Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:11 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1534724 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 1:12pm On Nov 07, 2015
[quote author=Wfmopraiz post=39766324]If the VO ask this question, are you married?
Then I respond I'm single but engaged, will be getting married sometimes soon.
Do you think that make any sense to the VO or one should just answer I'm single. I'll love to get a response ASAP. Thanks

[/quote I've to be honest with you... be straightforward
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 2:54pm On Nov 07, 2015
IMO being engaged is neither here nor there. You are married or you aint married.I don't believe it increases or reduces one's chance at getting the visa.
But if u are truly engaged, and u feel like sharing that info with the VO, carry on! U never know!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by basica7000: 5:35pm On Nov 07, 2015
Hi LadyGuiniverel....

Am trying to apply for a U.S. visa for my wife as I intend us to travel together for vacation...she still has her maiden name on her passport. I have travelled to the U.S. five times and still have my visa as it has not expired....she has also travelled to two different countries..but the issue is the maiden name she still has on her passport.
My powerful ...she has been denied twice ...my questions......
1. Can I accompany her during the next interview
2. If i apply for her that we are going on vacation together .won't the different names raise flag
3. Can we take our marriage certificate and the wedding pics along...
4. Does her having a new passport reflecting her new surname suffice here

Thanks so much Lady powerful
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 7:23pm On Nov 07, 2015
basica7000:
Hi LadyGuiniverel....

Am trying to apply for a U.S. visa for my wife as I intend us to travel together for vacation...she still has her maiden name on her passport. I have travelled to the U.S. five times and still have my visa as it has not expired....she has also travelled to two different countries..but the issue is the maiden name she still has on her passport.
My powerful ...she has been denied twice ...my questions......
1. Can I accompany her during the next interview
2. If i apply for her that we are going on vacation together .won't the different names raise flag
3. Can we take our marriage certificate and the wedding pics along...
4. Does her having a new passport reflecting her new surname suffice here

Thanks so much Lady powerful
Hmmmm! All this big name! Na big name de kee dog o! Abegi I take God name beg u, I no powerful, na only God get power.
1. No u cannot accompany her.she's an adult and her application is based on her self and ties. I hear abuja, sometimes they allow spouses to accompany but as a rule u can't.
2. No red flag. A zillion applicants apply with different names. I did. Oga applied after me with his name, he got. The only thing was that they quizzed him A bit about me, where I worked and some other details I filled in my application. They also know getting a passport changed to maiden name in abuja no be today matter.
3. Yes. SHE can. I already told ya, you have no business at the embassy except to drop her off. cheesy. Any supporting documents are neccessary. Plus change of name and affidavit etc though who wan look am there?
4. Answered.her maiden name is a non issue

It might help if u post details of her prior refusals. Folks might have advice.
Good luck and God's grace
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Truth4Ever: 8:36pm On Nov 07, 2015
Hello everyone, I am new here and would love if I can get some suggestions on my situation.
I have a valied us visa since last year but have not been able to travel due to work and other things.
Last month I got a job and have to leave my current job but I won't start on my new job till next year Feb.
I have decided to go and rest for 2 months in us. My concern now is, if I buy ticket for two months, won't I have issue at poe as I told the vo that I was travelling for vacation last year July but couldn't go because of work load.
God bless you all for all your concern for others.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by HoLEEsinner: 9:53am On Nov 08, 2015
Hello nairalanders,

My cousin is inviting me to come to the states for his graduation(MSc) he just got married to a citizen last month, so he doesn't have his papers yet, so he got the invite through his school, University of Missouri. I would love to know the kind of visa applications I should apply for and documents to tender, I work with an IT company and still in school (MSc). Please drop any information that can help. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by thegreengooner(m): 11:30am On Nov 08, 2015
Chai! LadyGuinivere I didn't know you had been upgraded to Lady Powerful...all hail!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 11:31am On Nov 08, 2015
HoLEEsinner:
Hello nairalanders,

My cousin is inviting me to come to the states for his graduation(MSc) he just got married to a citizen last month, so he doesn't have his papers yet, so he got the invite through his school, University of Missouri. I would love to know the kind of visa applications I should apply for and documents to tender, I work with an IT company and still in school (MSc). Please drop any information that can help. Thanks
I suggest u check the US website or check for the link on page. 1 of this thread for various types of visas and the particular one which will be applicable to u. Reason being:this is a do it yourself thread and if u are unable to research the type of visa u need, u will run into hitches.
After researching pls ask for clarifications if needed
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by BusinessHub1: 11:44am On Nov 08, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

