Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,766 members, 7,827,840 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (481) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1537834 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 6:13am On Aug 23, 2017
baani:
Good Day Everyone, please can someone direct on how and what is the procedure to renew my U.S visa
Go to the us embassy website.
Follow the instructions given at the column for " dropbox renewal"
Very easy to understand

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Codedmd: 6:37am On Aug 23, 2017
Hello house, I got interviewed @ Lagos embassy on Monday 21/08/17 n was denied again for the 3rd time. My interview was going smoothly wt d V.O @ window 3 b4 she handed me d blue paper.

Transcript

V.O: Good morning
Me: Good morning ma
V.O: U are going to Maryland
Me: yes
V.O: for what purpose?
Me: I'm going on holiday to visit my sister on their 10th year wedding anniversary
V.O: How did ur sister got to America?
Me: trough visa lottery in 2007
V.O: what did you do?
Me: I'm a computer programmer @ Bleep company
V.O: (looks me straight in d eyes) u sure u work wt d company
Me: yes dats where I work
V.O: who is in Philly?
Me: My uncle
V.O: how many relatives did u have in d US?
Me: 2... My uncle dat live in Philly n my sister in Maryland.
V.O: I can c u ar married
Me: yes, and blessed with 2 beautiful kids
V.O: you are travelling alone?
Me: yes... Trying to gv her reason why I'm travelling alone, d next tin I saw was handling me d blue paper

My people I dnt know where I get it wrong again, I don't even know she could come up with my uncle dat live in Philly cos in my 2 previous applications, I intended to visit my uncle den. Pls, I need u guys to walk me through where I got it wrong dis time again
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by cosade(m): 7:05am On Aug 23, 2017
Codedmd:
Hello house, I got interviewed @ Lagos embassy on Monday 21/08/17 n was denied again for the 3rd time. My interview was going smoothly wt d V.O @ window 3 b4 she handed me d blue paper.

Transcript

Me: I'm going on holiday to visit my sister on their 10th year wedding anniversary

Me: yes... Trying to gv her reason why I'm travelling alone, d next tin I saw was handling me d blue paper

My people I dnt know where I get it wrong again, I don't even know she could come up with my uncle dat live in Philly cos in my 2 previous applications, I intended to visit my uncle den. Pls, I need u guys to walk me through where I got it wrong dis time again

It appears that you didn't include your Uncle's name as a relative in your most recent visa application form, because you were surprised on how the VO came up with his name. Unfortunately, you had earlier stated his name as a relative in previous applications.

VO was of the view that you lied.

Equally, your Uncle's status in USA could be an issue.

6 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 7:08am On Aug 23, 2017
@codedmd it's only the vo that knows why he refused you. However the only thing I can say is, take heed of of this saying
" to do the same thing over and over and expect a different result is the definition of insanity "
If you can afford to visit the US then you should be able to afford a trip to the UK,
Or Brazil. Or France. Or Australia. Or Cyprus.
By your own reckoning is it OK that since you were refused last year, u went to Ghana and which other African country alone? If I were a vo I would tag you either a liar or a man with no love for his family.

Finally, you cannot say u don't have any idea about anything wrong in your transcript. Somebody asks you if you are sure you work somewhere and you do not perceive an integrity issue? Stop reapplying until you clear up any issue/s of misrepresention if you have any
They wont tell you they know. Any body advicing you to maintain the lie clearly has no idea about how the process works.

If you are married then go on a vacation with the family. That demonstrates that the US is not the only place u want to go to.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Sebastine1606(m): 7:23am On Aug 23, 2017
LadyGuinivere:
@codedmd it's only the vo that knows why he refused you. However the only thing I can say is, take heed of of this saying
" to do the same thing over and over and expect a different result is the definition of insanity "
If you can afford to visit the US then you should be able to afford a trip to the UK,
Or Brazil. Or France. Or Australia. Or Cyprus.
By your own reckoning is it OK that since you were refused last year, u went to Ghana and which other African country alone? If I were a vo I would tag you either a liar or a man with no love for his family.

