Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,317 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (133) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1534294 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by siina(m): 2:03pm On May 02, 2016
seyewest:
but you're illegal
mrego:

i will be a legit visitor. im not using fake papers bro
you don't intend coming back so you are illegal like seyewest said
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ayobamimoses07: 5:26am On May 03, 2016
i am currently in the US and need some dollar i can exchange for naira. i need approximately $500 and my naija MasterCard ATM isnt responding and the equivalent is in my Naija Bank account which i can easily transfer. pls how can i go about this pls ? thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ririmama: 10:28am On May 03, 2016
Hello Lady G and all,pls my question is a childhood friend of mine is inviting us for her wedding in july,but she's more of my friend than my husband,we planned scheduling an interview with our daughter,so he can also use it on vacation. The problem is husband and I have been denied on seperate application. We both work in a multinational company and our pay is good.pls what is our chances this time around.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 12:13pm On May 03, 2016
ayobamimoses07:
i am currently in the US and need some dollar i can exchange for naira. i need approximately $500 and my naija MasterCard ATM isnt responding and the equivalent is in my Naija Bank account which i can easily transfer. pls how can i go about this pls ? thanks
Send the dollar $ equvialent to someone in Nigeria and let them Western union the dollar to you from First Bank in Nigeria.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by zeezahbee(f): 1:51pm On May 03, 2016
I have a bit issue and I can't seem to figure it out. I invited my dad and my younger brother (he's 10 years). My dad is early 50s. My dad visa was approved nd the VO denied my brother. My dad said the VO just ask if he's married and how many kids he has and his job. No document was asked. The VO didnt ask my brother any question, he didn't even look at his face. Please what could have gone wrong ? Why will he deny a 10 years old boy ? I have read on NL that kids don't get denied just on few occasion but this is really a blow.

I need comments on this please. Advice
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by MamaOO: 3:16pm On May 03, 2016
ayobamimoses07:
Send me a PM. I live in the US but I need naira in Naija.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kennycanny: 4:32pm On May 03, 2016
ririmama:
Hello Lady G and all,pls my question is a childhood friend of mine is inviting us for her wedding in july,but she's more of my friend than my husband,we planned scheduling an interview with our daughter,so he can also use it on vacation. The problem is husband and I have been denied on seperate application. We both work in a multinational company and our pay is good.pls what is our chances this time around.

50/50

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 5:41pm On May 03, 2016

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Ayokunle07(m): 5:54pm On May 03, 2016
Thank you all. Wifey and I were at the embassy for the 7am appointment and we got our visas approved. I shall share the transcript soon.

Once again, I appreciate all the contributors on nairaland for the wealth of information that's been shared here. God bless you all.

Ayokunle07:
Hello guys

I have been keenly following this thread, read through many transcripts, and they've been very insightful. My wife and I have applied to visit the US in August for 3 weeks for our annual vacation. Appointment is next week.

Our destination is New Jersey (Newark) and this is because of its comparatively lower accommodation cost and proximity to New York. We will be hoping to do a lot of sightseeing in New York and perhaps see a little of Newark/New Jersey (as I see there aren't a lot of interesting attractions in New Jersey by itself).

Will I need to reflect my answer to why I am visiting, around New Jersey ONLY or I can state that I'll be seeing New York too? I have booked a hotel for 3 weeks in Newark but I'm considering the possibility of touring other states. Will I need to mention that too?

Our US point of contact is wife's cousin in Chicago whom we do not intend to visit (we just filled her name as our contact person) but she is a legit immigrant (visa lottery I think).

Also, in 2013, I submitted a DS-160 to visit my friend in Idaho but I never booked an appointment (he is a student and I was still single). Will that have any implications on this particular application?

Me and wifey are both bankers, earn a combined sum of about 600 monthly, newly got married in Dec 2015, with the honeymoon in Dubai. No travel history for me except Dubai and Ghana. Wifey has visited the UK twice in 2007 and 2010 as a small geh with her parents (doubt if that will count). Wifey is also into clothing business.

Are there any specific things I'd need to note? Any advice we can get from the good people here?

