Stats: 3,152,862 members, 7,817,547 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:10 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (49) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1534586 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by lionshare: 4:47pm On Feb 01, 2016
@LadyGuinivere I have been a silent reader for some time now. Had my interview today, but it was denied. The v.o seems to be dashing out visas to those before me, but she refused me for reasons I can suspect. She only asked me two questions(location and occupation) but while she was flipping through my passport she noticed i have been refused entry at poe in UK at that point, she stopped and started typing....only to hand me the blue paper.

I was advised to obtain a new passport prior to the interview but its against my principle as a person(Not a saint) . Pls advise...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 4:57pm On Feb 01, 2016
lionshare:
@LadyGuinivere I have been a silent reader for some time now. Had my interview today, but it was denied. The v.o seems to be dashing out visas to those before me, but she refused me for reasons I can suspect. She only asked me two questions(location and occupation) but while she was flipping through my passport she noticed i have been refused entry at poe in UK at that point, she stopped and started typing....only to hand me the blue paper.

I was advised to obtain a new passport prior to the interview but its against my principle as a person(Not a saint) . Pls advise...
no need to obtain a new passport actually just try to work things out and make it right that's all, can you post a detailed transcript of the interview
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 7:18pm On Feb 01, 2016
@lionshare sorry about that.
Ist. Kindly do as chloe said. Post a detailed transcript.
2. Its good u didn't get a new passport. These people conduct checks and its better you own up by yourself about previous ish (abi is it ishes cheesy)
Although the truth is that a reasonable person will likely get biased upon seeing a refusal of entry. I mean she's going to think 'if UK didn't trust him enough why should we? '
Why were u refused entry though? Did u misrepresent or what? Let's deal with that ist and transcript and then proceed to the next step if any
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by lionshare: 7:57pm On Feb 01, 2016
chloe7:
no need to obtain a new passport actually just try to work things out and make it right that's all, can you post a detailed transcript of the interview
Transcript

Me: good morning
V.o: good morning
V.o: where are you going to
Me: New York
V.o: what do you do?
Me: own sales outlets for tech gadgets(iPhone and Samsung) and accessories in Lagos
V.o: flips through passport then noticed the refusal page and then abruptly stops! Type for some seconds...sorry you are not qualified!
Me: smiled, collect my papers and zoomed out! Everyone thought I had gotten the visa with the smile on my face...lol

LadyGuinivere:
@lionshare sorry about that.
Ist. Kindly do as chloe said. Post a detailed transcript.
2. Its good u didn't get a new passport. These people conduct checks and its better you own up by yourself about previous ish (abi is it ishes cheesy)
Although the truth is that a reasonable person will likely get biased upon seeing a refusal of entry. I mean she's going to think 'if UK didn't trust him enough why should we? '
Why were u refused entry though? Did u misrepresent or what? Let's deal with that ist and transcript and then proceed to the next step if any

I got a business visa for a conference in Sheffield in 2013, and I couldn't make the trip because of the outrageous fare (Margaret thatchers burial period), eventually when I got the ticket had another family emergency so I had to reschedule only to arrive a day after the conference. So I was refused entry on the grounds that the conference had ended as of the time of my arrival even though the visa was for multiple entry.

Since then, I have not had any reason to travel safe for Dubai I went to last year February.

Thanks ...awaiting

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 8:15pm On Feb 01, 2016
lionshare:
Transcript

Me: good morning
V.o: good morning
V.o: where are you going to
Me: New York
V.o: what do you do?
Me: own sales outlets for tech gadgets(iPhone and Samsung) and accessories in Lagos
V.o: flips through passport then noticed the refusal page and then abruptly stops! Type for some seconds...sorry you are not qualified!
Me: smiled, collect my papers and zoomed out! Everyone thought I had gotten the visa with the smile on my face...lol

I got a business visa for a conference in Sheffield in 2013, and I couldn't make the trip because of the outrageous fare (Margaret thatchers burial period), eventually when I got the ticket had another family emergency so I had to reschedule only to arrive a day after the conference. So I was refused entry on the grounds that the conference had ended as of the time of my arrival even though the visa was for multiple entry.

Since then, I have not had any reason to travel safe for Dubai I went to last year February.

