Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,475 members, 7,823,106 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (135) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1536807 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Intrepid01(m): 10:16am On May 06, 2016
pls, is there a difference between:

A. Passport/Travel Document Number
B. Passport book Number

which one am I to fill in the number on my passport
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 11:03am On May 06, 2016
Intrepid01:
pls, is there a difference between:

A. Passport/Travel Document Number
B. Passport book Number

which one am I to fill in the number on my passport
Your passport number is written on top right corner of your data page in your international passport. Don't stress your stress.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by henryugo97: 11:49am On May 06, 2016
hi every one have been following this thread for a while now and it has been quite enlightening. my daddy's brother send my dad n mom an invitation letter to US n my mom is busy with her job n she can nt make it cn me her son use dat same invitation letter with my dad since I just finished schooling or cn I edit d invitation letter n put my name will d officer in d embassy dat will interview us know Pls I really need ur reply
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 11:51am On May 06, 2016
henryugo97:
hi every one have been following this thread for a while now and it has been quite enlightening. my daddy's brother send my dad n mom an invitation letter to US n my mom is busy with her job n she can nt make it cn me her son use dat same invitation letter with my dad since I just finished schooling or cn I edit d invitation letter n put my name will d officer in d embassy dat will interview us know Pls I really need ur reply
Why can't he send your own invitation why resort to editing it?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by henryugo97: 12:30pm On May 06, 2016
he is busy n he said no more time because what we are go to d US 4 is about remains 3 weeks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 12:44pm On May 06, 2016
Nah wa oooo..... If you look properly you will see the modify bracket.. Why can't you edit your post instead of wasting the space.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by worry359(m): 1:41pm On May 06, 2016
[quote author=henryugo97 post=45364651][/quote]

An invitation letter means nothing to the visa officer!

The visa officer will assess your application by looking at your strong ties to prove that you will return home after your visit.
And your financial ability to pay for the visit.

Anyway if you want to alter (FAKE!) the invitation letter you are cheating before you even start.
They are trained to spot these things!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 2:40pm On May 06, 2016
henryugo97:
he is busy n he said no more time
because what we are go to d US 4 is about remains 3
weeks.
He is too busy to send an email ? #scepticalface
No more time ? Is the letter coming via nipost? #wideeyes
You are about to go to the US in 3 weeks? Hm indeed #choosethefaceyouwant
Not that the iv letter has any weight sha but dude, if this is the sorta 'story' you will tell at the embassy, then don't waste your visa money
Editing a letter to add your name is forgery. U should know bettert than to ask For advice n if to commit an offence.
If your brother does not want to send u an email it means he does not want u to visit him.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Bobbybenard(m): 3:13pm On May 06, 2016
Good afternoon LadyGuinivere,you've been so helpful on this thread. My intended date of arrival on my DS-160 form is 30th July. Can I change the date to 30th may ?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 3:19pm On May 06, 2016
LadyGuinivere ladyguinivere ladyguinivere ladyguinivere cheesy tongue

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 5:06pm On May 06, 2016
chloe7:
LadyGuinivere ladyguinivere ladyguinivere ladyguinivere cheesy tongue
Yes mommy!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 5:07pm On May 06, 2016
Bobbybenard:
Good afternoon LadyGuinivere,you've been so helpful on this thread. My intended date of arrival on my DS-160 form is 30th July. Can I change the date to 30th may ?
If the form has been submitted, then u haveto fill a fresh form and apply to the embassy. Foor a swap
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 5:43pm On May 06, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Yes mommy!
i'm calling you because because because....... because I miss you cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by coachee1(m): 10:45pm On May 07, 2016
Great people i greet the house
Please i need guide on how to properly present my case during my interview
I got an iv from my brother in law
And im currently a full time university student here in nigeria.