I suggest u check the US website or check for the link on page. 1 of this thread for various types of visas and the particular one which will be applicable to u. Reason being:this is a do it yourself thread and if u are unable to research the type of visa u need, u will run into hitches.
After researching pls ask for clarifications if needed
so harsh.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 1:56pm On Nov 08, 2015
BusinessHub1:

so harsh.
Honey. If. U go thru the thread u would know I mean the guy well. I was straight not harsh because I don't want him to run into hitches.
Nobody here is an agent. Or anybody's nanny btw. And the essence of this thread is for One to be able to hold his own from the interview to poe.
But as you seem to wanna spoonfeed the poster, kindly do that. You could have listed out the types of visas for him instead of quoting me.
@Holeesinner I still offer my humble assistance if I can after u have gone thru the US website.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 2:00pm On Nov 08, 2015
thegreengooner:
Chai! LadyGuinivere I didn't know you had been upgraded to Lady Powerful...all hail!
@greengooner tufiakwa!
All power belongs to God. I can never ascribe to myself anything but the mercy of the creator by whose providence I have a little ability to help.And to Him be glory forever.
No make me call u goner o! cheesy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 2:08pm On Nov 08, 2015
Truth4Ever:
Hello everyone, I am new here and would love if I can get some suggestions on my situation.
I have a valied us visa since last year but have not been able to travel due to work and other things.
Last month I got a job and have to leave my current job but I won't start on my new job till next year Feb.
I have decided to go and rest for 2 months in us. My concern now is, if I buy ticket for two months, won't I have issue at poe as I told the vo that I was travelling for vacation last year July but couldn't go because of work load.
The CBP has the right to turn u back if He believes your intentions aren't pure. Not travelling when u said u would is not an issue so long as your visa is valid.Plans change
However , one might be ticked off bya 2 month ticket. My suggestion? Carry supporting document to Validate what u just said. New letter of employment , letter of resignation from old job, I'd card and etc.
And please don't be biting mouth when u de speak. They see that as fright or guilty conscience.
Safe trip
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by thegreengooner(m): 2:09pm On Nov 08, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

@greengooner tufiakwa!
All power belongs to God. I can never ascribe to myself anything but the mercy of the creator by whose providence I have a little ability to help.And to Him be glory forever.
No make me call u goner o! cheesy

If you called me a goner, I would laugh because it would mean upon all your big grammar you no fit spell my moniker grin

However, if you called me a Gooner I would beam with pride! I was only quoting what somebody typed.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by lebbyent: 4:25pm On Nov 08, 2015
Hi all,
I just applied for a US visit visa and my interview is Nov. 30. i applied for a two weeks holiday/visiting visa with my family(wife and son) and i want to know our chances of getting a US visa. I want to know which documents to take along with me to prove that i will be coming back to Nigeria with my family.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by holybimbo: 6:12pm On Nov 08, 2015
I have an 2years family visa. I intend traveling for 2months,my kids are going to be with my parents during Xmas and new year, and my hubby will be very busy. What are my chances at Poe
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by basica7000: 7:00pm On Nov 08, 2015
Yea..lady power...I have no reservation calling u powerful....Your wisdom will not quake....I remember when I applied last year...it was tru your concise advise and the grace of God that made me successful....and was at the U.S. five times this year without hitch all to the glory of God
To your question....she was sponsored by her organization for a conference in May..she was denied.also this last October she was denied.......that's why I deemed it necessary for us to go together for vacation....I wanna apply soon

Thanks ...your brain of wisdom will not joba
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 7:26pm On Nov 08, 2015
basica7000:
Yea..lady power...I have no reservation calling u powerful....Your wisdom will not quake....I remember when I applied last year...it was tru your concise advise and the grace of God that made me successful....and was at the U.S. five times this year without hitch all to the glory of God
To your question....she was sponsored by her organization for a conference in May..she was denied.also this last October she was denied.......that's why I deemed it necessary for us to go together for vacation....I wanna apply soon