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 6:06pm On May 03, 2016
zeezahbee:
I have a bit issue and I can't seem to figure it out. I invited my dad and my younger brother (he's 10 years). My dad is early 50s. My dad visa was approved nd the VO denied my brother. My dad said the VO just ask if he's married and how many kids he has and his job. No document was asked. The VO didnt ask my brother any question, he didn't even look at his face. Please what could have gone wrong ? Why will he deny a 10 years old boy ? I have read on NL that kids don't get denied just on few occasion but this is really a blow.

I need comments on this please. Advice
Without having a holistic /total view of the application, the speculations will be off the chart. Maybe the VO didn't believe your brother was your brother and not your son, or he's to be the tie your father has.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by zeezahbee(f): 8:56pm On May 03, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Without having a holistic /total view of the application, the speculations will be off the chart. Maybe the VO didn't believe your brother was your brother and not your son, or he's to be the tie your father has.
my dad actually told the VO he's last baby. they are so identical sef. same face, like as if he vomited him. my dad has a lot of ties. ( business, properties and my mom and my 3 sisters lol) and we are 5 and I am the firSt. can we reapply for him again and dad will like follow. he's the last born and only son and you know how dad always pet last born. na just holiday and go back.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Sjvictor21: 9:45pm On May 03, 2016
Hi house,
I recently came to Nigeria to renew my USA B1/B2 visa all the way from Ukraine through Dropbox. I submitted since two weeks ago and I am yet to hear anything from the embassy or DHL I have called the embassy twice and I was told to wait. Now the issue on ground is, I am supposed to be back to school for my final exams this month and I have to leave Nigeria this week. Is there anyway I can get my passport back from the embassy with or without the visa? Because right now, I'm more than worried. I have been having sleepless nights and so on. Please is there anybody in the house that has had similar experience and please what do you suggest I do best? I have to be out of the country latest by Friday this week. Please help... All candid opinions are welcome. Gracias!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 10:00pm On May 03, 2016
zeezahbee:
my dad actually told the VO he's last baby. they are so identical sef. same face, like as if he vomited him. my dad has a lot of ties. ( business, properties and my mom and my 3 sisters lol) and we are 5 and I am the firSt. can we reapply for him again and dad will like follow. he's the last born and only son and you know how dad always pet last born. na just holiday and go back.
How old is he?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by zeezahbee(f): 10:24pm On May 03, 2016
seyewest:
How old is he?
he's 10 years
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 10:28pm On May 03, 2016
zeezahbee:
he's 10 years
wow.. Where is his mom? and when is the event taking place.. remember he can only travel during the holidays
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by zeezahbee(f): 10:43pm On May 03, 2016
seyewest:
wow.. Where is mom? and when is the event taking place.. remember he can only travel during the holidays
did you read my first post well. there's no event. they are just coming for holiday this summer. plus my mom doesn't have to come with them cause she's busy.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 10:49pm On May 03, 2016
zeezahbee:
did you read my first post well. there's no event. they are just coming for holiday this summer. plus my mom doesn't have to come with them cause she's busy.
I know... Let him reapply and go with letter of consent from school and his mom as well.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by imperiouxx(m): 11:19pm On May 03, 2016
zeezahbee:

Did you invite them for your ocassion or just for summer visiting? Whatever the case may be, you already know that the VO didn't believe the minor is not coming to start life in the US. My advice would be you stating a clear reason you want him to come. Let your dad reapply for him. And yes, he should follow him to the embassy to make the matter clear for them during the interview. Another VO might judge the situation right. Best!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by zeezahbee(f): 1:42am On May 04, 2016
imperiouxx:

Did you invite them for your ocassion or just for summer visiting? Whatever the case may be, you already know that the VO didn't believe the minor is not coming to start life in the US. My advice would be you stating a clear reason you want him to come. Let your dad reapply for him. And yes, he should follow him to the embassy to make the matter clear for them during the interview. Another VO might judge the situation right. Best!