1. Do i present my student status as a tie
2. Is it an advantage or disadvantage for my brother in law who invited me to be footing the whole travel bils
3. Do i need to have any other purpose of travel aside visitation eg. Like student's conference/work shop.
4. I know i'll get the visa but what is the possible length of approved stay if i use my student status as a tie.

One love.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by jbelos2: 10:51pm On May 07, 2016
seyewest:
No it's not possible

Missed the interview,the question now is will I be able to reschedule another appointment without having to pay anoda visa fee?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ayobamimoses07: 12:02am On May 08, 2016
pls can someone still get an interview date btw may 10 and 13th
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ayobamimoses07: 3:01am On May 08, 2016
jbelos2:
Hello @LadyGuinivere .. Is it possible to reschedule an appointment a night before the interview... Awaiting your response.. thank you
No. it has to be 24 hours before your interview
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ririmama: 8:34am On May 08, 2016
Pls house I want to ask about the question on the ds 160 form which asked about belonging to a clan or tribe and also is it necessary to fill secondary school details.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 12:01pm On May 08, 2016
Good morning ppl of God. I just stumbled on this forum precisely 3days ago. In fact I started with the "give birth" forum and decided to port here. I give glory to God for his mercies. My H and I were denied visa 3 months ago. Stories that touch. We were unprepared. I know he was so disappointed, he blames me for our failure because I lied. We discussed the question of pregnancy and if I am bluntly asked at the interview if I should tell them "yes" and he said he told me to say "yes". But I guess I must have forgotten and said "no" because I had been biased that they don't give visa if you are pregnant (a relation who went for the interview and was successful came back and told us that during his interview, all pregnant women present were denied visa). As I didn't have any research whatsoever, I went with that assumption and was nervous and afraid, so I answered "no" when I was asked.

Please o, I have not reapplied, but I want to be corrected, I am ashamed for lying, in fact it's the one thing my H said he hates in a person (see my wahala, there's a silent disapproval anytime that interview comes up in my home) and it was a first time for both of us, no previous travel history, we actually applied for vacation purposes to use this summer period. God knows everything.

So my question is, how do I answer the VO about why I lied about my pregnancy if I do reapply? My H believes that the answer I have in mind is not gud enough, he's just disappointed kowai... Sigh.

Thank you for your feedback and sorry for the lengthy message. Happy Sunday to you all.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 2:02pm On May 08, 2016
Dixya
You were the oone that applied for the visa.
You had your reasons for lying.infact you stated it in your post. So my question is, why are you asking people to tell you what to say?
Will a reason different from what u narrated above not still be a lie?!
The truth no matter how insufficent it seems is always the best answer. Look atit, if u had been told the truth before and still was denied, you wouldn't be looking for a story now that sounds good.
You mentioned God so I assume you know he detests lies. Take your time. Read this thread.like 20 pages or so, I shared a story of a person that said the truth at the next interview and got the visa.
Again, if your purpose is to birth in the US, then you shouldn't be here

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by coachee1(m): 3:17pm On May 08, 2016
coachee1:
Great people i greet the house
Please i need guide on how to properly present my case during my interview
I got an iv from my brother in law
And im currently a full time university student here in nigeria.

1. Do i present my student status as a tie
2. Is it an advantage or disadvantage for my brother in law who invited me to be footing the whole travel bils
3. Do i need to have any other purpose of travel aside visitation eg. Like student's conference/work shop.
4. I know i'll get the visa but what is the possible length of approved stay if i use my student status as a tie.

One love.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LASYEM(m): 10:23pm On May 08, 2016
hello house , i need urgent help. am going for a seminar in Canada and want to use the opportunity to visit the USA through Niagara fall and do a little road trip to Chicago. but my seminar for Canada starts 30/05/16 and i cant get an appointment for early may again. please can anyone help me get an early date appointment with the us embassy for may..
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by tpiah01: 2:21am On May 09, 2016
dont you have to go to the embassy website and fill out an application for a visa?

or how do they do these things nowadays.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 6:08am On May 09, 2016
tpiah01:
dont you have to go to the embassy website and fill out an application for a visa?

or how do they do these things nowadays.
Or call them to help you?
Noo he wants us to gum to the computer day and night and be waiting for a closer date to pop up, then tell him to book it.
That's how Nigerian of these days work

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by MrBellz87(m): 8:17am On May 09, 2016
tpiah01:
Aimoye lies.

