Stats: 3,152,828 members, 7,817,422 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:56 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (250) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1534329 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Benjamite01: 7:09am On Oct 20, 2016
Goodmorning,I am very Happy To Share my Transcript here, Because i promised to do so, i have really Benefited from others people transcript. Got my Visa Approved at the 5th Attempt. Thanks to the God Almighty.

VO: Goodmoring pls pass your passport.?

ME: Morning Ma, and i did as she said

VO: Where are you going in usa?

ME: DALLAS TEXAS

VO: FOR WHAT PURPOSE?

ME: I AM GOING FOR A CONFERENCE

VO: WHAT IS THE CONFERENCE ABOUT?

ME: I EXPLAIN TO HER IN DETAILS

VO: How do you know about the Conference:

ME: I said its a Yearly Conference and my company usually send a staff to attend the conference.

VO: And she said. Hmmmmmm ok.? Have u Travel out before?

ME: Yes, and i listed those countries, France, South Africa, Dubai, Italy, Kenya and Netherlands

VO: Are u Married and how many kids do i have?

ME: I told him i am Married with a Kid.

VO: Finally Ask what did my WIFE does for work?

ME: I just give her a simple answer, She a House wife.

VO: Pick up your Visa on Thursday.

ME: Thanks

NB: I dont believe is as easy as this ooo .I keep calm. thinking maybe i am in the Dream. waiting to wake up. This is my 5th Attempt and 3rd time within a Year. You need to Keep Fighting until u Win. Your Testimony is Next in Jesus Name. Amen

21 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Solo84(m): 7:15am On Oct 20, 2016
Benjamite01:
Goodmorning,I am very Happy To Share my Transcript here, Because i promised to do so, i have really Benefited from others people transcript. Got my Visa Approved at the 5th Attempt. Thanks to the God Almighty.

Congrats bro...

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 7:38am On Oct 20, 2016
captainugo:
Pls lady G and my people I want to pay for the visa today,will I be given date before my travel date which is on 29th of November..Pls help me so I don't waste money..will they give me appointment before 26th of November
I do not work at the embassy so I don't know the available dates.
But here's something. U can actually log on to the US embassy website and check available for Nigeria.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 7:41am On Oct 20, 2016
Solo84:

Congrats bro...
Chai. So u quoted a long post for a one liner...u can easily mention him in a post sha. So the thread dosent just get filled with long quotes.

Congrats Benjamite. Safe trip. And be a good ambassador of Naija
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 8:25am On Oct 20, 2016
Hello all, please whats the current US visa fee... Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by captainugo: 8:26am On Oct 20, 2016
Thanks @lady G. Please can i book the appointment first and then fill the the application form because the first available date is on 22 November and I don't want to miss it..
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by sabitous(f): 8:31am On Oct 20, 2016
Pls I need an advice. I was denied US visa September 26th 2016. Now my fiance want me to come over in December 2016 for a visit and to arrange our wedding plans. Initially I applied as a married woman cos I have not met my fiance den and was convinced that its mainly given to married people. Pls what do u think I should do though I have explained everything to him and he said no problem.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 9:19am On Oct 20, 2016
sabitous:
Pls I need an advice. I was denied US visa September 26th 2016. Now my fiance want me to come over in December 2016 for a visit and to arrange our wedding plans. Initially I applied as a married woman cos I have not met my fiance den and was convinced that its mainly given to married people. Pls what do u think I should do though I have explained everything to him and he said no problem.
Maaa. Sorry o! I do not understand your question. Are yoy asking for marriage advice? That one dey you and your fiance hand.
Or for visa advice? Are you married or not? Did u misrepresent the ist time? If yes, then that is the cross you have to carry. I.e to convince the vo that you are a genuine applicant now, which from your post, you aren't. Cos u have no intentions of returning.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by worry359(m): 9:21am On Oct 20, 2016
sabitous:
Pls I need an advice. I was denied US visa September 26th 2016. Now my fiance want me to come over in December 2016 for a visit and to arrange our wedding plans. Initially I applied as a married woman cos I have not met my fiance den and was convinced that its mainly given to married people. Pls what do u think I should do though I have explained everything to him and he said[b] no problem.[/b]

Sorry but you have a BIG PROBLEM.
It is on record now and forever that you stated married.
If you apply as single then they will see your fraud.