I invited them just for holiday. they will spend 10 days pere, it's just funny that they denied a small boy. I think the option is reapply for him again and dad will follow him. i accept that the VO think the small boy was eloping. today wasn't just a lucky day for him.

anyways how's your classes going ?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 4:42am On May 04, 2016
zeezahbee:

I invited them just for holiday. they will spend 10 days pere, it's just funny that they denied a small boy. I think the option is reapply for him again and dad will follow him. i accept that the VO think the small boy was eloping. today wasn't just a lucky day for him.

anyways how's your classes going ?

This is not an exact science so we shall try different equations.
He applied with una papa and got refused. I assume because they didn't believe the story. Why dosent he reapply with your mom? Same details. Still traveLling with dad. Your mom will just accompany the minor to the embassy.
Reason being, with her details on the system, its less likley you will come and claim him as your son tomorrow cheesy
Your relationship with your father is clear. He's already on your ds 160. That's why his interview was clear and simple.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Demiyike: 8:07am On May 04, 2016
Sjvictor21:
Hi house,
I recently came to Nigeria to renew my USA B1/B2 visa all the way from Ukraine through Dropbox. I submitted since two weeks ago and I am yet to hear anything from the embassy or DHL I have called the embassy twice and I was told to wait. Now the issue on ground is, I am supposed to be back to school for my final exams this month and I have to leave Nigeria this week. Is there anyway I can get my passport back from the embassy with or without the visa? Because right now, I'm more than worried. I have been having sleepless nights and so on. Please is there anybody in the house that has had similar experience and please what do you suggest I do best? I have to be out of the country latest by Friday this week. Please help... All candid opinions are welcome. Gracias!

it take about 15 days now so you should be getting it about now or better still try and track it at ceac.state.gov/ceac for you to have an idea of what stage they are in the process

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by andyjyd(m): 10:05am On May 04, 2016
Which state are you in US? Am in Texas I can help
ayobamimoses07:
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kennycanny: 10:12am On May 04, 2016
zeezahbee:

The most likely reason is that he believe that your dad ll return but he was not sure of your brother.

In general VO used your brother as your dad's tie to Nigeria.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by phemmy26(m): 11:22am On May 04, 2016
kennycanny:

The most likely reason is that he believe that your dad ll return but he was not sure of your brother.

Gbam
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Sjvictor21: 11:55am On May 04, 2016
Demiyike:

it take about 15 days now so you should be getting it about now or better still try and track it at ceac.state.gov/ceac for you to have an idea of what stage they are in the process

I did track it. It showed:

Issued
Application ID or Case Number: AA005WC***
Case Creation Date: 26-Apr-2016
Status Updated Date: 28-Apr-2016

I'm just worried about going back to school for my exams. I was told 4-7 working days. I'm just surprised at the delay.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Sjvictor21: 11:55am On May 04, 2016
Demiyike:

Issued

I'm just worried about going back to school for my exams. I was told 4-7 working days. I'm surprised at the delay.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Demiyike: 12:02pm On May 04, 2016
Sjvictor21:

Issued

I'm just worried about going back to school for my exams. I was told 4-7 working days. I'm surprised at the delay.
Then try tracking it with USA travel docs to know if it is with dhl

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by zeezahbee(f): 1:29pm On May 04, 2016
kennycanny:

yea, I guess as much.
thank you Kenny. he will reapply again.

How's everything? how is your side ?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Bobbybenard(m): 1:31pm On May 04, 2016
Hello LadyGuinivere, my interview is slated for May 9 . Can I say my purpose of traveling is tourism and family visit ? If question related to why are my travelling to US arise. I'm expecting your swift response
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Sjvictor21: 1:55pm On May 04, 2016
[quote author=Demiyike post=45302673][/quote]

I just tracked it at USA Travel Docs and it su your passport is still at the US embassy/Consulate

sad
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Demiyike: 3:32pm On May 04, 2016
Sjvictor21:

I just tracked it at USA Travel Docs and it su your passport is still at the US embassy/Consulate

sad

When you checked it at ceac apart from showing issued did it show your visa is at final processing? If it did then it should be at the dhl office you submitted it by tommorw .

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Iwanawana: 5:03pm On May 04, 2016
jossymama:
I think is #31,200 but try go GTBANK to ask to be sure

31,520 as at today.

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69