Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,032 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (57) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1528503 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 3:25pm On Feb 16, 2016
fanedrive:
please is standard visitor visa same as tourist visa

Yes please. You can apply for a Standard Visitor visa if you want to visit the UK for leisure, medical treatment, business, or to take part in sports or creative events.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by JayJay0211: 9:42pm On Feb 16, 2016
Good evening, everybody. My mom's UK Visit Visa Application was rejected due to DIFFERENCE in Date of Birth. Her 2nd to the last passport had 10/11 instead of 11/10 (10th November instead of 11th October) while her other previous passports and the current passport have the 11th October date on them. The ECO called to interview her before the rejection to ask why she had 2 dates of birth and she told them she was unaware of the error on her expired passport and the ECO told her to get a covering letter from Immigration the next day to substantiate her claim of error. Immigration however told her they can only write when the error passport is returned and she submitted a sworn affidavit the next day instead attesting to the 11th October date as her true D of B and that the other date was an error of transposition. My dad's protocol personnel (when he was a Director in a Govt Agency) always filled forms for us to sign. Unfortunately, my mom didnt notice the error until it was mentioned on the rejection letter. Most unfortunately, she had an expired UK Visit Visa as well as an expired Chinese Visa on the error date of birth, which the rejection letter also pointed out. The Rejection Letter said UKVI was unable to ascertain her true identity as the reason for the rejection. Unfortunately, the D of B was an honest mistake as she has no incentive or motive to choose a different D of B now in her 60s. Please advise on what to do now. Thank you in anticipation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by vcole: 2:03pm On Feb 17, 2016
She should have requested for the expired passport with the wrong date of birth and returned it to immigration and gotten an affidavit. However, the issue will be that she had gone on to secure visas with that passport as well as possibly embarked on trips with it......this is actually an offence but being that shes in her 60s she may be able to get a nice NIS personnel to assist in her getting the affidavit
JayJay0211:
Good evening, everybody. My mom's UK Visit Visa Application was rejected due to DIFFERENCE in Date of Birth. Her 2nd to the last passport had 10/11 instead of 11/10 (10th November instead of 11th October) while her other previous passports and the current passport have the 11th October date on them. The ECO called to interview her before the rejection to ask why she had 2 dates of birth and she told them she was unaware of the error on her expired passport and the ECO told her to get a covering letter from Immigration the next day to substantiate her claim of error. Immigration however told her they can only write when the error passport is returned and she submitted a sworn affidavit the next day instead attesting to the 11th October date as her true D of B and that the other date was an error of transposition. My dad's protocol personnel (when he was a Director in a Govt Agency) always filled forms for us to sign. Unfortunately, my mom didnt notice the error until it was mentioned on the rejection letter. Most unfortunately, she had an expired UK Visit Visa as well as an expired Chinese Visa on the error date of birth, which the rejection letter also pointed out. The Rejection Letter said UKVI was unable to ascertain her true identity as the reason for the rejection. Unfortunately, the D of B was an honest mistake as she has no incentive or motive to choose a different D of B now in her 60s. Please advise on what to do now. Thank you in anticipation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by vcole: 2:07pm On Feb 17, 2016
have you collected your passport?
Mom's got delivered yesterday. 5 working days time line from submission to return. Courier didn't even call. A neighbour collected on our behalf and the courier is supposed to be shown a collection slip which was given to her by teleperformance oh. Thankfully we live in a small gated estate so it was safe.
So, any one opting for the return courier service, ensure you give an address that would make delivery safe and secure.
abnot:
So UKVI Sheffield emailed me on Feb 10 to say "a decision has been made" and TLSContact emails me on Feb 15 to say "Your UK visa application has been received by UK Visas & Immigration and will now be processed in accordance with published timelines" . Lol
Wonder who is giving the realtime information here... Teleperformance seems to be be updating one week later than they should
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by abnot: 2:24pm On Feb 17, 2016
vcole:
have you collected your passport?
Mom's got delivered yesterday. 5 working days time line from submission to return. Courier didn't even call. A neighbour collected on our behalf and the courier is supposed to be shown a collection slip which was given to her by teleperformance oh. Thankfully we live in a small gated estate so it was safe.
So, any one opting for the return courier service, ensure you give an address that would make delivery safe and secure.

Yea picked it up this afternoon. One week after getting the decision made email.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by abnot: 2:25pm On Feb 17, 2016
Just returned from TLS in VI to pick up my package.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Simplesoul05(m): 4:37pm On Feb 17, 2016
abnot:
Just returned from TLS in VI to pick up my package. As I've said on this wall, you dont have to be earning excessively to get the uk visa.

