Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,878 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:16 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (430) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1533966 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Propertyeighty: 4:39am On Jun 25, 2017
I have learnt so much on this thread,and i want to say God bless you all!
Im male and work with a manufacturing company as an HR officer and i want to visit the US to spend my annual leave this year,im married with 3 kids but i want to make this trip alone.
I dont have any travel history.
Please what are my chances?
I need info on how to go about it.
Thanks!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Saylawchar(m): 7:33am On Jun 25, 2017
Greetings to everyone in the house!

Please i want to find out on my chances, i was denied student visa twice sometimes 2011 (both Lagos and Abuja) office but then i was single, but now am happily married with a 3 yrs old son, i wish to travel to the state with my family on vacation this summer. Have got a nice job, my wife has a very good job, both are Federal Jobs. My question is, do i need to fill another DS 160 form and what are my chances because we don't have any travel history.

Regards.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 10:43am On Jun 25, 2017
!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by tshegs19: 11:51am On Jun 25, 2017
Hello guys
In 2015, I applied for a B2 visa (while in the uk). I got a visa valid till November, this year. My plan was to travel after my masters in the Uk, but i got a job after here in Naija. & I can't get an annual leave till next year 2018. Please advise if I should renew the B2 visa before it expires (pls with steps to take) Or I should re-apply next year when I'm ready.
Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 12:14pm On Jun 25, 2017
1. No one knows your chances. Only God.
2. Assess your ties to Nigeria, think like a VO would - do you consider strong, your ties to Nigeria, if you were a VO? Forget about what's in your heart or mind, what can you present as a strong tie.
3. Fill your forms truthfully and honestly.

Saylawchar:
Greetings to everyone in the house!

Please i want to find out on my chances, i was denied student visa twice sometimes 2011 (both Lagos and Abuja) office but then i was single, but now am happily married with a 3 yrs old son, i wish to travel to the state with my family on vacation this summer. Have got a nice job, my wife has a very good job, both are Federal Jobs. My question is, do i need to fill another DS 160 form and what are my chances because we don't have any travel history.

Regards.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 12:16pm On Jun 25, 2017
PEOPLE HAVE GOTTEN VISAS WITHOUT STEPPING FOOT OUTSIDE OF NIGERIA. YOUR STRONG TIES MATTER.

Mikehk2:
bro my honest advice ...' From Experience' don't apply for U.S. visa with your wife or as a family without travel experience ... NB:: not just travel history , but correct travel history cause travel history differs from travel history ... A word is enough for the wise .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 12:18pm On Jun 25, 2017
1. Why are you making this trip alone? You might be asked, so think of a good, honest reason.
2. Assess your ties in Nigeria as a VO would, don't put into consideration what's in your heart or mind. But what is 'provable'
3. Fill your forms honestly and truthfully.

Propertyeighty:
Im male and work with a manufacturing company as an HR officer and i want to visit the US to spend my annual leave this year,im married with 3 kids but i want to make this trip alone.
Thanks!

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Pesuzok(m): 6:28pm On Jun 25, 2017
How does the VO verify the ties? I have a friend that was denied with his wife and 2 kids based on ties. I know this guy very well, he has a very good paying job, has been to dubai with his family.

I will advise people to first apply and visit other countries like UK and schegen countries with their family for vacation.

These places are also good for vacation. Milan, Rome, Paris, London, etc.

You will stand a better chance in getting a US visa.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by showerses: 6:38pm On Jun 25, 2017
Please can i use my B1/B2 payment and apply for a conference(B1) Visa as i have already paid for B1/B2 visa before this conference came up or i have to pay again differently for B1 only
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by asid(m): 7:05pm On Jun 25, 2017
showerses:
Please can i use my B1/B2 payment and apply for a conference(B1) Visa as i have already paid for B1/B2 visa before this conference came up or i have to pay again differently for B1 only

It's the same, you don't need making any other payment, when filling your form, you will understand better
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by showerses: 7:15pm On Jun 25, 2017
Thank you Asid, i have started filling my Ds-160 form
asid:

It's the same, you don't need making any other payment, when filling your form, you will understand better
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Saylawchar(m): 7:31pm On Jun 25, 2017
Mikehk2:
bro my honest advice ...' From Experience' don't apply for U.S. visa with your wife or as a family without travel experience ... NB:: not just travel history , but correct travel history cause travel history differs from travel history ... A word is enough for the wise .

Noted and thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Saylawchar(m): 7:32pm On Jun 25, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
PEOPLE HAVE GOTTEN VISAS WITHOUT STEPPING FOOT OUTSIDE OF NIGERIA. YOUR STRONG TIES MATTER.

Many thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by opomulero(m): 8:07pm On Jun 25, 2017
This ties is a big issue for visa applicants.

Please lets talk more on this ties.

So that applicants wont just be wasting US visa fee.

