Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (155) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1534270 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bollarcash(m): 10:22am On Jun 01, 2016
Hello house.. pls I need advice
iI made payment for a us embassy Business/tourist visa interview at GTB last week where I was asked to provide a passport and I made the payment with my old passport that expires September 2016. 

The passport doesnt have upto six months validity so I have applied for a renewal. 

I want to ask if while filling my Ds 160 form, should I include the passport number of the new passport I collected? or I should include the passport number of the old passsport that I used to make the payment?

Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 10:32am On Jun 01, 2016
nefertitiram:
In my opinion, if you are married in 9ja or over 21 years, with siblings who are USC or LPR you no longer qualify to be sponsored by your sibling aka 4th Preference.

Sometimes it takes up to 12 years sef before it can get approved so VO's don't usually see y'all as an immigration risk because you can't get immigrant visa via that route, especially from places like Nigeria where there is a high demand for IVs

@LagosNIV pls correct me if I'm wrong. It's the impression I have always had.
Partly correct in my opinion too but it goes beyond that in my thoughts/mindset. You have a US travel experience and you will agree with me that it will be easier to become an ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT in the US after obtaining a non-immigrant visa if you have siblings in the US supporting you on such drive than friends will do for you, not stone cast anyways. VOs will excercise less worries if you had friend(s) in the US than if you had parents or siblings (immediate family out there) that can help you settle in i dare say. This I think may affect your visa application success some bit irrespective of any filing and age thing.
Then and again, slightlymad's views and questions have always been spot on and exciting for me just that this one (the certainty) is a low from her though. Siblings and children do get visas even a few from amongst those that already got an IV application filed for them (maybe these were the categories she wanted to talk of sha) unless your immediate family member in the US played a fast one on the US government to secure residence or citizenship (particularly via NIV to IV transformation route with not staying within the ambits of the NIV terms and conditions as precursor. How could you have come into the US on a B1/B2 for example, refuse to go back home, get married, become a citizen, and now want to invite your sibling? It's in your family blood na, your siblings will almost do just like you! You see the difficulty so created?).
However, the people I know hardly get issued NIVs are spouses of US LPRs and citizens. It's quite difficult for these sets to surmount the intending immigrant assumption hanging on their neck like seriously. They are immigration flight risks and it takes a lot of ties for them to secure NIVs. In fact, they are most times advised point blank to go the IV route, to ask their spouses to petition for them.
Summarily, your ties at and to home have got to be rock solid, that's very key ahead of most other indices.

NB: FOR OUR LAUGHS - SlightlyMad, abeg make you remove that mad from your moniker oh, because as we yarn go, na so our life direction dey do him waka go oh!

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 11:33am On Jun 01, 2016
Convo made me laugh

Slightlymad is female

Secondly her assumptions are based on her experiences
Got a close experience to share that agrees with LagosNIV
IV applied for with LPR and US citizen parents
NIV issued TWICE back to back after IV application was made making total of 3NIVs issued.
IV is yet to be current
So its your ties,travel history, telling the truth and your interview.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kennycanny: 12:07pm On Jun 01, 2016
nefertitiram:
In my opinion, if you are married in 9ja or over 21 years, with siblings who are USC or LPR you no longer qualify to be sponsored by your sibling aka 4th Preference.

Sometimes it takes up to 12 years sef before it can get approved so VO's don't usually see y'all as an immigration risk because you can't get immigrant visa via that route, especially from places like Nigeria where there is a high demand for IVs

you are always qualified to be sponsored for immigrants visa by siblings irrespective of the age and marital status. Its only the time it ll take that is affected by these factors.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ofemj: 12:52pm On Jun 01, 2016
please house on my visa i saw ANNOTATION what dose it mean? and secondly my wife n i would be travelling dis week for my sisters graduation ceremony staying back for 10 days,both shes 3month pregnant my intention is dat she would go bck leta for delivery do we need to notify the embassy?
qick response please
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by geojoe91(m): 1:16pm On Jun 01, 2016
Pls gurus in the house, what went wrong? Was interviewed today at the US embassy in Lagos.

