Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,798 members, 7,817,305 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:53 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (194) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1534286 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by vickero: 5:42am On Jul 19, 2016
@simababe.I have not been to the embassy yet.I couldn't go yesterday was very busy,the lady that called explained she is not always available on Tuesdays.So wouldn't be able to go today,buh will do during the week.Will update the house when I do.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by eneyedan(m): 6:30am On Jul 19, 2016
Please what will happen if I can't make it to the embassy on the stipulated day of interview and put into consideration I have rescheduled twice before now? What is the best action to take? Urgent response please
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by worry359(m): 6:55am On Jul 19, 2016
eneyedan:
Please what will happen if I can't make it to the embassy on the stipulated day of interview and put into consideration[b] I have rescheduled twice before now[/b]? What is the best action to take? Urgent response please

Simple
You will loose your money and have to pay again.
They will only allow so much messing about.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Bass450: 7:50am On Jul 19, 2016
Us visa fee 46,400k
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 7:56am On Jul 19, 2016
eneyedan:
Please what will happen if I can't make it to the embassy on the stipulated day of interview and put into consideration I have rescheduled twice before now? What is the best action to take? Urgent response please
I know people that have issues at the embassy and can't go in have their reciepts opened.
However I don't know if that option is available when u don't have an issue.
Don't depend on advice given here. Call in and get the official response
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by eneyedan(m): 8:29am On Jul 19, 2016
@LadyGuinivere I called and the man that picked the phone told me me to email which I just did
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 9:26am On Jul 19, 2016
eneyedan:
@LadyGuinivere I called and the man that picked the phone told me me to email which I just did
Better.
Start chasing the black goat in the morning thru the proper channel
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by AZUH: 10:11am On Jul 19, 2016
@lady I am not holding anything against you . You're doing a great job . But nothing like fake company ' and I won't advice anyone to forge company certificate . I have forgotten the young man but I remember he is into business . So I adviced him to register his business n use it as a strong tie . If he goes the other way round . My hand nor dey Biko .

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Bass450: 11:00am On Jul 19, 2016
Hello i just want to me clear where i was wrong on my interview on the 15 july Abuja.
Transcript
Vo- Gud morning?
Me-Gud morning
Vo-Where and why are you going in the state?
Me-NYC, going for a short vacation and i also have some attractions i will be visiting..
Vo- Where would you be visiting?
Me- Will be going to the ---- Stadium to watch a bball game and i will be visiting the empire state building. stature of liberty and probably go do some shopping.. Pls note before answering this very question i was shocked and was searching for the word.
Vo- are you married?
Me- Yes
vo- Kids?
Me-yes a boy
Vo- What do you do sir?
Me- I work with ---- Automobile Company
Vo- Have you travel before?
Me- yes, Have been to Dubai, kenya, Malaysia and some west african countries..
Vo- What did you go to do in Malaysia?
Me- To do business, i went to buy furniture.
Then he typed for like a minute and issue a white paper that did not gave a clear reason for the refusal.

Well, am not sure but i felt it was my body language from the second question i was asked since it was my first time, pls house i need suggestion as i would be reapplying this time and am thinking going with my wife and not with our baby or should i reapply alone.
I fair suggestion would be highly appreciated. Thanks....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by steve4ever: 11:16am On Jul 19, 2016
my mum just got her visa approved oooooooooo. at lagos embazy .....!!!! transcript later pls.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by amalab30(m): 11:36am On Jul 19, 2016
steve4ever:
my mum just got her visa approved oooooooooo. at lagos embazy
.....!!!! transcript later pls.

Send transcript now jorr as e dey hot. No chill abeg.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Heyofrizzle(m): 12:00pm On Jul 19, 2016
steve4ever:
my mum just got her visa approved oooooooooo. at lagos embazy
.....!!!! transcript later pls.

Dem dey always give oldies wella.......u didn't abscond when you were young so its when you are old you want to disappear in the states, I feel its on that ground the mostly give oldies, just lyk my mom in February, the transcript was so funny when she narrated.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Bass450: 12:08pm On Jul 19, 2016
Hello i just want to me clear where i was wrong on my interview on the 15 july Abuja.
Transcript
Vo- Gud morning?
Me-Gud morning
Me-NYC, going for a short vacation and i also have some attractions i will be visiting..
Me- Will be going to the ---- Stadium to watch a bball game and i will be visiting the empire state building. stature of liberty and probably go do some shopping.. Pls note before answering this very question i was shocked and was searching for the word.
Vo- are you married?
Me- Yes
vo- Kids?
Me-yes a boy
Vo- What do you do sir?
Then he typed for like a minute and issue a white paper that did not gave a clear reason for the refusal.