Thanks ...awaiting

obviously the immigration officer that refused you entry woke up on the wrong side of the bed that day if Na wetin happen be that, i'll advice you first try to sort out this uk issue first before going back to the u.s because they will always question you about why you were refused entry and they might just Continue to refuse, so why not apply for a UK visa again sort out that end then come back to America, let others contribute to this matter too
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 8:43pm On Feb 01, 2016
@lionshare I have a slightly different take.
For starters, when you are refused, your circumstance has to change. You didn't commit a crime per the UK entry refusal so in my opinion what u need is to clear the mind of the next vo.
However in the time out I advice u to take, try that UK again or any european country. Visit if u can afford it. That should count as substantial change.
Then when you are reapplying and in the column for why u were refused, go to town. Explain what you suspect its cos of the entry refusal for uk and explain clearly werrin shele.
Trust me, they l verify. If u peraventure have gotten the UK visa,U add that detail.
Goodluck

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by shithapuns: 10:15pm On Feb 01, 2016
this issue is making me a lil confused.
my wife has a visa interview soon..usa.
i already hv a visa.
anyneed her going to the interview with intro letter from my company, my 6months bank acct payslip etc?
i intend for her to go with a p.copy of my visa page
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by motherloventina: 12:25pm On Feb 02, 2016
So the worst of my fear happened... we were splitted.. my sister and her kids were given and I was refused.. the man didn't really ask much

After getting our thumbprint
V.O who has the children
My sis: they are mine
VO: ok typed and typed then looked up..you are sisters right?
My sis and i: yes
VO sadto me) what do you do : I'm running through my masters program in mass communication, I have interest in the media
VO: have you been out of the country before?
Me : yes I've been to some WA countries.. ghana,togo,republic of benin and dubai
VO : flipped through my passport pages and put it aside ,then took my sis passport and flipped through, Madam you ve been to the uk twice with your family
My sis: yes
VO: what do you do
My sis : I am an operations manager in xxxxx bank
VO: front or back
My sis: back,i handle xxxxx
VO : how much do you earn
My sis: 669,000
VO: ok sorry I'll have to makke a split decision at this moment, you and your children can proceed with your traveling plans, your sister isn't eligible right now

Sad but God knows best... I recently got a job with multi vintage media.. salary is 180k can I apply again like 6months after so we can go for the family trip by December?

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 12:46pm On Feb 02, 2016
Motherloventina sorry about your refusal, the v.o literally took his time with you both with the tone of the transcript, you know sometime ehn and depending on the v.o these Dubai and west Africa countries travel no hold water for them, maybe just wait till you get employed or marry or travel to like one better place before you reapply, cheers dear and sorry again about the refusal.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 12:52pm On Feb 02, 2016
motherloventina:
So the worst of my fear happened... we were splitted.. my sister and her kids were given and I was refused.. the man didn't really ask much
Sorry about that dear . From the profile u posted earlier, not working, limited travel history , unmarried. This was the fear.
IMO, from the transcript I believe the travel history may be the issue. Its Good you have gotten a job. But if u remember, I told u earlier its not quite ok to go as a child minder/helper. My advice for u to is to establish your own ties. Untie the apron strings from your sister. Show that you are your own person.
Ordinarily folks get confirmed after a Year of getting a job. Within that year see if u can get 'better' travel history. I remember u also mentioned something about masters. By then u ought to have completed the programme. Show yourself consistent and apply to go for your own vacation and not to travel with your own sister.
Godd luck

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by motherloventina: 1:06pm On Feb 02, 2016
@chloe7 I'm employed already, wanted to go with my employment letter but since I already filled my masters as my present status, I just dropped it,marriage isn't my decision alone to make so I don't knw when that will come up,and why waste money to go to where I don't feel like going or knows no one cos of usa visa..I really want to go with my sis and her kids for the family vacation, it really pained her,she said she will shift the vacation to December instead of easter as planned and I'll probably reapply like Sept/October,if marriage comes in btw as I wished and prayed,fine,if not does it mean if I apply with my new job,without marriage and other travel history, is it another waste of money or I shd just sit my ass back home?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by motherloventina: 1:11pm On Feb 02, 2016
Thanks @ladyguinivere maybe I shd do Germany with my mum then.. she has a seminar sometimes middle of the year,she was there last year,its a gospel seminar once a year..
As I be lady na.. I no fit propose to myself..lol and I can't tell my guy to propose because I wan collect usa visa..lol
But really if not for my sis that wants me to come with them.. I have no biz in usa.. I don't see the fun traveling alone
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 1:49pm On Feb 02, 2016
motherloventina:
Thanks @ladyguinivere maybe I shd do Germany with my mum then.. she has a seminar sometimes middle of the year,she was there last year,its a gospel seminar once a year..
As I be lady na.. I no fit propose to myself..lol and I can't tell my guy to propose because I wan collect usa visa..lol
But really if not for my sis that wants me to come with them.. I have no biz in usa.. I don't see the fun traveling alone
I agree about it not being fun travelling alone but its pointless either wasting money. IMO, the strongest tie u have now is your job. If I met. U and told u I got a job 6 months ago and I wanna go to the US on vacation, how would u rate the importance of that job to me bearing in mind I need to get my leave approved?
Anyways that's just my opinion
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by zed7: 4:51pm On Feb 02, 2016
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 5:33pm On Feb 02, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

