Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,935 members, 7,817,727 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:05 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (327) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1534657 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by HelenaEdwin: 5:11pm On Feb 20, 2017
seyewest:
Skyscanner will take you to the airline site except you choose to use an agent site which means you must pay with a dollar enable card... Try Travelstart or wakanow because it will be easier for you to use Nigeria local card for instant payment.

Travelstart is so high and wakanow is even the worst

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 9:03pm On Feb 20, 2017
HelenaEdwin:

Travelstart is so high and wakanow is even the worst
You should calculate those foreign site with N510 not N315 tell me which one is high or low.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by barnaby04(m): 10:28pm On Feb 20, 2017
Hello house,

Have been wondering of late the cause of the drastic drop in transcripts in this our noble house and I begin to ask myself, are people no longer travelling or visiting the US Embassy ni or is it that this recession and fear of losing 54,400 within a twinkle of an eye has made people to slow down on their travelling to the states? Abi the fear of President Donald Trump and all these his gragra EO's on immigration don scare our people from going to uncle Sam's country?

I was checking out interview dates some days back and guess what, you need to see how very close dates were just springing up as first earliest dates like calls girls in a competition for suitors. Some were just three days away from the day of checking at the Almighty US Embassy in Lagos that a times, the closest date you could find for lagos will definitely be a month apart from when you were checking! It was then that I realised the reason why transcripts no longer fly left, right and centre so often here again.

Biko my people, we need your transcripts here so as to keep the ministry of this Nobel house moving.

God bless and grant all visa applicants unmerited divine favour in their visa interviews.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by TWoods(m): 12:06am On Feb 21, 2017
barnaby04:
Hello house,

Have been wondering of late the cause of the drastic drop in transcripts in this our noble house and I begin to ask myself, are people no longer travelling or visiting the US Embassy ni or is it that this recession and fear of losing 54,400 within a twinkle of an eye has made people to slow down on their travelling to the states? Abi the fear of President Donald Trump and all these his gragra EO's on immigration don scare our people from going to uncle Sam's country?

I was checking out interview dates some days back and guess what, you need to see how very close dates were just springing up as first earliest dates like calls girls in a competition for suitors. Some were just three days away from the day of checking at the Almighty US Embassy in Lagos that a times, the closest date you could find for lagos will definitely be a month apart from when you were checking! It was then that I realised the reason why transcripts no longer fly left, right and centre so often here again.

Biko my people, we need your transcripts here so as to keep the ministry of this Nobel house moving.

G[b]od bless and grant all visa applicants unmerited divine favour[/b] in their visa interviews.

I'm not quite clear where God said he was in the business of granting people "unmerited favor" for a visa. What is "unmerited favor"? Granting you a visa even when you are clearly not qualified for it or when you knowingly present false documents or lie at a visa interview?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by cheldas: 12:17am On Feb 21, 2017
seyewest:

I'm not a madam I'm a man and also saying you're spamming the thread is not an insult.. I understand you want people to answer your question as soon as possible but you've posted the same questions more than once that is spamming and I have no reason to insult you.. Hope we are clear on this issue sir.

Appreciate you guys for your wonderful jobs well done.
My next post will be testimony.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by TWoods(m): 12:28am On Feb 21, 2017
cheldas:

Thanks.

Can someone please define what a "testimony" is?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Burger01(m): 1:33am On Feb 21, 2017
cheldas:

Thanks.
Abeg speed up. We are waiting for that testimony. Don't mind Twoods cheesy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 5:40am On Feb 21, 2017
I think more people will get visa's especially as Donald Trump is taking illegal immigration very seriously (the idea would be that, you won't want to stay back, with the knowledge that the Feds are coming for you). He has already passed an executive order to deport all illegal immigrants, regardless of criminal acts or not. But then again, who wants to lose 54,400 naira in this regime of sai change. grin grin grin

barnaby04:
Hello house,

God bless and grant all visa applicants unmerited divine favour in their visa interviews.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 7:02am On Feb 21, 2017
TWoods:

I'm not quite clear where God said he was in the business of granting people "unmerited favor" for a visa. What is "unmerited favor"? Granting you a visa even when you are clearly not qualified for it or when you knowingly present false documents or lie at a visa interview?
Chai! Will you marry me? grin . Ewooo! I'm already married.
Don't even bother with this religious argument because they won't gerrit. That's how somebody will lie and say she wore. Fake engagement ring to the interview then cap the transcript with 'it was all God'
Which one ? shocked ...of thunder?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 7:06am On Feb 21, 2017
Burger01:
Abeg speed up. We are waiting for that testimony. Don't mind Twoods cheesy
Bia! Bread n akara man cheesy
If u say nansense against my new sweetheart I'll remove the akara in your bread grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Lekanade273: 7:06am On Feb 21, 2017
In the spirit of not applying . I have booked appointment for wify and kids in April .