Well, am not sure but i felt it was my body language from the second question i was asked since it was my first time, pls house i need suggestion as i would be reapplying this time and am thinking going with my wife and not with our baby or should i reapply alone.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by 9jaStar: 12:32pm On Jul 19, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

I thank God 9jastar replied you before I did
I don't understand you either.
Did u understand either his post or mine?
Did he say he was the one that got a visa?
Did he mention a fake company or taxes?
I fear for Nigeria o! Reading comprehension no dey school again?
Ngwanu 9jastar biko enjoy your friend's visa! I no hol' you o! grin

Yes ma.
Make I start to plan well well
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Heyofrizzle(m): 1:26pm On Jul 19, 2016
Bass450:
Transcript
Vo- Gud morning?
Me-Gud morning
Vo- are you married?
Me- Yes
vo- Kids?
Me-yes a boy
Vo- What do you do sir?

1) I guess been nervous earned you that.
2) You are married and u av a kid and you are going for a vacation? Am sorry to say this I thought vacation was meant for family, that is if u are married.....while single you can also claim the vac, but it's not right leaving the rest of your family at home and you are applying except they have the B1/B2 before you went.
3) Have you travelled before? Just give a yes or no and let her do the asking where and when if she wants to know.
You played right into her hands when you gave a list of country you've been.

Well! If you wanna reapply I advise you go with your whole family since you are married and you have a kid.

I stand to be corrected o! That is what I feel tho.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Bass450: 1:36pm On Jul 19, 2016
I appreciate Heyofrizzle.
But does it mean i cant reapply alone for Xmas holiday cause my wife would be very busy that period and my boy is just still very young so i cant see to his needs over there?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Heyofrizzle(m): 1:44pm On Jul 19, 2016
Bass450:
I appreciate Heyofrizzle.
But does it mean i cant reapply alone for Xmas holiday cause my wife would be very busy that period and my boy is just still very young so i cant see to his needs over there?

You welcome sire! I can beat my chest to say you will be denied "AGAIN".
If you want to go for Xmas holiday u still have to go with your wife and kid, they can have the visa and they don't get to travel with you. But you reapplying again, brother! My guts tells me you are seeking for a greener pasture and later you call for your family to join you.......#VO.

So dis is my little advice; just go with them and if you are not that buoyant to pay for the visa fees, that might cause you a pause because they have your previous DS-160.........
@LadyG where u at nau, don't leave me to this brother give him more stipulated help.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Bass450: 2:23pm On Jul 19, 2016
Many thanks Heyofrizzle for your input so far but am still confused here, so if am going with my wife I will have to pay for both visa fees or just mine and then include her as someone travelling with me.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 2:37pm On Jul 19, 2016
Heyofrizzle:

You welcome sire! I can beat my chest to say you will be denied "AGAIN".
If you want to go for Xmas holiday u still have to go with your wife and kid, they can have the visa and they don't get to travel with you. But you reapplying again, brother! My guts tells me you are seeking for a greener pasture and later you call for your family to join you.......#VO.

So dis is my little advice; just go with them and if you are not that buoyant to pay for the visa fees, that might cause you a pause because they have your previous DS-160.........
@LadyG where u at nau, don't leave me to this brother give him more stipulated help.
Nwanne I didn't comment cos I didn't see anything to comment on from the transcript alone. Only the vo knows what he saw or didn't see from the ds 160. As for travelling with family, it is not a must. I got my first visa aas a married woman for vacation without family.
All I can say is he should give it real time before reapplying. Let there be a change in his circumstance
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by jordanese: 3:06pm On Jul 19, 2016
Me and my family interview was yesterday, 13th of July.

Vo: morning, may I have your passports

We: GM, I gave him our passports including my first Daughter Passport who already has USA visa through my parents.

Vo: where are u going

Me: Orlando FL

Vo: How long will you be staying

Me:10 days

Vo: What do for a living

Me: I'm into Auto mobile

Vo: Where do you buy Cars from

Me: USA

Vo: How do u buy cars from the USA when you haven't been there

Me: My company is registered with Auction

Vo: Can I have the documents bol

Me: I gave him about 100 papers.

Vo: Can you tell me about your biz

Me: I told him

Vo: Where did you say u are going in the US again

Vo: To my wife. What do u do for a living

My Wife: I'm a trader and I sell baby diaper

Vo: How many Kids do you have

My wife: 2

Me: 2 kids

After typing for a while, he brought out a white paper and said that he will contact me to bring back my passport and that he want to do administrative processing. Then he returned our passport to us.

Then I receive a call today that i should come and pick up my documents meaning refusal.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jul 19, 2016
Heyofrizzle:
3) Have you travelled before? Just give a yes or no and let her do the asking where and when if she wants to know.
You played right into her hands when you gave a list of country you've been.

If you want to annoy the VOs, yes, do this.
If you know that the next question is going to be where you traveled, don't waste the VO's time and breath. Provide accurate and complete answers to the questions that are being asked.