If you apply again now as single they will see your lie and could give you a long ban.
This is why we tell people to be truthful, your lie will now come back and bite you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 9:41am On Oct 20, 2016
captainugo:
Thanks @lady G. Please can i book the appointment first and then fill the the application form because the first available date is on 22 November and I don't want to miss it..
I always advice people NOT to. Cos that's the main cause of being sent back. Its better to use a day, fill the form, go thru it. Print it. Review it next day. Make any neccessaty corrections and submit before getting a date.
One or 2 days delay is better than a badly filled form or a refusal based on an error or a refusal to enter the embassy.
#myopinion
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by amanonymous(m): 10:34am On Oct 20, 2016
Congrats
Benjamite01:
ME: I said its a Yearly Conference and my company usually send a staff to attend the conference.
ME: Yes, and i listed those countries, France, South Africa, Dubai, Italy, Kenya and Netherlands
NB: I dont believe is as easy as this ooo .I keep calm. thinking maybe i am in the Dream. waiting to wake up. This is my 5th Attempt and 3rd time within a Year. You need to Keep Fighting until u Win. Your Testimony is Next in Jesus Name. Amen
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 11:02am On Oct 20, 2016
Good Morning

Please i need a very good advice on this forum, girlfriend is a citizen of america but mexican by birth, going through divorce which will last for the next 2 month, She want me to come meet her in mexico but is it possible to go with her back to the states if i go to mexico when the divorced is finally approved,pls anyone who has answer and good advice should help pls.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by otedola1(m): 11:27am On Oct 20, 2016
Amen, congratulation
Benjamite01:

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ekpotek: 11:37am On Oct 20, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Yes. If one has an account and they check and see suspicious inflows, it would raise an issue. So kindly review the complete story of the person that gisted u. None of the people I know that have US accounts have had issues either at poe or renewal.

The truth remains that for as long as it is not illegal to open an account anywhere in the world, one can do so. Its freedom of choice. I can even decide to open a US account just to flaunt the ATM card, its my choice and perfectly legal.
They also benefit from it. Imagine one saving and leaving his money in a US account? That's the funds they trade with.
My only ish with with op is that his question ought to have been BEFORE he opened the account. Nigerians are in a habit of doing stuff without considering the legal ramifications then asking 'will I have any issues' later.

I totally agree with LG. it is perfectly legal to have a US based account. All that is required is your 2 years visa and a US contact address. In this period of FX restriction by Nigerian bank and suspension on the use of their ATM aboard. An offshore account is the only remedy unless you want to carry large cash on you. The OP need not to worry about his Dropbox VISA renewal. He has not violated any US immigration law. Beside there is no question on the DS160 that request to know if you have a US account or not.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Blizzle(m): 11:39am On Oct 20, 2016
So here's my interview story. I stumbled on this thread about 2 weeks ago and I'm grateful to all the contributors here cos you all prepared me for the interview.

I assessed my application based on the info here and I realised the merits n demerits of my application.

DEMERITS
1. Single
2. Low income

MERITS
1. Employed
2. Travel history.

Here's the transcript

VO: Why are you going to the US?
ME: Holiday, Vacation.

VO: Where are you going to?
ME: New Jersey.

VO: Why New Jersey?
ME: Because I have an uncle there who is willing to accommodate me and be my tour guide.

VO: What do you do?
ME: I work with (I name the federal agency and state what we do). I am an IT analyst.

VO: Have you travelled before?
ME: Yes I have been to the UK and Republic of Ireland.

VO: Can I see your previous passport?
ME: (hands him the passport and he flips thru it o verify the UK and Ireland visas).

VO: Your visa has been approved (Hands me the white paper) pls pick your passport at the designated center in three days.
ME: Thank you.

I believe travel history won it for me. Thanking God and I sincerely appreciate everyone that contributes free of charge here too. Daalu

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ethnicgirl: 11:40am On Oct 20, 2016
DMeanMan:
Getting the US Visa obviously isn't the most difficult thing (now I know). I think it has to do a lot with purposefulness and confidence.

