Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,818 members, 7,820,883 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (406) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1536129 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 9:35am On May 29, 2017
5. Nigerians will declare that you are not God or the VO, but that won't stop them from still asking for advise and opinions. *Theory confirmed*

honeyoluwatoyin:
. Olamide don't be discourage .. some people"s comment are annoying as if they are d one givn out the visa .. fill the form wit honestly... there's nowhere in the form you will need to explain ur past cos you've never gone for the interview nor fill their form.. so don't lose hope nor be discourage.. everyone here are just saying what they think... they ain't God nor the consulate.. what they see as merit does get you the visa sometimes.. just try u might be lucky
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 10:51am On May 29, 2017
Yeah that's why I said "probably". But if my dad was a US citizen, I would tell him to apply for me oh. Sorry Nigeria, no hard feelings. cheesy

[quote author=watlat4sure post=56980948][/quote]
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 11:05am On May 29, 2017
[quote author=watlat4sure post=56980948][/quote]

@watlaw4sure: agreed that you are not altogether wrong and these things happen but rarely, the intricacies are quite deeper, wouldn't say more till the OP involved bring his wife's strong ties to the table.... Tight corner

It is even SOMETIMES easier for the one in this situation who has been officially filed for to somehow get a B1/B2 visa ahead of the one they haven't filed for sef!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 11:08am On May 29, 2017
kolawoleoladipo:
j

Jus want to pply with our child now. Will tht pose a problem

Increased disadvantage, particularly if the child is grown enough to give mum some freedom of travel alone opportunity, another major tie missed that is!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 11:12am On May 29, 2017
Tdadz:
Dears,
please I need to edit the organisation name of my uncle in the US on the DS-160 which I have already submitted as well as update some other details on the form. How do I go about this please...

Was just thinking now sef oh, do you think you can input those details and still have the name of your uncle in tact in that field area of the form? I doubt! It is an "either or" situation if my memory is not failing me here, I think I encountered this in the past and had to go with one of both choices, check it out sha....

Copy @Seyewest
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 11:18am On May 29, 2017
OmoBendel24:

It counts not much or even nothing. Concentrate more on yourself, your own ties and your interview, you may likely have the opportunity to spell this worry of yours out by then sef. Regards

@LadyGuinivere: actually got reminded of worry359 by reason of @the bolded, he's been very absent. However, it seems I'm very close to discovering his new moniker on here oh, but I no go yarn.... One of our guys seem to write a lot like him but with toned down shouting down of peeps now cheesy

Oga JWTheocracy, thanks for yielding to advice too, I remember thee today too!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kolawoleoladipo: 11:20am On May 29, 2017
Thanks awhole lot, well our child is month'S old, and they both want to apply for the visa b1b2,meaning my wife is visiting her dad whilts my son is visiting grandpa but as for me the dad and the husband wont apply with them.Just want some positive answers so i wont waste visa fees.
OmoBendel24:

Increased disadvantage, particularly if the child is grown enough to give mum some freedom of travel alone opportunity, another major tie missed that is!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by def111(m): 11:22am On May 29, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
Yeah that's why I said "probably". But if my dad was a US citizen, I would tell him to apply for me oh. Sorry Nigeria, no hard feelings. cheesy

Oga you don join people way dey find free flight ticket too..
LadyGuinivere and nefertitiram this Oga don join us oh. her papa go pay for all of us ticket,
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kolawoleoladipo: 11:39am On May 29, 2017
Talking about Strong ties, Yes she has a good Job, likewise i do have a good job, married {YES}, Children { few months old child} So what else about ties?
OmoBendel24:

@watlaw4sure: agreed that you are not altogether wrong and these things happen but rarely, the intricacies are quite deeper, wouldn't say more till the OP involved bring his wife's strong ties to the table.... Tight corner

It is even SOMETIMES easier for the one in this situation who has been officially filed for to somehow get a B1/B2 visa ahead of the one they haven't filed for sef!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Myzzz: 11:50am On May 29, 2017
I applied for US visa lottery years ago but wasn't selected now I'm applying for a tourist visa should I fill yes for the question 'have you ever been refused a US visa...' Just wondering
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 12:05pm On May 29, 2017
Myzzz:
I applied for US visa lottery years ago but wasn't selected now I'm applying for a tourist visa should I fill yes for the question 'have you ever been refused a US visa...' Just wondering

Fill NO! That particular issue is none of your business, that's not what that section of the form is talking about ni....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 12:07pm On May 29, 2017
kolawoleoladipo:
Talking about Strong ties, Yes she has a good Job, likewise i do have a good job, married {YES}, Children { few months old child} So what else about ties?