7 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Bass450: 3:47pm On Jul 19, 2016
@ Jordanese Was it a 214b white paper refusal that was issued to you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Ademat7(m): 3:48pm On Jul 19, 2016
jordanese:
Me and my family interview was yesterday, 13th of July.

Vo: morning, may I have your passports

We: GM, I gave him our passports including my first Daughter Passport who already has USA visa through my parents.

Vo: where are u going

Vo: How long will you be staying

Me:10 days

Vo: What do for a living

Me: I'm into Auto mobile

Vo: Where do you buy Cars from

Me: USA

Vo: How do u buy cars from the USA when you haven't been there

Me: My company is registered with Auction

Vo: Can I have the documents bol

Me: I gave him about 100 papers.

Vo: Can you tell me about your biz

Me: I told him

Vo: Where did you say u are going in the US again

Vo: To my wife. What do u do for a living

My Wife: I'm a trader and I sell baby diaper

Vo: How many Kids do you have

My wife: 2

Me: 2 kids

After typing for a while, he brought out a white paper and said that he will contact me to bring back my passport and that he want to do administrative processing. Then he returned our passport to us.

Then I receive a call today that i should come and pick up my documents meaning refusal.
wow! so touching, don't let it weigh u down
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by jordanese: 4:10pm On Jul 19, 2016
Bass450:
@ Jordanese Was it a 214b white paper refusal that was issued to you.

Bass, I was giving a white paper which the VO thick Administrative processing. The call said i should come and pick up my documents any Monday or Wednesday. I will lkeep you posted when i collect my documents.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 5:36pm On Jul 19, 2016
Jordanese you were asked to come pick your documents. They didn't say if you wee refused or not. Soo calm down until you gerrit.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mamateniola1: 10:58pm On Jul 19, 2016
I hail everyone in the house! How every?

Bass450, why not wait a while! Vacation at a particular time is not a must. Someone advised you go with your family if you r sure it's vacation, you still want to appear alone in December, again for vacation? Haba!!! Even though there is no rule saying you shld not vacation alone but wait a while and allow yur circumstances to improve significantly before you apply. #justmyopinion.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 11:37pm On Jul 19, 2016
@Jordanese bros take it easy everything shouldn't be negative in this naija hard time... Hold your passport they may need it for the visa sticker. Be positive.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by yungokus: 4:44am On Jul 20, 2016
Bass450:
Transcript
Vo- Gud morning?
Me-Gud morning
Vo- are you married?
Me- Yes
vo- Kids?
Me-yes a boy
Vo- What do you do sir?

I am not a guru in this but if i was the VO i will suspect u....... you work for a automobile company.... and u went to malaysia to buy furniture(when did automobile company start dealing with furnitures?)... u said u went to do business, is it for your company or your personal business?... everything sounds contradicting!.... All d best sir

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Heyofrizzle(m): 7:43am On Jul 20, 2016
yungokus:

I am not a guru in this but if i was the VO i will suspect u....... you work for a automobile company.... and u went to malaysia to buy furniture(when did automobile company start dealing with furnitures?)... u said u went to do business, is it for your company or your personal business?... everything sounds contradicting!.... All d best sir
Hmmmm! Gracious God, I didn't even see that......seems there's an iota of contradiction grin truly as you've said.
Guess that was why he was denied.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 7:46am On Jul 20, 2016
LagosNIV:

If you want to annoy the VOs, yes, do this.
If you know that the next question is going to be where you traveled, don't waste the VO's time and breath. Provide accurate and complete answers to the questions that are being asked.

Thank you o, you just took the words out of my mouth

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Bass450: 7:51am On Jul 20, 2016
Pls oh, my trip to Malaysia was 3 years ago right before I started working with my company and it was for personal use! That's why I need to attend another interview to explain better if asked.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by jordanese: 8:19am On Jul 20, 2016
Bass450, this is the email i got from US consulate.

Dear Mr. Igudboe,

After the interview and a thorough review of the application, you were unable to present credible evidence of sufficient socioeconomic ties to Nigeria that would compel you to return to Nigeria after a short stay in the United States. The interviewing officer determined that you did not overcome the statutory presumption of intending immigration and was therefore refused under section 214(b) of the Immigration and Nationality act.

Please note that applicants for US non-immigrant visas are required to overcome the assumption that they are intending immigrants. In order to do so, they must prove sufficiently strong ties to their home country.

Individual refusals under Section 214(b) cannot be appealed or overturned, but they are not permanent. You are welcome to reapply through our website at http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng if you believe that your circumstances have changed or you are able to present additional, compelling evidence of their socioeconomic ties to Nigeria or their reason for travel to the United States. Please note that Consular Officers are not required to review all documentation you present, and that as the applicant, you alone have the responsibility to establish your eligibility for the visa.

We hope this information is useful to you.

Sincerely,

cid:image001.gif@01CF57EF.0B4BC8F0
Visa Unit
US CONSULATE GENERAL
LAGOS, NIGERIA

(1) (2) (3) ... (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.