Finally, you cannot say u don't have any idea about anything wrong in your transcript. Somebody asks you if you are sure you work somewhere and you do not perceive an integrity issue? Stop reapplying until you clear up any issue/s of misrepresention if you have any
They wont tell you they know. Any body advicing you to maintain the lie clearly has no idea about how the process works.

If you are married then go on a vacation with the family. That demonstrates that the US is not the only place u want to go to.
LadyG, you have said it all.
1-married and traveling without family is wrong
2-i also sense issue of untruth in the area of work, the VO is not supposed to ask "are you sure" if he was convinced
3-the purpose of even going to sister's wedding anniversary, isn't to me a good reason for travel... My view though
4-uncle in Philly ?.....but mentioned by the VO
In a nut shell, the VO has perceived a lie and a potential immigrant...... The whole concept of applying for a visa in non immigrant.. How we make this work, it's upto us
But not doing the right thing over and over again is a slap in our own face
Get it right, give some space, clear the coast by being honest and travel with your family.....
You will succeed

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 9:06am On Aug 23, 2017
@sebastine. A likle correction
Traveling without family is not a crime. It happens steady. To date I am yet to travel with my husband to the US together.
But. We have travelled to other countries together. So the point I was trying to make was that even the Ghana he went to was alone. There must be real evidence to support any assertion one makes

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Codeblues(m): 9:14am On Aug 23, 2017
Sebastine1606:

LadyG, you have said it all.
1-married and traveling without family is wrong
2-i also sense issue of untruth in the area of work, the VO is not supposed to ask "are you sure" if he was convinced
3-the purpose of even going to sister's wedding anniversary, isn't to me a good reason for travel... My view though
4-uncle in Philly ?.....but mentioned by the VO
In a nut shell, the VO has perceived a lie and a potential immigrant...... The whole concept of applying for a visa in non immigrant.. How we make this work, it's upto us
But not doing the right thing over and over again is a slap in our own face
Get it right, give some space, clear the coast by being honest and travel with your family.....
You will succeed

I was issued visa on Monday without my wife and 2 kids. Going for tourism.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Sebastine1606(m): 9:29am On Aug 23, 2017
LadyGuinivere:
@sebastine. A likle correction
Traveling without family is not a crime. It happens steady. To date I am yet to travel with my husband to the US together.
But. We have travelled to other countries together. So the point I was trying to make was that even the Ghana he went to was alone. There must be real evidence to support any assertion one makes
Okies dear, I agree... Only that 2 of my colleagues were denied on bases of married traveling alone,the VO was even nice enough to tell one of Em, "why going alone " until he went with his family for vacation.... And Boom, he was approved
I agree with you shaaa LadyG.... grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 11:36am On Aug 23, 2017
Codedmd:

Pls, I need u guys to walk me through where I got it wrong dis time again

Sibling in the US hardly an advantage, rather an hurdle, more work to do as regards being convincing

Travel history almost yet zero for this kind of application/hurdle

You couldn't have filled your uncle's detail on this since you were visiting your sister this time, but sure, he's part of your record already and will always be seen, and something maybe wrong about him, and linkable to you too somehow. E.g. he may have abandoned his own family in Naija easily with just a B1/B2 visa gotten in the past and regularized his stay in the US thereafter (a thing VOs despise), this may be running in the family as an assumption you know

Your work part, why that question? Maybe you already flunked it in your previous interview as per what you do and it's recorded on your profile already and the VO can see that, and you were probably giving him/her more reason to be suspect.

Different VOs different perspective on individual and family travels. Possible you ain't even married and having children may be a ruse too, and the VO maybe seeing through this. This marriage and children part, has it always been consistent in previous applications?

Purpose of travel isn't even up to speed. A landmark birthday celebration, maybe 50, 40, 60 or something would cut it better than this "THEIR" 10th year wedding anniversary in my opinion. Why are you not actually attending such with your wife sef?

Generally, be wary of notes from your previous interviews methinks. Regards

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 1:12pm On Aug 23, 2017
1. Have you been put in Administrative processing before?
2. Have you used an agent to fill your form before?
3. How did your uncle enter into the US?
4. Did you list all your relatives in the US?

