring all your cards to the table and disclose to ECO that you where refused in 2006 in a cover letter. It is left for the ECO to evaluate your honesty vis a vis your new purpose for a visa into the UK.

I once in a blue moon sound the way I will sound below, I feel this is an avoidable trouble much as I believe it is best to be truthful in one's application.

The passport used in 2006 definitely couldn't have been the e-passport. So, if he uses the old passport and agrees to have had a previous passport and can't remember details, what happens? I still don't think he should talk of the age difference stuff sha, I can't clearly see the trouble this portends for him now if he doesn't talk of it expressly in this application. He should be silent on it instead of running himself into unnecessary wahala.... This isn't a question asked that you are now denying, if it wasn't asked, this type should be allowed to be. If the need arises to be asked, they will sure ask!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 1:49pm On Jul 19, 2018
ekpotek:
Your previous application data and passport data are kept with UKVI forever! You have two hurdles to overcome. One your misrepresentation of your age and two your previous passport containing the refusal stamp. If you used the old application form, you may not disclosed your refusal of 2006 as it is over 12 years in 2018. If you used the new application form you are required to disclosed any previous refusals, no time limit. You are also required to provide information on all passport previously held, ie the passport number, date of issue and expiration. So if you provide false information like the passport is missing or you do not have any previous passport will be equated to non disclosure of material evidences or lying. The UKVI only need to do a name search and your previous passport data will pop up on the system. So I will advise that you bring all your cards to the table and disclose to ECO that you where refused in 2006 in a cover letter. It is left for the ECO to evaluate your honesty vis a vis your new purpose for a visa into the UK.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 2:06pm On Jul 19, 2018
OmoBendel24:

The passport used in 2006 definitely couldn't have been the e-passport. So, if he uses the old passport and agrees to have had a previous passport and can't remember details, what happens? I still don't think he should talk of the age difference stuff sha, I can't clearly see the trouble this portends for him now if he doesn't talk of it expressly in this application. He should be silent on it instead of running himself into unnecessary wahala.... This isn't a question asked that you are now denying, if it wasn't asked, this type should be allowed to be. If the need arises to be asked, they will sure ask!

UKVI keeps records of all visa applicants wether sucesssful or not, regardless of type of passport used. The visa questions are standard just to facilitate quick checks by ECO. This does not mean that the ECO are not obliged to carry out extensive background check. Why then does some applicant get a decision within 15 workings days and other get delayed for months. It will be fool hardy for the applicant to assumed that UKVI does not have his record especially when the residual was based on misformation and fake document.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 2:27pm On Jul 19, 2018
ekpotek:

UKVI keeps records of all visa applicants wether sucesssful or not, regardless of type of passport used. The visa questions are standard just to facilitate quick checks by ECO. This does not mean that the ECO are not obliged to carry out extensive background check. Why then does some applicant get a decision within 15 workings days and other get delayed for months. It will be fool hardy for the applicant to assumed that UKVI does not have his record especially when the residual was based on misformation and fake document.

That they have the record or not is not the real matter for me here. If he wasn't asked any question that requires him coming up with this, why go into such details unasked? Isn't there a reason they ask info covering the past 10 years specifically?

I for one never went close to the UK embassy (I was only rejected because the person that sent me the invitation - my uncle - sent same to several persons because we disturbed him for an invitation to his 70th birthday, he wanted to satisfy everybody and ended up satisfying non but my aunt, his sister - and that did cast a doubt on if there actually existed a relationship between myself and himself, I checked right on other grounds) for a specific reason as his case from 1999 till 2009, even with the other travel history I had gathered in between, I just needed time to pass, and I subsequently didn't have issues. I understand times have changed though....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 2:57pm On Jul 19, 2018
OmoBendel24:

That they have the record or not is not the real matter for me here. If he wasn't asked any question that requires him coming up with this, why go into such details unasked? Isn't there a reason they ask info covering the past 10 years specifically?

I for one never went close to the UK embassy (I was only rejected because the person that sent me the invitation - my uncle - sent same to several persons because we disturbed him for an invitation to his 70th birthday, he wanted to satisfy everybody and ended up satisfying non but my aunt, his sister - and that did cast a doubt on if there actually existed a relationship between myself and himself, I checked right on other grounds) for a specific reason as his case from 1999 till 2009, even with the other travel history I had gathered in between, I just needed time to pass, and I subsequently didn't have issues. I understand times have changed though....

