Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,006 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1534761 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 11:17pm On Nov 02, 2015
wkkwl:
Hello greetings

I will be attending a seminar in the U.S next year september,
I have never left the country before,am 23 years old,i want to know,the things i need to collect for the people inviting me for the seminar and stuffs like that,
is it possible for me to extend my stay to more than a week like a sort of visiting,i will chill with my friend who is inviting me for the seminar,
Please can you advice me accordinly and all

How i can go about this,will really appreciate.

Hello
Please go to page 1 of this thread. You l see a link to the US embassy website. Go thru it. See the types of visa and documentation. Then ask for clarifications.
Yes u may stay in the US legally for the period you are stamped in. Visas for visit and conferences are one and the same.
U can also read the ist part of this thread to get a better grasp of the whole process. Happy reading

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by october01: 12:45pm On Nov 03, 2015
Hello House,
I applied for a UK visa last year and visa granted for me,wife and kid. we travelled in april 2014 spent 18 days and came back to Naija cos i work for d govt. I applied now for yankee visa to visit my sister inlaw who is a yankee passport holder but this time around we are four cos i had a son last year after we came back from uk. What are d chances of getting the visa considering the fact that my son has not travelled wit us as a family before.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Goldengift(f): 3:51pm On Nov 03, 2015
Good day all. This is my first time here. Please which airline can i take to New Orleans from Lagos at a good price? Will appreciate a feed back soon.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 5:17pm On Nov 03, 2015
Goldengift:
Good day all. This is my first time here. Please which airline can i take to New Orleans from Lagos at a good price? Will appreciate a feed back soon.
Check google.com
Wakanow.com
Skyscanner.com
To mention but a few...

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 8:08pm On Nov 03, 2015
october01:
Hello House,
I applied for a UK visa last year and visa granted for me,wife and kid. we travelled in april 2014 spent 18 days and came back to Naija cos i work for d govt. I applied now for yankee visa to visit my sister inlaw who is a yankee passport holder but this time around we are four cos i had a son last year after we came back from uk. What are d chances of getting the visa considering the fact that my son has not travelled wit us as a family before.
Go ahead you have no problem just be truthful and honest with your application. God is your strength.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by julius99(m): 8:26pm On Nov 03, 2015
Please guys, will really appreciate if these questions are answered, thanks.
fideco:
Hello, Please I need to know the answers to these two questions:

- Someone who has been issued a visa to the United States but did not travel at the specified date as a result of he lost his mother and the company has to reschedule his leave to USA. Will this affect him at the point of entry?

- My friend and his cousin (20years old) want to apply for Tourist/Vacation visa. What visa type is best to apply for, is it family or apply for tourist visa separately?

Waiting for your response!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 7:19am On Nov 04, 2015
julius99:
Please guys, will really appreciate if these questions are answered, thanks.
1. No
2. B1/B2
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ekpotek: 7:47pm On Nov 04, 2015
Goldengift:

Delta airline with a stop over at Atlanta.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by yetiebaby: 7:21am On Nov 05, 2015
hello goodmorning everyone. pls I'll like to know if I can change my travel date from late Dec to late November with no issue at the POE and also anyone with an experience with Turkish n emirate airline Sud pls share cos it seems they're cheapest I've gotten so far to California . Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 9:40am On Nov 05, 2015
yetiebaby:
hello goodmorning everyone. pls I'll like to know if I can change my travel date from late Dec to late November with no issue at the POE and also anyone with an experience with Turkish n emirate airline Sud pls share cos it seems they're cheapest I've gotten so far to California . Thanks
Ist question ws answered on This page. For more indept analysis u can read part 1 of this thread. Plenty answers on it.
On the turkish air read this
https://www.nairaland.com/2655925/give-birth-usa-cost-procedures/56
For the different and plenty opinions
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by alake007: 4:05pm On Nov 05, 2015
Hello Guys.

Thank you for your valuable inputs. I had a successful interview at the Lagos Embassy yesterday.

However, they returned my passport photograph at the bio-metrics stage and the VO did not request for it. Aren't they meant to hold on to it, for issuing the visa?

TIA.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 6:59pm On Nov 05, 2015
alake007:
Hello Guys.

Thank you for your valuable inputs. I had a successful interview at the Lagos Embassy yesterday.

However, they returned my passport photograph at the bio-metrics stage and the VO did not request for it. Aren't they meant to hold on to it, for issuing the visa?

