Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,200 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:13 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (404) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1531509 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by olumde01: 6:05pm On May 26, 2017
PLS GOOD PEOPLE IN THE HOUSE, PLS HOW CAN I UPLOAD MY PICTURE ON DS 160 FORM. I HAVE ALREADY COMPLETED THE FORM AND SUBMIT BUT WAS UNABLE TO UPLOAD MY PASSPORT. PLS HOW CAN RETRIEVE MY APPLICATION BACK..
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 6:10pm On May 26, 2017
esteeino13:
Transcript

We:good Mrn
Vo:passport Pls
Vo:were Are U Going To?
Dad:going To My New York And Texas And Missouri
Vosadtrying To Explain To Dad)these Are Different States, Where Are U Going To Exactly
Dad: Oh Ok,am Going To New York And Texas For A Wedding,my Younga Broda Wedding
Vo: So What Do U Do?
Dad:i Am Bla Bla
Me:i Am D Headmistress In My Mum Sch.
Vo:what Is Yo Role?
Dad: Bla Bla
Vo:are U Married
Me: No
Vo:have U Travelled Out Of Nigeria
We:no
Vosadtalking To Dad) Where Is Yo Wife
Dad: Wife Is In N.Ireland Taking Care Of My Grandchild Cus My Daughter Jst Gave Birth,
Vosadkept On Saying Ok N Typing Then She Asked Me)how Old Are U
Me:25
Vo: Then She Said Ok I Have Good News And Bad News,dad U Are Going(she Then Return My Passport And Told Me "u Are An Adult"wink.

She Jst Focused On My Dad Nt Me I Was Asked 2?S My Dad Got The Last White Paper On Her Table, Bt D Blue Was Still Much, I Believe She Has Exhausted Her Slot Or So? We Are Both First Timer, I Believed I Shud Have Applied Alone.

You are headmistress in your mums school. Dependant on parents..

Applying for visa with dad...

You are an ADULT

And typing like this isn't quite friendly to the eyes.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by olumde01: 6:15pm On May 26, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
What I have learnt from this forum, so far:
1. All conferences are held in the US.
2. All weddings are held in the US.
3. All anniversaries are held in the US.
4. Nigerians don't like to research = someone will still come and ask what documents they need to take to the interview apart from the Nigeria passport, GTB receipt, appointment confirmation page.
5. Nigerians will declare that you are not God or the VO, but that won't stop them from still asking for advise and opinions.
6. The VO's study the US NAIRALAND section.
7. Of recent applicants have been applying, with their relatives in the hope that they would qualify for US visa e.g dad and daughter, husband and grandma = this only works for under 18's not adults.
8. Nigerians will still ask for chances = no one except God knows.
9. I probably should stop generalising. #Okbye

All the best!

PLS GOOD PEOPLE IN THE HOUSE, PLS HOW CAN I UPLOAD MY PICTURE ON DS 160 FORM. I HAVE ALREADY COMPLETED THE FORM AND SUBMIT BUT WAS UNABLE TO UPLOAD MY PASSPORT. PLS HOW CAN RETRIEVE MY APPLICATION BACK..
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by sugah: 6:17pm On May 26, 2017
olumde01:

I think you should fill another application.... provided you have not booked an appointment.

My opinion o, doesn't mean it's the accurate answer.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by olami19: 6:42pm On May 26, 2017
Good day to the gurus in the house, I have a question bothering my mind, year 2007 an agent introduced me to a lady who won a visa lottery, he got my passport photograph, and some of my information which was sent to Kentucky so as to change her(the winner of the lottery) status to married. We were invited for an interview but I eventually pull out of the whole Thing cos the agent was asking for alot of money. I later got to know that the lady that won the lottery dint appear for the interview cos she doesn't have the $750 for visa fee. WHAT has being bothering me is that can this singular act (the matching I mean and information at USA embassy) stand in my way now. I was never at any point appear at the embassy for fingerprints or anything during the visa lottery stuff. Am now married and I want to travel with my family. I need your advice plss

Someone should pls help with an advise
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 7:42pm On May 26, 2017
WHY DON'T YOU CALL THE CUSTOMER CARE WHOSE JOB IT IS, TO HANDLE THESE THINGS?. AND CHECK ON THE US WEBSITE FOR THEIR NUMBER.

olumde01:

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 7:44pm On May 26, 2017
FILL IN THE FORM HONESTLY AND ACCURATELY. AND IN THE SPACE FOR MISREPRESENTATION, TELL THEM THE TRUTH AND ON THE DAY OF YOUR INTERVIEW, GO AND FACE THE CONSEQUENCES OF YOUR PAST SINS. YOU CAN NOT ESCAPE IT, UNLESS YOU DON'T WANT TO TRAVEL TO THE US.

