Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,482 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (486) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1535010 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by lekzy007(m): 9:04pm On Aug 29, 2017
hello house,i am a silent reader on this thread i want to ask two questions.

1.is it advisable to reserve my hotel now or wait till interview date is closer,interview schedule for October.

2. can I change the hotel I filled in my ds160 form to a more cheaper one?

thanks as you reply.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 9:38pm On Aug 29, 2017
nefertitiram:

Houston is great. If you like Venice, cities built on water
grin grin grin
Chai see as Nef dey drag her future city in mud.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 9:40pm On Aug 29, 2017
lekzy007:
hello house,i am a silent reader on this thread i want to ask two questions.

1.is it advisable to reserve my hotel now or wait till interview date is closer,interview schedule for October.

2. can I change the hotel I filled in my ds160 form to a more cheaper one?

thanks as you reply.
Why don't you wanna use the cheap one with your application?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by lekzy007(m): 9:44pm On Aug 29, 2017
seyewest:

Why don't you wanna use the cheap one with your application?

I wanted to choose a cheaper one now but the one I filled in my ds160 form is more expensive and peoples review about the hotel is not really encouraging.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 9:57pm On Aug 29, 2017
lekzy007:

I wanted to choose a cheaper one now but the one I filled in my ds160 form is more expensive and peoples review about the hotel is not really encouraging.
it's advisable to choose the hotel you plan to stay in when you're in U.S although it's not a must.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mrszez: 11:10pm On Aug 29, 2017
House , pls i need your help. I applied for visit visa in march this year but was denied. I notice then they was mistake in my date of birth. The agent i use then made a mistake. Pls i want to reapply next month. Pls how do i go about it since am applying myself and the dirth of birth wahala. Please i need your kind advise.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bigbus: 11:33pm On Aug 29, 2017
mrszez:
House , pls i need your help. I applied for visit visa in march this year but was denied. I notice then they was mistake in my date of birth. The agent i use then made a mistake. Pls i want to reapply next month. Pls how do i go about it since am applying myself and the dirth of birth wahala. Please i need your kind advise.

1. Did you bring up this "mistake" in your March interview? Did the VO take note to correct it?
2. Is the date of birth in your passport reflect this same "mistake"?
3. @Bolded. The US takes the truth very seriously and your visa application is your responsibility.
4. You need to correct that "mistake" in your next application, by coming clean about your records.
5. Read this thread thoroughly and you will see that other people have made the same mistake (and similar ones) in the past and have been advised on how to correct it.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 11:39pm On Aug 29, 2017
seyewest:

grin grin grin
Chai see as Nef dey drag her future city in mud.

As the place de under water nko? All the flood wey we suffer for Biafra Republic here, e no make news o.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by wolesap: 12:31am On Aug 30, 2017
Good morning house.Please I need help on how to correct a mistake on my already submitted DS 160 form.am I going to cancel my initial application?I have gone through the beginning of this thread but couldn't find a solution.Please kindly help.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 12:34am On Aug 30, 2017
wolesap:
Good morning house.Please I need help on how to correct a mistake on my already submitted DS 160 form.am I going to cancel my initial application?I have gone through the beginning of this thread but couldn't find a solution.Please kindly help.

