Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,781 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:48 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (134) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1531421 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 5:43pm On May 04, 2016
Bobbybenard:
Hello LadyGuinivere, my interview is slated for May 9 . Can I say my purpose of traveling is tourism and family visit ? If question related to why are my travelling to US arise. I'm expecting your swift response
Ok Boss man!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by NaGodwin: 6:36pm On May 04, 2016
He dey pay u salary codedly, Abeg bring tax come grin

LadyGuinivere:

Ok Boss man!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 7:12pm On May 04, 2016
NaGodwin:
He dey pay u salary codedly, Abeg bring tax come grin

Nwanne see me o! undecided
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by jbelos2: 7:30pm On May 04, 2016
Hello @LadyGuinivere .. Is it possible to reschedule an appointment a night before the interview... Awaiting your response.. thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Bobbybenard(m): 9:21pm On May 04, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Ok Boss man!
please don't mind my bolded statement. Ain't mean to display act of pridefulness
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Sjvictor21: 10:48pm On May 04, 2016
Demiyike:

When you checked it at ceac apart from showing issued did it show your visa is at final processing? If it did then it should be at the dhl office you submitted it by tommorw .

Yes it showed that. It has been like that since the 28th of March. I am hoping that it will be ready by tomorrow.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Neroclassic(m): 11:10pm On May 04, 2016
Hi!which bank aside gtbank can I pay for my visa fee?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by dupylola: 11:44pm On May 04, 2016
Good evening house,hubby and I filled the DS 160 form and scheduled interview for May ending for a family vacation. Hubby has a good job while I'm doing biz,av never travelled before and I was denied last year for childbirth. As hubby is the sponsor,do I need any strong ties still?our reasons are genuine,pls,my good peep in the house kindly reply so I can prepare well this time around.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by NaGodwin: 12:44am On May 05, 2016
Nigeria Bank of Change
It's faster and cheaper than GTB, their exchange rate is $1 = #1

Neroclassic:
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 5:51am On May 05, 2016
dupylola:
Good evening house,hubby and I filled the DS 160 form and scheduled interview for May ending for a family vacation. Hubby has a good job while I'm doing biz,av never travelled before and I was denied last year for childbirth. As hubby is the sponsor,do I need any strong ties still? our reasons are genuine,pls,my good peep in the house kindly reply so I can prepare well this time around.
Yes
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 5:52am On May 05, 2016
Bobbybenard:
please don't mind my bolded statement. Ain't mean to display act of pridefulness

Yes. ONe can visit family and sightsee/Tour
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 6:10am On May 05, 2016
jbelos2:
Hello @LadyGuinivere .. Is it possible to reschedule an appointment a night before the interview... Awaiting your response.. thank you
I really don't know. U hav to check from the website nd see if its possible
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Bobbybenard(m): 10:56am On May 05, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Yes. ONe can visit family and sightsee/Tour
Thanks a bunch
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 12:02pm On May 05, 2016
jbelos2:
No it's not possible
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Hilda2016(f): 12:04pm On May 05, 2016
Hi Everyone,
I just came across this post and the VO's reply.
My personal opinion is:
Lets always try give a true account each time we want to share our transcript either "Approved" or "Denied". To help everyone cause they also read Nairaland.

Visa Applicant:

Hello visa officer,i really commend your job in this forum.May God continue to protect you.I was at your abuja embassy on monday for a 9:30am appointment,here is the scenerio that unfold itself between your collegue(at cubicle cool and i
VO: Where is your form i94?
ME: Pardon? (at this time,he was yet to even receive my passport with the confirmation page,i was the one stretching them to him)
VO: Sorry, where is your authorization card,i mean,the card that allow you to work on the aircraft?(at this time,he's handling both my passport and confirmation page)
ME: It's not here with me(although,my ID card is hung on my neck)
VO: Busy typing........
VO: Your qualification?
ME: B.Eng in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
VO: Type a bit,then came up with green paper,sorry you visa cannot be approved this time.......
ME: Thanks!

The bashing i received from my boss when i got back to the office on monday concerning my visa denial is still all over me till now,and i can understand because,my company had paid all the necessary fees for the conference am going for including hotel reservation,that's why am here to ask questions. Pls,what does all i typed above gat to do with my interview?,Since i have my ID card visible with me,which am very sure he sees it,what is the important of my authorization card he's asking from me?, am i there at the embassy for a job interview?He did not bother to even open my ds form using the confirmation bar code before start asking irrelevant questions.Questions that has nothing to do with my mission of going to the USA.I never expected that from him because he's old enough to display such act,he was in cubicle 8 on monday.Pass this to him if you can.Thanks

VO's REPLY:

We're sorry that you had a bad experience, but the reality is that visa applicants often recall events much differently than they occurred (we know this because we read Nairaland transcripts). There is also a significant amount of information that one conveys without even speaking that is not included in your transcript. If you feel that you are truly qualified, then you can re-apply at any time.