I agree about it not being fun travelling alone but its pointless either wasting money. IMO, the strongest tie u have now is your job. If I met. U and told u I got a job 6 months ago and I wanna go to the US on vacation, how would u rate the importance of that job to me bearing in mind I need to get my leave approved?
Anyways that's just my opinion
then in this case she needs travel history but some countries visas are hard to get e.g Germany, Canada etc they want you to go to others first before coming to test their waters especially as a young and single lady, I know single girls who have been given visas even without a office job but good travel history, and others got u.s visas as kids and now they try to get they give them one hand, so as a single person I believe it's either you are married, have a good job that you have been on for a while or have good travel history, applying as a masters student isn't a bad idea actually but I also think the travel history was the mess up Motherloventina
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by oganlalasokun: 7:49am On Feb 03, 2016
Please I have this to clarify
I have been formerly married but divorced since last year but I have a child wit my ex wife
I have got my US visit visa since 2015 January and only visited the US just once where I spent just 7 days.
Recently I hearld that my ex-wife travelled to the US with my daughter who is just 5 years old, both of them went on a visiting visas which I am aware they got around last year September, I got mine in January.
Now, I plan visiting the US for vacation next week, and plans to spend just 3 weeks with my friend
Now, can I be asked questions about my ex-wife's who is currently in the US ? Reason I'm asking is that we r divorced and I don't even know her whereabout now, all I know is that she's still in the US since December when she went. I only follow her on the Facebook.
1) Can I be questioned about her, even though we r divorced
2) I don't have any evidence of us being divorced, must I get to the POE with evidence of the divorced ?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 8:21am On Feb 03, 2016
oganlalasokun:

Please I have this to clarify
I have been formerly married but divorced since last year but I have a child wit my ex wife
I have got my US visit visa since 2015 January and only visited the US just once where I spent just 7 days.
Recently I hearld that my ex-wife travelled to the US with my daughter who is just 5 years old, both of them went on a visiting visas which I am aware they got around last year September, I got mine in January.
Now, I plan visiting the US for vacation next week, and plans to spend just 3 weeks with my friend
Now, can I be asked questions about my ex-wife's who is currently in the US ? Reason I'm asking is that we r divorced and I don't even know her whereabout now, all I know is that she's still in the US since December when she went. I only follow her on the Facebook.
1) Can I be questioned about her, even though we r divorced
2) I don't have any evidence of us being divorced, must I get to the POE with evidence of the divorced ?

1. Yes
2. How can one be formally married and formally divorced without any evidence?

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 8:48am On Feb 03, 2016
All these same stories...
As if the answer will change with a different moniker lipsrsealed

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by zed7: 10:20am On Feb 03, 2016
Please flying to the US with Airfrance, KLM, Qatar or any other airline that does a stop over, especially in Europe, is a transit Visa needed? Delta flies direct but too expensive.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 10:35am On Feb 03, 2016
zed7:
Please flying to the US with Airfrance, KLM, Qatar or any other airline that does a stop over, especially in Europe, is a transit Visa needed? Delta flies direct but too expensive.
U no dey step outside the airport hence no visa needed
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by zed7: 10:57am On Feb 03, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

U no dey step outside the airport hence no visa needed

Ok, thanks ma'am.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by brotundes: 12:02pm On Feb 03, 2016
Please, I just received an information now that from monday the US visa fees will be 62,200. How is the information reliable?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 12:22pm On Feb 03, 2016
brotundes:
Please, I just received an information now that from monday the US visa fees will be 62,200. How is the information reliable?
WHAT?!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 12:24pm On Feb 03, 2016
chloe7:
colored colored what's up, don't run away like me o cheesy grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy
I joined the silent readers bandwagon. Lol

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by jowa16: 12:33pm On Feb 03, 2016
@brotundes which monday?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 1:05pm On Feb 03, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

WHAT?!
I just check GTBank online for the payment and it's still 31200

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 1:16pm On Feb 03, 2016
iRyan:
I joined the silent readers bandwagon. Lol
Lool that's good na just dey contribute small small no run away as I run away too
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by brotundes: 1:17pm On Feb 03, 2016
Next week monday
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 1:21pm On Feb 03, 2016
brotundes:
how can, that's a lie and according to them this 31200 rate is till December 2016 and it's due to exchange rate, don't mind the information abeg, my heart skipped a beat when I heard this 61k abi na 62k cheesy

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by shamecurls(m): 3:26pm On Feb 03, 2016
Hello House,

can someone please list the step by step approach on how I can renew my B1/B2 visa.

thanks in advance
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 3:57pm On Feb 03, 2016
shamecurls:
Hello House,

can someone please list the step by step approach on how I can renew my B1/B2 visa.

thanks in advance
Check the US website. The step by stepof visa renewal is there
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by shamecurls(m): 4:07pm On Feb 03, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Check the US website. The step by stepof visa renewal is there

Thanks alot. Maybe am checking right. Can u pls send me a link?

Thanks in advance

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90