Thank you all for responding.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jun 25, 2017
Mikehk2:
Like which countries can someone visit to have a vibrant travelling history experience in order to apply for USA visiting visa?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jun 25, 2017
Pesuzok:
How does the VO verify the ties? I have a friend that was denied with his wife and 2 kids based on ties. I know this guy very well, he has a very good paying job, has been to dubai with his family.

I will advise people to first apply and visit other countries like UK and schegen countries with their family for vacation.

These places are also good for vacation. Milan, Rome, Paris, London, etc.

You will stand a better chance in getting a US visa.
What of the likes Denmark, Sweden,France Germany??
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 9:33pm On Jun 25, 2017
1. C'mon brethren. If your ties to Nigeria is strong, you wont need to spend your hard-earned money on applying for other country visa's. You have read the VO say again and again, people and families who have not stepped outside of Nigeria, have gotten visas!
And even if your ties is strong, you may not be given a visa - a visa is a privilege and not a right, always remember that, you have no right to a US visa, you just have a privilege to have one, that's how it works across the whole world.

2. Strong ties are things that will make it necessary for you to return to Nigeria.
- Length of time at job - Position at Job - Family (presence or absence of kids) - Finances - Properties - Yes, sometimes, travel history amongst others.

NOTE: You could have very strong ties to Nigeria and you could still be denied, A VISA IS NOT A RIGHT BUT A PRIVILEGE. IF IT WAS A RIGHT, EVERYONE WITH STRONG TIES, WILL GET IT, AS THEY MEET THE SPECIFIED REQUIREMENTS.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 9:35pm On Jun 25, 2017
It makes no difference, if you travel all around the world and there is nothing tying to Nigeria, you may not get the visa. Well unless you have money to spare, you could apply, if you think it would make the difference.

pepe4reps:
What of the likes Denmark, Sweden,France Germany??

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 9:37pm On Jun 25, 2017
1. C'mon brethren. If your ties to Nigeria is strong, you wont need to spend your hard-earned money on applying for other country visa's. You have read the VO say again and again, people and families who have not stepped outside of Nigeria, have gotten visas!
And even if your ties is strong, you may not be given a visa - a visa is a privilege and not a right, always remember that, you have no right to a US visa, you just have a privilege to have one, that's how it works across the whole world.

2. Strong ties are things that will make it necessary for you to return to Nigeria.
- Length of time at job - Position at Job - Family (presence or absence of kids) - Finances - Properties - Yes, sometimes, travel history amongst others.

NOTE: You could have very strong ties to Nigeria and you could still be denied, A VISA IS NOT A RIGHT BUT A PRIVILEGE. IF IT WAS A RIGHT, EVERYONE WITH STRONG TIES, WILL GET IT, AS THEY MEET THE SPECIFIED REQUIREMENTS.

opomulero:
This ties is a big issue for visa applicants.

Please lets talk more on this ties.

So that applicants wont just be wasting US visa fee.

Thank you all for responding.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by daffizo12(m): 10:05pm On Jun 25, 2017
Travelling history Ni....I have uncles and auntys who have gotten American Visa on a virgin passport.if u like travel the world.if u nor go get am u nor go get am...Grace speaks

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jun 25, 2017
daffizo12:
Travelling history Ni....I have uncles and auntys who have gotten American Visa on a virgin passport.if u like travel the world.if u nor go get am u nor go get am...Grace speaks
well it take the grace of God concerning all this having your USA visa but on this thread I've seen majority of people having visited UK, Germany France Spain and they've their visa at the end of everything,so I think it counts visiting this countries I've mentioned earlier on.I do see few ones been given visa having claimed to have visited Ghana cotedeivore Togo republic but majority of them are been denied .
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 10:30pm On Jun 25, 2017
We need to get something straight...
God's grace is important but I'm not sure God will be worried if you get U.S visa or not especially if you're lying to get it.
if you have the require ties and the V.O deemed it right to issue you a visit visa fine... if not it's not the end of the world unless you're set on absconding the moment you set foot in U.S if truly it's for visit then it shouldn't be big deal.
Travel history can't be forge... a lot of people don't understand this is that if you've not traveled out of Nigeria in 10 yrs and you decided to visit dubai,Europe and south africa 3-4 months before you apply for U.S visa it's a bit obvious you're doing this for U.S visa unless you can prove to the V.O you're doing this for fun or conference which is another explanation if you're lying.. applicant with fake visa stamps will be ban for life or 5 yrs and they won't even know...
We won't even finish talking about travel history if we decided to talk about it talkless of other ties... getting U.S visa is deeper than that
Most V.O studied Nigeria culture and people for more than 3 months before attending to visa applicant so they are not new to us and our tricks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jun 25, 2017
What I have noticed from previous U.S. Visa
interviews and study how Vo rates applicants ..
Fine we must understand that grace, favor and
mercy counts ..... Also , there are some criteria I think they examine ::: for instance , if you are
applying alone as a married man / Woman and let say you have kid(s) . Even without travel history you can still have your visa because they would consider you have some ties that would prompt you to come back . Secondly , if you are applying as single person as a man or woman with marital status as single but with travel history then you stand a chance as well . But my point is if you are traveling or applying as a group, as in , more than one which could be a man and his wife plus kids OR just a man and his wife without any travel history , the chance of getting a visa is extremely low . Having said all these, I still believe that grace and favor works . For travel history please we should just forget neighboring countries as a travel history for the U.S. Visa tho It might work for other embassies but I strongly believe it doesn't work for US embassy anymore because anyone could forge these neighboring country border stamps as they are not done with biometrics unlike eastern Africans or other known African countries who gives stickers which I believe is a good travel history at least . Also Schengen visa and UK is also good .. In all, GRACE counts because applicant might be soooooooooo lucky to be interviewed by a friendly consular officer but I must be sincere ,such cases are very rare these days .