VO: Goodmorning
Me:Morning.

VO: Passport pls
Me: sure.

VO: why are u travelling to the USA
Me: I want to go on holidays.. Want to spend my holidays with my step brother there.

VO: How did he enter the USA?
Me: As a student

VO: oh you are in school. What level?
Me:400L.

Vo: how many days do y I want to spend there?
Me: Just 14 days

Vo: who is sponsoring your trip?
Me: My dad.

Vo: have you travelled for vacation before?
Me: no.

Then the yeye man Said orry you can pls persuade your dad to sponsor you to another country for vacation. You can as well try again later. I just hissed commot his front.

Pls what went wrong? @LadyG @Seyewest.@everyone.

Though, I think is coz I have no travel history.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by babyspice: 1:29pm On Jun 01, 2016
Burn!!! ouch!!

LagosNIV:

Meh, you don't have to take the VO's word for it. I think you can see plainly that many Nigerians with family in the US are granted visas. But if if you want to take this advice and lie to the VOs, understand that this is why you are getting refused and not because you haven't fasted or prayed enough.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ofemj: 1:52pm On Jun 01, 2016
please house on my visa i saw ANNOTATION what dose it mean? and secondly my wife n i would be travelling dis week for my sisters graduation ceremony staying back for 10 days,both shes 3month pregnant my intention is dat she would go bck leta for delivery do we need to notify the embassy?
qick response please[color=#006600][/color]
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 2:22pm On Jun 01, 2016
geojoe91:
Pls gurus in the house, what went wrong? Was interviewed today at the US embassy in Lagos.

Me: I want to go on holidays.. Want to spend my holidays with my step brother there.

Then the yeye man Said orry you can pls persuade your dad to sponsor you to another country for vacation. You can as well try again later. I just hissed commot his front.

Sorry about the refusal. But u actually hissed? Hm. On top another man country? lipsrsealed Shebi u intend to reapply some day?

Anyways see the bolded. I'm guessing he entered as a student and found a way to stay back abi?now you are also a student seeking to travel to the us. Fill the blank spaces.
U already figured the no travel history out

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 2:23pm On Jun 01, 2016
ofemj:
qick response please[color=#006600][/color]
When did you go for the visa interview, before or during the pregnancy? Why do you want to notify the embassy, for what purpose and to what intent? Have you done anything wrong by way of mispresentation? Why the apprehension please?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seangy4konji: 2:31pm On Jun 01, 2016
I hail the house. Hope the day going smoothly.

After paying th visa fees.the next step would b filling the ds-160 form right?and after filling using the confirmation code to get an interview date?

I would love if someone could just give me the basic next step and does it matter if you live in Lagos and get an appointment date in Abuja use to the crowd or lack of appointment date??(I don't think should matter cause people from port harcourt will go to where ever tey want.)

Please clarify on what next to do after payment for a b1/b2 visa.

Thanks and highly appreciated.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jun 01, 2016
seangy4konji:
I hail the house. Hope the day going smoothly.

After paying th visa fees.the next step would b filling the ds-160 form right?and after filling using the confirmation code to get an interview date?

I would love if someone could just give me the basic next step and does it matter if you live in Lagos and get an appointment date in Abuja use to the crowd or lack of appointment date??(I don't think should matter cause people from port harcourt will go to where ever tey want.)

Please clarify on what next to do after payment for a b1/b2 visa.

Thanks and highly appreciated.

Check page 0 of this thread for the steps.

Even the Us embassy website has the steps.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jun 01, 2016
nefertitiram:

Not correct - F4 visas for your siblings don't take into account their age or marital status. In fact, this visa class allows their families to be added to the petition as derivatives.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by slightlyMad(f): 4:38pm On Jun 01, 2016
LagosNIV:

Meh, you don't have to take the VO's word for it. I think you can see plainly that many Nigerians with family in the US are granted visas. But if if you want to take this advice[b] and lie to the VOs[/b], understand that this is why you are getting refused and not because you haven't fasted or prayed enough.

respectfully sir, this is the main issue i have with the way Nigerians are perceived by VOs
There is no reason to lie, no reason.