TIA.
Lolz. Ur question reminds me of a poster that asked the vo ' but u are holding my passport na' after being told she was successful.
Congrats.
Fear not. They l crop the one on your int' l passport.
But sha if u be ma pikin I for don beat u. 'You didn't give it to them there?! Oya walk back to to the embassy and give them back!' cheesy
Poffpoff wen u de return o!
Ngwa share ur transcript instanta!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by newmusic: 7:42pm On Nov 05, 2015
Hello @ladyg and co.
After going through the printed copy of my ds160 now, i realise i made a mistake in my date of birth and I have already submitted. Pls advise on what I can do to make correction. Very urgent pls.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by alake007: 8:31pm On Nov 05, 2015
Thank you LadyGuinivere.

I applied last year but was denied without really being asked a lot of questions so I think it is ironic that I got the visa now without too many questions

My Transcript, all this was about a minute

VO: Good Afternoon with a smile
Me: Good afternoon with a smile
VO: Why do you want to visit the US?
Me: For vacation and as a transit point when moving to Canada next year
VO: Have you ever travelled out of Nigeria?
Me: Yes, to x,y,z
VO: I heard good things about x...
Me: oh yes, the food and night life of ....is fantastic(mentioned the capital of X and she smiles)
VO: What is your job?
Me: I am xxxx
VO: How much do you earn?
Me: Me, NGN xxxx
VO: Are you married?
Me: No, I am single
VO: Where are you going to in the US?
Me: NYC
VO: Your application has been approved, pls pick at xxxx

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 8:43pm On Nov 05, 2015
newmusic:
Hello @ladyg and co.
After going through the printed copy of my ds160 now, i realise i made a mistake in my date of birth and I have already submitted. Pls advise on what I can do to make correction. Very urgent pls.
Fill a fresh ds 160 and submit. Email the embassy to swap the new ds 160 with the old
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by newmusic: 9:18pm On Nov 05, 2015
Ok thanks I will do that, is it going to affect my appointment as well?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 9:27pm On Nov 05, 2015
newmusic:
Ok thanks I will do that, is it going to affect my appointment as well?
No. Same date
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 9:53pm On Nov 05, 2015
alake007:
Thank you LadyGuinivere.

I applied last year but was denied without really being asked a lot of questions so I think it is ironic that I got the visa now without too many questions

My Transcript, all this was about a minute

VO: Good Afternoon with a smile
Me: Good afternoon with a smile
VO: Why do you want to visit the US?
Me: For vacation and as a transit point when moving to Canada next year
VO: Have you ever travelled out of Nigeria?
Me: Yes, to x,y,z
VO: I heard good things about x...
Me: oh yes, the food and night life of ....is fantastic(mentioned the capital of X and she smiles)
VO: What is your job?
Me: I am xxxx
VO: How much do you earn?
Me: Me, NGN xxxx
VO: Are you married?
Me: No, I am single
VO: Where are you going to in the US?
Me: NYC
VO: Your application has been approved, pls pick at xxxx

Congrats

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by olusnext082: 11:39pm On Nov 05, 2015
Good evening house. Please I need an urgent clarification. I paid visa fees with my old passport number which will soon expire,but have gotten my new passport now. Can I still use my previous reference number which I paid with my old passport to book appointment? Or I will need to pay new fee with my new passport number ? Please I will be grateful if I get answer to this.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nwannenna: 7:20am On Nov 06, 2015
quick question.Can anybody help me with this? can i book a jfk bound flight on Etihad and pay later....for how long can they reserve this booking cos i didnt see anywhere its specified on their website.
Thanks guys.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by diggy4real: 10:57am On Nov 06, 2015
I thank the gurus in the house...I have been following this thread...the pieces of information here is awesome. My case is this......I want to go for a vocational training in the US for 4days..... I searched and I found M-1 visa, this category fits my case.....buh dunno how to go about it partly because the info here. Is all about b1/b2......Or will i be granted b1/b2 visa for my training..... Since is just for 4days?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by chiste1: 12:21pm On Nov 06, 2015
HOUSTON is a sprawling metropolis in Texas, extending to Galveston Bay. It’s closely linked with the Space Center Houston, the coastal visitor center at NASA’s astronaut training and flight control complex. The city’s relatively compact Downtown includes the Theater District, home to the renowned Houston Grand Opera, and the Historic District, which pairs 19th-century architecture with trendy restaurants. Lots of events are lined up for this yuletide season such as: The Jewish Book & Art fair, Mark Rothko:A retrospective, The regional premiere of "The Elaborate Entrance of Chad Deity",Art Exhibition:Boris Kaplun, A Night In Bethlehem (The event is FREE,Don’t miss this living, interactive recreation of the original Christmas story. Join us for free activities for the family including candle making, create a clay pinch pot, sew a coin bag or play Bethlehem dress-up.) and lots of interesting events lined up for visitors/tourists this season.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mamaJedidiah: 1:10pm On Nov 06, 2015
Hello Everyone,
I am new here. Please i need advice.
I have a US visa B1/B2 issued last year which expires next year.
At the point of getting the visa i was not pregnant but now i am pregnant , and i will want to travel to have the baby.
I have made contact with the doctor, they have refused to collect a dime from me till i arrive Texas.
i have heard too many stories of women turned back at the point of entry. Please i need advice on how to make it safely.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 1:50pm On Nov 06, 2015
mamaJedidiah:
Hello Everyone,
I am new here. Please i need advice.
I have a US visa B1/B2 issued last year which expires next year.
At the point of getting the visa i was not pregnant but now i am pregnant , and i will want to travel to have the baby.
I have made contact with the doctor, they have refused to collect a dime from me till i arrive Texas.
i have heard too many stories of women turned back at the point of entry. Please i need advice on how to make it safely.
Go to this thread and read . U have to go through https://www.nairaland.com/2655925/give-birth-usa-cost-procedures/70#39715797. Your questions will be treated
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by newmusic: 2:24pm On Nov 06, 2015
@ladyG, i have sent another DS160, i hope i get it resolved asap.