@the bolded; Seems you are being economical with the truth now! Well, you have to fill another form, and no need cancelling your appointment. A profile update should do....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by wolesap: 12:43am On Aug 30, 2017
Thanks.Please kindly put me through on how to find a solution to this problem.Truly I have read through the beginning of the thread as you advised but couldn't see how to correct my mistakes.Kindly help me.God bless.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by TWoods(m): 3:37am On Aug 30, 2017
jenny2007:
Guys,
This thread is very helpful. I advise everyone trying to apply to read from page 0 to current page before applying. While reading take note of refusals and why they were denied and apply to your case. Ask yourself same questions that were asked others in this forum and find potiential answers here too. Also read the successful ones and take note of questions asked and how the applicant replied. Read the pages like you're preparing for an important job interview or even and then PRAY. I ALWAYS visit the travel page on this site before applying for any country's visa and follow same guidelines listed and I have always been successful. That and prayers.
Secondly, be confident while standing in front of the visa officer at the embassy. They can smell fear even as soon as they see you. Make direct eye contact with them and chat (not talk ) with them like you're having a normal day to say conversation with a familiar friend.
Thirdly, Do NOT let any agent film your form for you becos they could fill in an information about you that isn't correct and when you are interviewed and asked a question based on what the agent filled in you start looking like a complete nutter. If you must fill the forms with an agent make sure that you do it TOGETHER and be the one to tell him what to fill INFRONT of you before submitting the form online.
Pls when asked you're salary don't go and put millions even if you earn it. I filled 200k as my monthly salary but i earn way more than that in a month. These people already think that an applicant is a potiential immigrant so it is up to you to prove that you are not migrating and will come back after your trip. Why you write that you earn million a they think that you're trying hard to get them to believe you. Just be yourself!
Fourthly, study the form that you filled online like the bible (or Koran) becos the interview questions will come from there. If you've been denied before and are re-applying you must remember what you filled in the previous applications becos you may still be asked questions based on previous applications especially if you were denied before. Had your circumstance changed?
Make sure that you stick strictly to what you wrote on the form while applying (whether truth or not pls stick to what you filled ). By the way, also stick to what you wrote on your form while arriving at your POE too. For those that want to travel from another city then transit to the final destination while there, make sure you hold an onward ticket on the bus or local airline over there.
Guys, anyone can get the visa whether single or married. Just defend what you have on your form and pray and be confident. I'm single and God gave me mine on first trial. I travelled and came back home to my business.
For those going for visits to friends and relations make sure that the person inviting you isn't there illegally and do not owe taxes. Those going for forums and conference make sure you get as much info about it and it better to related to your field of work.
Speaking of your field of work make sure that you know your job responsibilites very well and if asked mention it the way you filled it online. Those people are programmed like robots o so make sure you stick to your Info online. One of my aunties and her family got this visa on virgin passports. She's never even been to cotonou. Prepare ( read the thread here from page 0) and pray then fill your form correctly. Goodluck guys and may God grant everyone here their heart desires.

They are not. They are simply doing a honest job, in dedication to their country and its laws. I understand that this feels foreign to a people who live as if laws don't exist.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Chuchunana: 5:07am On Aug 30, 2017
TWoods:

They are not. They are simply doing a honest job, in dedication to their country and its laws. I understand that this feels foreign to a people who live as if laws don't exist.

That's her opinion and clearly not everybody shares it but there's really no need to get overly defensive...take a chill pill

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by TWoods(m): 5:25am On Aug 30, 2017
Chuchunana:

That's her opinion and clearly not everybody shares it but there's really no need to get overly defensive...take a chill pill

That was my opinion and clearly you do not share it, but there's really no need to be a hypocrite... take your own advice.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Chuchunana: 5:31am On Aug 30, 2017
TWoods:

That was my opinion and clearly you do not share it, but there's really no need to be a hypocrite... take your own advice.

Yes Madam...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by lekzy007(m): 7:29am On Aug 30, 2017
thanks for your response ,my first question has not been answered,can I go ahead and reserve the hotel I filled in my ds160 form now as my interview has been schedule for October or reserve when it next month,also i will like to know the implication of reserving hotel earlier or close to interview date.

thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by cosade(m): 7:41am On Aug 30, 2017
TWoods:

smiley wink cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 9:58am On Aug 30, 2017
lekzy007:
thanks for your response ,my first question has not been answered,can I go ahead and reserve the hotel I filled in my ds160 form now as my interview has been schedule for October or reserve when it next month,also i will like to know the implication of reserving hotel earlier or close to interview date.

thank you.

Yes, you can go ahead. Too much unwarranted worries though, no implications....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by sihamey: 10:03am On Aug 30, 2017
You do not need to bother about Hotel you will like to stay since you have schedule your interview i will advice you to focus on getting the visa first before decided or change Hotel reservation since you have already fill in Hotel as a place of stay.

lekzy007:

thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Yjc07: 10:37am On Aug 30, 2017
Hello house, please can anyone help me out " I've been filling the DS-160 Form for almost 5 days now I'm unable to complete it each time I gets to Work / Education / Training stage Session Timed Out!. Please what do I do? because I already schedule appointment at the Embassy Abuja for 5th September but still unable to submit my application. I need urgent help please!!!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Lanrey1(m): 11:22am On Aug 30, 2017
I heard if d embassy grant u 2yrs visa dat doesn't guarantee u of staying for 2yrs,,,, can someone explain I-94 form and how Naija play there way on dis I-94.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 11:45am On Aug 30, 2017
Yjc07:
Hello house, please can anyone help me out " I've been filling the DS-160 Form for almost 5 days now I'm unable to complete it each time I gets to Work / Education / Training stage Session Timed Out!. Please what do I do? because I already schedule appointment at the Embassy Abuja for 5th September but still unable to submit my application. I need urgent help please!!!