YES! Majority of Nigerian are eager and desperate to see America.
some here say VOs can see the desperation, oh please! we are desperate, even when we act cool. doubt it, see their reactions when they step outside the embassy building.
it is america we are talking about not ghana.

mehn! take pictures, see how things work there, put on location service showing you are somewhere in NY, USA and those peeps who think USA is just for them can see that God pass them, come back home and be able to say America? i have been there, done that.

for those assuming this is about me, Nope
i actually offer advises to people who want to travel to USA, I do this for free and i get lots of referrals these days because of the high success rate,
I don't fill forms for them, i dont recommend they fill false information as i tell them how terribly this can affect their visa journeys,
i predict their chances of getting a visa based on what i know about them.
and most times, they thank me for it when they get it or even get denied.
I DONT charge for it.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by yomisley: 5:52pm On Jun 01, 2016
but i have submit my ds-160 and it's just 6days i fill on the form...
seyewest:
@Yomisley 10days is okay I actually spent just 10 days before returning to Nigeria.. I miss eba and ewedu seriously grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 5:57pm On Jun 01, 2016
@slightlyMad In short you're an agent but a good one abi? grin grin grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bollarcash(m): 6:09pm On Jun 01, 2016
bollarcash:
iI made payment for a us embassy Business/tourist visa interview at GTB last week where I was asked to provide a passport and I made the payment with my old passport that expires September 2016. 

The passport doesnt have upto six months validity so I have applied for a renewal. 

I want to ask if while filling my Ds 160 form, should I include the passport number of the new passport I collected? or I should include the passport number of the old passsport that I used to make the payment?

Thank you

pls house can I get a response to my enquiry?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 6:16pm On Jun 01, 2016
geojoe91:

Actually I think the V.O is trying to help you by suggesting you travel to other countries first before coming back to apply... Can you try few countries in Europe and maybe South Africa.. Build your travel history and also you need more ties apart from dad sponsoring you. Lastly the HISS is part of your U.S NIV Application now and you have to deal with it, You have no reason to be rude especially if you're planning to apply again.
By the way How old are you bro?

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jun 01, 2016
bollarcash:

Thank you

What was the rush
Why pay with a different passport number from the passport you will fill on your ds160 form.

You didn't need to pay prior to filling the form.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 6:32pm On Jun 01, 2016
bollarcash:

pls house can I get a response to my enquiry?
You must use the passport with more than 6 month validity on it...meaning use the new passport.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 6:47pm On Jun 01, 2016
salsera:

What was the rush
Why pay with a different passport number from the passport you will fill on your ds160 form.

You didn't need to pay prior to filling the form.
I believe it's no big deal....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seangy4konji: 8:05pm On Jun 01, 2016
Thanks very straight forward. Da. 160 next. Well detailed.
salsera:

Check page 0 of this thread for the steps.

Even the Us embassy website has the steps.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by NwaTeacher1: 8:55pm On Jun 01, 2016
Plz house, an agent is pursuading me to pay 300k for two years American visiting visa. Can American embassy here issue a two years visiting visa to a 35yrs man?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jun 01, 2016
I was at the Usa consulate today and i'm highly dissapointed in my self beside i don't think i can ever forgive myself,it will always be very difficult for introverts to get usa visa unlike extroverts who stand 90% chance of getting approved
I was a legitimate applicant,just wanted to visit the US for sight seen and i have been to several countries esp uk like 40 times in 15years
I got there today and my heart started beating very fast as if my life depends on it,infact i was shaken like a bird standing on a rope
I must say it's very easy to get this visa if you are extrovert as those who are very vocal were all approved
I was denied but i have myself to blame
It's very wrong not to check document of applicants,not all of us are vocal
I will e-mail them to vent my anger
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 9:11pm On Jun 01, 2016
NwaTeacher1:
Plz house, an agent is pursuading me to pay 300k for two years American visiting visa. Can American embassy here issue a two years visiting visa to a 35yrs man?
300ke? When you can pay your ifa priest with a basket of tomatoes and 20 liters of fuel and he'll teleport you direct to the US?
In fact the lagos niv vo dey this thread. Send him/her the tomato sef