Times has change indeed. With global terrorism and other incidents, the new UKVI visitor online application form does not have any time limit on pass refusals like the old form. The worst that can happen is to get refuse, but at least he would have straighten his record with UKVI for future application. That’s my take.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by alert20: 3:55pm On Jul 19, 2018
kprake9:
Hello house,

Once again thanks for all the contributions from this platform which made my visa application successful.

oga krakpe longest time... I was wondering when you will update the house about your trip b4...
anyway good to hear from you and also how long are you staying??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Olugerm(m): 3:57pm On Jul 19, 2018
Hello bosses pls I need your help my female white friend want to invite me and she's the one paying for all my expenses.. I'm a part time student and working pls what are the things I need to do and documents I'm going to need
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by alert20: 4:06pm On Jul 19, 2018
nice14:
Nice trend

Pls i need advise regarding my UK visa
I submitted at the oregun submission center 26th of June and up till now I have not gotten any mail or text from them
My suppose date of travelling is 21 of July
How so I track my passport and
What could be the possible reason of delay and
Is it true that when there is a delay its likely the visa will be granted.
Pls cc ekpo alert and others help me on this
N.b its a 6months visiting visa

do you submit your application at Tls contact in ikeja??
do you submit the application yourself??
reason I'm asking the question is UK no longer use vfs oregun for submission again oooo...

have you tracked your application on Tls website??
have you gotten any mail from ukvi or Tls??
if your answer is no, then maybe you should call or mail ukvi concerning your application...

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by churockng: 4:27pm On Jul 19, 2018
alert20:

do you submit your application at Tls contact in ikeja??
do you submit the application yourself??
reason I'm asking the question is UK no longer use vfs oregun for submission again oooo...

have you tracked your application on Tls website??
have you gotten any mail from ukvi or Tls??
if your answer is no, then maybe you should call or mail ukvi concerning your application...j

This guys have just decided to frustrate me. Today I got another email from UKVI which states..

Dear ******** ********** **********

Regarding Visa Application: GWF********
For ******** ********* ********

Thank you for your enquiry

The decision on your application was notified to the relevant team in Lagos in May.
We are making enquries with the Visa Application Centre in Ikeja as to the receipt of our notification and instructions to release your passport and documents.

A further email will be sent to you when we receive a response.We appreciate your patience at this time, and will update you as and when we have any additional information.

Please note that you are advised not to purchase flight tickets until you have secured a visa for travel to the UK.

If you have any further enquiries, please visit our website at www.GOV.UK

Kind Regards

UKVI Contact Centre Service - UK Decision Making Centre
www.GOV.UK
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Omoluabi16(m): 4:34pm On Jul 19, 2018
justwise:

Contact r231 he knows more about shipping from the UK than I do, he moderates the general section of nairaland

thanks bro, I'll reach out to him.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bigbus: 4:53pm On Jul 19, 2018
Olugerm:
Hello bosses pls I need your help my female white friend want to invite me and she's the one paying for all my expenses.. I'm a part time student and working pls what are the things I need to do and documents I'm going to need

Sir, You posted same in the US thread. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
For your answer, read back. Has this friend visited you in Nigeria? That may be your first option.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by alert20: 5:26pm On Jul 19, 2018
churockng:

This guys have just decided to frustrate me. Today I got another email from UKVI which states..

Dear ******** ********** **********

Regarding Visa Application: GWF********
For ******** ********* ********

Thank you for your enquiry

The decision on your application was notified to the relevant team in Lagos in May.
We are making enquries with the Visa Application Centre in Ikeja as to the receipt of our notification and instructions to release your passport and documents.

A further email will be sent to you when we receive a response.We appreciate your patience at this time, and will update you as and when we have any additional information.

Please note that you are advised not to purchase flight tickets until you have secured a visa for travel to the UK.

If you have any further enquiries, please visit our website at www.GOV.UK

Kind Regards

UKVI Contact Centre Service - UK Decision Making Centre
www.GOV.UK

evening bro...
i dunno why they are keeping your passport sha, but i believe they would soon release it to you... just be patient and lets wait for the outcome... just hope for the best...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Khez: 5:39pm On Jul 19, 2018
Hi congratulations
Pls kindly update us on the documents you submitted and how it went pls
Thanks
kprake9:
Hello house,

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Khez: 5:41pm On Jul 19, 2018
Bro abegi read my case and advice nah
alert20:

oga krakpe longest time... I was wondering when you will update the house about your trip b4...
anyway good to hear from you and also how long are you staying??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by dewale1234(m): 5:43pm On Jul 19, 2018
kprake9:
Hello house,

Congratulations. Do have a fun filled stay
Please what airline did you use and what was the service experience like?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 5:52pm On Jul 19, 2018
kprake9:
Hello house,

Congratulations. Can you share your experiences at POE?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.