I am a 20 something, single (without kids), Virgin passport holder and still got approved. I did my homework though.....read well over 300 pages of US Visa threads her on Nairaland.

My Transcript

I was interviewed by a guy...probably in his late twenties or so. I think he manned Window 3.

ME: Good Morning

VO: Your Passport please

ME: There you go.

VO: Where are you going?

ME: Texas

VO: Why are you going to Texas

ME: For a 2 Weeks training on Selective Electroplating with Sifco ASC

VO: Selective what?

ME: Selective Electroplating, It is technology that is used to repair and enhance machine parts and components.

Me: I'm an Electroplating Engineer, I operate Electroplating machine to repair machine parts.

VO: Have you travelled before

ME: Nope (while shaking my head in disagreement), although I just graduated from the University.

VO: What did you study?

ME: Mechanical Engineering

VO: Which school

ME: Ladoke Akintola University of Technology

VO: Okay, your Visa has been approved.......he hands me the White paper and ask me to pick up my visa on Thursday.

Everything happened so fast.
I naturally tend to speak fast especially when tensed and that helped a lot (or so I think). I didn't take a pause to answer any of the questions. He asked, I answered.

I'll narrate my police harassment experience later.

My transcript wouldn't be complete if I don't say a Big Thank you to all the selfless people here on this thread (especially LadyGuinivere kiss and SeyeWest). I literally knew all that I needed, had a graphical understanding of what to expect, and walked right through the whole process.

Thank you guys kiss.

I can relate to this.i got my visa last month too.am single and in my early 20's.virgin passport also

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 11:47am On Oct 20, 2016
asapkudi:
Good Morning

Please i need a very good advice on this forum, girlfriend is a citizen of america but mexican by birth, going through divorce which will last for the next 2 month, She want me to come meet her in mexico but is it possible to go with her back to the states if i go to mexico when the divorced is finally approved,pls anyone who has answer and good advice should help pls.
You can only get into the US if you have a visa.
Do u have a visa? If the answer is No, then ask yourself if you have ties to get a visa? My answer is hinged upon the fact that this is the visit visa thread so that's the advice we give here.
If u want to know the process for getting a visit visa, u can check the embassy website or the very ist page of this thread for the link
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ekpotek: 1:08pm On Oct 20, 2016
Blizzle:
So here's my interview story. I stumbled on this thread about 2 weeks ago and I'm grateful to all the contributors here cos you all prepared me for the interview.

I assessed my application based on the info here and I realised the merits n demerits of my application.

DEMERITS
1. Single
2. Low income

MERITS
1. Employed
2. Travel history.

Here's the transcript

ME: Because I have an uncle there who is willing to accommodate me and be my tour guide.

ME: I work with (I name the federal agency and state what we do). I am an IT analyst.

ME: (hands him the passport and he flips thru it o verify the UK and Ireland visas).

VO: Your visa has been approved (Hands me the white paper) pls pick your passport at the designated center in three days.

I believe travel history won it for me. Thanking God and I sincerely appreciate everyone that contributes free of charge here too. Daalu

Congrats. Yes I agreed that your travel history did the magic. And don't forget the content of your DS160 form also played a major role. Enjoy your trip.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ekpotek: 1:12pm On Oct 20, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Do u have a visa? If the answer is No, then ask yourself if you have ties to get a visa? My answer is hinged upon the fact that this is the visit visa thread so that's the advice we give here.
If u want to know the process for getting a visit visa, u can check the embassy website or the very ist page of this thread for the link
Obviously the OP clearly has immigration intention and seeking advise on how to cross the Mexican border into USA. He advise his Mexican girlfriend to come down to Nigeria to marry him and file in a spouse petition for him.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by maddock(m): 1:32pm On Oct 20, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

I always advice people NOT to. Cos that's the main cause of being sent back. Its better to use a day, fill the form, go thru it. Print it. Review it next day. Make any neccessaty corrections and submit before getting a date.
One or 2 days delay is better than a badly filled form or a refusal based on an error or a refusal to enter the embassy.
#myopinion