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 9:21pm On Jun 01, 2016
anjigirl:
I was at the Usa consulate today and i'm highly dissapointed in my self beside i don't think i can ever forgive myself,it will always be very difficult for introverts to get usa visa unlike extroverts who stand 90% chance of getting approved
I was a legitimate applicant,just wanted to visit the US for sight seen and i have been to several countries esp uk like 40 times in 15years
I got there today and my heart started beating very fast as if my life depends on it,infact i was shaken like a bird standing on a rope
I must say it's very easy to get this visa if you are extrovert as those who are very vocal were all approved
I was denied but i have myself to blame
It's very wrong not to check document of applicants,not all of us are vocal
I will e-mail them to vent my anger
Sorry to hear about what happened but I will like to correct one thing...
1) Being an Extrovert does not guarantee you visa
I know you're under a lot of pressure/tension probably because this is your first time of facing a U.S Visa officer for interview or probably this is your first time talking to someone with a different skin color but since you've be to UK several time I know you must have interacted with white people and I wonder why you are shaking because another white man/woman is about to interview you. I will like you to get yourself together and apply again in the next 6 months and get it right.
I believe you're above 40yrs so it shouldn't be hard for you to correct the problem.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 9:39pm On Jun 01, 2016
NwaTeacher1:
Haaaa.... You get money be that.... If they can issue visa for pregnant woman why not you.... Just go and come back that's the deal they will sign with you as per NIV
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by cookiejar99(f): 9:53pm On Jun 01, 2016
Anjigirl pls post ur transcript for us
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by geojoe91(m): 12:14am On Jun 02, 2016
seyewest:
Actually I think the V.O is trying to help you by suggesting you travel to other countries first before coming back to apply... Can you try few countries in Europe and maybe South Africa.. Build your travel history and also you need more ties apart from dad sponsoring you. Lastly the HISS is part of your U.S NIV Application now and you have to deal with it, You have no reason to be rude especially if you're planning to apply again.
By the way How old are you bro?

Thanks bro. I didn't hiss in his presence. It was just exaggeration. Just smiled and went out. My age? I will pm you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by pclevercheta: 1:38am On Jun 02, 2016
please house, i need your advise or suggestion on this. my wife was at the US Visa office today and this is what transpired and she was refused visa.

She: Good morning
VO: Good Morning,your passport
She: passed the passport
VO: Where are visiting?
She: Baltimore Maryland
VO: What are u going for?..typing
She:To assist my sick Aunt back to Nigeria.
VO: are your married? still typing
She: yes, with 3kids. looked at her a bit and continued typing with no visible expression
Vo: Do u work?
She: yes
VO:Where?
She:xxxxxxxxx Enterprises.(At this point the VO stopped typing, concentrates on the computer looked at her as if that does not tally with what is in the system,her countenance changed instantly.

VO: sorry you are not qualified for a US Visa.

House i remember that the agent assisting her entered a false job for her and submitted.when she came back and told us we rejected that and asked the agent to retrieve the form if possible. That he did and entered the correct job and resubmitted.

My question: Is it possible the vO used the initial application with the false employment record, While my wife was quoting the corrected version?
pls help what should we do in the next application because. she is the person that takes care of the woman here since she retired and relocated to nigeria from US.Her son that used to travel with her to see her doctors in the US died in N.Y. in march and this other son of hers' who is now inviting my wife, her cousin is so busy with work, that he wants my wife to take up the responsibility of his late brother, but to be operating from Nigeria.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by cookiejar99(f): 1:52am On Jun 02, 2016
I think you are supposd to call the us embassy and have your profile updated to the new information..i guess you didnt call and the info dint tally..enlighten us please
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by pclevercheta: 2:06am On Jun 02, 2016
I did not call because, we didn't know that is the procedure. We were depending on the agents lead. in fact that is why i was happy when i discovered this forum today. i need informed advise pls

(1) (2) (3) ... (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87