With my 110k a month salary i was issued the 2 year c visa. I had a closing balance of 790k and about 500k of it was deposited between

january 7th and january 25th. I applied online on the 30th. I finished nysc in mid october and started working at the end of november so could only submit three pay slips for november, december and january as I got regularized only after completing nysc

Awwww. And I was there too to submit. Wish I had known.... congrats
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by youseuph(m): 6:50pm On Feb 17, 2016
abnot:
Just returned from TLS in VI to pick up my package. As I've said on this wall, you dont have to be earning excessively to get the uk visa.

With my 110k a month salary i was issued the 2 year c visa. I had a closing balance of 790k and about 500k of it was deposited between

january 7th and january 25th. I applied online on the 30th. I finished nysc in mid october and started working at the end of november so could only submit three pay slips for november, december and january as I got regularized only after completing nysc

Your post has given me some relief. I intend to apply for UK visa by 1st week in in March for the purpose of writing a professional exam in July. But my problem is I don't have enough cash in my account presently. I have just 250k but hope to raise it up to like 600 by march. I earn 150k as salary. Could salary alert be intterpretted as cash lodgement and what are my chances of securing the visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by abnot: 8:07pm On Feb 17, 2016
youseuph:

Your post has given me some relief. I intend to apply for UK visa by 1st week in in March for the purpose of writing a professional exam in July. But my problem is I don't have enough cash in my account presently. I have just 250k but hope to raise it up to like 600 by march. I earn 150k as salary. Could salary alert be intterpretted as cash lodgement and what are my chances of securing the visa?
Accumulate your salary and avoid money lodgement. Even though huge sums were deposited into my account weeks before the application my account has always been recording credits from another source monthly however I spend the money as it's coming which made it hard for me to accumulate money over time . In addition make realistic travel budget as my budget was barely £1,000. Lastly I was a UK resident till January 2015 and never made recourse to public fund all through my stay there so all these may have made the ECO less stringent on my application..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by akyiremlouis: 8:49pm On Feb 17, 2016
how many days was 1000 pounds enough. did the budget included flight food transport
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Bummi101: 9:27pm On Feb 17, 2016
Hello ,

I got a mail that decision has been made! But no one was called for verification , not even my office or sibling . Is that normal ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by abnot: 11:02pm On Feb 17, 2016
akyiremlouis:
how many days was 1000 pounds enough. did the budget included flight food transport
Budget was 600 for flight , 150 for hotel and 250 for feeding/shopping . Also added an itenary of my planned day-to-day activities
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by abnot: 11:04pm On Feb 17, 2016
Bummi101:
Hello ,

I got a mail that decision has been made! But no one was called for verification , not even my office or sibling . Is that normal ?
Yep . They don't usually except clarifications are needed. If the "decision made" email was from Sheffield then You may get your package one week from today or earlier
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by youseuph(m): 2:35am On Feb 18, 2016
abnot:

Accumulate your salary and avoid money lodgement. Even though huge sums were deposited into my account weeks before the application my account has always been recording credits from another source monthly however I spend the money as it's coming which made it hard for me to accumulate money over time . In addition make realistic travel budget as my budget was barely £1,000. Lastly I was a UK resident till January 2015 and never made recourse to public fund all through my stay there so all these may have made the ECO less stringent on my application..

Thanks a bunch.

My plan for building my account include using my 3 months salary arrears that I am expecting shortly as well as my wife's salary which is the same as what I earn. Do I need to attach her statement of account too to prove the source of the money coming from her?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by abnot: 6:50am On Feb 18, 2016
youseuph:

Thanks a bunch.

My plan for building my account include using my 3 months salary arrears that I am expecting shortly as well as my wife's salary which is the same as what I earn. Do I need to attach her statement of account too to prove the source of the money coming from her?
You can tell your wife to transfer the money to you and submit your bank statement to reduce unnecessary complexities.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by akyiremlouis: 10:20am On Feb 18, 2016
you have to include your wifes bank statement indicating the said amount was debited on the date as an evidence whiles clearly stating the purpose of such transfer into your personal account. you should however provide evidence of genuine relationship between you and your wife such as marriage cert and birthcert of any child of both bearing you name and you wife
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by akyiremlouis: 10:23am On Feb 18, 2016
how was 250 pounds possibly for food and shopping and how many days was this acceptable as adequate funds for maintenance
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by abnot: 11:51am On Feb 18, 2016
akyiremlouis:
how was 250 pounds possibly for food and shopping and how many days was this acceptable as adequate funds for maintenance

Well that was what i put up there in my application (9 days) . Hostel fee (not hotel) £150 flight fee £600 and shopping / miscellaneous £250. I had a seperate document listing out what i plan to do while in uk and the cost of each of these activities including my eating spots. Everything summed up to £117 so you can see that the £250 pound budget was even too much.

