Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,116 members, 7,818,329 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:47 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (478) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1534899 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by damico: 3:07pm On Aug 20, 2017
Good evening house please Help me out, I lost my payment form B1/B2 from GT Bank, what do I do please
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Derende(m): 3:35pm On Aug 20, 2017
That is no problem. Kindly visit the branch you made payment and explain to them. They will reprint another copy for you, cos the cashier that processed it for you still has a record in the system.
damico:
Good evening house please Help me out, I lost my payment form B1/B2 from GT Bank, what do I do please
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by muyico0le(m): 5:18pm On Aug 20, 2017
muyico0le:
Pls after someone was denied US visa, nd wanna Apply for school stuff in Canada can I change my profile for the Canada own because some of the US own wasn't correct..Will the Canada embassy know about your US profile or know if u v bin denied before?
Thanks

Please I need your view
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by jj17cv(m): 6:21pm On Aug 20, 2017
I dont know about changing profile or not all I know is Canada and USA share the same profile once you have been denied USA visa u have to declare it
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 6:27pm On Aug 20, 2017
adeptonlin:
Someone to please tell me what to do. Ive scheduled an appointment with my initial ds160 form that was submitted. But later found some mistakes which prompted me to fill another form and submitted. Is there anyway I can update the new ds160 confirmation number without affecting my appointment date?

The answer to this can be found on the very same page you asked this question, kindly just go through it. Regards!

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by moufpeas(m): 6:47pm On Aug 20, 2017
Hi everyone.
Here is my my profile....im single 29 years old. I have a fledgling company which I incorporated in dec 2016 in the UK. I visited the UK twice this year in respect to my company work.
My company is an online music service. I earn around 450k a month (£1000) on the average.
I had my masters in the UK btw 2013 and 2015. My parents and my brother are based in get UK as citizens. My sis is married she's in Lagos.
I have not worked by july 2015 when I returned to naija and Dec 2016 when I returned to UK to incorporate my company.
In a nutshell I I want to visit my friend in new York and also want to explore and discover more about about the American music scene in respect to my work

Please do i have a strong case with respect to my ties as I'm applying from naija.
2. I have been refused us visa before while I was studying in the UK in 2014 as they said I don't have ties then
3. I have been refused canada visa 2 ce last year and this year...i dunno IF if that has any effect

Thanks in anticipation .
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 7:37pm On Aug 20, 2017
DO NOT TRY THAT AT ALL. THE WESTERN COUNTRIES DO SHARE INFORMATION. HONESTY IS ALWAYS THE BEST POLICY!

muyico0le:
Pls after someone was denied US visa, nd wanna Apply for school stuff in Canada can I change my profile for the Canada own because some of the US own wasn't correct..Will the Canada embassy know about your US profile or know if u v bin denied before?
Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 7:39pm On Aug 20, 2017
What are your 'strong ties' to the country that you are applying from?.

moufpeas:
Hi everyone.
Here is my my profile....im single 29 years old. I have a fledgling company which I incorporated in dec 2016 in the UK. I visited the UK twice this year in respect to my company work.
My company is an online music service. I earn around 450k a month (£1000) on the average.
I had my masters in the UK btw 2013 and 2015. My parents and my brother are based in get UK as citizens. My sis is married she's in Lagos.
I have not worked by july 2015 when I returned to naija and Dec 2016 when I returned to UK to incorporate my company.
In a nutshell I I want to visit my friend in new York and also want to explore and discover more about about the American music scene in respect to my work

Please do i have a strong case with respect to my ties as I'm applying from naija.
2. I have been refused us visa before while I was studying in the UK in 2014 as they said I don't have ties then
3. I have been refused canada visa 2 ce last year and this year...i dunno IF if that has any effect

Thanks in anticipation .
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by moufpeas(m): 9:01pm On Aug 20, 2017
KaptainAfrika:

Well since my company internet based i can work from anywhere...so I work from Nigeria as well. But the only tie to Nigeria is that I help my dad monitor his properties here in Nigeria when I'm in the country...
i think i have more ties in the UK ...i spent virtually the 1st quarter of this year in the UK on a visit visa. (My 2 year uk visit visa just expired in July but wanna apply for us visa before i renew it ).
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by damico: 9:21pm On Aug 20, 2017
Derende:
That is no problem. Kindly visit the branch you made payment and explain to them. They will reprint another copy for you, cos the cashier that processed it for you still has a record in the system.