Relative, relative that is. How did her dad get into the US by the way? What's her travel experience like? Like I earlier asked, what will make her choose Nigeria over the US?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Tdadz: 12:26pm On May 29, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
Either fill a new form or correct it at the interview.

At Kaptain I have already made the GTB payment and I have scheduled an interview date already, if I'm to fill a new form now, do I need to cancel the date I already booked?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kolawoleoladipo: 1:57pm On May 29, 2017
Dad has been in the US for over 20 via lottery, yes she has been to dubia once, her Job, me myself as the Husband would make her choose Naija over US. Note; i won be attending with her due to one thing or the other
OmoBendel24:

Relative, relative that is. How did her dad get into the US by the way? What's her travel experience like? Like I earlier asked, what will make her choose Nigeria over the US?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 2:45pm On May 29, 2017
Tdadz:

At Kaptain I have already made the GTB payment and I have scheduled an interview date already, if I'm to fill a new form now, do I need to cancel the date I already booked?

No, you don't have to.... Seems you can now update your profile by yourself now as it used to be in the past, just change the former DS160 form number and input the new one there and save/update. However, if this method fails, kindly call the Customer Service Unit of the US Embassy.

Meanwhile, I stand to be corrected, this correction you want to effect is of no much use on two grounds. The one is that you and your ties are the most important considerations to the VO and not the person inviting or hosting you. The other is that you EITHER fill the person's name and forego the name of organization OR you fill in the name of organization and forego that individual's name, you have to run with one of these two options methinks, just give it a try and testify sha!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 2:49pm On May 29, 2017
kolawoleoladipo:
Dad has been in the US for over 20 via lottery, yes she has been to dubia once, her Job, me myself as the Husband would make her choose Naija over US. Note; i won be attending with her due to one thing or the other

Well, you could give it a try, all things are possible. That travel history for now can't achieve much if I must point out though.... A tough call!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kokoboy4life(m): 4:37pm On May 29, 2017
@omobende Good Day to you
Are you saying if someone applying for B1/B2 Visa don't have travel history the person won't be granted VISA.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 5:59pm On May 29, 2017
@nwabendel I dey here o! Just tired of relying questions I know the poster can get the answer if he tries.

@def Haba!!!why are u like this? As if getting the free ticket isn't difficult enough, u come join the queue. Mind your feeling mula o!!! cheesy

@the poster that blamed his wife for the refusal. If I'm a vo I'll deny u again. Both of you were denied iunder 214b shikena . Married couples with no kids get visas all the time.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by NwaAmaikpe: 6:16pm On May 29, 2017
LadyGuinivere:
@nwabendel I dey here o! Just tired of relying questions I know the poster can get the answer if he tries.

@def Haba!!!why are u like this? As if getting the free ticket isn't difficult enough, u come join the queue. Mind your feeling mula o!!! cheesy

@the poster that blamed his wife for the refusal. If I'm a vo I'll deny u again. Both of you were denied iunder 214b shikena . Married couples with no kids get visas all the time.

Good!
Like my people say..
Onye ajuju anaghi e fu uzo...person wey dey ask question no dey lost.

What do I write as reason for being refused because I can't personally tell what it is. Or do I leave it blank
I am confused.
Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 6:27pm On May 29, 2017
OmoBendel24:

Was just thinking now sef oh, do you think you can input those details and still have the name of your uncle in tact in that field area of the form? I doubt! It is an "either or" situation if my memory is not failing me here, I think I encountered this in the past and had to go with one of both choices, check it out sha....