Awaiting the day with hope of been successful.

Please help review their proposed transcript

Wiffy ; morning

Vo: morning

V.o: Where are u going:

WIFFY .Texas.

V.o Purpose;

Wiffy : Vacation and family visit

V.O : What do u do

Wiffy: banker and job function

V.o : how much do u earn

Wiffy ; 375

Vo ; how long have u been working

Wiffy.; 7years

Vo.: are you married

Wiffy : yes

V.o : have u travelled before

Wiffy, yes , name to where and where

V.o : why is he not travelling with u

Wiffy, : due to office project and being the head of dept he won't be available to make the trip.

Vo. How long will u be away.

Wiffy . 3weeks

Vo. Do u have family in the USA

Wiffy : yes , my sis inlaw

V.o : is she married

Wiffy , yes with 3kids

V.o : how did she get there

Wiffy,: through marriage here in Nigeria and the husband filed for her from here.

Vo. How much do u have for this trip.

Wiffy. 3million ( statement to prove is with them if vo needs it)

V.o Where do u intend to visit in atlanta

Wiffy; : planning to visit disneyland in Florida with my kids and sis inlaw family and also Coca-Cola, atlanta zoo/ museum and CNN and other sight seeing places if time permit. And all that the depends on today's outcome.

Vo. Visa granted( hoping for it)

Wiffy : thank you.

Everything is nothing but the truth.

Pls u can ask any question that I didn't remember to write.

Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by TWoods(m): 7:24am On Feb 21, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

Chai! Will you marry me? grin . Ewooo! I'm already married.
Don't even bother with this religious argument because they won't gerrit. That's how somebody will lie and say she wore. Fake engagement ring to the interview then cap the transcript with 'it was all God'
Which one ? shocked ...of thunder?

shocked shocked grin grin grin "It was God" indeed. Shebi it was miss gifty (of bbNaija fame) who posted an instagram message today and ended it with "Its just God"... na god of thunder indeed.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by TWoods(m): 7:26am On Feb 21, 2017
Lekanade273:
In the spirit of not applying . I have booked appointment for wify and kids in April .

Wiffy ; morning

WIFFY .Texas.

V.o Purpose;

Wiffy ; 375

Wiffy.; 7years

Wiffy, : due to office project and being the head of dept he won't be available to make the trip.

Wiffy . 3weeks

Wiffy , yes with 3kids

Wiffy,: through marriage here in Nigeria and the husband filed for her from here.

Wiffy; : planning to visit disneyland in Florida with my kids and sis inlaw family and also Coca-Cola, atlanta zoo/ museum and CNN and other sight seeing places if time permit. And all that the depends on today's outcome.

Thanks

Don't memorize an answer... simply go there and tell the truth. Simple.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 8:19am On Feb 21, 2017
[quote author=Lekanade273 post=53908189]In the spirit of not applying . I have booked appointment for wify and kids in April .

Wiffy ; morning

WIFFY .Texas.

V.o Purpose;

Wiffy ; 375

Wiffy.; 7years

Wiffy . 3weeks

Wiffy , yes with 3kids

Thanks

Sorry I am new here but I follow the thread, if I was the Visa Officer, I would refuse your visa.
The reason for this is, you stated that you are going to Texas, so how did you end up in Orlando Florida? How does Texas correlate with Disney Land. Texas and Miami are both different states.
Visa Officers, would reject your visa knowing you plan to tour other states, if you put you are going to Newyork, then stick to mentioning the tourist attractions in newyork. Don't go and jump and talk about visiting Colorado, when you stated you are going to Newyork.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 8:27am On Feb 21, 2017
@lekanade273. You have positive answers to the very important questions. The burden of proof is on you to prove your employment, work experience and family ties which I believe is strong enough from your transcript. Give details answer to questions and focus explaining your intent in visiting the US and you'll get the visa.

Wiffy ; 375

Wiffy.; 7years

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 8:39am On Feb 21, 2017
@Mstiitii. I disagree with you. @lekanade273 can visit all 50 States if he has the wherewithal. I can decide to visit family in Texas, Take the kids to Orlando Florida and also visit friends in Alaska. Your USD will speak for you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by HelenaEdwin: 8:43am On Feb 21, 2017
seyewest:
You should calculate those foreign site with N510 not N315 tell me which one is high or low.