Codedmd:

Transcript

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Jpinpin76: 4:50pm On Aug 23, 2017
Please house i have been a visitor and love each and every post which is informative. I have to clarify something and I need anyone with rightful information to respond to my aid. I have been issued a conference 3months visa to USA and this is non appearance, does this still work in USA embassy in Nigeria ? I'm scared and need to clear my doubt cos I don't want to enter any form of problem with USA immigration.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Sebastine1606(m): 5:16pm On Aug 23, 2017
Jpinpin76:
Please house i have been a visitor and love each and every post which is informative. I have to clarify something and I need anyone with rightful information to respond to my aid. I have been issued a conference 3months visa to USA and this is non appearance, does this still work in USA embassy in Nigeria ? I'm scared and need to clear my doubt cos I don't want to enter any form of problem with USA immigration.
3 months American conference visa?
Non appearance?
Never heard of it shaa cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 5:45pm On Aug 23, 2017
1. What type of visa did you apply for?

Jpinpin76:
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 5:50pm On Aug 23, 2017
I just thought of dropping this here. If you must book your tickets via a travel agent, please let them use your card or you go to the airline office/bank or you do it online. So that you don't fall into the 'stolen credit card' issue.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 7:41pm On Aug 23, 2017
Jpinpin76:
Who issued you the visa? Is this type of visa mentioned on the website?
If you have any doubt about it then your hands ain't clean. In which case you have the answer to your question. Don't come here to seek validation for what you have knowingly done wrong
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 7:52pm On Aug 23, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
1. What type of visa did you apply for?

3 month visa that he sat at home and they stamped for him
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 7:58pm On Aug 23, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

Who issued you the visa? Is this type of visa mentioned on the website?
If you have any doubt about it then your hands ain't clean. In which case you have the answer to your question. Don't come here to seek validation for what you have knowingly done wrong

My exact same thought earlier on too, I just said to let slide even though I'm convinced he's in for something bad due to the coded doubts so expressed by him....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 8:06pm On Aug 23, 2017
Jpinpin76:

"You have" or they "told you that you have"?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Aibisoye0: 9:04pm On Aug 23, 2017
Hello house,

Need advise. Bought tickets to the US via Qatar already. Was to travel early 2016 couldn't make it because i had to go to the Uk, Lost my grandpa and so many work stuff later on. Now I'm going before visa expires in November. I'm on a really tight budget as I just want to make this trip based on when next i apply i don't get to answer why didn't i use the previous visa issued.

Can I use AirBnB (its cheaper and some okay places far from city center) as i mentioned in my application i will be staying in a hotel in Times Square, but hotels are crazily expensive now and i will like to enjoy the sights and sounds. I also mentioned i'll be staying for 5 days, but after looking at the Israellite journey to Qatar then to Nyc i had to make it 8 days...hope that wont affect me o. I just won see yankee comot...

Where in Ny can i stay that will be safe. either AirBNB or good cheap hotel (checked Bookingcom already) not to far from the sights and sounds as well.

One last question: is cab cheaper or uber from the airport into town.

Thanks guys...@seyewest, @ladyG, @all please help a novice.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mrszez: 9:31pm On Aug 23, 2017
Hello all, pls need your advise. In March 2017 , I applied for a US visit Visa but i was denied, I went through my visa form there's mistakes, I don't know how to go about it, My date of Birth and also my wife date of Birth is not correct, Can i apply again filling the right information, pls whats the implication if i apply again my self with corect details. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 9:35pm On Aug 23, 2017
Aibisoye0:
Hello house,

Need advise. Bought tickets to the US via Qatar already. Was to travel early 2016 couldn't make it because i had to go to the Uk, Lost my grandpa and so many work stuff later on. Now I'm going before visa expires in November. I'm on a really tight budget as I just want to make this trip based on when next i apply i don't get to answer why didn't i use the previous visa issued.

Can I use AirBnB (its cheaper and some okay places far from city center) as i mentioned in my application i will be staying in a hotel in Times Square, but hotels are crazily expensive now and i will like to enjoy the sights and sounds. I also mentioned i'll be staying for 5 days, but after looking at the Israellite journey to Qatar then to Nyc i had to make it 8 days...hope that wont affect me o. I just won see yankee comot...

