Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,951 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:11 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (351) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1532231 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 10:21am On Mar 20, 2017
nefertitiram:

You work for a travel agency yet you have only been to Ghana? You want to tour university that you are not attending?
Purpose of trip - X
Travel history -X

You really do not qualify for a visa at this time
abi oooo from that interview he seems not ready.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 10:28am On Mar 20, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

Lol.
Which languages do you speak?
As for clan? Do you have any clan you know of? Most of us no longer associate ourselves with our clans. I'm of the opinion that that section applies to folks (like native americans and others) that still live in communes and have an active clan. I don't believe that section applies to you unless you and your people are still living in your village and running things clan style grin
That clan/tribe column can decide if you will get visa or not..
A person with muslim name throughout and said is clan is Yoruba I believe will have better chance than someone with muslim name and said his clan is Kanuri or fulani and lives in Borno..and has visited Pakistan for example.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 10:28am On Mar 20, 2017
desrie:

Please while filling the employment part of DS 160,there is no space to fill in how long I have been in my present place of work.Is there any way that could be ascertained aside during interview

"How long have you been working there?"

If the VO needs to know, they will ask.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 10:30am On Mar 20, 2017
julius99:
Hello Guys, Thanks for all the wonderful job you're doing.

My friend is applying for B1B2 visa and His Brother is paying for the Trip.

The Brother lives in Dubai, is there any document that should be provided like statement of account?
The embassy won't ask for bank statement but if that will make him feel better than he can take one with him.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ladylco: 10:36am On Mar 20, 2017
America001:
wanna share my interview experience at the US Embassy in Lagos on Friday.

Me: good morning
Vo: morning
Me: how is work today?
Vo: fine. can I have your passport?
Me: sure (passes passport)
Vo: why do you wanna go to the US?
Me: I wanna go for a tour of so so so University in NC. I also wanna attend a walk-in information and group session at the College of Business and Economics of the University.

Vo: what do you do?
Me: I'm a marketer for a travel and Tours company

Vo: You work for a Travel Agency?
Me: Ya
Vo: Have you travelled outside Nigeria before?
Me: Yes. I've been to Ghana.
Vo: Are you married?
Me: No I'm not. I've aged parents I take care of.
Vo: Why must you make this trip at this time?
Me: It's a reward by my employers for my loyalty and also for the clients I've brought in to do business with the company.
Vo: Well at this time you are not qualified for bla bla bla...... print blue paper give me

The whole interview no pass one minute. IMO those guys make a decision on your application before you show up

If am a VO, i would not grant you visa at all as your profile is not convincing enough. "Me: I wanna go for a tour of so so so University in NC. I also wanna attend a walk-in information and group session at the College of Business and Economics of the University. "

The above is a redflag as a potential illegal immigrant.

You have not displayed any convincing facts that you intend tom attend the school not has the capacity to finance the programme.

Try a more convincing purpose for visit and build stronger tie.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by cheldas: 11:45am On Mar 20, 2017
MsTiitii:

There are some hotels on booking.com, that offer free cancellations. Have you checked for that?

Yes, this same hotel offers free cancellation as well. pls what for you suggest?
thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 11:59am On Mar 20, 2017
No document required. Fill the for honestly, that's all you need to do. And also explain why you are not able to pay for the trip yourself, at the interview.

julius99:
Hello Guys, Thanks for all the wonderful job you're doing.

My friend is applying for B1B2 visa and His Brother is paying for the Trip.

The Brother lives in Dubai, is there any document that should be provided like statement of account?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 12:09pm On Mar 20, 2017
1. Why do you have to be physically present in the US, when you can go for a virtual tour of the University online, or get the brochure online.
2. What's the relevance of information and group session at...College of Business and Economics of the University, to a marketer of a travel agency?
3. As a marketer of a travel agency, you didn't go deep into why you are irreplaceable to your organization.
4. You were only asked if you were married, adding you have aged parents you take care of, was an attempt getting sympathy from the VO?
5. Your answer to why "Why must you make this trip at this time?" sounds all too common

America001:
wanna share my interview experience at the US Embassy in Lagos on Friday.

Me: good morning
Vo: morning
Me: how is work today?
Vo: fine. can I have your passport?
Me: sure (passes passport)
Vo: why do you wanna go to the US?
Me: I wanna go for a tour of so so so University in NC. I also wanna attend a walk-in information and group session at the College of Business and Economics of the University.
Vo: what do you do?
Me: I'm a marketer for a travel and Tours company
Vo: You work for a Travel Agency?
Me: Ya
Vo: Have you travelled outside Nigeria before?
Me: Yes. I've been to Ghana.
Vo: Are you married?
Me: No I'm not. I've aged parents I take care of.
Vo: Why must you make this trip at this time?
Me: It's a reward by my employers for my loyalty and also for the clients I've brought in to do business with the company.
Vo: Well at this time you are not qualified for bla bla bla...... print blue paper give me

The whole interview no pass one minute. IMO those guys make a decision on your application before you show up
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by getostar: 12:49pm On Mar 20, 2017
my pipu, i need confirmation pls.
is it true one must have a transit visa if one is passing through the UK to the US, where the layover is over 1hour.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Beehandz(m): 1:19pm On Mar 20, 2017
No since ur stop over is just 1hr plus
getostar:
is it true one must have a transit visa if one is passing through the UK to the US, where the layover is over 1hour.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Beehandz(m): 1:43pm On Mar 20, 2017
Good Day Gurus in the House.