Thanks ...your brain of wisdom will not joba
In the name of God. Please no bring curse upon me. Romans 13 : 1 ... For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.
Amen to the Prayer wen u fire my way!
I am simply LadyG the 5 star general or LadyGwyn. cheesy
5 times?! lipsrsealed
Going together for vacay... Cool. Going together to the embassy? No
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by basica7000: 8:34pm On Nov 08, 2015
Noted LADY 7 star general
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by deoladtop: 1:47pm On Nov 09, 2015
Good day all.I need some clarification on these issues please. 1) can I renew my two year visa three months to expiry. 2) I have two years visa which myself and my kids used in may.the visa will expire in Oct 2016 and we intend going for X'mas holiday in December2016.i want to go fot renewal by sept 2016.won't the us embassy raise any objection that I only used the visa once during the two years validity period?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 9:40pm On Nov 09, 2015
@LadyGuinivere IS NOW LADYPOWERFUL... You get mouth my sister... God bless you as you make us happy.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 9:44pm On Nov 09, 2015
Truth4Ever:
To be honest I see no issue here at all.. after all you can stay in the U.S for more than 3 months but less than 6 months at a goal.. Just tell them why you're staying for 2 months and how you will be able to look after yourself. Have fun
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Truth4Ever: 11:15pm On Nov 09, 2015
seyewest:

To be honest I see no issue here at all.. after all you can stay in the U.S for more than 3 months but less than 6 months at a goal.. Just tell them why you're staying for 2 months and how you will be able to look after yourself. Have fun

Really seyewest, I dont know why it should be a problem, but one does not know everything and that why when my friend told me about naira land, I have to come and seek the opinion of experienced people here.
I read what the lady said, I still need more experiences or is there any forum that is meanly on experiences at poe?
God bless

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by adefas: 1:58am On Nov 10, 2015
Please need urgent answer, my visa application did not request for photo upload, I mean digital passport taken. Hope if application submitted no any problems?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 5:40am On Nov 10, 2015
seyewest:
@LadyGuinivere IS NOW LADYPOWERFUL... You get mouth my sister... God bless you as you make us happy.
I cast And bind All of y'all o!
I still remain LadyGwyn o!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 5:55am On Nov 10, 2015
Truth4Ever:

Really seyewest, I dont know why it should be a problem, but one does not know everything and that why when my friend told me about naira land, I have to come and seek the opinion of experienced people here.
I read what the lady said, I still need more experiences or is there any forum that is meanly on experiences at poe?
God bless
Nobody said it was a problem per se bro. Just letting u know that some cbps Can like to overdo. Anyway u look at it, 2 months is a long time. And a reasonable question would be, ah ah what about ur job.
Most times, ppl get a 6 month validity stamp but if u check the last parts of the old thread I think it was lovettett or one other user (not sure) that posted about how a cbp stamped her bro in for 7 days because his story at poe was different from poe.
All I'm saying is-be prepared like a boy scout.
Modified. Went thru Lovettett's post . Her bro was stamped in for jus 5 days because his hotel reservation said 5 days wheras he said he was going to stay for 2 weeks.
These are the sort of gaffes And stories that touch that one advices one to avoid by being prepared
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 6:05am On Nov 10, 2015
adefas:
Please need urgent answer, my visa application did not request for photo upload, I mean digital passport taken. Hope if application submitted no any problems?
No problem.
Carry ur specified size passport picture hard copy along
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by adefas: 8:06am On Nov 10, 2015
Thanks for the respond.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by lebbyent: 9:24am On Nov 10, 2015
i posted a question on this forum on sunday and i hoped i will get a reply or advice.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by keni: 9:45am On Nov 10, 2015
Wholup Wholup agat tell u so-in meeeen

Okay so I went finally went ( after Visa had gathered a year worth of dust), Etihad was okay except for the extremely long journey and lay over at Abu Dhabi, thank God I met Holy Mallam (The comedian) and few other Nigerians we were jisting about state of the nation. I landed in new york feeling invincible and thinking I wont know anybody here alas my Naija ppl had blocked the street of my hotel for a serious Owambe, since hotel will not check me in because I was too early, I just dropped my bag to go and join the owambe, one naija baba even came to give me hand shake saying he sees me around (I laughed Yakata for my mind) me that just landed like one hour ago. I took a evening stroll to time square where protesters came and face off with police. All in all it was a good trip USA is all they told you its not depending on what you are looking for and how you are going about it. Success to you all

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by keni: 9:48am On Nov 10, 2015
more pictures

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by keni: 9:51am On Nov 10, 2015
POE was Abu dhabi and it was not stressfull

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by deoladtop: 4:53pm On Nov 10, 2015
deoladtop:
Good day all.I need some clarification on these issues please. 1) can I renew my two year visa three months to expiry. 2) I have two years visa which myself and my kids used in may.the visa will expire in Oct 2016 and we intend going for X'mas holiday in December2016.i want to go fot renewal by sept 2016.won't the us embassy raise any objection that I only used the visa once during the two years validity period?
please I need someone to help with the issue raised above

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.