My other question - my company want to write a confirmation letter stating my employment, leave etc how we gonna address the letter? I have been asking this question for days now. Is it to the Visa Officer or consular etc.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 2:29pm On Nov 06, 2015
diggy4real:
I thank the gurus in the house...I have been following this thread...the pieces of information here is awesome. My case is this......I want to go for a vocational training in the US for 4days..... I searched and I found M-1 visa, this category fits my case.....buh dunno how to go about it partly because the info here. Is all about b1/b2......Or will i be granted b1/b2 visa for my training..... Since is just for 4days?
U can get a B1/B2 for short trainings /lectures. Look at the US website well. You will see it
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by diggy4real: 3:35pm On Nov 06, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

U can get a B1/B2 for short trainings /lectures. Look at the US website well. You will see it

Thanks @ LadyG......my status is this:
Monthly salary: 100k
Virgin passport.
Expired Dubai visa DT was not used.
Single but engaged( getting married next year march and my trip is for February)
The Vocational training is to equip me better in my field.
Will be having not less than a million naira in my acc before my interview.
@ LadyG and the rest......what do u all think?......I know dt travel experience and home ties are lacking but read about peeps DT got it dis way. Ur assessment will be appreciated.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by chiste1: 5:31pm On Nov 06, 2015
I hail all the travel gurus in da house...

Just a question that has been bothering my mind.
Is it possible for someone with the following, be able to visit USA:
--earns 80,000monthly salary,
--not traveled before
--with virgin passport
--makes extra income through some personal legally registered business
--cumulative net income monthly 150,000-200,000 (both salary and side-jobs)
--married with 3 children
--married to a working class wife (works in the medical field)
--has a comfortable host in the USA (who works with American Red Cross as an IT Professional for more than 15yrs and has properties around USA)
--involved in international businesses (car importation).

If possible,what steps or advice can he follow to achieve this by September next year?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 7:59pm On Nov 06, 2015
diggy4real:

Thanks @ LadyG......my status is this:
Monthly salary: 100k
Virgin passport.
Expired Dubai visa DT was not used.
Single but engaged( getting married next year march and my trip is for February)
The Vocational training is to equip me better in my field.
Will be having not less than a million naira in my acc before my interview.
@ LadyG and the rest......what do u all think?......I know dt travel experience and home ties are lacking but read about peeps DT got it dis way. Ur assessment will be appreciated.

My bro/sister
I desist from making personal assesments because only the vo can holistically assess your application and decide. Sometimes the transcripts are outta d ordinary and different.I always advice folks to read the thread and self evaluate from the history.
U have already picked out some factors u and the general populace consider a positive but which u don't have. U already said u know folks that got visas despite not meeting these requirements?
So what else can I say but good luck?

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by diggy4real: 8:46pm On Nov 06, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

My bro/sister
I desist from making personal assesments because only the vo can holistically assess your application and decide. Sometimes the transcripts are outta d ordinary and different.I always advice folks to read the thread and self evaluate from the history.
U have already picked out some factors u and the general populace consider a positive but which u don't have. U already said u know folks that got visas despite not meeting these requirements?

Thanks....will give it a shot.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by lovettett(f): 9:28pm On Nov 06, 2015
Emirates airline is abt the best in that region. Ve used them. Very comfy, staff pleasant, food good n dey re very generous wt their service.lol cheesy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Wfmopraiz: 9:14am On Nov 07, 2015
If the VO ask this question, are you married?
Then I respond I'm single but engaged, will be getting married sometimes soon.
Do you think that make any sense to the VO or one should just answer I'm single. I'll love to get a response ASAP. Thanks

LadyGuinivere:

My bro/sister

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75