They are not even using the 510 as you said because an airline likr lufthansa is 2780 dollars i.e for 2 which 510 will 1.417.800 so for 1 erson it should be seven hundred and smthing. What i am seeing is 1.9m smthing for 2. Question is what exchange rate are the using?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 9:02am On Feb 21, 2017
FrontPageLawyer:
@Mstiitii. I disagree with you. @lekanade273 can visit all 50 States if he has the wherewithal. I can decide to visit family in Texas, Take the kids to Orlando Florida and also visit friends in Alaska. Your USD will speak for you.

LOOOOL. If I am correct, i didn't say he could not visit other states when he gets the visa. We are currently talking about the 'Visa Interview',and if you put you are going to Texas and end up saying you would go to Florida. They would be confused. This is because the address you put on your Ds-160 form must be reachable at all times in case there is an emergency. The Visa Officers rarely check account statements and how much you have saved , so what's their business with the amount of your dollars you have. They just want to be sure you are legit and not going to start jumping everywhere because you have a visa. When you get your visa, obviously you can visit all the states you want to. But during your INTERVIEW stick to the tourist attractions in Texas, such as the popular amusement park called Six Flags and other places and leave Florida out of it, because you stated clearly you would be VISITING Texas.
It's like stating on your DS form that your going to newyork, your visa gets approved and you then fly straight to Houston Texas. At the POE, the CBP would question you on why, you lied on your DS form and flew to houston not Newyork. This are the mistakes we make at times and we end up getting returned back to nigeria.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by BestChoiceTutor(m): 9:09am On Feb 21, 2017
TWoods:

Well, unmerited favour is needed anyway! Have read about people with the right document and still were denied. Its possible one has the right qualification for a job but may not get and instead someone who isn't up to you gets it.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 9:10am On Feb 21, 2017
FrontPageLawyer:

I had to do an appearance at the embassy last 2 weeks because I hadn't travelled to the US in 2 years (I got my visa by God's grace). The lady infront of me was denied because the Visa officer used a tactic, the transcript goes like this,

VO: your passport please

Woman: she passes it

VO: so why are you going to Texas

Woman: I would love to visit tourist attractions and see Family

VO: what tourist attractions?

Woman: *started mentioning Disney land, and Statue of Liberty*

VO: looking confused

He ended up denying her visa application because she stated she was going to Newyork not Texas on her Ds-160 form. And he started the conversation by trying to de-rail her, which she didn't catch on too quickly.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by babbs45: 9:37am On Feb 21, 2017
MsTiitii:

I had to do an appearance at the embassy last 2 weeks because I hadn't travelled to the US in 2 years (I got my visa by God's grace). The lady infront of me was denied because the Visa officer used a tactic, the transcript goes like this

Dude, there's nothing wrong with the OP, visiting the SIL in Texas first before the two families travel to Disney in Orlando. Totally fine.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 10:28am On Feb 21, 2017
babbs45:

Dude, there's nothing wrong with the OP, visiting the SIL in Texas first before the two families travel to Disney in Orlando. Totally fine.

It seems you are not 'understanding' my point. When you get your VISA, if you decide to visit all the states, then it's Fine but during the interview,be watchful how you answer questions and talk because your replies lead to another round of questions. If I say I am going to newyork and then input, I would also be going to florida, another round of questions concerning my intentions for Florida would start. What if the VO asked, 'apart from Disney land, what other tourist attractions are in florida', you would now be stranded and confused. it's always better to stick to one place, you can talk about so well, than start digging a pit for yourself.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 10:51am On Feb 21, 2017
I apologise in advance for the major derailing from the theme of this forum.

God has given everyone freewill. You maybe over-qualified for a visa and not get it, you might not be qualified for a visa and get it.

These things are trivial things (visa application), tell me more about the "unmerited favour of God" when one survives a disease that the best doctors say is incurable, or an accident that no one was meant to survive.

There are countries, where a US Visa interview is just a formality.

I believe in the unmerited favour of God, but I know He grants it in more important matters, than a visa to visit a country, whose citizens made sacrifices in the past to make their future better.

In Christianity, satan is also known as the "god of this world", so when the fraudsters and liars, say "it is all god" or "it is god"...we should know its not the God in heaven but the "god of this world", the father of lies, that they are thanking.

Now that's off my chest. i wish all honest applicants, success in their interviews.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 11:43am On Feb 21, 2017
FrontPageLawyer:
Exactly. @Mstiti you can visit America to tour the whole country. If that's his plan, then that's his plan. If he can afford it whoop du dee for him
Purpose of trip always remain secondary to ties and the financial werewithal
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 11:46am On Feb 21, 2017
MsTiitii:

I had to do an appearance at the embassy last 2 weeks because I hadn't travelled to the US in 2 years (I got my visa by God's grace). The lady infront of me was denied because the Visa officer used a tactic, the transcript goes like this,

VO: your passport please

Woman: she passes it

VO: so why are you going to Texas

Woman: I would love to visit tourist attractions and see Family

VO: what tourist attractions?