Copy @Seyewest
true it's either fill name of organisation or fill name of the sponsor/or who you're visiting.
He should fill another form if he's not sure.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 6:46pm On May 29, 2017
I was a bit worried when U.S Embassy in Nigeria decided to increased the U.S Non Immigrant visa fees.... I was like this people no send us at all... why are they so callous and why make it difficult for Nigerians to apply and get U.S visit visa(As if the applicant will not enter plane to U.S) well after a lot of research here and there I realized that it's not really U.S Embassy that fixed the price in Naira because it's always $160 since I can remember.
Just to burst your bubbles... GTB is the culprit in this matter.. U.S Embassy calculate our U.S Visa fee in $ and that is $160 by the time they converted it to Naira,they did so in GTB atm rates or forex rate not CBN or Black market rate... as at now GTB atm rates/international bank rate is N400. If you multiply N400 with $160 you will get N64000.
Abokifx will reveal more if you're curious.

6 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kokoboy4life(m): 6:53pm On May 29, 2017
seyewest:
I was a bit worried when U.S Embassy in Nigeria decided to increased the U.S Non Immigrant visa fees.... I was like this people no send us at all... why are they so callous and why make it difficult for Nigerians to apply and get U.S visit visa(As if the applicant will not enter plane to U.S) well after a lot of research here and there I realized that it's not really U.S Embassy that fixed the price in Naira because it's always $160 since I can remember.

Just to burst your bubbles... GTB is the culprit in this matter.. U.S Embassy calculate our U.S Visa fee in $ and that is $160 by the time they converted it to Naira,they did so in GTB atm rates or forex rate not CBN or Black market rate... as at now GTB atm rates/international bank rate is N400. If you multiply N400 with $160 you will get N64000.
Abokifx will reveal more if you're curious.

@seyewest Good Evening to you is it true that if someone applying for US visit visa do not have Travel Experience the person can't be granted Visa?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 6:55pm On May 29, 2017
kokoboy4life:

@seyewest Good Evening to you is it true that if someone applying for US visit visa do not have Travel Experience the person can't be granted Visa?

it's a lie... A lot of applicant who have not stepped out of Naija do get U.S Visa but have a rich travel experience is a big plus if you wanna apply for U.S visit visa.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 7:44pm On May 29, 2017
kokoboy4life:
@omobende Good Day to you
Are you saying if someone applying for B1/B2 Visa don't have travel history the person won't be granted VISA.

Not at all, it's only an added advantage some time.... Only said so above because of the peculiar case in question, loads of travel history, weighty and quality ones oh, will help that particular person's case, dazzol!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 8:10pm On May 29, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

I dey sight you for background, and I quite understand too. Your contributions remain unquantifiable and outstanding, you know!

As for NwaAmaikpe case, seems there's a concealed birthing attempt in the VO's assessment methinks though. I always advise to take note of the last line of discussion before refusals, particularly the very last question, that always is where it is that either misrepresentation or a lie was discovered or where the VO's corner eye/doubtful thought got almost confirmed. But the way my guy just put everything for him wife head just weak me sha, anyways, maybe na there the real koko/dagbo Wey dey disturb conscience dey sha oh!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by 2aify2017: 9:09pm On May 29, 2017
Hello house, please a friend needs your kind advice. My friend is applying for a U.S Tourist visa. His Mum lives in the U.S (Mum is U.S Citizen) but he is making reservations for a Hotel.
Question: Can that pose a problem for him before the V.O ?

please assist with your on point advice is needed.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by naijaboy756: 9:36pm On May 29, 2017
Dear House,

Please what is the earliest interview date one can get if she applies this week?

Abuja pls
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Team16(m): 11:06pm On May 29, 2017
Please, I am applying for US B1/B2 visa and the embassy sent me a mail to come with my Cv, and all certificates. Is there anyone who has been asked to come with these documents?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 12:21am On May 30, 2017
Team16:
Please, I am applying for US B1/B2 visa and the embassy sent me a mail to come with my Cv, and all certificates. Is there anyone who has been asked to come with these documents?

They want to employ you be that
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Team16(m): 1:00am On May 30, 2017
nefertitiram:

They want to employ you be that

I don't understand oh. I am applying for visitors visa now not job visa
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by travelpoint: 2:06am On May 30, 2017
My sister discovered that her passport will expired August 2017 after she had paid US visa fee through GTB, she cannot use this passport to obtain visa.

She is planning to obtain a new passport but she doesn't know what to do because her current passport number is printed on the US visa payment receipt.

(1) (2) (3) ... (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.