olami19:
Good day to the gurus in the house, I have a question bothering my mind, year 2007 an agent introduced me to a lady who won a visa lottery, he got my passport photograph, and some of my information which was sent to Kentucky so as to change her(the winner of the lottery) status to married. We were invited for an interview but I eventually pull out of the whole Thing cos the agent was asking for alot of money. I later got to know that the lady that won the lottery dint appear for the interview cos she doesn't have the $750 for visa fee. WHAT has being bothering me is that can this singular act (the matching I mean and information at USA embassy) stand in my way now. I was never at any point appear at the embassy for fingerprints or anything during the visa lottery stuff. Am now married and I want to travel with my family. I need your advice plss

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 8:15pm On May 26, 2017
Overload! U lucky lucky man! I remember your transcript. Good luck and safe travels!
Olami did u fill and submit a Form? If yes then you misrepresented. Follow the instructions given by kaptainafrica. If asked about the
Misrepresentation , answer honestly and hope for the best. Read the last 2 pages. The vo posted an answer that would answer your question
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by olami19: 8:25pm On May 26, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
FILL IN THE FORM HONESTLY AND ACCURATELY. AND IN THE SPACE FOR MISREPRESENTATION, TELL THEM THE TRUTH AND ON THE DAY OF YOUR INTERVIEW, GO AND FACE THE CONSEQUENCES OF YOUR PAST SINS. YOU CAN NOT ESCAPE IT, UNLESS YOU DON'T WANT TO TRAVEL TO THE US.

THANKS
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 8:26pm On May 26, 2017
nefertitiram:

You are an ADULT

I doubt if she's really the headmistress... how can a whole headmistress type like this in a public forum...

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by olami19: 8:30pm On May 26, 2017
LadyGuinivere:
Overload! U lucky lucky man! I remember your transcript. Good luck and safe travels!
Olami did u fill and submit a Form? If yes then you misrepresented. Follow the instructions given by kaptainafrica. If asked about the
Misrepresentation , answer honestly and hope for the best. Read the last 2 pages. The vo posted an answer that would answer your question

The agent filled the forms and sent it to Kentucky. No form was submitted to the embassy here in Nigeria. Except that he called that we have been scheduled for interview. And I told him am no longer interested
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by reasonbobo: 8:35pm On May 26, 2017
Good Evening House, please i really need your help, in my DS 160 Form i filled my point of entry is Texas. But i went to go visit my uncle in New Jersey first.
Please would i have any issue at the Airport cause of this ?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 8:59pm On May 26, 2017
No problem. You should be able to defend why you changed your port of entry in the US. And only you know, why you made that choice.

reasonbobo:
Good Evening House, please i really need your help, in my DS 160 Form i filled my point of entry is Texas. But i went to go visit my uncle in New Jersey first.
Please would i have any issue at the Airport cause of this ?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by def111(m): 11:54pm On May 26, 2017
olami19:

best advice so far, no waste your money on US visa fee. take your family to Dubai or visa free country since na vacation only... misrepresentation na BIG red flag, just forget about US for live....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by overlord77: 2:02am On May 27, 2017
olumde01:
Hello the good people in the house. I have collected my passport today and i want to proceed in filling the DS-160 online form. Someone just told me that i should involve agent rather than filling it myself. Pls should i fill the form myself?

Again, what am going for is going to take place in June 22nd.

I suggest you do it all yourself. we all have heard and read how these agents screw up people's profile.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by 9jaStar: 2:49am On May 27, 2017
Abeg show us the fella make we show am pepper wink wink

LadyGuinivere:

In one corner o! Na looku looku ministry I dey. Unless u go buy me ticket I go Comot.
That's how one wicked un named fella here wants me to bring my family heritage for ticket. Lol
How body?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by 9jaStar: 2:50am On May 27, 2017
Those yeye Canada people

Held my passport for weeks until I vex go withdraw my passport

overlord77:

Hahahahaha. Ticket price no be here but it's all good. Man must still go on vac. On a good note, just got my Canadian TRV.

Remember how my virgin passport got B1/B2 in 2015? Same favour has followed me to the Canadian section.

Good day house.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by 9jaStar: 2:51am On May 27, 2017
Involve agent at your own risk.
My advice? DON'T!

olumde01:
Hello the good people in the house. I have collected my passport today and i want to proceed in filling the DS-160 online form. Someone just told me that i should involve agent rather than filling it myself. Pls should i fill the form myself?

Again, what am going for is going to take place in June 22nd.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by 9jaStar: 2:53am On May 27, 2017
I was going to say it butI decided to hold my peace.

A HM writing like this? I feel for the kids in that school

nefertitiram:

You are an ADULT

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by olami19: 5:30am On May 27, 2017
def111:

best advice so far, no waste your money on US visa fee. take your family to Dubai or visa free country since na vacation only... misrepresentation na BIG red flag, just forget about US for live....