I made this payment since March this year that is almost 5month ago
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kaynine59(m): 10:26pm On Aug 20, 2017
Hi Guys...

Please who has recently traveled to the states and via JFK to be precise. What are the things to expect from customs and immigration. Questions and all that.

your inputs would be appreciated.

Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by JWTheocracy1: 10:39pm On Aug 20, 2017
asid:

Yep, the one the only

na me oo. how you dey na? Abeg I need this for my friend and his coy. one agent was telling them 200k just to get a conference for them.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by honeyoluwatoyin: 11:16pm On Aug 20, 2017
Room mate needed in Atlanta .. pls send me dm
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by asid(m): 11:48pm On Aug 20, 2017
JWTheocracy1:

na me oo. how you dey na? Abeg I need this for my friend and his coy. one agent was telling them 200k just to get a conference for them.

Ask your friend to simply use Google

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 1:35am On Aug 21, 2017
damico:

OK. So what do u think nairaland can now do as u are yet to go to the bank that will solve your issue?

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 1:40am On Aug 21, 2017
JWTheocracy1:

Imagine the work that the agent will go through to get the data u seek. And the fact that he's charging that amount because your friend does not wish to do for himself what he can do.
Now he wants to get the info free from here.....
Take the advice given. Google.com. Less than 2 days of research and less than 1mb of data....

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by moufpeas(m): 2:38am On Aug 21, 2017
Please @lady G and others I need insights....thanks.

moufpeas:
Hi everyone.

Thanks in anticipation .
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by TWoods(m): 3:44am On Aug 21, 2017
moufpeas:
Hi everyone.

Thanks in anticipation .

More likely that you'll be denied again. the problem is you really have no ties at all.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by TWoods(m): 3:49am On Aug 21, 2017
muyico0le:
Thanks

In short you lied on your application for a US visa and you want to lie some more on a Canadian visa application? Sigh... the truth bro, at all times will indeed set you free.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by TWoods(m): 4:01am On Aug 21, 2017
olystic:
My interview goes

Vo- Good morning
Me- Good morning
Vo- you going for vacation
Me- Yes
Vo- where in the us are you going
Me- New York

Vo- do you know anybody there
Me- no

Vo- Have you travelled out of the country
Me- Yes,I told him during my last leave holiday I travelled to South Africa, Kenya
Vo- Where do you work
Me- told him where I work and my job position
Vo- how much do you earn in a month
Me- 345504 NGN

Vo- how long have you been saving for this trip
Me- since beginning of the year

Vo- how long have you been working
Me- 4 years
Vo- walk me through what you do when you resume at your place of work
Me- explained to him what I do at my place of work
The next thing he hands me the blue paper saying on the paper explained why I do not qualify for a visa at this time.
Could someone explain to me where I got it wrong

This is pretty simple to be honest. You earn approximately $950 per month and you want to take a vacation in NY. You've been saving for this trip for 7 months... Lets assume you were about to save approximately 50% of all you've earned in that time, you basically have $3300 saved up for this trip.

Now i presume that the flight ticket alone will cost no less than $1000. that leaves you with approximately $2300. Again, you're going to spend your vacation in NY, one of the most expensive cities in the US. Let's assume you intend to spend no more than a week in NYC, you have roughly $330/day to spend. You know nobody in the US, so you will certainly be staying in a hotel. The cheapest hotels in NYC will charge you at least $100/night... so really you have only $230/day to spend on food, transportation, tickets to sightseeing locations...

The bottomline is that you really do not make enough money to waste it all on a vacation that is of no benefit to you. there are cheaper places in Nigeria to spend a vacation.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Derende(m): 6:38am On Aug 21, 2017
Even though it is one year ago, the bank still has the record with them. There is no problem at all.
Am a banker as well. Just visit the branch and everything will be rectified.
damico:

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by damico: 7:20am On Aug 21, 2017
Derende:
Even though it is one year ago, the bank still has the record with them. There is no problem at all.
Am a banker as well. Just visit the branch and everything will be rectified.