Lady G he can actually do that if he is a Lil smart. All he need do is create d DS Form and use the same number to get an appointment. He can always come back and complete the form whenever you likes and submit. But like I said if he is smart oo.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 1:36pm On Oct 20, 2016
ekpotek:

Obviously the OP clearly has immigration intention and seeking advise on how to cross the Mexican border into USA. He advise his Mexican girlfriend to come down to Nigeria to marry him and file in a spouse petition for him.
Yeah I know. But I have decided to be following the corner corner questions with the str8 answers. This is the visit thread and we give advice for that visa. As he no ask the kweshun direct, I no answer am direct cheesy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 1:38pm On Oct 20, 2016
maddock:

Lady G he can actually do that if he is a Lil smart. All he need do is create d DS Form and use the same number to get an appointment. He can always come back and complete the form whenever you likes and submit. But like I said if he is smart oo.
Yeah I know its possible. Hence my statement ' I advice people not to'
In my opinion, I prefer to do my stuff first one before two before 3. But that's me. Old fashioned...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by worry359(m): 1:43pm On Oct 20, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Yeah I know its possible. Hence my statement ' I advice people not to'
In my opinion, I prefer to do my stuff n one before two before 3. But that's me. Old fashioned...

Yes good planning.

We see so many
"Somebody should help me"
I spelled my own name wrong
or
I got my own date of birth wrong!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ekpotek: 1:52pm On Oct 20, 2016
maddock:

Yes possible but very dangerous and the OP is most likely to dash US embassy free visa money as DS Form number changes each time you retrieve your form unless saved in a particular way. The OP should follow LG advise.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 4:02pm On Oct 20, 2016
Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen.Please I need your candid advice on this issue I have thinking about.Theres this important conference that I will love to attend in New York.It will take place in February 2017.The conference fee is 250 Dollars and it's not refundable.Please is it advisable for me to pay the conference fee and continue to book an appointment with the embassy?Conference registration is non refundable.Thanks very much and am anticipating your replies
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 4:13pm On Oct 20, 2016
sabitous:
Since he's your fiance let him come to Nigeria to do the needful and file for you if your aim is to move to U.S but let me tell you this that you've misrepresented before will come back to haunt you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Attraction: 5:24pm On Oct 20, 2016
Please if I pay and schedule appointment over the weekend, will I get a date in November please?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 5:28pm On Oct 20, 2016
ekpotek:

Yes thats what i thought but the last time we see again in dubai, she spent about 4 to 5 days to recover from the traveling distance stress so its not advise able, Is there any help she can be to me if i decided to apply for visiting USA visa in 9ja incase i decide to go there...Pls advise.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Attraction: 5:29pm On Oct 20, 2016
Blizzle:

DEMERITS
1. Single
2. Low income

MERITS
1. Employed
2. Travel history.

Here's the transcript

God I claim this kind of blessing. Can I say if asked why New York? Because I have a friend who is willing to accommodate me and be my tour guide? My salary is 234k monthly I know it's pretty small. I really will love a Christmas in New York.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 5:32pm On Oct 20, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Is there any help she can be to me if i decided to apply for visiting USA instead of Mexico visa in 9ja incase i decide to go there...Pls advise.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by worry359(m): 5:42pm On Oct 20, 2016
TalliusCeciro:
Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen.Please I need your candid advice on this issue I have thinking about.Theres this important conference that I will love to attend in New York.It will take place in February 2017.The conference fee is 250 Dollars and it's not refundable.Please is it advisable for me to pay the conference fee and continue to book an appointment with the embassy?Conference registration is non refundable.Thanks very much and am anticipating your replies

FIRST look at your own circumstances. (We do not know them.)
Do you have very strong ties to prove that you will return home?
Letter from employer, family, property?
Are your finances healthy?
If both apply then try for the visa.
Can you afford to loose the conference fee and visa fee?

Only you can answer this.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ekpotek: 6:18pm On Oct 20, 2016
TalliusCeciro:

My advise. Paying the conference fee will not add any advantage to your visa application. So don't throw away you money. Work on your home ties instead. You can alway pay the conference fee when you get your visa.

(1) (2) (3) ... (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86