That being said,it's unclear why you were travelling to the US, or even under which visa class you were applying under. Each class has a different requirement so make sure you review them carefully before your interview to ensure that you have all of the required paperwork.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kennykolabo: 12:21pm On May 05, 2016
Good day good people.
Please i need your urgent reaponse.

Please i made a mistake while filling my ds160 and i have submitted with appointment booked. Please do i fill a new ds160 and link it to my former confirmation number.

If yes... please how can i as i intend doing it today.
Anticipating your swift response God bless you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 12:46pm On May 05, 2016
kennykolabo:
Good day good people.
Please i need your urgent reaponse.

Please i made a mistake while filling my ds160 and i have submitted with appointment booked. Please do i fill a new ds160 and link it to my former confirmation number.

If yes... please how can i as i intend doing it today.
Anticipating your swift response God bless you
When is your interview?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kennykolabo: 12:48pm On May 05, 2016
seyewest:
When is your interview?
June 1st
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 1:02pm On May 05, 2016
kennykolabo:

June 1st
Okay.. Fill another DS160 Form.. when you're done let me know...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kennykolabo: 1:12pm On May 05, 2016
seyewest:
Okay.. Fill another DS160 Form.. when you're done let me know...
Thanks so much for the swift response.
Done that already jusy dont know what to do next.
I sent you a mail via NL please check.
God bless
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 2:10pm On May 05, 2016
kennykolabo:

God bless
ok
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nicesoul(m): 3:11pm On May 05, 2016
kennykolabo:

God bless

Send them an email. You will need to include the following documents:

1. Scanned copy of biodata of your international passport
2. Scanned copy of visa fee receipt
3. Scanned copy of old/new ds160 form

Hope it helps.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by tembuk(m): 5:00pm On May 05, 2016
31520 IS VISA FEE AS AT 13TH OF APRIL
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Ijomobi(m): 5:07pm On May 05, 2016
good evening gurus in d house.
pls I need ur help about my application.
I want to apply for visiting visa in USA, I av traveled to uae before with tourism. my broda in Nigeria want to sponsor me, This are d documents I av now

passport
police report
my ND certificate
my Broda company certificate
my Broda statement of account 7m
leave letter from where I work (6 weeks)

pls before I book my interview date what are d documents u think I need to add to it? and what is ur advice for me, in other to av a successful interview.
thanks God bless u all.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Osama10(m): 5:54pm On May 05, 2016
smiley
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by dupylola: 10:14pm On May 05, 2016
Thks LadyG for the response,so grateful hubby has been following this thread for sometime now but i'm new on it.He's a senior banking officer while i'm doing biz. We plan traveling with the kids and we both have siblings over there.I don't want to goof when asked questions. What questions am I likely to be asked? I need ur response pls,good peep in the house.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 10:56pm On May 05, 2016
dupylola:
Thks LadyG for the response,so grateful hubby has been following this thread for sometime now but i'm new on it.He's a senior banking officer while i'm doing biz. We plan traveling with the kids and we both have siblings over there.I don't want to goof when asked questions. What questions am I likely to be asked? I need ur response pls,good peep in the house.
I don't tell people likely questions. I always advise folks to research. Read the thread . The transcripts are the likely questions.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 11:12pm On May 05, 2016
Neroclassic:
None
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by DoveGrace: 2:13am On May 06, 2016
Hello everyone. @ladyguinivere...thanks for the other time.

Please I will be attending a training on the 13th of June. The intended date of arrival I put on my ds160 was June 10th. However, cos of the cost of ticket and other reasons, I am working on traveling on 5th of June. That's 5 days before the intended date I stated. Do you think this is ok as I wouldn't like to have issues at the port of entry.

Thanks.....ill appreciate ur response.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 5:27am On May 06, 2016
DoveGrace:
Hello everyone. @ladyguinivere...thanks for the other time.

Please I will be attending a training on the 13th of June. The intended date of arrival I put on my ds160 was June 10th. However, cos of the cost of ticket and other reasons, I am working on traveling on 5th of June. That's 5 days before the intended date I stated. Do you think this is ok as I wouldn't like to have issues at the port of entry.

Thanks.....ill appreciate ur response.
There is always a possibility of 'issues'
Do u have a valid visa? Yes
Will u be asked questions? Most probably
If you have a good reason, then there shouldn't be a problem

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by worry359(m): 6:08am On May 06, 2016
dupylola:

The simple answer.
Speak in a normal conversation voice, not like you have learned a speech in front of a mirror, The VO can tell the difference.
Tell the truth, then you sound natural and can remember what you said. Again the VO is trained to detect lies.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by tpiah01: 6:52am On May 06, 2016
Aimoye lies.

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.