Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,712 members, 7,820,493 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:50 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (429) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1535987 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bliz123: 7:32pm On Jun 23, 2017
TWoods:

Not true. Being honest is your best bet. If you have changed jobs, explain. What leads to red flags are lies.
Okay thanks. Based on things I had read about inconsistencies , I had to ask because my business is still in existence so I was thinking if it will be best to stay on what job I had when I was refused instead of saying the new job I had and making it look as if I am desperate . I hope u see my angle. I am open please I ain't pushing
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by PHOOMI(f): 7:57pm On Jun 23, 2017
Please house, do we have to keep the stickers from the embassy on our international passport forever?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 8:16pm On Jun 23, 2017
PHOOMI:
Please house, do we have to keep the stickers from the embassy on our international passport forever?

No
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 8:26pm On Jun 23, 2017
bliz123:

My office is paying for the conference.

Okay, good. But WHY if I may ask (just to jolt you)? Clearly you have been following the thread.... The SA trip too is cool, i was scared you may mention Ghana before. Good pay too. When I talked of PATTERN, I was talking of seeing a set map and scheme by you with twists and turns to get "this visa" which of course isn't a bad one to do necessarily, just put it together properly. I also saw when MzJennypher was putting hers together all the way from her previous US refusal, the SA thread and her joy today that she has been granted the visa. In essence it is possible when appropriately pieced else it boomerangs! All the best....

NB// Will only advise that if that January 2016 government job that pays 280k after your December 2015 refusal is phoney (cos I perceive this job part is disturbing your mind already, still on PATTERN), thread carefully. There probably could have been better ways, like repeating same process with some circumstantial changes already made in terms of ties improvement. Worried about how to explain your wife and child's absence from the trip even as you need them not to be on the trip to strengthen your ties? Abi?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 8:27pm On Jun 23, 2017
nell4:
house please i have been to the U.S twice. I didn't travel with my last renewal and it is about to expire. I want to renew it again and don't know if I am qualified for dropbox or not.
thanks

You are qualified if it is only not using it that you are bothered about.... Regards
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nell4: 8:33pm On Jun 23, 2017
OmoBendel24:

You are qualified if it is only not using it that you are bothered about.... Regards
owh! thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by borryworld: 8:55pm On Jun 23, 2017
mzjennypher:
I had my interview today @the embassy and it was a success a very big thank you to everyone and people who posted their transcripts too cos they were rerally helpful. I applied in july 2016 tho without a travel history, single and unmarried. So i went to S.a for just 5days last year. Today's transcript (Still unamarried tho got a travel history which is only S.A)

Vo: Good Morning
Me: Good morning and how r you with a big smile sef (Tho this particular vo was just rejecting everyone before me that went to her, i even praying i wont be directed to her sef but i was dirceted to her)
vo: what are you going to do in nyc
Me: I am going on my annual leave and wld love to spend my vacation there
vo: what would you be doing there
me: I intent visiting the statue of liberty, empire state building and sight seeing.
vo:what do u do
Me: i work with bleep as bleep(I explained all my duties in full)
vo: How long have u been with them
Me: wld be 5 years this year
Vo: Have u travelled before?
Me: yes
vo: she checked to confirm my vsist and stamp). do you have relatives in the us?
Me: yes, two uncle
Vo: where do they stay?
Me: nyc nad texas
vo:are you visiting them? (Note i filled hotel on my form)
Me: No
Vo: why?
me: i dnt want to visit i just want to go on a vacation
she types for long as this point i was like you wld gimme blue paper gimme lemme go jare
Vo: i would be approving your visa pick up @ blah blah blah
i read severally that pple say at that point they dnt hear anything anymore sincerely i experienced it ooo, i just managed to say thanks after staring @her lol.

Thanks to y'all for the assistance.
So true. I am not even sure if I heard the approve your visa part. I only noticed him putting our passports aside and the passing the proxy form. I had to drag my wife as I took my leave (she didn't know the interview has ended).
Sorry to ask, how do you guys notice others' interview outcomes. I seems to get lost in-between the multiple sessions the two times I was there.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Saylawchar(m): 9:33pm On Jun 23, 2017
please how can one do hotel reservation without credit card? Any idea of any hotel that allows reservation without credit card details?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by opechy(f): 11:38pm On Jun 23, 2017
Hi everyone!
Bro was denied earlier today because he claimed to be a student in Malaysia but the visa isn't on his new passport. He has a copy of his visa page as the old passport has been stolen. Can he reapply immediately and state this in reason for previous denial? The conference he is attending is from July 12. Candid opinion would be appreciated!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 11:42pm On Jun 23, 2017
worry359:

First please post only once, not four times.