I made a mistake wen filling wify's ds160 form with her month of birth and duration of stay. i was able to retrieve the application and corrected d mistakes. Now, she has to confirmation doc (the wrong month & correct)

Am aware she's to go with the 2 (wrong & corrcect) confirmation BUT her appointment letter is carrying the wrong confirmation no.

Are we to send a mail ahead to d embassy notifying them or what. Biko, Interview is on Thursday
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by getostar: 2:41pm On Mar 20, 2017
Beehandz:
No since ur stop over is just 1hr plus

lemme rephrase:

would u need a transit visa where your layover in the UK is 23+hrs.
the travel agency insists that where ur layover is more than an hour, you require a transit visa.

can someone reconfirm this?

cc. Seyewest, LadyG
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 3:08pm On Mar 20, 2017
getostar:

lemme rephrase:

would u need a transit visa where your layover in the UK is 23+hrs.
the travel agency insists that where ur layover is more than an hour, you require a transit visa.

can someone reconfirm this?

cc. Seyewest, LadyG

You don't need a transit visa if you're flying BA or Virgin Atlantic to your destination
You don't need a transit visa if you will be in the airport waiting for the next flight
You don't need a transit visa if your flight is taking off from the same airport you flew into e.g Heathrow
You don't need a transit visa if your connecting flight is under 24hrs.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by getostar: 3:36pm On Mar 20, 2017
seyewest:

You don't need a transit visa if you're flying BA or Virgin Atlantic to your destination
You don't need a transit visa if you will be in the airport waiting for the next flight
You don't need a transit visa if your flight is taking off from the same airport you flew into e.g Heathrow
You don't need a transit visa if your connecting flight is under 24hrs.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Chuchunana: 3:51pm On Mar 20, 2017
INFO URGENTLY NEEDED

Please guys has dropbox been cancelled completely?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 4:20pm On Mar 20, 2017
getostar:

The question is, which airline are you going on? If it stops and tkes off from heathrow, no visa needed. If it stops at heathrow and takes off from gatwick, then you need a visa. That would be Virgin, had that ish with them one time.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by getostar: 4:34pm On Mar 20, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

The question is, which airline are you going on? If it stops and tkes off from heathrow, no visa needed. If it stops at heathrow and takes off from gatwick, then you need a visa. That would be Virgin, had that ish with them one time.

Virgin. the flight lands and departs from heathrow.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by PHOOMI(f): 4:47pm On Mar 20, 2017
From Ojota, take a yellow/traditional taxi to VI (Victoria Island), Walter Carrington Crescent, or you can take any other cab or Uber. Going by bus to the US Consulate may leave you ruffled for the interview.
If you will be driving, better to check google maps, or ask someone around you. Lagos is big!
For hotel, Lagos is big and it also depends on your preferences. You can check booking.com, there are hotels within walking distance from the Consulate. If you want something not too far and not too expensive, you can find from N10,000 upwards in Lekki Phase 1.Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 5:09pm On Mar 20, 2017
getostar:

high state of confusion.
the agent said u wouldn't be allowed to wait at the airport (in this case heathrow) beyond 2hrs thus u must have a transit visa.
this agent is quite reputable and i have spoken to their personnel in both their local and headoffice.
pls have you experienced this personally or do u have anyone that has done this previously?

Which airline?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 5:13pm On Mar 20, 2017
getostar:

Virgin. the flight lands and departs from heathrow. But they r saying i must get a transit visa cuz the layover is 23hrs 15mins.
i stated i wouldnt mind staying in the airport that long but they said i must have a visa where the layover is more than 2hrs max.
Do i ignore their warning n go ahead to book?

Sorry to ask you this question.. Is it a must you must fly with Virgin? I think Lufthansa is cheaper and also have you called the airline to confirm?