When i was residing in uk i use to apply for schengen visas with just £500 or thereabout in my account and never got denied. In december 2014 I applied for schengen visa in lagos (france) and had 273k in my account. Visa was granted.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by abnot: 11:53am On Feb 18, 2016
akyiremlouis:
you have to include your wifes bank statement indicating the said amount was debited on the date as an evidence whiles clearly stating the purpose of such transfer into your personal account. you should however provide evidence of genuine relationship between you and your wife such as marriage cert and birthcert of any child of both bearing you name and you wife

If he does a bank transfer his wife's name will show up on his statement as the source of the funds and he wont have any issue especially if he states that at the additional information section
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by pimpos: 2:56pm On Feb 18, 2016
Frontpagelawyer,Lady G,Justwise and others kindly help out.
I'm thinking of travelling to the UK next month and I want to find out somethings about that "form A"
a) can I transfer money to a UK personal account(not for school fees or medical fees) using Form A and have the person withdraw when I get there?
b) is it going to be at the official bank rate?
c) do all banks offer that service(form A) and can it be done anytime?

Please kindly help me with answers,merci!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 4:11pm On Feb 18, 2016
pimpos:
I'm thinking of travelling to the UK next month and I want to find out somethings about that "form A"
a) can I transfer money to a UK personal account(not for school fees or medical fees) using Form A and have the person withdraw when I get there?

Due to price mechanism, the banks have difference exchange rates. I'll advise that you contact your bank to get first-hand information on this subject.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by crowaddy(m): 4:12pm On Feb 18, 2016
pimpos:

A)No you cannot. You cannot do that with form A

Answer above answers everything.

What you are suggesting is an economic sabotage and illegal.

Sai Baba has a plan for persons like you and will act shortly. The relevant agencies are on the lookout.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by pimpos: 4:27pm On Feb 18, 2016
Crowaddy,your first sentence is all the answer I need(the rest of it is just plain bullshit). Not everybody is dubious or have "bad intentions",so don't just open your mouth and spew rubbish.
Thanks frontpagelawyer

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by travelpoint: 4:29pm On Feb 18, 2016
Bummi101:
Hello ,

Yes that is normal
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by crowaddy(m): 4:49pm On Feb 18, 2016
pimpos:
Crowaddy,your first sentence is all the answer I need(the rest of it is just plain bullshit). Not everybody is dubious or have "bad intentions",so don't just open your mouth and spew rubbish.
Thanks frontpagelawyer
I am sorry if I insinuated that you had dubious intensions but the truth is that understands what a FORM A is and lays it side by side with your questions can go the distance with his thinking.
If you do not know, FORM A is a serious exchange document. The govt (Through CBN)has records of who has made use of it since whenever and have even digitalized these records in recent years.

YOU RISK JAIL TERM if you abuse it by not using it they way it was designed and intended by govt.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by abnot: 5:06pm On Feb 18, 2016
On the other hand what is the best way to get pounds (PTA) or at descent rates? GTbank has stopped issuing PTA and the BDC's seem to be charging outrageous amounts (almost 500 naira to 1 pounds).
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by pimpos: 5:57pm On Feb 18, 2016
@Crowaddy,thanks for the education. The truth is I really didn't know (and still don't know) how the "form A" works and that was why I asked.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nairacountry(m): 11:10am On Feb 19, 2016
abnot:
On the other hand what is the best way to get pounds (PTA) or at descent rates? GTbank has stopped issuing PTA and the BDC's seem to be charging outrageous amounts (almost 500 naira to 1 pounds).

I'm sincerely interested in this too.
My bank; gtbank said I can't by forex purposely for BTA (embargo on this for now), can't deposit naira in my dollar Dom acct, however, I can use my naira Master card abroad to the tune of 1,000$ (£ equivalent) per month. They charged 284.99$ last week on an online payment. Going by this, it's almost #70 lesser than Wat BDC would offer. Then pounds charges will or should be lesser than the BDC rates too. Therefore, I presumed spending on my MasterCard will be cheaper than buying pounds here in 9ja as BTA.
Otherwise, you can confirm the current exchange rate in London? Maybe travelstart can tell us the current #to£ exchange rate
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by abnot: 12:01pm On Feb 19, 2016
nairacountry:

I'm sincerely interested in this too.
My bank; gtbank said I can't by forex purposely for BTA (embargo on this for now), can't deposit naira in my dollar Dom acct, however, I can use my naira Master card abroad to the tune of 1,000$ (£ equivalent) per month. They charged 284.99$ last week on an online payment. Going by this, it's almost #70 lesser than Wat BDC would offer. Then pounds charges will or should be lesser than the BDC rates too. Therefore, I presumed spending on my MasterCard will be cheaper than buying pounds here in 9ja as BTA.
Otherwise, you can confirm the current exchange rate in London? Maybe travelstart can tell us the current #to£ exchange rate

The interbank rate (NGN284 to a dollar) is still too high compare to the NGN199 to the dollar official rate. Probably should search for banks that still offer PTA..

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.