Woman: *started mentioning Disney land, and Statue of Liberty*

VO: looking confused

He ended up denying her visa application because she stated she was going to Newyork not Texas on her Ds-160 form. And he started the conversation by trying to de-rail her, which she didn't catch on too quickly.
In this woman's case, clearly she no know wetin she wan go do there....
Lack of research. Totally deserved to be refused
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Lekanade273: 12:05pm On Feb 21, 2017
[quote author=MsTiitii post=53910008][/quote]. @ Miss Titiii, my family intends 2 visit my sis and her family and also go 2 disney. Imagine a 5years old in disneyland, the child will never forget the experience. All my sibling kids have been there with them .

All our response is no cramming, embassy can contact the bank and my travel history will reflect the trips . Thank you for your comment.

Hopefully they get it and if otherwise they will go else where. Life is all about trying . V.o won't bring visa to my home if I don't apply.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 12:47pm On Feb 21, 2017
Lekanade273:
. @ Miss Titiii, my family intends 2 visit my sis and her family and also go 2 disney. Imagine a 5years old in disneyland, the child will never forget the experience. All my sibling kids have been there with them .

All our response is no cramming, embassy can contact the bank and my travel history will reflect the trips . Thank you for your comment.

Hopefully they get it and if otherwise they will go else where. Life is all about trying . V.o won't bring visa to my home if I don't apply.

Awww! They will get it in Jesus name! Seriously rooting for you guys!!!!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Burger01(m): 4:43pm On Feb 21, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

Bia! Bread n akara man cheesy
If u say nansense against my new sweetheart I'll remove the akara in your bread grin
Ya better shine your eyes with that ya new found sweetheart. He fit be gbomogbomo oh cheesy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by shotuns: 4:52pm On Feb 21, 2017
I strongly agreed with Ms Tiitii, she made a valid point, during the interview stick to all information you provide in your DS-160 form, you might be asked the same question at the POE...if you going to Texas , stick with Texas and its nice places of attractions. If you have more dollar, you could reach other places if you wish but stick to your first destination..Many had this kind of experience and regretted. Be truthful and yield to advise from experience.

Lekanade273:
. @ Miss Titiii, my family intends 2 visit my sis and her family and also go 2 disney. Imagine a 5years old in disneyland, the child will never forget the experience. All my sibling kids have been there with them .

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Burger01(m): 4:52pm On Feb 21, 2017
TWoods:

shocked shocked grin grin grin "It was God" indeed. Shebi it was miss gifty (of bbNaija fame) who posted an instagram message today and ended it with "Its just God"... na god of thunder indeed.
Lol. Abeg, you get beef with God ni? cheesy

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Burger01(m): 5:09pm On Feb 21, 2017
You can visit anywhere and any place in America as long you mentioned or stated thoses places in your DS-160 form. You get into complicated issues when you decided to mention places not declared in the form. Well, that's just my take. smiley

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 6:23pm On Feb 21, 2017
Good evening my nairaland people.. I was at the embassy today to cheer up a friend who had is interview this morning 9 am. Oh boy too manybpeople were denied in between the hours of 7 to 11am even mh friend was denied because did not have strong ties. The visa interview goes thus..

Vo: Can you pass ne your passport please
my friend did.:
VO: Why are you traveling to america?
MF: I'm attending a conference
Vo: where?
MF: Miami Florida
Vo: What's the conference all about?
MF: Bla bla bla
Vo: Where do you work?
MF: bla bla bla
Vo: What do you do?
MF: I'm an accountant
VO: Have you traveled before?
MF: No
VO: what's your salary?
MF: 400k monthly
VO: How hold are you?
MF: I am 29yrs old "going to be 30 next month" he helped him to complete it.
Vo: Are you single
MF: Yes i'm single
He keeps typing and typing and says im sorry you need to build your strong ties. You can reapply anytime and he keeps looking at him with a pitty eyes.

My nigga is reapplying soonest and this time around loaded with what he has but did not add to his application...
He is still doing is MBA though on his thesis deffence and also planing to get married April 29 but he did not fill it on the form. The conference is starting 17th of march and he is to attend the confference because the confference report is going to be used for his promotion to a Zonal Manager of the company. plesase house add your suggestion on what my guy should do.. Everybody's opinion is highly welcome

(1) (2) (3) ... (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.