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by getostar: 5:33pm On Mar 20, 2017
seyewest:

Sorry to ask you this question.. Is it a must you must fly with Virgin? I think Lufthansa is cheaper and also have you called the airline to confirm?

i called o.
....could barely hear what the lady was saying sha with the plenty american accent but she basically said they can't confirm that.

same for lufthansa...(the travel agent claims i would need one where the layover is over 4hrs - frankfurt)

i don taya.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nosamj: 5:49pm On Mar 20, 2017
hello everyone pls is there anyone who can voluter to give me a post interview before end of this month
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 6:02pm On Mar 20, 2017
Actually you can visit the UK Government website and find out if you require a transit visa. (You might not need a transit visa, but these agents, don't mind milking you of your money, just to make you apply for a visa that you don't need)

https://www.gov.uk/transit-visa/overview

https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration/transit-visas

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/changes-to-transit-visas-immigration-act-2014/changes-to-transit-visas

http://travel.stackexchange.com/questions/34106/is-there-a-way-to-find-out-if-i-need-a-transit-visa-for-a-layover-in-the-uk

http://travel.stackexchange.com/questions/9926/london-heathrow-airport-do-i-need-a-transit-visa

getostar:

i called o.
....could barely hear what the lady was saying sha with the plenty american accent but she basically said they can't confirm that.

same for lufthansa...(the travel agent claims i would need one where the layover is over 4hrs - frankfurt)

i don taya.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 6:47pm On Mar 20, 2017
Bro I got your request to send me a message, I don't reply via inbox again, as I want others to benefit too.
If there are any personal details like your name, you can remove it, please ask of your questions here.

getostar:

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nosamj: 7:12pm On Mar 20, 2017
hello lagosvin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by getostar: 7:22pm On Mar 20, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
Bro I got your request to send me a message, I don't reply via inbox again, as I want others to benefit too.
If there are any personal details like your name, you can remove it, please ask of your questions here.

i have read through those links previously but there isn't any clarity.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 7:48pm On Mar 20, 2017
If that's the case;
- you have depart and return tickets.
- you have travelled to the UK and returned back home, without overstaying.
- you have enough funds on you.

How about checking youtube video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFBES9hS-rM
OR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYtljRleS1Q

getostar:

one of the clauses was that the flight should depart same day.
with a 23hr wait, u can be sure that the onward flight doesn't depart same day.
everyone keeps saying u don't need a visa as long as u stay within the airport, while 2 different travel agents claim i need one as long as the wait period exceeds 2hrs.
those i know that flew that route had valid UK visas thus cant be sure if i wouldn't need one, sadly mine just expired.
don't want to be unnecessarily stranded and don't know if i can go through the rigors of getting a UK visa now.
that's why i need a clear-cut answer.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 7:54pm On Mar 20, 2017
Oh 23 hours? that's okay na, i thought it was 24 hours which is like one day. Ask for a lounge to chill and relax. If you're in business class or above. Or if there's one you can pay for, if there's one.

getostar:

one of the clauses was that the flight should depart same day.
with a 23hr wait, u can be sure that the onward flight doesn't depart same day.
everyone keeps saying u don't need a visa as long as u stay within the airport, while 2 different travel agents claim i need one as long as the wait period exceeds 2hrs.
those i know that flew that route had valid UK visas thus cant be sure if i wouldn't need one, sadly mine just expired.
don't want to be unnecessarily stranded and don't know if i can go through the rigors of getting a UK visa now.
that's why i need a clear-cut answer.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 8:04pm On Mar 20, 2017
getostar:

i called o.

i don taya.

Your USA Visit visa is enough... check this out

Exemptions

You don’t need a visa if you have one of the following:

a visa for Canada, New Zealand, Australia or the USA (this can be used for travel to any country)
a residence permit issued by Australia or New Zealand
a common format residence permit issued by an European Economic Area (EEA) country or Switzerland
a resident permit issued by Canada after 28 June 2002
a uniform format category D visa for entry into a country in the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland
an Irish biometric visa (marked ‘BC’ or ‘BC BIVS’ in the ‘Remarks’ section)
a Schengen Approved Destination Scheme (ADS) group tourism visa where the holder is travelling to the Schengen country that issued the visa
a flight ticket from the Schengen area, if you can prove that you entered the Schengen area in the previous 30 days on the basis of a valid Schengen ADS visa
a valid USA I-551 Temporary Immigrant visa issued by the USA (a wet-ink stamp version will not be accepted)
a valid USA permanent residence card issued by the USA on or after 21 April 1998
an expired USA I-551 Permanent Residence card issued by the USA on or after 21 April 1998, with a valid I-797 letter authorising extension
a valid standalone US Immigration Form 155A/155B issued by the USA (attached to a sealed brown envelope)

All visas and residence permits must be valid.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 8:05pm On Mar 20, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
Oh 23 hours? that's okay na, i thought it was 24 hours which is like one day. Ask for a lounge to chill and relax. If you're in business class or above. Or if there's one you can pay for, if there's one.

he can only spend 5-7 hours in a lounge unless he's business class and above.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by getostar: 8:09pm On Mar 20, 2017
tnx Seyewest, KaptainA and LadyG.
as always u have been very helpful.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 8:12pm On Mar 20, 2017
Hi Guys,

Sorry if this question has already been answered, tried searching but couldn't find an exact answer.

Does anyone know how long the Drop Box renewal is supposed to take? Is there an upper limit like 14 working days or something like that?

Thanks in advance.

(1) (2) (3) ... (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61