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jun 25, 2017
Mikehk2:
What I have noticed from previous U.S. Visa interviews and study how Vo rates applicants .. Fine we must understand that grace, favor and mercy counts ..... Also , there are some criteria I think they examine ::: for instance , if you are applying alone as a married man / Woman and let say you have kid(s) . Even without travel history you can still have your visa because they would consider you have some ties that would prompt you to come back . Secondly , if you are apply as single person as a man or woman with marital status as single but with travel history then you stand a chance as well . But my point is if you are travel as a group as in more than one which could a man and his wife plus kids or just a man and his wife without any travel history , the chance of getting a visa is extremely low . Having said all these I still believe that grace and favor works . For travel history please we should just forget neighboring countries as a travel history for the U.S. Visa tho It might work for other embassies but I strongly believe it doesn't work for US embassy anymore because anyone could forge these neighboring country border stamps as they are not done with biometrics unlike eastern Africans or other known African countries who gives stickers which I believe is a good travel history at least . Also Schengen visa and UK is also good .. In all, GRACE counts because applicant might be soooooooooo lucky to be interviewed by a friendly consular officer but I must be sincere , such cases are very rare these days .
God bless you my brother ,you're on real point honestly.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jun 25, 2017
daffizo12:
Can someone enter UK from schengen countries?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bigbus: 11:23pm On Jun 25, 2017
Propertyeighty:
Thanks!

Dear Propertyeighty,
Please don't be offended o. But I have a question. I can't reconcile your "I have learnt so much..." with "... what are my chances?" and "... how to go about it."
Can you help me?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by 9jaStar: 2:00am On Jun 26, 2017
150 to 170 what? Dollars, pounds, euros, Naira?
Whatever it is, must be challenging to survive on just 170 Naira/dollars/pounds. . .

austinelex:
hellooo pple in d house pls help i am 25 years old single a business man i earn about 150 to 170 in a month and i have a rented apartment,my question is can my business, income and rented apartment convince d vo as strong ties pls gurus in d house help
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by 9jaStar: 2:48am On Jun 26, 2017
I've never flown Egypt Air, but before you fly Air Maroc, read this thread https://www.nairaland.com/3840289/sure-fly-royal-air-maroc

moravelu:
Abeg guys! I want to book flight to new york. Im trying to manage cost, anything so bad in using air maroc or air egypt?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by 9jaStar: 3:01am On Jun 26, 2017
As long as you are within the 12-month period, you remain eligible for Dropbox

nell4:
house please i have been to the U.S twice. I didn't travel with my last renewal and it is about to expire. I want to renew it again and don't know if I am qualified for dropbox or not.
thanks

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nell4: 3:56am On Jun 26, 2017
9jaStar:
As long as you are within the 12-month period, you remain eligible for Dropbox

12-month period. my last renewal was 2 years visa about to expire on September .pls clarify.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by 9jaStar: 5:22am On Jun 26, 2017
Salami71:
I have been so worried and concerned about the amount of days to book, it as stopped me from filling my ds 160 form all because i intend staying in the state for 21 days and the hotels am seeing only accept 1,2 or 3 days night maximum

There are tons of hotels you can book after you arrive.
Worst case scenario, do AirBnB

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 7:58am On Jun 26, 2017
nell4:
12-month period. my last renewal was 2 years visa about to expire on September .pls clarify.

Clarification is that you have from about now till September next year (12 months after expiration of visa) to renew via the use of the dropbox option, a day more than 365 days after expiration of the visa to be renewed means you no longer qualify for Dropbox, you then will have to go in for an interview. Summarily, you qualify to use the Dropbox option anytime within the next 15 month if time consideration in Dropbox qualification is all we are looking at. Regards

(1) (2) (3) ... (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.