Going to other African countries to obtain passport stamps is a complete waste of time and money.
No visa officer is impressed by them.
You must prove your strong ties to return home after your visit and robust finances.

The only thing that helps somewhat is travel and return to good countries like USA, UK, and Shengen zone.
Can I apply immediately after returning back from schengh countries?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by daffizo12(m): 12:12am On Jun 24, 2017
Saylawchar:
please how can one do hotel reservation without credit card? Any idea of any hotel that allows reservation without credit card details?
www.booking.com and book ur hotel reservation
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Saylawchar(m): 6:32am On Jun 24, 2017
daffizo12:

many thanks, i later discovered that Nigeria debit card is also acceptable and have already used it....

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bliz123: 9:30am On Jun 24, 2017
OmoBendel24:

Okay, good. But WHY if I may ask (just to jolt you)? Clearly you have been following the thread.... The SA trip too is cool, i was scared you may mention Ghana before. Good pay too. When I talked of PATTERN, I was talking of seeing a set map and scheme by you with twists and turns to get "this visa" which of course isn't a bad one to do necessarily, just put it together properly. I also saw when MzJennypher was putting hers together all the way from her previous US refusal, the SA thread and her joy today that she has been granted the visa. In essence it is possible when appropriately pieced else it boomerangs! All the best....

NB// Will only advise that if that January 2016 government job that pays 280k after your December 2015 refusal is phoney (cos I perceive this job part is disturbing your mind already, still on PATTERN), thread carefully. There probably could have been better ways, like repeating same process with some circumstantial changes already made in terms of ties improvement. Worried about how to explain your wife and child's absence from the trip even as you need them not to be on the trip to strengthen your ties? Abi?

I enjoyed your analysis. U strike me as a lecturer or motivational speaker. God bless you. I was also thinking along your line of thought as a pattern but in truth I had changed jobs and location as well. I am going without my wife and children because it will be a conference being paid for by my employers ( I'm going for a training on the digital change over Nigeria has been battling with. The rest of the world did it right and we haven't . Now it is my job to see how this can be done as quickly as possible . About ties guess they should be ample enough enough to convince the vo I will be back after 2 weeks. I still need ur input oga mii. I desire to be well packaged and informed. Lol

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by HalaHala: 9:58am On Jun 24, 2017
My transcript. ...
vo.gm
me.gm
vo.where are u going in us
me.cleveland in ohio
vo.to do what
me.my cousin wedding
vo.were do u work
me.golden taj steels llc
vo.how much do u earn
me.my take home is 180k
Vo.ve u traveled b4
Me.Abu dhabi,Dubai
vo.r u married
me.yes
vo.hw many kids
Me.2
all while she was typing .she suddenly looked n said sorry u didn't meet our visa requirements. U can reapply.gave me d blue(evil) paper...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mzjennypher(f): 10:52am On Jun 24, 2017
borryworld:
So true. I am not even sure if I heard the approve your visa part. I only noticed him putting our passports aside and the passing the proxy form. I had to drag my wife as I took my leave (she didn't know the interview has ended).
Sorry to ask, how do you guys notice others' interview outcomes. I seems to get lost in-between the multiple sessions the two times I was there.

@borryworld i saw her giving blue papers and returning passports.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mzjennypher(f): 10:55am On Jun 24, 2017
daffizo12:

@daffizo12 is it compulsory to pay for the hotel before leaving? cos i have heard so many stories abt poe, i hope it wont pose an issue if i make payment on arrival at the hotel. Moreso, is it wise to travel with just usd1000 for a 10days trip?

Dear House pls assist.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 11:20am On Jun 24, 2017
mzjennypher:

@daffizo12 is it compulsory to pay for the hotel before leaving? cos i have heard so many stories abt poe, i hope it wont pose an issue if i make payment on arrival at the hotel. Moreso, is it wise to travel with just usd1000 for a 10days trip?