Thank you so much, I will do that immediately
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 7:44am On Aug 21, 2017
TWoods:

This is pretty simple to be honest. You earn approximately $950 per month and you want to take a vacation in NY. You've been saving for this trip for 7 months... Lets assume you were about to save approximately 50% of all you've earned in that time, you basically have $3300 saved up for this trip.

Now i presume that the flight ticket alone will cost no less than $1000. that leaves you with approximately $2300. Again, you're going to spend your vacation in NY, one of the most expensive cities in the US. Let's assume you intend to spend no more than a week in NYC, you have roughly $330/day to spend. You know nobody in the US, so you will certainly be staying in a hotel. The cheapest hotels in NYC will charge you at least $100/night... so really you have only $230/day to spend on food, transportation, tickets to sightseeing locations...

The bottomline is that you really do not make enough money to waste it all on a vacation that is of no benefit to you. there are cheaper places in Nigeria to spend a vacation.

Your analysis was based on the fact that the applicant does not have much funds. This is wrong. There could have been a lot of other factors for rejection. The applicant was denied after the VO asked for the job responsibilities. Possibly, the VO isn't convinced about the job responsibilities? A lot of people earn less that 250k and still get visas on a daily basis. Also, 3000 dollars is just about right for a trip to NY. The only concern I would have as a VO is that how could someone spend his or her YTD savings on a two weeks trip to NY?

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Chuchunana: 8:13am On Aug 21, 2017
manifest:

Your analysis was based on the fact that the applicant does not have much funds. This is wrong. There could have been a lot of other factors for rejection. The applicant was denied after the VO asked for the job responsibilities. Possibly, the VO isn't convinced about the job responsibilities? A lot of people earn less that 250k and still get visas on a daily basis. Also, 3000 dollars is just about right for a trip to NY. The only concern I would have as a VO is that how could someone spend his or her YTD savings on a two weeks trip to NY?

I totally agreed with you. When i got my first Us Visa i was not earning up to the stated amount but it is definitely connected to the fact that he had plans to use up all his year long savings on one trip. I think he did not come off convincing to the VO.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by moufpeas(m): 9:13am On Aug 21, 2017
TWoods:

More likely that you'll be denied again. the problem is you really have no ties at all.

Ok thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by moufpeas(m): 11:47am On Aug 21, 2017
Lady G and others ...please I need yr opinion thanks

moufpeas:
Hi everyone.

Thanks in anticipation .

KaptainAfrika:

Well since my company internet based i can work from anywhere...so I work from Nigeria as well. But the only tie to Nigeria is that I help my dad monitor his properties here in Nigeria when I'm in the country...
i think i have more ties in the UK ...i spent virtually the 1st quarter of this year in the UK on a visit visa. (My 2 year uk visit visa just expired in July but wanna apply for us visa before i renew it ).
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by TWoods(m): 1:03pm On Aug 21, 2017
manifest:

You just repeated everything i said.

Also, note i highlighted the fact that the OP knows no one in the US - so that he/she does not have anyone else to defray any costs. $3000 is right for a 2-week trip to NY IF you have someone to stay with (zero costs for accommodation, food and possibly transportation).
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by JWTheocracy1: 3:25pm On Aug 21, 2017
Good afternoon All. is urgent!!! please.

which date is nearest available for interview in September be it Lagos or Abuja?
any idea should please help asap. Thank You in advance!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Abeehorlar: 3:55pm On Aug 21, 2017
I have a question, me and my son have USA visa planing to use it next month however I plan to apply for Canada visa with my family. What is the way forward and how slim is our chance get Canada visa
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 4:58pm On Aug 21, 2017
moufpeas:

Lady G and others ...please I need yr opinion thanks

KaptainAfrika:

Well you just reiterated what he said. An internet job is not a strong tie.
Having ties in the UK dosent count and they no send
Your father's business is his tie not yours.
You can skim the thread for what the vos consider ties
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kolaekundayo(m): 6:35pm On Aug 21, 2017
I av my interview next month, I applied for b1/b2, my salary is 520k, I'm married, I av a family friend in us, but I don't have any travel experience. Pls what is my chance of getting d visa.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Sebastine1606(m): 6:45pm On Aug 21, 2017
TWoods:

I know of a family of four, (husband, wife and two kids) who was granted visa on 250k monthly pay to the husband and wife a petty trader....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.