You are spending too much time on the page methinks. Type and move on smartly/quickly or just keep attempting to save page every 2 minutes while you are yet typing, just to sustain your time of being on the particular page without being timed out.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Cherez: 11:49am On Aug 30, 2017
Guys,
Good work in here.
Please, I have a business conferences to attend but the first one is in October 28, 2017.
Is there a chance of getting an appointment date first week of October?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 11:50am On Aug 30, 2017
Cherez:
Guys,
Good work in here.
Please, I have a business conferences to attend but the first one is in October 28, 2017.
Is there a chance of getting an appointment date first week of October?

Hardly in Lagos, Abuja up for grabs
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 12:42pm On Aug 30, 2017
Lanrey1:
I heard if d embassy grant u 2yrs visa dat doesn't guarantee u of staying for 2yrs,,,, can someone explain I-94 form and how Naija play there way on dis I-94.

Though you may be granted a visa valid for 2 years, the max you can get stamped into the US for is 180 days (some people get stamped in for much shorter times - even 2 weeks). You also in your best interest won't want to abuse this privilege dumbly I can assure you. Are you there for medicals, visit or what? Just a few circumstances warrant you running down the 180 days if you value your future relationship with the US.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 12:46pm On Aug 30, 2017
sihamey:
You do not need to bother about Hotel you will like to stay since you have schedule your interview i will advice you to focus on getting the visa first before decided or change Hotel reservation since you have already fill in Hotel as a place of stay.

It will be good if we understood better what the OP is communicating, we are getting him wrong some bit. Does he have a reservation for the hotel he intends using as stated in his DS160 form? This is what I think he's trying to resolve for now....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Cherez: 2:11pm On Aug 30, 2017
OmoBendel24:

Hardly in Lagos, Abuja up for grabs
Thanks Bro
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by lekzy007(m): 2:25pm On Aug 30, 2017
OmoBendel24:

It will be good if we understood better what the OP is communicating, we are getting him wrong some bit. Does he have a reservation for the hotel he intends using as stated in his DS160 form? This is what I think he's trying to resolve for now....

I don't have the reservation for the hotel I filled in my ds160 form yet ,my question is can I reserve the hotel on my ds160 form now or wait for later date.and also is it advisable to change the hotel for a cheaper one? which sihamey have answered earlier.

thanks.
OmoBendel24:

I don't have the reservation for the hotel I filled in my ds160 form yet ,my question is can I reserve the hotel on my ds160 form now or wait for later date.and also is it advisable to change the hotel for a cheaper one? which sihamey have answered earlier.

thanks.
OmoBendel24:

thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ifeoluwasegun(m): 3:02pm On Aug 30, 2017
Hello everyone,

Please I have a question to ask, an uncle applied and was denied B1/B2 on Monday.

The transcript as he said goes:

VO: Where are you visiting in the US

Uncle: Roswell, Georgia

VO: Who are you visiting there?

Uncle: My Sister (She's actually a Cousin)

VO: When has she been in the US

Uncle: Since 23 years ago

VO: Does she has a green passport?

Uncle: Yes

VO: Do you have it here?

Uncle: No

VO: I'm sorry blah blah blah...

That was how he narrated the transcript, so I wanna ask what the VO meant as the green passport for the American resident and how can my uncle the applicant have it here in Nigeria.

Thank you... LadyG, seyewest, justwise, etc.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 3:13pm On Aug 30, 2017
ifeoluwasegun:
Hello everyone,

Please I have a question to ask, an uncle applied and was denied B1/B2 on Monday.

The transcript as he said goes:

VO: Where are you visiting in the US

Uncle: Roswell, Georgia

VO: Who are you visiting there?

Uncle: My Sister (She's actually a Cousin)

VO: When has she been in the US

Uncle: Since 23 years ago

VO: Does she has a green passport?

Uncle: Yes

VO: Do you have it here?

Uncle: No

VO: I'm sorry blah blah blah...

That was how he narrated the transcript, so I wanna ask what the VO meant as the green passport for the American resident and how can my uncle the applicant have it here in Nigeria.

Thank you... LadyG, seyewest, justwise, etc.

Well, this transcript will hardly be a correct one as it is! If it is true, I bet on it that both the inviter and invitee have long crossed the "red line" (in fact, the "intercontinental red line" undecided) in the VO's assessment, probably deadly liars and illegal immigrant and intending illegal immigrant.... #Shior!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by lexzyy(m): 3:50pm On Aug 30, 2017
Chuchunana:

I tire oo
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mrszez: 8:05pm On Aug 30, 2017
Thank you all for your response really appreciate

(1) (2) (3) ... (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.