Where in Ny can i stay that will be safe. either AirBNB or good cheap hotel (checked Bookingcom already) not to far from the sights and sounds as well.

One last question: is cab cheaper or uber from the airport into town.

Thanks guys...@seyewest, @ladyG, @all please help a novice.
Use booking. Come. You'll see some good bargains for even Manhattan. But with the exchange rate.... Check first
Cab/Uber all cost. Trains/subway awesome. You just gotta do your research on routes. It's pretty straight forward and it takes your every where in NY. There are trains that leave from JFK. Google will become your bestie sha. What I usually do is take a paper and chart option A ,B and C. I write down different options based on the train I meet.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Sebastine1606(m): 9:39pm On Aug 23, 2017
Sebastine1606:

3 months American conference visa?
Non appearance?
Never heard of it shaa cheesy cheesy cheesy
I thought as much too, the 3 months visa with non appearance, only in US, u ain't going to get that... All applicants for visa must appear before a VO for credibility check..
That being said, am right to say the visa is "Oluwole visa" which is tantamount to deportation at the POE or even land him in police net when he gets into our dear motherland....
Bro, take my advice... Run and throw that passport inside burning fire
grin grin

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by webfocus(m): 12:32am On Aug 24, 2017
Hello pple

I visited new-york to be precise for a conference for a period of 10 days. I just got back and i realised i wasnt stamped out ...i passed through all the normal screening and all...buh i just dont knw where they were suposed to have stamped my passport.
I am asking if this cud cause a future problem...or if there is something that can be done about it or something..

Gracias
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by TWoods(m): 1:14am On Aug 24, 2017
Jpinpin76:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Wait, you were issued a US visa without having to appear at a US consulate for an interview? Bros... if you ever wish to travel to the United States, don't appear at a US POE with that "visa", you will be packaged to the next Lagos-bound aircraft and you will never see the US again till you die.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by TWoods(m): 1:14am On Aug 24, 2017
webfocus:
Hello pple

I visited new-york to be precise for a conference for a period of 10 days. I just got back and i realised i wasnt stamped out ...i passed through all the normal screening and all...buh i just dont knw where they were suposed to have stamped my passport.
I am asking if this cud cause a future problem...or if there is something that can be done about it or something..

Gracias

Your exit is electronically registered now. No worries.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 1:45am On Aug 24, 2017
LadyGuinivere:
@cosade, KA and Asid. U guys aren't nice at allcheesy cheesy cheesy
@wolesap is there an occupation called oil and gas?
You work as a sales representative at Bla Bla Bla company. Then u describe your duties where asked. From there it ought to be clear the sector your work at
If you actually work in that field you should know the difference between that...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by TheCongo2: 2:07am On Aug 24, 2017
Jpinpin76:

How much did you pay for that visa?

Watch this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEcGvd0_xl0

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 2:24am On Aug 24, 2017
Abeehorlar:

I will advise you disvirgin your passport by sending it through ABC bus that pass through, borders like Cotonou, Togo and ghana
That's illegal and wrong... You know better.... SMH

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 2:29am On Aug 24, 2017
Abeehorlar:

Sure! But I mean when I'm back from my Trip, can I apply with my family? What are the procedure?
This is not a Canadian visa thread.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 2:31am On Aug 24, 2017
bullringa1:
Kudos to LadyG, Seyewest and other gurus. My question is this. If both parents has US Tourist visa and wants to take their children for vacation how will they go about it, will the children apply through Dropbox or go for interview with their parents. Thanks for your kind response.
They must appear with the children
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 2:38am On Aug 24, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

By all means ignore what's on the letter OK? Ignore a clearly stated instruction and come to nairaland and get New set of instructions from the face less folks that will not conduct your interview. Do not upload your passport OK? Ignore. You are special. The chosen one. Above the rules. Favoured. In fact u may decide to stay at home. The vo will come to your house and stamp your passport k?
LMAOOOOOOO The Special one. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by baani(m): 3:30am On Aug 24, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

Go to the us embassy website.
Follow the instructions given at the column for " dropbox renewal"
Very easy to understand

Thank you, do you have an idea how long it takes

(1) (2) (3) ... (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.