Dear House pls assist.
If you are a first time traveller it might be better to pay for a night at least. I remember the border person at amsterdam making an issue of my 2 night payment even thou I was not even a firsty

As for the1k. The answer lies with u. Will 1k cover feeding, housing and trains /tp for 10 days. Do the analysis

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by daffizo12(m): 11:31am On Jun 24, 2017
mzjennypher:

Dear House pls assist.
you can book the room.its when you arrive that when you will pay

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Salami71: 12:41pm On Jun 24, 2017
I have been so worried and concerned about the amount of days to book, it as stopped me from filling my ds 160 form all because i intend staying in the state for 21 days and the hotels am seeing only accept 1,2 or 3 days night maximum
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by sugah: 1:28pm On Jun 24, 2017
mzjennypher:

Dear House pls assist.
Check airbnb.com for lodgings too.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by suxes2005(m): 1:43pm On Jun 24, 2017
Salami71:
I have been so worried and concerned about the amount of days to book, it as stopped me from filling my ds 160 form all because i intend staying in the state for 21 days and the hotels am seeing only accept 1,2 or 3 days night maximum

Which site did you use?

hrs. com
booking . com
accorhotels . com

SHALOM
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by dclone: 1:51pm On Jun 24, 2017
Please is it possible to adjust some details in my ds160 form, bfor my interview...my interview date is on Friday 30th june.thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by daffizo12(m): 2:05pm On Jun 24, 2017
Salami71:

That's not true.i booked 17 days. The total money is about 500 dollar
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Salami71: 3:13pm On Jun 24, 2017
thanks I have gotten a hotel room reserved via booking.com, now my problem is the salary amount in local currency.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 4:34pm On Jun 24, 2017
Salami71:
thanks I have gotten a hotel room reserved via booking.com, now my problem is the salary amount in local currency.
Is your salary not in Naira?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by dclone: 5:42pm On Jun 24, 2017
dclone:
Please is it possible to adjust some details in my ds160 form, bfor my interview...my interview date is on Friday 30th june.thanks

Can anyone help out please?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 6:01pm On Jun 24, 2017
dclone:

Can anyone help out please?
fill another form and send the embassy an email that you want to swap your old ds160 number with a new one.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jun 24, 2017
seyewest:
fill another form and send the embassy an email that you want to swap your old ds160 number with a new one.
Please,is it mandatory I go to shenghe countries like Germany,France ,Spain to have a travelling history experience in order to apply for a visiting or conference visa
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by asid(m): 8:38pm On Jun 24, 2017
Permit my asking, Please what's the procedure for the "Dropbox", would really appreciate the info.

Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bigbus: 10:11pm On Jun 24, 2017
asid:
Permit my asking, Please what's the procedure for the "Dropbox", would really appreciate the info.

Thanks
Follow the same process as you used to get your current/past visa. (Or check page 1 of this thread for the links for starting a visa application process).
As you commence, you will be asked basic questions like is this your first visa, how old are you etc. Depending on your answers, you may be presented the option to apply via dropbox. It's really simple step by step.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bigbus: 10:13pm On Jun 24, 2017
pepe4reps:
Please,is it mandatory I go to shenghe countries like Germany,France ,Spain to have a travelling history experience in order to apply for a visiting or conference visa
No, it is not mandatory. But depending on the purpose of your visit to the US, it is useful to demonstrate that you usually return to Nigeria after trips abroad. wink
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bigbus: 10:18pm On Jun 24, 2017
HalaHala:
My transcript. ...
vo.gm
me.gm
vo.where are u going in us
me.cleveland in ohio
vo.to do what
me.my cousin wedding
vo.were do u work
me.golden taj steels llc
vo.how much do u earn
me.my take home is 180k
Vo.ve u traveled b4
Me.Abu dhabi,Dubai
vo.r u married
me.yes
vo.hw many kids
Me.2
all while she was typing .she suddenly looked n said sorry u didn't meet our visa requirements. U can reapply.gave me d blue(evil) paper...

If I am to guess, it is sounding like something in your answers did not tally with what is in your visa application form, or your form itself is not consistent and your answer did not clear up any doubts the VO might have as to the genuineness of your trip. Sorry o.

(1) (2) (3) ... (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.