Unlimited lies grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 10:58am On May 09, 2016
Ok, so he is not married and needed a tie nd you want to get one for him. Hmm tiri gbosa for you. But LG will reply you, mind you she has no chill.

Hello ma, please I need your help. A brother of mine is coming for a conference next month so he had to fill married in his details in order to have a tie back in Nigeria (he is in his early 30s and isn't married due to personal reasons).

Please what are the credentials he is to take along to prove he is really married. The conference is really going to help him out in his business [/quote]
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ririmama: 11:13am On May 09, 2016
ririmama:
Pls house I want to ask about the question on the ds 160 form which asked about belonging to a clan or tribe and also is it necessary to fill secondary school details.
[color=#006600]reply please
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by epudomij: 12:27pm On May 09, 2016
Hello House, so I went for my visa interview this morning at the US Consulate General Office in Lagos. It is my first time applying to the US and boy have I been nervous since the day I electronically signed my form and scheduled an appointment for my interview. My appointment was for 8am, got there at about 6am (the cab man came so early as if he was the one to be interviewed sef grin). Met quite a lot of people already waiting, touts here and there, pls do not let them scam you. After going through all the security procedures, scanning, merry-go-rounding (hey madam flash drives are not allowed here, internet banking tokens are not allowed here, pls go back outside and drop your items then join the queue again cry) I finally got in, had my passport scanned, biometrics taken and lo & behold i joined the queue to be interviewed. There was this guy at window ** who I was looking at, as he was refusing almost everybody's application, i kept praying silently God pls dnt let me be sent to this guy o kilode. Before I knew it I was called, madam pls step on to window **. I started quoting bible scriptures in my heart grin. He approved the visa of the couple before me, then I stepped forward.

vo: Good morning

me: Good Morning

vo: How are you this morning

me: I'm very well thank you. How are you too?
(No response to my question, instead he said)
vo: Can I have your passport please

vo: why are you travelling to the US?

me: Basically i'm taking some time off work to go on a vacation and I thought it would be great to visit the United States

vo: where are you going in the United States?

me: Newyork

vo: what are your plans?

me: Basically because its a vacation, i'm going to take the first couple of days and rest, thereafter I'll visit some interesting places I've heard about and seen pictures of (he cuts me short here cos I hadn't finished talking)

vo: like where?

me: The Empire State building, The statue of liberty, Bronx Zoo. I'll probably go shopping thereafter (he nods his head)

vo: How long are you staying?

me: 10 days

vo: are you married?

me: yes

vo: do you have any kids?

me: no i don't av kids yet

vo: are you expecting?

me: no i'm not

vo: what do you do?

me: I work for .......... specifically the ............. department of .........................

vo: what is your specific job description?

me: I bla bla bla bla, I am in charge of bla bla bla bla, I also bla bla bla bla.

vo: have you ever travelled outside Nigeria?

me: Yes to the United Kingdom

vo: what did you go to the United Kingdom for?

me: for a vacation in 2014

vo: Just a vacation

me: yes for my vacation

vo: do you have your old passport here? can i see it (i handed it over to him and he checked the page that had my UK visa)

vo: ok madam, your visa has been approved, you may pick up your visa at .......... after ........ working days (I must say at this point everything faded, my spirit had travelled, i didnt hear one word after he said "your visa has been approved" . I just collected the white paper he gave me, said thank you and went into the female rest room where I was just saying thank you Jesus. I composed myself after a few mins and left the premises.

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.