Thanks for your advise, I will give it a try. If I get refused for misrepresentation this time, that should clear the hurdles of the past. And it will pave ways for future travels to the US. I dont think they would continue refusing me visa over something I want to be clear of

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by def111(m): 6:20am On May 27, 2017
olami19:

Thanks for your advise, I will give it a try. If I get refused for misrepresentation this time, that should clear the hurdles of the past. And it will pave ways for future travels to the US. I dont think they would continue refusing me visa over something I want to be clear of

they will continue refusing over and over till you tired... wait at first do you pay for visa fee, or the yeye agent only use month tell you,... am not sure if any of your information dey US embassy, if only you know the agent you for ask am Wetin e really do
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by olami19: 6:59am On May 27, 2017
def111:

they will continue refusing over and over till you tired... wait at first do you pay for visa fee, or the yeye agent only use month tell you,... am not sure if any of your information dey US embassy, if only you know the agent you for ask am Wetin e really do

I stated in my write up that I never appear at the US embassy for anything except that the agent sent my photographs to Kentucky. I dint pay any visa fee to the U.S. embassy in Nigeria. The embassy only scheduled us for interview which i chose not to attend Pls go through my story again.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by olumde01: 8:02am On May 27, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
WHY DON'T YOU CALL THE CUSTOMER CARE WHOSE JOB IT IS, TO HANDLE THESE THINGS?. AND CHECK ON THE US WEBSITE FOR THEIR NUMBER.

Can I fill another application since I have not book an appointment with them
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by def111(m): 9:00am On May 27, 2017
olami19:

I stated in my write up that I never appear at the US embassy for anything except that the agent sent my photographs to Kentucky. I dint pay any visa fee to the U.S. embassy in Nigeria. The embassy only scheduled us for interview which i chose not to attend Pls go through my story again.

I have read the story for the beginning. if its the embassy that schedule appointment for you and you very sure. then your information is in they data.. when fill ur form u will see have you apply for US visa lottery before, click yes and state what happen. be honest oh, they already know what happen oh
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by olami19: 9:18am On May 27, 2017
def111:

I have read the story for the beginning. if its the embassy that schedule appointment for you and you very sure. then your information is in they data.. when fill ur form u will see have you apply for US visa lottery before, click yes and state what happen. be honest oh, they already know what happen oh

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by olumde01: 10:09am On May 27, 2017

Is it advisable to fill another form since I have not book an appointment with them.

Quick response will be appreciated.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Timetravel88: 11:19am On May 27, 2017
Good day,
Please I have a nagging problem that has kept me up most nights. I have a fiance in the US who I plan on getting married to, she has come visiting once and all went well.
I applied for a US tourist visa in a few months and said I was married to her and was denied visa after a brief interview. Now she is proposing for a K1 fiance visa application which of course will be in contradiction to my previous application at the consulate.
Please what solution can u proffer to lift this bottleneck.
I know I should have gone through the K1 first, I was completely naive of the process.
In addition I used my surname in place of hers for spouse's full name and address and place of Origin was Nigeria as I thought mine would suffice in the eventuality of marriage.
Your speedy response will be profoundly appreciated.
Thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 12:14pm On May 27, 2017
Timetravel88:
Good day,
Please I have a nagging problem that has kept me up most nights. I have a fiance in the US who I plan on getting married to, she has come visiting once and all went well.
I applied for a US tourist visa in a few months and said I was married to her and was denied visa after a brief interview. Now she is proposing for a K1 fiance visa application which of course will be in contradiction to my previous application at the consulate.
Please what solution can u proffer to lift this bottleneck.
I know I should have gone through the K1 first, I was completely naive of the process.
In addition I used my surname in place of hers for spouse's full name and address and place of Origin was Nigeria as I thought mine would suffice in the eventuality of marriage.
Your speedy response will be profoundly appreciated.
Thank you.
Your matter is not unique. U misrepresented. Like most Nigerians u chose the "easier" path.
For the solution to your question, read from 3 pages back. The vo posted a solution for cases like this.
All the surname question still fall under misrepresentation.
But wait sha. Did u say you took the lady's surname

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by olumde01: 12:19pm On May 27, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

Your matter is not unique. U misrepresented. Like most Nigerians u chose the "easier" path.
For the solution to your question, read from 3 pages back. The vo posted a solution for cases like this.

Lady G pls help me out on this.

Is it advisable to fill another form since I have not book an appointment with them.

Quick response will be appreciated.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Timetravel88: 12:31pm On May 27, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

No I gave her mine. Thanks a lot
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Timetravel88: 1:43pm On May 27, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

Can I fill a new DS 160, get an appointment and attend an interview to set the record straight. This time my intention is to come clean not necessarily getting the visa.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 2:20pm On May 27, 2017
Timetravel88:

Can I fill a new DS 160, get an appointment and attend an interview to set the record straight. This time my intention is to come clean not necessarily getting the visa.
The VOs post answered this question specifically. It's within the last 3 pages. Its better to read by oneself

(1) (2) (3) ... (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68